Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. 18:19 - Sep 28 with 2432 viewsMattinLondon

Despite being in my mid-forties I’ve yet to truly embrace the middle age crisis. So with this in mind I’m turning to the TWTD hive mind to determine what sort of middle age crisis I should be having.

An affair with a much younger woman - kind of a time honoured middle age crisis but one I think I could embrace.
Pros - firm tits.
Cons - I think I’d probably find much younger people to be too annoying.
An affair will be a tad costly as well as time consuming.
The wife may get a bit upset.

Buying a sports car.
Pros - I’m sure some younger women find sports cars to be sexy.
Cons - sports car owners look like knobs and degenerates.
Can’t get a lot in the boot when it comes to the supermarket shop.
Can’t really take kids to their afterschool clubs especially if it’s my turn to take their mates as well.

Learn to sketching
Pros - I’m actually not bad at sketching and I enjoy it.
Cheaper than a sports car and younger women.
Cons - will spending too much time on this actually constitute a middle age crisis. And is it too boring?

Become less liberal and embrace middle age rage.
Pros - seems to me popular and a lot of other middle age men seem to have embraced it.
Cons - I’m not bald. Is this a requirement?
I don’t like hitting women at party conferences. Is this also a requirement?


Anyway above are a few of my thoughts which I’ve had concerning having a middle age crisis. Can anyone think of anything else which isn’t too time consuming as I like watching telly.

Thanks in advance.

0
I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 18:37 - Sep 28 with 1780 viewsvapour_trail

I started running marathons for mine, although I’ve not down that for a while now.

Pros: you genuinely get in great shape which may help your appeal to younger women should you decide to have more than one crisis. Less expensive than sports cars and fit younger women.

Cons: very time consuming to keep on top of the training. And you’ll need to put a lot of weight back on if you do go down the middle age rate route.

Enjoy, whatever you decide.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

0
I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 18:45 - Sep 28 with 1737 viewsbelgablue

Had a lunch with a friend on Friday and he's passed his motorbike test and bought a bike in the last 12 months.

Pros: excellent fun and more useful in city traffic.
Cons: can be dangerous, cold.

I'm still thinking mine through too so hopefully some helpful advice in this thread

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

0
I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 18:46 - Sep 28 with 1735 viewsbluester

I did the sports car in my late 20s/early 30s and came to the conclusion back then that i looked like a twit in a convertible.

Having ruined that avenue early i find myself in the same boat as you.

Become a coffee bore? Or is that a sub life crisis thing?

Edit: pros: it's nice to drink nice coffee.
cons: people avoid you at parties.
[Post edited 28 Sep 18:47]
0
I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 18:49 - Sep 28 with 1702 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

At 50 I did my motorbike basic training last week, it was rather good fun.

I had never ridden before but by the end of the day I was flying around Newmarket changing gears without a care in the world.

Now I’m ordering a new 125cc as a bit of fun on Sunday mornings. Have no regrets,
0
I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 18:54 - Sep 28 with 1681 viewsBlueandTruesince82

You know the only answer is to become a lycra clad weekend road warrior

Poll: Where will Town finish the season?

2
I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 18:56 - Sep 28 with 1665 viewsgiant_stow

Mine was / is playing football in the Essex Over 45s Senior League. Im now nearly 52, so its going on a bit.

Embrace your age and enjoy the fact you're still with us, with bags of experience look back on.
















(Thats what i tell myself, at least)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

0
I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 19:01 - Sep 28 with 1623 viewsBlue_Heath

I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 18:46 - Sep 28 by bluester

I did the sports car in my late 20s/early 30s and came to the conclusion back then that i looked like a twit in a convertible.

Having ruined that avenue early i find myself in the same boat as you.

Become a coffee bore? Or is that a sub life crisis thing?

Edit: pros: it's nice to drink nice coffee.
cons: people avoid you at parties.
[Post edited 28 Sep 18:47]


Me too re sports car and decided I couldn't afford the petrol back then once I was commuting never mind what it cost now.

Poll: How many team changes tonight?

