| Talksport 12:06 - Jun 19 with 6439 views | LeBlue | Talksport news just said that Ashton has told them that a manager announcement is "imminent" so "watch this space" they say. |  | | |  |
| Talksport on 12:15 - Jun 19 with 5561 views | EJP | From Phil's story today: “I’ve said that with players before. It’s games, people are just playing games and it’s not right. I know that because I know where the people are because I’m the one having the meetings and I’ve not had the meeting in Ipswich. It’s utter ridiculousness. “But it has to be imminent now because the recruitment team, are itching. We’re down the line on deals and we can’t conclude those deals until the manager’s in place.” |  | |  |
| Talksport on 12:25 - Jun 19 with 5342 views | Axeldalai_lama |
| Talksport on 12:15 - Jun 19 by EJP | From Phil's story today: “I’ve said that with players before. It’s games, people are just playing games and it’s not right. I know that because I know where the people are because I’m the one having the meetings and I’ve not had the meeting in Ipswich. It’s utter ridiculousness. “But it has to be imminent now because the recruitment team, are itching. We’re down the line on deals and we can’t conclude those deals until the manager’s in place.” |
And that's news and media in a nutshell. Two articles about the same situation, one specifies he's been given time and wants to make the right decision not rush it, yet equally 'true' the other quotes the imminent part and that it needs to be done soon. |  | |  |
| Talksport on 13:18 - Jun 19 with 4816 views | Ftnfwest | is that after mckenna appointed for fulham job? |  | |  |
| Talksport on 13:39 - Jun 19 with 4614 views | PhilTWTD | From what was said this morning I wouldn't say that's far off, certainly the next few days. Not 100 per cent but pretty sure it will be Gary O'Neil. |  | |  |
| Talksport on 13:41 - Jun 19 with 4533 views | eireblue |
| Talksport on 13:39 - Jun 19 by PhilTWTD | From what was said this morning I wouldn't say that's far off, certainly the next few days. Not 100 per cent but pretty sure it will be Gary O'Neil. |
Gary Paul O’Neil…….Phil…….you have warned them surely….. |  | |  |
| Talksport on 13:41 - Jun 19 with 4525 views | burnbudgiesburn |
| Talksport on 13:39 - Jun 19 by PhilTWTD | From what was said this morning I wouldn't say that's far off, certainly the next few days. Not 100 per cent but pretty sure it will be Gary O'Neil. |
Odds about to tumble! Phil moving the markets. |  | |  |
| Talksport on 13:44 - Jun 19 with 4461 views | Superblue95 |
| Talksport on 13:39 - Jun 19 by PhilTWTD | From what was said this morning I wouldn't say that's far off, certainly the next few days. Not 100 per cent but pretty sure it will be Gary O'Neil. |
That’s disappointing to hear |  |
|  |
| Talksport on 13:47 - Jun 19 with 4366 views | PhilTWTD |
| Talksport on 13:41 - Jun 19 by eireblue | Gary Paul O’Neil…….Phil…….you have warned them surely….. |
You would hope their due diligence would have spotted that! |  | |  | Login to get fewer ads
| Talksport on 13:47 - Jun 19 with 4359 views | hype313 |
| Talksport on 13:39 - Jun 19 by PhilTWTD | From what was said this morning I wouldn't say that's far off, certainly the next few days. Not 100 per cent but pretty sure it will be Gary O'Neil. |
Not the most inspiring or exciting appointment, but maybe that's what we need right now. |  |
|  |
| Talksport on 13:51 - Jun 19 with 4218 views | burnbudgiesburn | Well done to that guy who posted early that McKenna was leaving and that the club wanted GON to replace him. |  | |  |
| Talksport on 13:59 - Jun 19 with 4037 views | RIPbobby |
| Talksport on 13:39 - Jun 19 by PhilTWTD | From what was said this morning I wouldn't say that's far off, certainly the next few days. Not 100 per cent but pretty sure it will be Gary O'Neil. |
It will be interesting to see what the contract length is? Maybe he is given 12 months to keep us up? |  | |  |
| Talksport on 13:59 - Jun 19 with 3996 views | topguy |
| Talksport on 13:39 - Jun 19 by PhilTWTD | From what was said this morning I wouldn't say that's far off, certainly the next few days. Not 100 per cent but pretty sure it will be Gary O'Neil. |
