| How often do you not put a post up? 09:12 - Feb 5 with 4125 views | Horsham | I mean in the case of having written and read it back and then thought something like ‘nah not worth it’ . Who does this and who doesn’t? I’ve got a couple of ideas of posters and who definitely don’t ever not post something they wrote! I bet if written but never posted was viewable the hot takes and rows would be off the scale. Shall I post this? Yeah Edit: I edited earlier but can’t remember why. [Post edited 5 Feb 2025 15:35]
|  | | |  |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 10:46 - Feb 5 with 1587 views | Blueschev | 'Not nearly enough' is the answer that springs to mind for a few on here! |  | |  |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 10:53 - Feb 5 with 1563 views | DJR | "Count to 10 before posting" might be a good mantra for us all. |  | |  |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 11:41 - Feb 5 with 1513 views | Kievthegreat |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 10:32 - Feb 5 by Pinewoodblue | It is clear from comments already made that many of us think trice before posting. There a few others who might like to think about doing the same. On a connected issue, edited posts, it would be helpful if a reason was given for the edit. Eg corrected spelling/ grammar. |
I will try to put a reason if I've changed/added something substantive or if I've fixed it a long time after initially posting. However when I hit post and then immediately have to fix a spelling error, grammar, etc... I will just edit without comment. In my mind I'm fixing it before anyone else has had a chance to digest the error. |  | |  |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 11:46 - Feb 5 with 1510 views | Fixed_It | I was going to reply to this thread but decided against it. |  |
|  |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 11:54 - Feb 5 with 1498 views | EdwardStone | I scrub posts... usually written to challenge the Trump/Farage apologists that occasionally pop up here My blood pressure soars as I write, my language becomes coarse ... much more so than usual... and the vein in my forehead starts throbbing I scrub the post and just div list them instead And feel a huge warm glow when they get crushed by the ban hammer |  | |  |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 12:11 - Feb 5 with 1456 views | hoppy | You wouldn't believe the number of puns I haven't posted. Also, pretty much most of my posting is of a very serious nature, so obviously I delete most of those before they make the forum. |  |
|  |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 12:15 - Feb 5 with 1446 views | GeoffSentence | Phil is reading this and despairing at all the engagement he is missing out on. |  |
|  |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 12:19 - Feb 5 with 1436 views | hoppy |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 11:54 - Feb 5 by EdwardStone | I scrub posts... usually written to challenge the Trump/Farage apologists that occasionally pop up here My blood pressure soars as I write, my language becomes coarse ... much more so than usual... and the vein in my forehead starts throbbing I scrub the post and just div list them instead And feel a huge warm glow when they get crushed by the ban hammer |
Could someone please tell EdwardStone that I apologise for causing him any stress. |  |
|  | Login to get fewer ads
| How often do you not put a post up? on 12:27 - Feb 5 with 1413 views | Horsham | I’m working on the assumption that anyone who doesn’t ‘not post’ is now now not posting. |  | |  |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 12:35 - Feb 5 with 1375 views | Ryorry | Occasionally. Be grateful for nice weather, when I tend to think ‘nah, cba’; and beware rainy and rest days when distractions are welcome |  |
|  |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 13:16 - Feb 5 with 1299 views | Hugoagogo_Reborn |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 10:32 - Feb 5 by Pinewoodblue | It is clear from comments already made that many of us think trice before posting. There a few others who might like to think about doing the same. On a connected issue, edited posts, it would be helpful if a reason was given for the edit. Eg corrected spelling/ grammar. |
I can happily say now, that every one of my edited posts will be for spelling! I'm terrible at it! Edit: spelling [Post edited 5 Feb 2025 13:16]
|  |
|  |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 13:19 - Feb 5 with 1284 views | WD19 | For sure. Usually when I am trying too hard to be funny and ultimately think better of it. |  | |  |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 13:23 - Feb 5 with 1273 views | Ryorry |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 13:19 - Feb 5 by WD19 | For sure. Usually when I am trying too hard to be funny and ultimately think better of it. |
Likewise |  |
