Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. 07:26 - May 25 with 8601 viewshomer_123

Frankly, it's embarrassing.

Some of you lot don't deserve the last couple of years.

The garbage, vitriol and general sh*t being posted is a slight on the Club and on KM.

Wind your necks in and STFU.
[Post edited 25 May 7:46]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 07:28 - May 25 with 4640 viewsNthQldITFC

You have to filter out the enemy agents and the WUMs, but yes, there's far too much of it as you say.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 07:30 - May 25 with 4622 viewsMK1

Not quite as I would have put it, but yes, I agree with the sentiment.
What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 07:36 - May 25 with 4583 viewsSitfcB

God forbid some people be annoyed at a bloke we all love leaving us eh.

But like I said the other, should be saved for when/if it actually happens.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 07:38 - May 25 with 4541 viewsKeno

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 07:36 - May 25 by SitfcB

Is Mark leaving TWTD?

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 07:38 - May 25 with 4536 viewschicoazul

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 07:36 - May 25 by SitfcB

I don’t mean you specifically but I remember quite a few TWTDers laughing at the Liverpool fans reactions to Klopp leaving, and the same ones saying they should show a bit of class.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 07:40 - May 25 with 4513 viewsBuhrer

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 07:43 - May 25 with 4491 viewsBarcaBlue

Annoyance is understandable but calling for him to be sacked, thinly veiled insults and questioning his integrity has no place whatsoever.
What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 07:47 - May 25 with 4429 viewsKeno

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 07:40 - May 25 by Buhrer

Are the people at either end of that chart known as bell ends?

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 07:55 - May 25 with 4361 viewsSuffolkPunchFC

Sorry for marking you down as well as up - damn arrows too close together on a touchscreen 😉

Totally agree with the Entitled comment. I’ve said it in another post - Town fans don’t usually act like many other Entitled fans. Let’s leave that to other teams’ fans, get behind our club, be thankful for what Kieran has achieved over the past few years - be sad when he leaves(this year, next year or whenever), but wish him luck and get behind his replacement when it happens.
What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 07:56 - May 25 with 4336 viewsgaryinavault

Expressing anger and talking about issues at hand tend to help people. Regardless of there being any truth in the papers, they are reporting what they are reporting. If this news is true, it will go against him "keeping everyone together" and "everyone pulling in the right direction." You can maybe understand why people might be upset. You can see why they may want to discuss it. You can maybe see that football is an extremely passionate subject for many, hence some of the responses. Don't get me wrong, I don't think people should be saying anything horrible, but just as you probably believe the manager owes as nothing and he can do as he pleases regardless of acheivement, that is a two way street.
What he said 👆 on 08:00 - May 25 with 4286 viewsunstableblue

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 07:55 - May 25 by SuffolkPunchFC

Sorry for marking you down as well as up - damn arrows too close together on a touchscreen 😉

Totally agree with the Entitled comment. I’ve said it in another post - Town fans don’t usually act like many other Entitled fans. Let’s leave that to other teams’ fans, get behind our club, be thankful for what Kieran has achieved over the past few years - be sad when he leaves(this year, next year or whenever), but wish him luck and get behind his replacement when it happens.

I keep thinking the Town fan reaction isn’t as entitle and bitter as I think, and then I read some other trash message… about betrayal or tarnishing or greed…

We’re in the Premiership. Yes he was backed but is mainly down to McKenna. 16th wage bill, 2nd place, guys a genius.

Celebrate what he gave us, and if he goes wish him well, and back the new guy.

But he’s still not gone. And he may have not even spoke to the suitor clubs himself yet.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:10 - May 25 with 4151 viewswkj

Whoever knew being promoted into the premier league was the true meaning behind "Be Careful What You Wish For".

As a minow in the big pond we're going to have this kind of rumour and innuendo all the time whenever someone over performs. I don't think some of the fans who have dreamed of being in the Prem ever stopped to think how much more pressure and stress would come once our names start bringing in rumours.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:18 - May 25 with 4121 viewsJimmy86

I personally think, that the way this has all played out in the public domain and in the media is not a good look at all. It goes completely against the grain, regarding the tightening up the club has done in relation to its dealings with the media

I know football is a brutal business, but for such a measured and classy person this doesn't reflect well on McKenna, it just doesn't..

It is disrespectful to ITFC and certainly with regards to Man Utd, as Ten Hag is still in post, possibly not for much longer, admittedly...

When I stood in Christchurch park at the bus parade/promotion celebration I would never have imagined that only a couple of weeks later we'd be at this juncture... I can't fathom why he isn't looking to manage town for at least one season in the premiership when he worked so hard to get us there, it's just madness and that's what has ruled people
What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:22 - May 25 with 4062 viewsHerbivore

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:18 - May 25 by Jimmy86

I personally think, that the way this has all played out in the public domain and in the media is not a good look at all. It goes completely against the grain, regarding the tightening up the club has done in relation to its dealings with the media

I know football is a brutal business, but for such a measured and classy person this doesn't reflect well on McKenna, it just doesn't..

It is disrespectful to ITFC and certainly with regards to Man Utd, as Ten Hag is still in post, possibly not for much longer, admittedly...