0
I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 19:07 - Sep 28 with 1606 viewsWeWereZombies

Start wearing a replica football shirt
Pros - no further expenses after the initial rip-off
Cons - see sports car ownership
Unless you really work on your fitness all the top will do is enhance your beer belly
Your kids will disown you no matter how much they support Town

Take up golf
Pros - lots of fresh air and exercise
Cons - see sports car ownership
You will meet women of your own age and the only man any of them will be interested in will be the Club professional
Unless you can afford a caddy you will develop curvature of the spine

Get a campervan
Pros - a sense of indepenence
Cons - you will use the thing once a year and manage to find somewhere that gets rain, hail and gale force winds for two weeks, plus see sports car ownership
All the people who thought you were heading into a mid-life crisis will be scratching their heads and exclaiming 'blimey, he's gone very late stage'
Your kids will ask why you spent the money set aside for their first cars on that thing

Go on a cruise
Pros - you can indulge in absolute gluttony plus everyone around will be doing the same so no one will think you look like a knob and a degenerate if even you do
Cons - The all inclusive deal doesn't include any of the things you really want to do
Your boat will dock at the most exotic and interesting ports but you will feel so blown out and insecure that you never venture outside of the square mile of tourist traps
Your kids will ask why you spent the money set aside for their first cars on that thing

Poll: To make him more acceptable what should Gary O'Neill change his middle name to ?

0
Login to get fewer ads

I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 19:15 - Sep 28 with 1581 viewsMattinLondon

I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 18:54 - Sep 28 by BlueandTruesince82

You know the only answer is to become a lycra clad weekend road warrior


I’m incredibly well endowed with massive balls so I’m conscious of the Lycra over emphasising this part of my body.







* this may or may be true.
0
I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 19:17 - Sep 28 with 1572 viewsstrikalite

I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 18:46 - Sep 28 by bluester

I did the sports car in my late 20s/early 30s and came to the conclusion back then that i looked like a twit in a convertible.

Having ruined that avenue early i find myself in the same boat as you.

Become a coffee bore? Or is that a sub life crisis thing?

Edit: pros: it's nice to drink nice coffee.
cons: people avoid you at parties.
[Post edited 28 Sep 18:47]


But when you're 50 you don't give a flying fcuk what people think as opposed to in your 20's/30's...
1
I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 19:34 - Sep 28 with 1514 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 19:15 - Sep 28 by MattinLondon

I’m incredibly well endowed with massive balls so I’m conscious of the Lycra over emphasising this part of my body.







* this may or may be true.


You can get saddles with holes in that you could dangle them through. Just don’t brake sharply!

Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

1
I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 19:36 - Sep 28 with 1504 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 19:15 - Sep 28 by MattinLondon

I’m incredibly well endowed with massive balls so I’m conscious of the Lycra over emphasising this part of my body.







* this may or may be true.


The perfect get up for meeting a younger woman

Poll: Where will Town finish the season?

0
I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 19:47 - Sep 28 with 1485 viewsGodzilla

As you suggest, becoming less Liberal might help you avoid a mid life crisis as you will feel less inclined to complain about the state of everything. Bonus being you will feel less stressed and you wont lose any hair on your napper.
0
I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 20:04 - Sep 28 with 1443 viewsRocky

You're only about 20 years too young for walking football, so get some practice in now.
0
I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 20:05 - Sep 28 with 1437 viewsWheres_Burns

Rent a sports car to attract young women and angrily sketch their firm tits?
4
I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 20:21 - Sep 28 with 1405 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Quit your job then move to a yurt in a remote part of the world in order to "find yourself" then return and boringly blog about your experiences

Poll: As we are indulging in pointless quesions. If my aunt had balls would she be ...

1
I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 20:27 - Sep 28 with 1384 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 20:21 - Sep 28 by You_Bloo_Right

Quit your job then move to a yurt in a remote part of the world in order to "find yourself" then return and boringly blog about your experiences


I was about to suggest going off grid. Or sell everything to buy a farm to grow organic somethingorothers, set up social media channels to become a farming influencer and then go broke in about 4 months.

Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

1
I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 20:29 - Sep 28 with 1377 viewsMattinLondon

I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 20:27 - Sep 28 by Swansea_Blue

I was about to suggest going off grid. Or sell everything to buy a farm to grow organic somethingorothers, set up social media channels to become a farming influencer and then go broke in about 4 months.


Not a big fan of organic stuff. Stuff with chemicals on them tend to taste better.
0
I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 20:33 - Sep 28 with 1364 viewsStNeotsBlue

Nothing wrong with having a skinhead. If anything I'm getting more left wing as I get older.

Mid life crisis in my circle of friends seems to be mainly be something the women are getting up to, all the blokes can't be arsed with the drama and are just happy to go to the pub.
0
I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 21:05 - Sep 28 with 1264 viewsMullet

Sounds like you’re having a renaissance

Poll: Which itfc kit do you usually buy
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

0
I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 21:12 - Sep 28 with 1228 viewsbluelagos

Tattoo? Piercing?

Poll: Your preference for new Towen manager (Bookies favourites)
Blog: Time's Up Mark

0
I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 21:15 - Sep 28 with 1212 viewsWeWereZombies

I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 21:12 - Sep 28 by bluelagos

Tattoo? Piercing?


Butt lift ?

Could work well with BlueandTruesince82's Lycra suggestion.

Poll: To make him more acceptable what should Gary O'Neill change his middle name to ?

0
I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 21:17 - Sep 28 with 1206 viewsBelsteadCav

Lego

King of the board since 98
Poll: Which way do you swing?

0
I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 21:51 - Sep 28 with 1118 viewsmellowblue

Try and avoid the affair, too problematic if the lady gets too needy.

I have always had sports cars since my black Porsche 924 with gold pinstripe down the middle that consumed more oil than it did petrol when I was 18 in 1980. So not a middle age novelty for me. I guess I have always been a degenerate knob.

Sketching does not satisfy the rebellious wish to return to your youth that a mid-life crisis is supposed to be about.

4 is a no no, because that is an acceptance that you are old and grumpy and beyond redemption.

Just buy an expensive watch or shave all the body hair. Or get a health check and find yourself on the health-kick that follows. That has happened to most middle aged guys I know.
0
I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 21:58 - Sep 28 with 1095 viewsgreyhound

I’m thinking of having a middle age crisis. on 19:07 - Sep 28 by WeWereZombies

Start wearing a replica football shirt
Pros - no further expenses after the initial rip-off
Cons - see sports car ownership
Unless you really work on your fitness all the top will do is enhance your beer belly
Your kids will disown you no matter how much they support Town

Take up golf
Pros - lots of fresh air and exercise
Cons - see sports car ownership
You will meet women of your own age and the only man any of them will be interested in will be the Club professional
Unless you can afford a caddy you will develop curvature of the spine

Get a campervan
Pros - a sense of indepenence
Cons - you will use the thing once a year and manage to find somewhere that gets rain, hail and gale force winds for two weeks, plus see sports car ownership
All the people who thought you were heading into a mid-life crisis will be scratching their heads and exclaiming 'blimey, he's gone very late stage'
Your kids will ask why you spent the money set aside for their first cars on that thing

Go on a cruise
Pros - you can indulge in absolute gluttony plus everyone around will be doing the same so no one will think you look like a knob and a degenerate if even you do
Cons - The all inclusive deal doesn't include any of the things you really want to do
Your boat will dock at the most exotic and interesting ports but you will feel so blown out and insecure that you never venture outside of the square mile of tourist traps
Your kids will ask why you spent the money set aside for their first cars on that thing


3 years ago I went on a cruise as a bit of a post COVID desperate for proper holiday thing...I've now been on 10. Good way to see the world, you can be as adventurous as you like, and they are perfect for an ADHD brain as everything is constantly changing, suits my need to flirt from one thing to another perfectly, and if I don't like what's in front of me, there's plenty more somewhere else.

Never thought it was my mid life crisis but come to think of it maybe it is, I have 2 more booked for the near future...
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026