|  |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 14:16 - Feb 5 with 1231 views | hoppy |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 13:23 - Feb 5 by Ryorry | Likewise |
Same... |  |
|  |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 14:22 - Feb 5 with 1217 views | WeWereZombies |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 13:19 - Feb 5 by WD19 | For sure. Usually when I am trying too hard to be funny and ultimately think better of it. |
This 'trying too hard to be funny', how does that work... |  |
|  |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 14:32 - Feb 5 with 1189 views | positivity | often (but probably not as often as i should!); i've suggested it as a feature before. either giving a minute's grace before the post goes out or even an "are you sure you want this to be published for the world to see" button. maybe trial it with the usual suspects? i would definitely recommend always giving your posts a cursory read before clicking the button |  |
|  |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 14:37 - Feb 5 with 1175 views | hoppy |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 14:22 - Feb 5 by WeWereZombies | This 'trying too hard to be funny', how does that work... |
No idea |  |
|  |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 17:55 - Feb 5 with 1082 views | Dubtractor | Yeah, definitely. Anything that might come across as confrontational I'll almost certainly delete and not post, as its really not worth the aggro. Just referred to this thread in Phil's latest lament! |  |
|  |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 17:58 - Feb 5 with 1068 views | Dubtractor |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 13:19 - Feb 5 by WD19 | For sure. Usually when I am trying too hard to be funny and ultimately think better of it. |
Yeah, that's the other one. The 'this sounds really funny in my head' and then realise that 'in my head' probably isn't a place anyone else lives! |  |
|  |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 19:22 - Feb 5 with 1010 views | Trequartista | Yes quite often. Not so much because I think my post will be confrontational, although that is the reason on occasion, more that I get to the end and think "is it really worth people's time reading that, I've gone a bit off topic and into far more detail than necessary" A bit like this post, which I'm going to delete but accidentally post. [Post edited 5 Feb 2025 19:23]
|  |
|  |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 19:35 - Feb 5 with 991 views | Horsham |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 19:22 - Feb 5 by Trequartista | Yes quite often. Not so much because I think my post will be confrontational, although that is the reason on occasion, more that I get to the end and think "is it really worth people's time reading that, I've gone a bit off topic and into far more detail than necessary" A bit like this post, which I'm going to delete but accidentally post. [Post edited 5 Feb 2025 19:23]
|
Well done for not posting that |  | |  |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 19:37 - Feb 5 with 984 views | Dubtractor |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 19:22 - Feb 5 by Trequartista | Yes quite often. Not so much because I think my post will be confrontational, although that is the reason on occasion, more that I get to the end and think "is it really worth people's time reading that, I've gone a bit off topic and into far more detail than necessary" A bit like this post, which I'm going to delete but accidentally post. [Post edited 5 Feb 2025 19:23]
|
What a waste of my time it was reading that. |  |
|  |
| ZZZZzzzzz.... (n/t) on 19:38 - Feb 5 with 979 views | Bloots |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 19:22 - Feb 5 by Trequartista | Yes quite often. Not so much because I think my post will be confrontational, although that is the reason on occasion, more that I get to the end and think "is it really worth people's time reading that, I've gone a bit off topic and into far more detail than necessary" A bit like this post, which I'm going to delete but accidentally post. [Post edited 5 Feb 2025 19:23]
|
|  |
| Keaton, Kint, McManus, Fenster and Hockney. |
|  |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 19:40 - Feb 5 with 971 views | Guthrum |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 19:22 - Feb 5 by Trequartista | Yes quite often. Not so much because I think my post will be confrontational, although that is the reason on occasion, more that I get to the end and think "is it really worth people's time reading that, I've gone a bit off topic and into far more detail than necessary" A bit like this post, which I'm going to delete but accidentally post. [Post edited 5 Feb 2025 19:23]
|
Ah, is digression and detail not such a good thing after all? I had wondered why people start to snore while I'm talking. |  |
|  |
| How often do you not put a post up? on 00:02 - Feb 6 with 895 views | Ryorry | Think I might have quintupled my previous total in the second half of yesterday |  |
|  |
| |