Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
so what were the plus points of this season? 17:56 - May 9 with 5286 viewsIllinoisblue

we didn't lose to Norwich
we beat the champions at home
got to see Lawrence develop on his journey to being a premier league squad player

erm,,, anything else?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

so what were the plus points of this season? on 17:58 - May 9 with 3464 viewsElderGrizzly

Neither Benters or Taximan set foot inside of Portman Road? :)
so what were the plus points of this season? on 17:59 - May 9 with 3456 viewsMattinLondon

I'm really struggling to think of anything positive. I know both Kenlock and Emmanuel seem to be developing into good players.
so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:00 - May 9 with 3450 viewsReuser_is_God

A lot more people realised that our biggest problem is Marcus Evans.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:01 - May 9 with 3444 viewsBenters

so what were the plus points of this season? on 17:58 - May 9 by ElderGrizzly

Neither Benters or Taximan set foot inside of Portman Road? :)

Indeed i only saw town lose once this season .

Did i really miss a lot with my 'vote with my feet protest' ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:01 - May 9 with 3445 viewsGlasgowBlue

The bird with the big tits and the tattoos in the Black Horse.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:02 - May 9 with 3448 viewsMullet

I'd say it's slim pickings however:

Grant Ward will be a much better player next season. This year really was him cutting his teeth with the rest of his career set up at his first proper club/first team role.

Watching some of Lawrence's worldies was fun

Webster - I think he might be the kind of player that gets other fans talking

Dozzell and Kenlock, with the addition of Benyu there's some good coming out of the academy. It's no longer Bishop as a one off or the debates over Smith and Hyam.

We now see what the owner's approach truly brings. There has to be change, it might not be for the best, but he can no longer hide behind Mick. The spine of the best team we've had in a decade is all but dismantled if we sell Bart so we have to regenerate it.

I had a really good dinner before the game at Hillsborough with Snr. The mash and gravy were fooking belting then Lawrence announced himself.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:03 - May 9 with 3431 viewstaximan

so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:01 - May 9 by Benters

Indeed i only saw town lose once this season .

Did i really miss a lot with my 'vote with my feet protest' ?

poor old town
so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:04 - May 9 with 3431 viewsclive_baker

1) Bialkowski developing into one of the best keepers in the league. This time last year some would've had you believe Gerken was as capable.

2) Kenlock progressing into the first team. Lots more to do from his perspective but it's encouraging.

As good as Lawrence has been, and he has made a great contribution, I'm not sure it's much of a plus to develop a player that'll likely never play for us again. I know needs must over the past 6 months but it's not of much value moving forwards. I also wont allow myself to consider 2 draws against the budgies as something to smile about. It probably is in all honesty, but I'm not happy to admit we've fallen that far.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:05 - May 9 with 3418 viewsBenters

so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:01 - May 9 by GlasgowBlue

The bird with the big tits and the tattoos in the Black Horse.

I forgot about her,that northern cow made her cover them over the last time i was in there .

Gentlybentley

so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:08 - May 9 with 3386 viewsGlasgowBlue

so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:05 - May 9 by Benters

I forgot about her,that northern cow made her cover them over the last time i was in there .

She's always a good reason to stand at the bar.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:10 - May 9 with 3376 viewsMullet

so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:04 - May 9 by clive_baker

1) Bialkowski developing into one of the best keepers in the league. This time last year some would've had you believe Gerken was as capable.

2) Kenlock progressing into the first team. Lots more to do from his perspective but it's encouraging.

As good as Lawrence has been, and he has made a great contribution, I'm not sure it's much of a plus to develop a player that'll likely never play for us again. I know needs must over the past 6 months but it's not of much value moving forwards. I also wont allow myself to consider 2 draws against the budgies as something to smile about. It probably is in all honesty, but I'm not happy to admit we've fallen that far.

