Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Michael Wynn Jones 18:23 - Sep 28 with 4091 viewsMullet

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/art

I'm sure we can set aside our differences with our Norfolk friends to send our condolences.

Poll: Which itfc kit do you usually buy
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

73
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 18:29 - Sep 28 with 3518 viewsDeano69

Sincere condolences.

Regardless of rivalries.

Poll: Best Tin of Chocolates

3
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 18:31 - Sep 28 with 3505 viewsChurchman

Absolutely.

He died in St Elizabeth’s in Ipswich where my dad passed away. I know they’ll have looked after him well.

RIP
8
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 18:38 - Sep 28 with 3422 viewsDubtractor

100% we should set aside differences. It's a rivalry, not anything more serious than that.

RIP.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: Are we gonna win tomorrow then?

6
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 18:50 - Sep 28 with 3274 viewsfootball

Didnt meant to downvote sorry
0
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 18:52 - Sep 28 with 3261 viewsflykickingbybgunn

Sorry to hear it.
A true football club supporter.
Even if he did chose the wrong club.
3
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 18:52 - Sep 28 with 3253 viewsgainsboroughblue

RIP indeed. A good man who put a lot into the club.

Thoughts with Delia too.

Rivalry yes, but we are the same when all is done. I can recall a lot of class from NCFC fans when SBR passed.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

9
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 19:19 - Sep 28 with 3059 viewsLevelTheLand

RIP
1
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 19:26 - Sep 28 with 2997 viewsDeliasMashedPotato

RIP Michael. Cant knock the commitment to the club and dedication to football in general.

To be fair, him and Delia did bloody well with them.
4
Login to get fewer ads

RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 19:51 - Sep 28 with 2827 views_CliveBaker_

RIP.

Rivalries aside he was a great servant to Norwich city, and one of the last of a breed really in terms of football ownership. Can’t help but admire a local who devotes so much to, and takes the reins of ‘their’ club.

Condolences to his family & friends.
11
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 20:11 - Sep 28 with 2699 viewsSE1blue

RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 19:26 - Sep 28 by DeliasMashedPotato

RIP Michael. Cant knock the commitment to the club and dedication to football in general.

To be fair, him and Delia did bloody well with them.


Sad news for the family and for local football.

He and Delia did well to be involved front and centre for as long as they did in a world of increasingly commercially owned football.

I did smile at the recent nod to Delia in Ted Lasso and think about how much her and Michael put themselves into the club.

RIP Michael.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

2
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 20:19 - Sep 28 with 2634 viewsLancsBlue

Perhaps the greatest respect that we could show to him would be to stop the hideous Delia chants.

Poll: If you watch Town less often than in the past, what is the main reason?

30
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 20:42 - Sep 28 with 2506 viewswilhirecup

RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 20:19 - Sep 28 by LancsBlue

Perhaps the greatest respect that we could show to him would be to stop the hideous Delia chants.


will be much missed in the football world
0
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 20:44 - Sep 28 with 2486 viewsNutkins_Return

RIP - very sad news.

Condolences to his family and all the Norwich fanbase.

Poll: Who do we think McKenna (not you) will partner Greaves with ?

1
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 20:46 - Sep 28 with 2471 viewsMillsey

Rest in peace Mr Jones
1
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 21:06 - Sep 28 with 2334 viewsBluespeed225

RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 20:19 - Sep 28 by LancsBlue

Perhaps the greatest respect that we could show to him would be to stop the hideous Delia chants.


This. I’m of an age to feel totally embarrassed when I hear that chant start up.
7
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 22:27 - Sep 28 with 1919 viewsTheBoyBlue

For me the rivalry is pantomime. I know plenty of Norwich fans who are good people and for all that I wish us to thrash them every time we meet I can recognise there are more similarities than differences between us. Both local clubs serving not just a town or city but a county and far better for the people of Norfolk to be supporting Norwich rather than Man City, Liverpool or Arsenal. He was a tremendous servant to them and put so.much into them with Delia. I admire him for that. RIP
[Post edited 29 Sep 19:18]

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

9
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 22:44 - Sep 28 with 1857 viewsbsw72

It’s very sad, as well as what they did for our friends up the road, she’s lost her husband of 55 years, I can’t begin to imagine what that loss feels like.
1
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 23:06 - Sep 28 with 1779 viewsJ2BLUE

RIP
0
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 23:19 - Sep 28 with 1759 viewsGuthrum

Indeed. I note from his Wiki entry that he was attending Norwich games from about the age of 12, so effectively a lifelong fan.
[Post edited 28 Sep 23:22]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

1
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 03:02 - Sep 29 with 1571 viewscharlie1

The days of the local, long-term supporting owner are dwindling fast.
Nobody can argue that he and Delia gave so much of themselves to Norwich City for no other reason than love of the club, the county, and the people within.

He deserves nothing but praise and fond remembrance.

His son Ken was a tidy player too.
4
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 05:28 - Sep 29 with 1462 viewsfranz_tyson

Always seemed a good egg.

RIP Michael
1
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 07:17 - Sep 29 with 1304 viewsFreddy

RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 03:02 - Sep 29 by charlie1

The days of the local, long-term supporting owner are dwindling fast.
Nobody can argue that he and Delia gave so much of themselves to Norwich City for no other reason than love of the club, the county, and the people within.

He deserves nothing but praise and fond remembrance.

His son Ken was a tidy player too.


According to the records Michael & Delia didnt have any children so no idea where you got Ken from

Rest in peace Michael
0
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 07:31 - Sep 29 with 1266 viewsBluemike31

Very sad news, RIP MWJ and condolences to his family at this sad time.
0
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 07:34 - Sep 29 with 1254 viewsNthQldITFC

RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 22:27 - Sep 28 by TheBoyBlue

For me the rivalry is pantomime. I know plenty of Norwich fans who are good people and for all that I wish us to thrash them every time we meet I can recognise there are more similarities than differences between us. Both local clubs serving not just a town or city but a county and far better for the people of Norfolk to be supporting Norwich rather than Man City, Liverpool or Arsenal. He was a tremendous servant to them and put so.much into them with Delia. I admire him for that. RIP
[Post edited 29 Sep 19:18]


Yes, it's pantomime.

Even if I'm one of the ones that likes to boo and hiss the loudest, I still recognise it for the pantomime it is.

Norfolk is a lovely county, Norwich is a lovely city (as cities go), and there are similarities between the clubs in fanbase and region; we've always been what they could have been had they made better decisions or had more luck over the years.

Don't know much about this fella, but what Delia and he tried to do at Norwich with being self-funded (I assume more out of necessity than choice) was admirable, if ultimately doomed.

If the arse fell out of the football industry it would be people like them, local enthusiasts and benefactors, who would hold the game together for the game's sake. And that might be a preferable situation to what we have now for many of us.

Good work by Philogene...... GREAT WORK BY PHILOGENE!!!
Poll: How would you feel about a UK Identity Card?

7
RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 08:11 - Sep 29 with 1154 viewsMullet

RIP Michael Wynn Jones on 20:19 - Sep 28 by LancsBlue

Perhaps the greatest respect that we could show to him would be to stop the hideous Delia chants.


No decent fans sings it now anyway, that’s the main issue. It’s long overdue isn’t it?

Poll: Which itfc kit do you usually buy
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026