When I stood in Christchurch park at the bus parade/promotion celebration I would never have imagined that only a couple of weeks later we'd be at this juncture... I can't fathom why he isn't looking to manage town for at least one season in the premiership when he worked so hard to get us there, it's just madness and that's what has ruled people

The press are going to speculate and McKenna is not the only manager that they are talking about in relation to the vacant and about to be vacant jobs. The idea that it is somehow personally disrespectful to us for McKenna to be talked about in relation to these jobs is odd.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:25 - May 25 with 4042 viewswkj

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:18 - May 25 by Jimmy86

McKenna hasn't really said very much at all, yet people are convinced he is orchestrating all of this. While he could leave us, I don't think McKenna is sat there having a laugh right now.
[Post edited 25 May 9:38]

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:28 - May 25 with 4025 viewsChurchman

While I agree with the message, I don’t agree with the title. I don’t think the majority of supporters are ungrateful or entitled. They just care. Nothing wrong with that. Most lived through the Evans years and know the score. They were here before McKenna and the owners and will be here long after they’ve gone.

However misguided or plain wrong, supporters are entitled to a view. This situation (whatever it actually is - who knows?) is not of their making and is not what anybody wants. What people are not entitled to be is rude, abusive or vitriolic. Aside from being out of order, it’s also counter productive.

The old rule of don’t post something you wouldn’t say to their face always applies, as far as I’m concerned.
What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:28 - May 25 with 4022 viewsMK1

I think we all knew his ultimate goal was to one day manage Man Utd. The fact it has come about (potentially) so quickly would be a shock to him as it is to us. This is the nature of a successful club. Others will always want what we have and if they have the money, or the person in question is a life long fan, then we can't stand in the way of that. Managers come and go, but the club remains. I support Ipswich Town Football Club.
What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:32 - May 25 with 3974 viewswkj

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:28 - May 25 by MK1

I think we all knew his ultimate goal was to one day manage Man Utd. The fact it has come about (potentially) so quickly would be a shock to him as it is to us. This is the nature of a successful club. Others will always want what we have and if they have the money, or the person in question is a life long fan, then we can't stand in the way of that. Managers come and go, but the club remains. I support Ipswich Town Football Club.

The ugly side of being in the best league of the world.

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:32 - May 25 with 3974 viewsJimmy86

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:22 - May 25 by Herbivore

The press are going to speculate and McKenna is not the only manager that they are talking about in relation to the vacant and about to be vacant jobs. The idea that it is somehow personally disrespectful to us for McKenna to be talked about in relation to these jobs is odd.

I suppose we are in uncharted territory too, as this is the first time I can remember that our manager has been courted by bigger, or more established PL clubs...

I just cannot fathom why he wouldn't want to manage us for at least a season in the premiership, when he has done such a remarkable job in getting us there... IF, the worst does happen and we go down, that won't damage his stock as much as people make out... Fact he's wanting out is a real kick in the balls, in my opinion
What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:32 - May 25 with 3975 viewschicoazul

2 weeks ago everyone was overcome by McK helping to clean up the park after the party and now after his reps may have spoken with two of the biggest clubs in Europe about their vacancies certain TWTDers think he is Satan incarnate. I’m loving every minute.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:33 - May 25 with 3959 viewsMK1

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:32 - May 25 by wkj

The ugly side of being in the best league of the world.

The Championship will always be my favorite.
What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:33 - May 25 with 3956 viewswkj

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:32 - May 25 by chicoazul

2 weeks ago everyone was overcome by McK helping to clean up the park after the party and now after his reps may have spoken with two of the biggest clubs in Europe about their vacancies certain TWTDers think he is Satan incarnate. I’m loving every minute.

I don't often agree with you, but this is exactly what I feel right now as well.

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:37 - May 25 with 3928 viewsMK1

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:32 - May 25 by Jimmy86

I suppose we are in uncharted territory too, as this is the first time I can remember that our manager has been courted by bigger, or more established PL clubs...

I just cannot fathom why he wouldn't want to manage us for at least a season in the premiership, when he has done such a remarkable job in getting us there... IF, the worst does happen and we go down, that won't damage his stock as much as people make out... Fact he's wanting out is a real kick in the balls, in my opinion

I understand that and it was well put, but this is how football has always been. Just these days everyone has a smart phone of lap top to read and respond on. In my day, you had to wait until the next days papers were out and you would chat with your mates down the pub about it.
[Post edited 25 May 8:38]
What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:42 - May 25 with 3882 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

"It goes completely against the grain, regarding the tightening up the club has done in relation to its dealings with the media"

We're in the big league now, it's the nature of the beast.

"for such a measured and classy person this doesn't reflect well on McKenna, it just doesn't.."

What has he actually done that isn't measured or classy? Repeating "it just doesn't" doesn't make it any more true.

"I can't fathom why he isn't looking to manage town...it's just madness"

The madness is yours I'm afraid. No evidence whatsoever that he isn't looking to manage town. Get a grip.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:43 - May 25 with 3867 viewsHerbivore

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:32 - May 25 by Jimmy86

We don't know that he's wanting out, we won't know that until he actually goes, if indeed he does go. But you can't expect a Town manager to not be willing to at least hear what the likes of Chelsea and United have to say, particularly United given his connections to the club.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024