In fairness I'm still pissed off we should have beaten them in the FPR game. I'm not sure it's something anyone is seriously calling a triumph though.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:11 - May 9 with 3371 viewsvilanovablue

Webster, Ward and Bialkowski. Not going down when we had no cash.

Everyone needs to calm down and reflect on the situation we find ourselves in...

Those who feel Evans needs to put his hand in his pocket should reflect on the amount he has spent keeping us afloat. I appreciate the poor managerial appointments haven't helped!
so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:11 - May 9 with 3364 viewstextbackup

It's finished

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:11 - May 9 with 3353 viewsBenters

so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:08 - May 9 by GlasgowBlue

She's always a good reason to stand at the bar.

Indeed i like a big strong woman .

Gentlybentley

so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:13 - May 9 with 3344 viewstaximan

so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:11 - May 9 by vilanovablue

Everyone needs to calm down and reflect on the situation we find ourselves in...

Those who feel Evans needs to put his hand in his pocket should reflect on the amount he has spent keeping us afloat. I appreciate the poor managerial appointments haven't helped!

yawn

your level of acceptance is astonishingly low
so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:16 - May 9 with 3332 viewsBenters

so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:11 - May 9 by vilanovablue

Good evening Ian !

Gentlybentley

so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:32 - May 9 with 3264 viewsRegencyBlue

so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:11 - May 9 by textbackup

It's finished

This!
so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:50 - May 9 with 3200 viewstextbackup

so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:32 - May 9 by RegencyBlue

This!

I can't take a positive out of finishing 16th and watching the worse football I've seen in my time supporting the club.

People saying Lawrence is a positive.... yeah for Leicester

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:52 - May 9 with 3192 viewsSWGF

Webster
Ward to a certain extent
The fact that my non -ITFC mates saw us at our atrocious best on national TV and now know what I have to go through

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

so what were the plus points of this season? on 19:09 - May 9 with 3148 viewsstickymockwell

so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:11 - May 9 by Benters

Indeed i like a big strong woman .

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

so what were the plus points of this season? on 19:45 - May 9 with 3077 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Getting banned from next season.

Poll: Best Football Song

so what were the plus points of this season? on 19:54 - May 9 with 3041 viewsSuperfrans

Great goals from TommyL.

Ward's hat-trick in his first game got us off to a great start too. Nice win, four goals, lovely sunny day, as I recall. Felt really optimistic after that.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

so what were the plus points of this season? on 19:56 - May 9 with 3034 viewsSuperfrans

so what were the plus points of this season? on 18:50 - May 9 by textbackup

I can't take a positive out of finishing 16th and watching the worse football I've seen in my time supporting the club.

People saying Lawrence is a positive.... yeah for Leicester

You enjoyed nothing? Nothing at all?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

so what were the plus points of this season? on 20:10 - May 9 with 2973 viewsSteve_M

The development of Webster, Kenlock and Emmanuel.

Tom Lawrence picking up form and confidence from October through to that great spell of Dec-Feb.

Bits of McGoldrick reminding us why, despite the injures, he's still a class act.

Easter weekend.

Knudsen celebrating both his goals as enthusiastically as any fan.

Norwich being hardly any better than us despite their parachute payments.

Derby (again).

Sol Bamba.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

All the games in February were the highlight! on 20:16 - May 9 with 2958 viewsunstableblue

Bizzarely there was only one win in those 5 games. But Reading, Villa (who were rallying), Brighton, Leeds, Norwich were tough opposition.

That and the Newcastle game provided a glimpse, a reminder, of what good football played by Ipswich can look like. Not the long ball dross of the recent 18months.

Of note we took the game to the oppositions in most of those games, bar two. We played Emmanul or Spence at right back. Kenlock emerged and took left wing back and Jonas was given a position he felt comfortable in. Skuse missed 2.5 of those games. Ward emerged and showed potential.

Tactics, desire, selection and system then got lost again and we slid back into those poor habits, and hapless launching of the ball with no movement.
[Post edited 9 May 2017 20:18]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024