Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rod Liddle dead at 66 14:30 - Aug 3 with 13953 viewsbartyg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/art

My lawyers have advised me not to pass comment.

FREE ISRAEL FROM THE IDF

2
Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 14:31 - Aug 3 with 6522 viewsbluelagos

I have similar lawyers

Poll: Your preference for new Towen manager (Bookies favourites)
Blog: Time's Up Mark

0
Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 14:37 - Aug 3 with 6448 viewsSwansea_Blue

"he challenged conventional thinking and left an indelible mark on British journalism."


That’s one way to look at it. I’m trying to work out if she’s damning him with faint praise there?

Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

0
Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 14:41 - Aug 3 with 6390 viewsDubtractor

I shall also not pass comment.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: Are we gonna win tomorrow then?

0
Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 14:46 - Aug 3 with 6327 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 14:37 - Aug 3 by Swansea_Blue

"he challenged conventional thinking and left an indelible mark on British journalism."


That’s one way to look at it. I’m trying to work out if she’s damning him with faint praise there?


I'm surprised the BBC made no mention of him being a former employee of theirs, his membership of the Labour party and his column for the Guardian.

Antisemites and Jew haters will be put on ignore.
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

1
Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 14:48 - Aug 3 with 6292 viewsSwansea_Blue

Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 14:46 - Aug 3 by GlasgowBlue

I'm surprised the BBC made no mention of him being a former employee of theirs, his membership of the Labour party and his column for the Guardian.


I can’t say I am. They’re a bit slapdash these days.

Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

0
Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 15:00 - Aug 3 with 6207 viewsflykickingbybgunn

I am sorry for the news as I would be for anybody.
What ever his views and whether you agreed with him or not at least he always said what he thought and did not feel the need to go with the herd or group thinkers.
1
Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 15:03 - Aug 3 with 6169 viewsbartyg

Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 14:46 - Aug 3 by GlasgowBlue

I'm surprised the BBC made no mention of him being a former employee of theirs, his membership of the Labour party and his column for the Guardian.


I'm sure it will be updated in due course. I think you're a bit out of date on your facts though, his bigotry found a home on the right.

FREE ISRAEL FROM THE IDF

1
Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 15:07 - Aug 3 with 6101 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 15:03 - Aug 3 by bartyg

I'm sure it will be updated in due course. I think you're a bit out of date on your facts though, his bigotry found a home on the right.


Yes the beeb covered his work for right wing media organisations but for some reason omitted his time at their own organisation, the Guardian and his membership of the Labour party. I'm sure it was an oversight and the article will be updated.

Anyway, it's sad for his family.
[Post edited 3 Aug 15:08]

Antisemites and Jew haters will be put on ignore.
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

0
Login to get fewer ads

Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 15:08 - Aug 3 with 6084 viewsLinners

I've waited a while to not comment on this incident.
0
Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 15:09 - Aug 3 with 6075 viewsmistert

Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 15:07 - Aug 3 by GlasgowBlue

Yes the beeb covered his work for right wing media organisations but for some reason omitted his time at their own organisation, the Guardian and his membership of the Labour party. I'm sure it was an oversight and the article will be updated.

Anyway, it's sad for his family.
[Post edited 3 Aug 15:08]


Am I about to be whooshed because it mentions he worked for the BBC.
0
Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 15:12 - Aug 3 with 6038 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 15:09 - Aug 3 by mistert

Am I about to be whooshed because it mentions he worked for the BBC.


iEither I've made a tit of myself or the article has been updated. Probably the former.

Antisemites and Jew haters will be put on ignore.
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

1
Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 15:14 - Aug 3 with 6021 viewsMattinLondon

My lawyers must be rubbish because they’ve advised me that it’s perfectly ok to say that he had become an utter t**t.
1
Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 15:14 - Aug 3 with 6013 viewsSwansea_Blue

Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 15:09 - Aug 3 by mistert

Am I about to be whooshed because it mentions he worked for the BBC.


