Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Queues 14:49 - Oct 10 with 5719 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Really bad queues in SAR . Please sort it Mr Ashton
[Post edited 10 Oct 14:52]

Poll: would you rather

2
Queues on 14:54 - Oct 10 with 3268 viewsCheltenham_Blue

No queue if people didn’t leave it til the last minute to enter the ground.

Poll: If we were to spend £200m would you rather

4
Queues on 14:58 - Oct 10 with 3253 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Queues on 14:54 - Oct 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

No queue if people didn’t leave it til the last minute to enter the ground.


No, this isn’t normal. Digital tickets meaning lots are not able to show their ticket, and not enough security staff

Poll: would you rather

0
Queues on 15:56 - Oct 10 with 3076 viewsSuffolkPunchFC

What time did you arrive. I was 60s at the security check, and straight through the turnstile. All flowing well.
2
Queues on 16:00 - Oct 10 with 3041 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We arrived about 20 before kick off and it did seem worse than before. Was expecting it to be better by now. Just made it for a wee and kick off

Trust the process. Trust Phil.
Blog: Between The Lines 2, The Irreverent PREM Poetry Of ITFC - Match 5 - “The Fat Of The Land”

0
Queues on 16:02 - Oct 10 with 3035 viewsSitfcB

Queues on 14:58 - Oct 10 by LegendofthePhoenix

No, this isn’t normal. Digital tickets meaning lots are not able to show their ticket, and not enough security staff


Digital tickets should speed things up really.

But we live in Suffolk.

COYB
Poll: Should we block polls for one day?
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

9
Queues on 18:25 - Oct 10 with 2913 viewsSarge

Terrible once again in the West stand. Absolute disaster of a redesign. It’s a good job things are going well on the pitch because I now want to spend as little time inside Portman Road as possible.
0
Queues on 18:44 - Oct 10 with 2810 viewsbackwaywhen

Queues on 18:25 - Oct 10 by Sarge

Terrible once again in the West stand. Absolute disaster of a redesign. It’s a good job things are going well on the pitch because I now want to spend as little time inside Portman Road as possible.


In with perfection at 2-20 , get there earlier !
0
Queues on 18:47 - Oct 10 with 2790 viewsSwansea_Blue

Queues on 16:02 - Oct 10 by SitfcB

Digital tickets should speed things up really.

But we live in Suffolk.


Oi darn’t loik elerktickery buh

Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

2
Login to get fewer ads

Queues on 18:53 - Oct 10 with 2758 viewslazyblue

SAR 2.20pm walked straight in , it was clear . When you have 30,000 people going to a match get to ground in good time.
2
Queues on 18:57 - Oct 10 with 2729 viewsDubtractor

We actually got in way quicker than usual today, in SBR upper.

Got there at 2:20 to make sure we weren't cutting it too fine, and walked straight in, queue of about 4 people.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: Are we gonna win tomorrow then?

1
Queues on 19:02 - Oct 10 with 2699 viewsLibero

Queues on 16:02 - Oct 10 by SitfcB

Digital tickets should speed things up really.

But we live in Suffolk.


Evidently, it doesn’t though.
0
Queues on 19:02 - Oct 10 with 2703 viewsSarge

Queues on 18:44 - Oct 10 by backwaywhen

In with perfection at 2-20 , get there earlier !


I got there at 14:10 and aside from 2 mins at the bar spent 40 mins queueing for both the fanzone entry and the turnstiles before making it to my seat at 14:50. How much earlier do I need to be?
7
Queues on 19:03 - Oct 10 with 2691 viewsLibero

Queues on 14:54 - Oct 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

No queue if people didn’t leave it til the last minute to enter the ground.


I’m not sure blaming it all on supporters is warranted - there’s clearly some issues with how they’re doing this.
1
Queues on 19:06 - Oct 10 with 2669 viewsSarge

Queues on 19:03 - Oct 10 by Libero

I’m not sure blaming it all on supporters is warranted - there’s clearly some issues with how they’re doing this.


I do love being told what I’m doing wrong by people who either aren’t in the same stand or aren’t at the game at all. Obviously that’s the problem, not the crappy design and lack of analysis the club did to arrive at it.
3
Queues on 19:07 - Oct 10 with 2655 viewsLibero

Queues on 19:02 - Oct 10 by Sarge

I got there at 14:10 and aside from 2 mins at the bar spent 40 mins queueing for both the fanzone entry and the turnstiles before making it to my seat at 14:50. How much earlier do I need to be?


Illustrates the issue perfectly - you arrived in good time, yet still experienced a ridiculous time queuing.
1
Queues on 19:18 - Oct 10 with 2600 viewsBackToRussia

Queues on 18:25 - Oct 10 by Sarge

Terrible once again in the West stand. Absolute disaster of a redesign. It’s a good job things are going well on the pitch because I now want to spend as little time inside Portman Road as possible.


