Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People saying we are not stronger from last season 21:57 - Jun 27 with 7178 viewsBluefish

Defence

Emmanuel and kenlock are now proper 1st team. Knudsen is settled in and possibly a cb. Webster is fit and chambo is cb with Spence settled in. Smith is back fit

Midfield

Bish when fit is different class to anyone else. Nydam and dozzell are a year older and closer to 1st team. Hyam is possible as a real backup to skuse. Rowe looks a possible diamond and ward is a year closer to being more reliable. Celina fills the exciting loanee role. Huws is still improving and was only on loan

Forwards

Freddie is back as a striker, didz is showing signs of being fit and garner is a proper number 9

Last year was horrible for injuries and many of the players were only here part of the season or too young

We just need to keep Bart as well

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 22:04 - Jun 27 with 6577 viewsJohnny_Boy

Strong squad versus weak tactics.
People saying we are not stronger from last season on 22:05 - Jun 27 with 6579 viewsSwansea_Blue

And they may well be right.

Garner has to be an improvement, granted.

But otherwise, Celina replaces our top scorer and assist provider but remains an unknown quantity. And then it's as we were, except we've lost one of our main centre halves and our depth in midfield.

Long way to go yet before we are stronger on paper imo.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 22:30 - Jun 27 with 6492 viewsRegencyBlue

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 22:05 - Jun 27 by Swansea_Blue

But otherwise, Celina replaces our top scorer and assist provider but remains an unknown quantity. And then it's as we were, except we've lost one of our main centre halves and our depth in midfield.

I'd go with that assessment.

We have made a good start to recruitment early on but there is still a way to go before we look significantly stronger than last season.

It also needs to be seen that the signings made so far are not being financed by the future sale of Bart, for example.
People saying we are not stronger from last season on 01:03 - Jun 28 with 6311 viewsSuperTommySmith

This is way too optimistic so I'm gonna throw a different angle on it cos BOO HUMBUG, although I do like/prefer yours.

Emmanuel wasn't great last season and we were forced to play Chambers at RB until he was required at CB. Emmanuel still wasn't good enough so we brought in Spence who we already had on trial once, not signing him, and was released from a league one club

Knudsen appears to have regressed this season at LB whilst I agree Kenlock appears to have made considerable strides and looks very promising. Knudsen has looked decent at CB but only seems to play there when we play a trio of CB's.

Back to Spence, we had him on trial and didn't sign him the first time. Due to our injuries at CB requiring Chambo to move back there we signed Spence. He looked decent, but in a struggling side which only confirmed we were staying up with a few games to go. On top of that he was potentially playing out of his skin to get himself a contract for next year. Now he has one will he slack? Time will tell.

Bishop when fit this season has looked a shadow of his former self. Probably not fully match fit, but then that's because he is constantly injured. I hope Hyam is a squad player as if he wasn't one of our own I'm curious how many other clubs at this level would want him. Also become rather injury prone over the last couple of seasons.

Freddie went very long stretches of time without a goal and only had 7 the whole season. Confidence looked shot as MM kept playing him out wide. 4 of those 7 did come in April so hopefully he continues that instead of 3 goals from August to March.

We did have a hell of a lot of injuries last year which felt unlucky, so you hope we will won't be hit so hard. However some of the players do appears to be a bit injury prone, so with players like that it is unlikely we will have the clean bill of health we hope for throughout the season.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 1:03]
People saying we are not stronger from last season on 06:05 - Jun 28 with 6203 viewstextbackup

Isn't JE off to league 1 on loan?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 06:59 - Jun 28 with 6100 viewsITFC_Forever

Emmanuel not in Mick's plans (or he wouldn't be prepared to let him go out on loan), Bishop is a million miles away from his form of 2014-15 (and needs to find that form quick) and Sears will get punted out to the wing again.

Same old crap. Mick has a massive job to do to get the fans back on-side.

I think most will be prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt at the start of the season, but if nothing improves, he'll be back under pressure again.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 07:32 - Jun 28 with 6031 viewsitfcjoe

Haven't you said this for the last 2 seasons?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 07:37 - Jun 28 with 5997 viewsBenters

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 06:59 - Jun 28 by ITFC_Forever

Emmanuel not in Mick's plans (or he wouldn't be prepared to let him go out on loan), Bishop is a million miles away from his form of 2014-15 (and needs to find that form quick) and Sears will get punted out to the wing again.

Same old crap. Mick has a massive job to do to get the fans back on-side.

I think most will be prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt at the start of the season, but if nothing improves, he'll be back under pressure again.

This with a bit of ..

He is here until 2018,with the Brucie Bonus being he may sign a extended contract for a couple more seasons,if we are really lucky.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Login to get fewer ads

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 07:51 - Jun 28 with 5958 viewsBluefish

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 07:32 - Jun 28 by itfcjoe

Haven't you said this for the last 2 seasons?

Yep partly because it is true and partly becausebthatbisbwhat being a football fan should be about. We had a terrible time with injuries in the past 2 seasons, it might happen again but it might not.

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 08:00 - Jun 28 with 5938 viewsbournemouthblue

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 22:05 - Jun 27 by Swansea_Blue

Still work to be done, I'd like to see Pitman move on and another striker coming in but that's probably wishful thinking

What's Tom Adeyemi like, would he be an alternative to Diagouraga?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 08:11 - Jun 28 with 5914 viewsmuccletonjoe

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 08:00 - Jun 28 by bournemouthblue

Still work to be done, I'd like to see Pitman move on and another striker coming in but that's probably wishful thinking

What's Tom Adeyemi like, would he be an alternative to Diagouraga?