if thats the case you would think his exp in relegations tipped the scales, GON aint the worst shout. hes judge on wolves which i think is unfair but as we have now seen that was a troubled club with big egos not an easy place to get going, might be kind of person we need to hopefully keep us up then go from there and if the worst happen GON would be better for the CS [Post edited 19 Jun 14:02]
|  | |  |
| Talksport on 14:05 - Jun 19 with 3856 views | N2_Blue | OGS has actually come in to odds on today from 11/8. He’s favourite over O’Neil on ladbrokes [Post edited 19 Jun 14:20]
|  |
|  |
| Talksport on 14:12 - Jun 19 with 3708 views | eireblue |
| Talksport on 13:47 - Jun 19 by PhilTWTD | You would hope their due diligence would have spotted that! |
Jeez, I can see it now, “Okay My Team, which of you forgot the Paul check, I know it wasn’t me, I had noise to avoid” |  | |  |
| Talksport on 14:26 - Jun 19 with 3442 views | Ryorry |
| Talksport on 13:39 - Jun 19 by PhilTWTD | From what was said this morning I wouldn't say that's far off, certainly the next few days. Not 100 per cent but pretty sure it will be Gary O'Neil. |
Well that’s wrecked my day you barsteward you! |  |
|  |
| Talksport on 14:40 - Jun 19 with 3253 views | N2_Blue |
| Talksport on 13:39 - Jun 19 by PhilTWTD | From what was said this morning I wouldn't say that's far off, certainly the next few days. Not 100 per cent but pretty sure it will be Gary O'Neil. |
very disappointing. Explains the time i guess as compenation would need agreeing with Strasbourg |  |
|  |
| Talksport on 14:44 - Jun 19 with 3219 views | BABLUE |
| Talksport on 14:40 - Jun 19 by N2_Blue | very disappointing. Explains the time i guess as compenation would need agreeing with Strasbourg |
That’s what’s delayed the announcement I believe. |  | |  |
| Talksport on 14:49 - Jun 19 with 3167 views | BlueandTruesince82 |
| Talksport on 13:39 - Jun 19 by PhilTWTD | From what was said this morning I wouldn't say that's far off, certainly the next few days. Not 100 per cent but pretty sure it will be Gary O'Neil. |
How sure in % terms do you think Phil? Have to say I dont see it. Hope he proves me wrong but that to me is straight off page 1 of the big book of available managers to appoint when you don't really know who to appoint. |  |
|  |
| Talksport on 14:59 - Jun 19 with 3021 views | N2_Blue |
| Talksport on 14:49 - Jun 19 by BlueandTruesince82 | How sure in % terms do you think Phil? Have to say I dont see it. Hope he proves me wrong but that to me is straight off page 1 of the big book of available managers to appoint when you don't really know who to appoint. |
I'm sure Phil is not a betting man, but if he's very sure, O'Neil is still 5/4 behind Solksjaer fave at 10/11 |  |
|  |
| Talksport on 15:13 - Jun 19 with 2852 views | Wallingford_Boy |
| Talksport on 13:39 - Jun 19 by PhilTWTD | From what was said this morning I wouldn't say that's far off, certainly the next few days. Not 100 per cent but pretty sure it will be Gary O'Neil. |
That is hugely disappointing. |  |
|  |
| Talksport on 15:40 - Jun 19 with 2584 views | Blooos |
| Talksport on 13:39 - Jun 19 by PhilTWTD | From what was said this morning I wouldn't say that's far off, certainly the next few days. Not 100 per cent but pretty sure it will be Gary O'Neil. |
What a truly uninspiring appointment. |  | |  |
| Talksport on 15:44 - Jun 19 with 2539 views | WeWereZombies |
| Talksport on 14:44 - Jun 19 by BABLUE | That’s what’s delayed the announcement I believe. |
That, and the time it takes to change your middle name by deed poll. |  |
|  |
| Talksport on 15:54 - Jun 19 with 2433 views | N2_Blue |
| Talksport on 14:59 - Jun 19 by N2_Blue | I'm sure Phil is not a betting man, but if he's very sure, O'Neil is still 5/4 behind Solksjaer fave at 10/11 |
Maybe Phil had a nibble. GON into 4/7 now |  |
|  |
| Talksport (n/t) on 17:10 - Jun 19 with 2033 views | itfc2021 |
| Talksport on 13:44 - Jun 19 by Superblue95 | That’s disappointing to hear |
[Post edited 22 Jun 20:49]
|  | |  |
| Talksport on 17:21 - Jun 19 with 1908 views | IPSWICH1078 | A broken watch is more reliable than Talksport! |  | |  |
| |