It’s being fleshed out in real time. They’re starting to mention his racism now as well, so presumably his support for paedophilia will be next. Although obviously he was ‘just asking questions’.

Anyway, sad for his family I’m sure.

Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

3
Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 15:23 - Aug 3 with 5911 viewsbluelagos

Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 15:00 - Aug 3 by flykickingbybgunn

I am sorry for the news as I would be for anybody.
What ever his views and whether you agreed with him or not at least he always said what he thought and did not feel the need to go with the herd or group thinkers.


Very true

https://www.theguardian.com/so

Poll: Your preference for new Towen manager (Bookies favourites)
Blog: Time's Up Mark

0
Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 15:31 - Aug 3 with 5805 viewsleitrimblue

Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 15:23 - Aug 3 by bluelagos

Very true

https://www.theguardian.com/so


Holy feck, what a scumbag
4
Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 15:34 - Aug 3 with 5775 viewsBigalhunter

My esteemed law firm Sh*ts ,Giggles & Lols LLP have advised a similarly understated approach…

Thoughts and prayers to those mourning the loss.

Sometimes I giggle about the frothing lunatic who’s put me on ignore and now has to constantly log out to see what I’ve said. Beneath that counterfeit persona lurks the same pitifully desperate egomaniac.
Poll: September 2025. Which one?

0
Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 15:37 - Aug 3 with 5747 viewsbluelagos

Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 15:31 - Aug 3 by leitrimblue

Holy feck, what a scumbag


I only posted a link to one of his articles.

Poll: Your preference for new Towen manager (Bookies favourites)
Blog: Time's Up Mark

8
Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 15:48 - Aug 3 with 5659 viewshoppy

In the third paragraph, is that a typo, where they've spelt 'stain' wrongly?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

0
Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 15:51 - Aug 3 with 5629 viewsvapour_trail

Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 15:23 - Aug 3 by bluelagos

Very true

https://www.theguardian.com/so


He repeatedly ignored requests for a conversation on the impact of these articles from the NSPCC who he repeatedly attacked in print.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

1
Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 16:00 - Aug 3 with 5564 viewsCastroSito

Stewart Lee will be out with his chisel and hammer soon to add the fitting epitaph.
1
Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 16:13 - Aug 3 with 5479 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 15:23 - Aug 3 by bluelagos

Very true

https://www.theguardian.com/so


Good grief.

Antisemites and Jew haters will be put on ignore.
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

0
Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 16:42 - Aug 3 with 5335 viewsIllinoisblue

Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 15:23 - Aug 3 by bluelagos

Very true

https://www.theguardian.com/so


Incredible how that wasn’t career-ending.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

1
Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 17:08 - Aug 3 with 5224 viewsMullet

Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 16:42 - Aug 3 by Illinoisblue

Incredible how that wasn’t career-ending.


He's got form for lusting after underage girls....What is it with right wing......?

https://spectator.com/article/

Poll: Which itfc kit do you usually buy
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

0
Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 17:14 - Aug 3 with 5197 viewsBlueBadger

Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 15:51 - Aug 3 by vapour_trail

He repeatedly ignored requests for a conversation on the impact of these articles from the NSPCC who he repeatedly attacked in print.


Amazing how much the 'protect women and children' crowd object to people who want to protect women and children.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: How did you do the England game?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

4
Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 18:30 - Aug 3 with 4971 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rod Liddle dead at 66 on 17:08 - Aug 3 by Mullet

He's got form for lusting after underage girls....What is it with right wing......?

https://spectator.com/article/


If you read up on the history of the Paedophile Information Exchange (P.I.E.), their affiliation to the organisation now known as Liberty and the writings of Peter Tatchell who wrote that not all sex involving children was “unwanted, abusive or harmful.”, then you will realise that the right don't hold a monopoly on these sor of vile views and behaviour.

Antisemites and Jew haters will be put on ignore.
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026