Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we still want him? 07:32 - May 24 with 5366 viewsBlooos

With everything going on with McKenna, even if he does end up staying, surely there’s now going to be a saltiness in the air? He’s clearly interested in other things and not 100% on us.. do we even want him anymore? With us going into the transfer market, it’s going to put potential players off coming here with all this noise now as a lot of players would join because of him. We can probably be sure Omari won’t be coming back now after all this.

I know he obviously isn’t an Ipswich fan like we are and clearly doesn’t have a connection to the club as much as we thought he did, clearly he’s more of a businessman than we thought. But we gave him his chance.

If he goes anywhere other than Man Utd which is clearly the job he wants then he can get fcked. Would be hoping he gets a hostile reaction if he returned as Brighton or Chelsea boss.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Do we still want him? on 09:48 - May 24 with 1074 viewsLibero

Do we still want him? on 09:46 - May 24 by pointofblue

Hmm but is the beautiful woman going on dating apps, saying she is looking to improve on who she's with (or allowing her friend to do this for her)?

No, but people are telling you that she is and you’re losing the plot at just the idea of it.
Do we still want him? on 09:50 - May 24 with 1055 viewsBrentwoodBlagger2

Do we still want him? on 09:43 - May 24 by Libero

To take your tongue in cheek analogy and run with it…

The OP is akin to being with a beautiful woman, going out with her and being upset that she’s turning heads or that people want to talk to her.
You’re seething and work yourself up about it so much that you get to the point where you say you don’t want to be with her because of it- cutting your nose off to spite your face in the process.

Funny connection!
Do we still want him? on 09:51 - May 24 with 1045 viewspointofblue

Do we still want him? on 09:48 - May 24 by Libero

No, but people are telling you that she is and you’re losing the plot at just the idea of it.

Someone trusted has suggested it's happening that way, though has also suggested the beautiful woman isn't happy about everything being so open. So can the woman not control the friend, or is she not really bothered enough to?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Do we still want him? on 09:56 - May 24 with 1029 viewsLibero

Do we still want him? on 09:51 - May 24 by pointofblue

Someone trusted has suggested it's happening that way, though has also suggested the beautiful woman isn't happy about everything being so open. So can the woman not control the friend, or is she not really bothered enough to?

hahaha, it’s diluting now because I’m not sure anyone trusted has reported anything of the sort.
Phil and co have reported on the reporting but their own comments have been minimal and balanced.

Norwich sports journalist certainly isn’t trustworthy and Sky Sports News are desperate for news between the season and euros.
All we actually know is other clubs are considering him and that we’re prepared to offer a sizeable new contract to keep him.

Anything else is conjecture and some of those perpetrating the conjecture have a financial incentive to do so.
Do we still want him? on 10:03 - May 24 with 995 viewspointofblue

Do we still want him? on 09:56 - May 24 by Libero

hahaha, it’s diluting now because I’m not sure anyone trusted has reported anything of the sort.
Phil and co have reported on the reporting but their own comments have been minimal and balanced.

Norwich sports journalist certainly isn’t trustworthy and Sky Sports News are desperate for news between the season and euros.
All we actually know is other clubs are considering him and that we’re prepared to offer a sizeable new contract to keep him.

Anything else is conjecture and some of those perpetrating the conjecture have a financial incentive to do so.

To clarify, it was Phil who suggested that the agent was behind the majority of the stories, especially the come and get me to Chelsea IIRC, as the agent has links. Thanks to all of this I've learned not to trust any of the press (still surprised to hear about the BBC) but I do trust him.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Do we still want him? on 10:20 - May 24 with 951 viewsBlueNomad

Ridiculous conclusion to the original post. If / when he says he is staying it will show enormous commitment which should make all of us feel even better about him.
Do we still want him? on 10:44 - May 24 with 923 viewskeighleyblue

not even a subtle attempt at trolling.
Do we still want him? on 11:26 - May 24 with 863 viewscrouchendyachtclub

If he stays then at a minimum, he’s rejected Brighton. Why would we be salty about that?

Anyone suggesting they wouldn’t be at least open to talks on a similar situation isn’t being honest with themself.
Login to get fewer ads

Do we still want him? on 11:29 - May 24 with 844 viewsTheMover

As far as I am aware, KMc hasn't made any public comments regarding the speculation, other than to say it was expected.

The ones that look bad from all this, imo, is his agent. I know he could tell them to reign it in and for all we know he may well have done so.

It has become a bit of a rolling snowball, gathering momentum because everyone is talking about it.

Out of interest, when the club is going to make an announcement how much notice do they give the press? Or do they release it with a moratorium on it?
Do we still want him? on 12:13 - May 24 with 787 viewsBlueBadger

Christ alive.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

You don't deserve him on 12:16 - May 24 with 779 viewsBuhrer

n to the t
Do we still want him? on 12:17 - May 24 with 765 viewsAnsty

As idiotic, Moronic, ill advised posts go this has to be almost top of the pile.
If you are reading this Kiearn always remember these people walk among us but do not represent the majority.
Do we still want him? on 12:18 - May 24 with 765 viewsSuffolkPunchFC

FFS - how many 12 year olds do we have posting on this forum?