Why the f*** is anyone downvoting this? It's clearly not good enough. It is ok to criticise the club when they aren't doing their bit properly. Jesus, you can see why feudalism endured in Suffolk.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

9
Queues on 19:28 - Oct 10 with 2540 viewsLibero

Queues on 19:18 - Oct 10 by BackToRussia

Why the f*** is anyone downvoting this? It's clearly not good enough. It is ok to criticise the club when they aren't doing their bit properly. Jesus, you can see why feudalism endured in Suffolk.


Modest Mark pushed it all back into supporters before it even happened, telling us we need to get there early - well, people are arriving early- and yet…
0
Queues on 19:29 - Oct 10 with 2539 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Queues on 18:44 - Oct 10 by backwaywhen

In with perfection at 2-20 , get there earlier !


I can’t help but hate this logic.

I don’t really drink at home games (unless it’s a big game then maybe) but do like to get the cheapest train. If there’s no power sockets available, I’ll charge my phone at the station. I used to be able to do this til 2:30, grab a hot dog and still be in the ground by 2:50. Now I have to get to the ground for 2:30 or risk missing kickoff. That cannot be right.

Imagine someone has a cinema ticket for 7pm and they’re told it’s their fault for missing the start of the film because they didn’t get in at half 6. There’s clearly an issue with number of turnstiles etc as well as the very OTT security who are incredibly slow. That ain’t helping speed the process. One person per line isn’t a speedy process.

Poll: Ashton Out? Yes or no

6
Queues on 19:33 - Oct 10 with 2504 viewsRonFearonsHair

Queues on 18:53 - Oct 10 by lazyblue

SAR 2.20pm walked straight in , it was clear . When you have 30,000 people going to a match get to ground in good time.


Interesting. I arrived just before 2.20 and it took a good 10 minutes or so. Though the queue next to ours was moving more quickly as the bloke didn't seem to have his magic beepy wand switched on and wasn't asking anyone to turn around.
0
Queues on 19:33 - Oct 10 with 2500 viewsmellowblue

Slightly better in West Stand compared to earlier matches. Won't be much fun queuing outside if it chucks it down or gets sub-zero though.
1
Queues on 19:37 - Oct 10 with 2480 viewsSuffolktractor

Queues on 19:29 - Oct 10 by The_Romford_Blue

I can’t help but hate this logic.

I don’t really drink at home games (unless it’s a big game then maybe) but do like to get the cheapest train. If there’s no power sockets available, I’ll charge my phone at the station. I used to be able to do this til 2:30, grab a hot dog and still be in the ground by 2:50. Now I have to get to the ground for 2:30 or risk missing kickoff. That cannot be right.

Imagine someone has a cinema ticket for 7pm and they’re told it’s their fault for missing the start of the film because they didn’t get in at half 6. There’s clearly an issue with number of turnstiles etc as well as the very OTT security who are incredibly slow. That ain’t helping speed the process. One person per line isn’t a speedy process.


I agree, it is the security staff not the new fangled entry system that is the problem. They are so slow and there is not enough of them. An old boy I front of me in his seventies had to empty each pocket and then turn around to have his back scanned as well. Is that really necessary?
4
Queues on 19:39 - Oct 10 with 2460 viewsITFC_Forever

Got to the Fanzone at 1.40, virtually walked straight in.

Got caught chatting to someone hadn’t seen for a while and was later than I meant to leaving the Fanzone, and got in the SBRL queue at 2.40… was just behind Dolly, and only got to my seat with a minute to spare by the time I’d had a wee.

We’ve been getting to the turnstiles at the same time for years, and it’s only since the security checks have come in that it’s been a problem.
I don’t think the digitisation of the tickets is a major issue, it’s the security checks. But I presume that’s now something the club have to do…. But the queue was so big by 2.50, the stewards had to move the tables and just let people straight to the turnstiles.

P 1205, W 530, D 308, L 367, F 1828, A 1484 92 / 92
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

0
Queues on 19:40 - Oct 10 with 2441 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Was cutting the lawn at 2:55, stopped by at the fridge 2:58, all seated by kick off, running around the garden shouting at about 4:48. Just perfect.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: What you watching.

0
Queues on 19:47 - Oct 10 with 2367 viewsswede

Queues on 18:44 - Oct 10 by backwaywhen

In with perfection at 2-20 , get there earlier !


I'm not sure how you managed that as we got to the west stand entrance at 2.25 and only got to our seats at 2.55. Chaotic queueing and people still having no idea how to scan their tickets.
0
Queues on 20:22 - Oct 10 with 2261 viewsDarkBrandon

Queues on 18:25 - Oct 10 by Sarge

Terrible once again in the West stand. Absolute disaster of a redesign. It’s a good job things are going well on the pitch because I now want to spend as little time inside Portman Road as possible.


Really? We finished our beers at the tent at 2:30 and were in our seats in the West Stand 10 minutes later. The queue moved pretty smoothly.
1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026