Adeyemi would be big improvement on douglas , Coke etc. A very decnt championship midfielder.
People saying we are not stronger from last season on 08:19 - Jun 28 with 5887 viewsBluebell

To my mind we have the players, we just need Mick to use them.

For several games near the end of last season it was madness to have Pitman on the bench yet insist on playing Moore. Also playing Douglas when there were other mid-fielders who were far more mobile and fitter. Consistantly playing Chambers at right back was also a bad mistake until Spence was brought in.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 12:03]
People saying we are not stronger from last season on 08:37 - Jun 28 with 5839 viewsHerbivore

It's possible for a squad, especially a young squad and a squad that has had bad luck with injuries, to be in better shape without the need to bring in numerous new players. Whilst we need 2 or 3 more new faces and to shift a couple out, I think we're starting to shape up quite nicely.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 08:40 - Jun 28 with 5833 viewsitfcjoe

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 07:51 - Jun 28 by Bluefish

Yep partly because it is true and partly becausebthatbisbwhat being a football fan should be about. We had a terrible time with injuries in the past 2 seasons, it might happen again but it might not.

But it looks at us in isolation and not the rest of the league who also have young players getting older, and are improving by way of signings.

I also do think we are at the stage of needing to question the medicine/fitness department at ITFC because we seem to have so many injuries that their could well bet be an underlying cause

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 08:41 - Jun 28 with 5825 viewshype313

Josh is going on loan to League One.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 08:42 - Jun 28 with 5820 viewsBluefish

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 08:41 - Jun 28 by hype313

Josh is going on loan to League One.

That makes us stronger as well. He is not 1st choice so he can come back with more experience if and when we need him
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 8:45]

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 08:43 - Jun 28 with 5817 viewsKeaneish

Have to hand it to you, you do make me laugh. Whatever it is you use, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Tramodol, Tamezepam...i'll have some.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 08:44 - Jun 28 with 5811 viewssundaze

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 08:19 - Jun 28 by Bluebell

For several games near the end of last season it was madness to have Pitman on the bench yet insist on playing Moore. Also playing Douglas when there were other mid-fielders who were far more mobile and fitter. Consistantly playing Chambers at right back was also a bad mistake until Spence was brought in.

That sums it up perfectly for me. Last season we started with a goal fest in our first game, however MMs love of a point away from home soon changed our mind-set and we became a dour defensive team for most of the season. Some people blame injuries, most teams have injuries through a season, it is how you manage the players that you have to work with that matters. Burton done as well as us last season, I can't believe they had a stronger squad.
People saying we are not stronger from last season on 08:44 - Jun 28 with 5813 viewsBluefish

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 08:40 - Jun 28 by itfcjoe

But it looks at us in isolation and not the rest of the league who also have young players getting older, and are improving by way of signings.

I also do think we are at the stage of needing to question the medicine/fitness department at ITFC because we seem to have so many injuries that their could well bet be an underlying cause

The best clubs in the world still get injuries. It is mainly bad luck

I am only interested in us. I want us to be a good team

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 08:45 - Jun 28 with 5804 viewsNorthern_Blue81

The issue is where are the goals going to come from?

Garner has never scored more than 7 goals in a season in his career at Championship level so we are going to to need to find a player that can put the ball in the back of the net regularly to push for promotion.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 8:47]
People saying we are not stronger from last season on 08:45 - Jun 28 with 5801 viewshype313

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 08:42 - Jun 28 by Bluefish

That makes us stronger as well. He is not 1st choice so he can come back with more experience if and when we need him
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 8:45]

You said in your OP that he was proper first team.

Regardless, I'm loving your positivity!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 09:01 - Jun 28 with 5753 viewsBenters

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 08:19 - Jun 28 by Bluebell

Crikey if a Grandma can see it why cant MM?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 09:02 - Jun 28 with 5757 viewsitfcjoe

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 08:44 - Jun 28 by Bluefish

The best clubs in the world still get injuries. It is mainly bad luck

I am only interested in us. I want us to be a good team

Might as well get rid of sports science Totally then if it's just bad luck - definitely nothing we could to do improve it.

Everyone here wants us to be a good team, but are fate is dertermined directly by our rivals - unless you are the biggest spenders that will always be the case.

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 09:38 - Jun 28 with 5699 viewsBluefish

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 09:02 - Jun 28 by itfcjoe

Might as well get rid of sports science Totally then if it's just bad luck - definitely nothing we could to do improve it.

Everyone here wants us to be a good team, but are fate is dertermined directly by our rivals - unless you are the biggest spenders that will always be the case.

It is mainly bad luck sports science was brought in the reduce the bad luck.

People saying we are not stronger from last season on 09:41 - Jun 28 with 5694 viewsBasuco

A fit Bish is probably the player we missed most last season, or someone like him anyway, a midfielder who can play a decent forward pass, you could put who you like up front but with no supply they will struggle to score goals. In short a creative midfielder. Another point to consider is how many teams will also be stronger, so we have to progress as well just to stand still in the league. I am also very positive at the start of every season and am really looking forward to catching a few friendlies and the start of the new season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024