Talk about "throwing your toys out of the pram ..."

Seriously - grow up.
Do we still want him? on 12:20 - May 24 with 754 viewsPlums

Half term's started early

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Do we still want him? on 12:23 - May 24 with 733 viewsblueasfook

Do we still want him? on 08:03 - May 24 by GavTWTD

Of course we want him but I would expect this media storm every time a premiership manager gets sacked. It would be tense wouldn't it. We need this sorted ASAP but in reality it hasn't been going on long, and just for another 7 days max I would say.

Do you know I am honestly beginning to think we should just sack him if this carries on much longer. I don't want to come across as a bedwetter but none of this is good for the club. If KM wants to stay then he needs to come out and state that he wont be listening to any offers. If he's going to remain on the fence and potentially open to offers then I think the disruption and uncertainty its causing is not good for the club and its pre-season preparations whatsoever, and Ashton should make his mind up for him and give him the boot. We don't want anybody who isn't 100% committed.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Do we still want him? on 12:23 - May 24 with 726 viewsTractorCam

Do we still want him? on 07:39 - May 24 by tractorboy1978

Do we want one of the best young managers in the world to be our manager still? Yes, I would say.

Anyone that can wish him any ill after taking us from 11th in L1 to the Premier League in 2 and a half years is silly.

Fanbase full of fannies

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Do we still want him? on 12:25 - May 24 with 715 viewsblueasfook

Div
[Post edited 24 May 13:58]

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Do we still want him? on 12:27 - May 24 with 677 viewsHerbivore

Do we still want him? on 12:23 - May 24 by blueasfook

Do you know I am honestly beginning to think we should just sack him if this carries on much longer. I don't want to come across as a bedwetter but none of this is good for the club. If KM wants to stay then he needs to come out and state that he wont be listening to any offers. If he's going to remain on the fence and potentially open to offers then I think the disruption and uncertainty its causing is not good for the club and its pre-season preparations whatsoever, and Ashton should make his mind up for him and give him the boot. We don't want anybody who isn't 100% committed.

Bonkers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Do we still want him? on 12:28 - May 24 with 667 viewsGlasgowBlue

Do we still want him? on 12:25 - May 24 by blueasfook

Div

On the plus side, imagine if we were going into a play off final this weekend with all this going on in the background.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Do we still want him? on 12:28 - May 24 with 667 viewsPlums

Do we still want him? on 12:25 - May 24 by blueasfook

Div

Because with a large pay rise imminent to keep us, we'd all tell our employer that we were staying in advance so they could reduce the offer wouldn't we???

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Do we still want him? on 12:31 - May 24 with 656 viewsbackwaywhen

Budgie …..
Do we still want him? on 12:35 - May 24 with 636 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Do we still want him? on 12:23 - May 24 by blueasfook

So, we pay up his contract and forego the compensation - that's just cost the club £11m then.
However much we get as a club from TV payments, this club will never be in a position to treat 11m as chump change because we feel like a jilted lover.

Personally, I think Ashton already knows where Town are likely to stand and will do the best for us in that siutation. I'd assume the data dashboard is already fired up and spitting out managerial possibilities.
Do we still want him? on 12:40 - May 24 with 615 viewsjaykay

Do we still want him? on 07:45 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

This getting silly now. Thread after thread slagging off McKenna.

i think a few feathered friends trying to stir the crap.
i'm amazed at the reactions on here from the click bait press articles about mckenna could be leaving us. that's what is mostly click bait.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Do we still want him? on 12:47 - May 24 with 600 viewstractorboy1978

Do we still want him? on 12:35 - May 24 by burnbudgiesburn

So, we pay up his contract and forego the compensation - that's just cost the club £11m then.
However much we get as a club from TV payments, this club will never be in a position to treat 11m as chump change because we feel like a jilted lover.

Personally, I think Ashton already knows where Town are likely to stand and will do the best for us in that siutation. I'd assume the data dashboard is already fired up and spitting out managerial possibilities.

Yes, I think Ashton knows exactly what is going on and what his position is. I don't think McKenna is going behind his back at all or lying to him - they have a great relationship.

People can keep saying 'this isn't good for us' but we aren't at all privy to what is going on at all. The speculation obviously isn't good and it has been damn disrespectful at times but it sounds like it has been business as usual for McKenna this week from what Stuart Watson and a couple of others have said. They've been talking plans for the new season.
Do we still want him? on 12:48 - May 24 with 594 viewswkj

Yes, we do - and it is unfair for us to give KM pelters for agent fuelled rumours. It is a shock to the system, but this is what being a premier league team is like for fans - especially teams expected to struggle who have clear stand-out talent. McKenna is the talk right now, but pretty soon Leif Davis will probably go through this exact process too.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024