Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy 21:36 - Nov 6 with 10658 viewsnodge_blue

When all the midfield are back. Huws, adeyemi, bishop. All really good players. When they are in the team....we may be half decent. With less reason to bypass midfield.

We are 7th without them. We can only be stronger?

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 21:44 - Nov 6 with 8191 viewsBasuco

and they are all the advanced midfielder who would add quality with potential to open up a defence, something we have badly missed for much of this season.
There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 21:44 - Nov 6 with 8194 viewskizaitfc

There is also an argument that we should judge Mick on his overall style of play and attitude towards the fans.

To be fair though I agree however, I made the point the other day that when you look at the number of midfielders we have had play in the middle, I cant think of when we consistently used them and did not simply go long.

Therefore the blame is either laid on Micks doorstep or the defence, I think its both, when you hear Micks comments regarding Celina at losing the ball in areas it make me wonder whether Mick has the safety first approach and thats what the defence pay out

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 21:45 - Nov 6 with 8191 viewsDarth_Koont

Hopefully we can be stronger. But bit of an "on paper" argument until it happens. And knowing us we'll probably start drawing a lot of games instead.

But at least we can give him credit for currently putting a side together that can get points without anything like a first-choice midfield.

Pronouns: He/Him

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 21:51 - Nov 6 with 8169 viewsnodge_blue

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 21:44 - Nov 6 by kizaitfc

There is also an argument that we should judge Mick on his overall style of play and attitude towards the fans.

To be fair though I agree however, I made the point the other day that when you look at the number of midfielders we have had play in the middle, I cant think of when we consistently used them and did not simply go long.

Therefore the blame is either laid on Micks doorstep or the defence, I think its both, when you hear Micks comments regarding Celina at losing the ball in areas it make me wonder whether Mick has the safety first approach and thats what the defence pay out

It seems inevitable that micks style will be to move the ball quickly forward. And reasonably direct. But you see Leicester do that and do it with a bit of style. Midfielders that can move it quickly and run with it will help. It's not inconceivable that we could see better performances if they return and are on form. Look how much better our defence was with webster back on form.

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 22:04 - Nov 6 with 8135 viewsCurrie10

8th ;)

People have already written us off. However, Bishop appears to be permanently injured so not going to even think of him for the season. If he comes back, great.

Adeyemi appears made of glass so far.

However, Huws when back I think should make a major difference to our play.

Only issue I can see with Huws, is will Mick REALLY keep the front 4, with Huws, and Skuse as the only water carrier!? Be interesting as to how Huws fits in but it appears the front 4 MUST all play!
There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 22:51 - Nov 6 with 8069 viewsfactual_blue

People on here judge MM if they decide he says 'good morning' in way they don't really like.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 23:49 - Nov 6 with 7996 viewsGarv

Probably.

But fans will, at the end of the day, be just as stubborn as our manager is, and some have decided they don't like him and never will. If they did a complete turnaround on that view they would be described as fickle.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 23:53 - Nov 6 with 7982 viewsfergalsharkey

Bishop 😂😂😂

Poll: Cook out?

Login to get fewer ads

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 06:07 - Nov 7 with 7884 viewsSchmoke

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 21:44 - Nov 6 by kizaitfc

Why on earth should a manager be judged on his attitude towards the fans?

Who cares. He's only addressing the moronic few with his comments, and those few make it abundantly clear who they are.... So thanks you lot for making it easier to spot you.
There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 07:51 - Nov 7 with 7799 viewsnodge_blue

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 23:53 - Nov 6 by fergalsharkey

Bishop 😂😂😂

well clearly he has alot to prove after a long time out. But we shouldnt write off young players who have had a dip in form due to injury and loss of confidence. Look at the Villa lad we let go under Keane. Bishop can still be a good player.

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 07:55 - Nov 7 with 7788 viewsOsborneOneNil

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 22:04 - Nov 6 by Currie10

8th ;)

People have already written us off. However, Bishop appears to be permanently injured so not going to even think of him for the season. If he comes back, great.

Adeyemi appears made of glass so far.

However, Huws when back I think should make a major difference to our play.

Only issue I can see with Huws, is will Mick REALLY keep the front 4, with Huws, and Skuse as the only water carrier!? Be interesting as to how Huws fits in but it appears the front 4 MUST all play!

Huws and Adeyemi to play, drop Skuse.
There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 22:35 - Nov 7 with 7632 viewsCurrie10

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 07:55 - Nov 7 by OsborneOneNil

Huws and Adeyemi to play, drop Skuse.

That clear as day isn't going to happen.

With the fab 4 upfront all needing to start + Skuse, I think Huws has a major issue fitting into the jigsaw personally.....

What was he like defensively last season?
There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 22:41 - Nov 7 with 7622 viewsStNeotsBlue

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 06:07 - Nov 7 by Schmoke

Why on earth should a manager be judged on his attitude towards the fans?

Who cares. He's only addressing the moronic few with his comments, and those few make it abundantly clear who they are.... So thanks you lot for making it easier to spot you.

I'm not convinced that is the case, his comments are general and come across as encompassing all. I always get the impression with MMc that Sunderland and Wolves were his loves, we're more of a marriage of convenience.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 23:05]
There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 23:25 - Nov 7 with 7548 viewsDarth_Koont

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 22:41 - Nov 7 by StNeotsBlue

I'm not convinced that is the case, his comments are general and come across as encompassing all. I always get the impression with MMc that Sunderland and Wolves were his loves, we're more of a marriage of convenience.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 23:05]

And Barnsley and Millwall and the Republic of Ireland ...

To me, he seems to attach himself to the club and the job. If that means he considers some fans and their views to be poisonous and anti the club he now represents then so be it.

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 23:40 - Nov 7 with 7527 viewsStNeotsBlue

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 23:25 - Nov 7 by Darth_Koont

And Barnsley and Millwall and the Republic of Ireland ...

To me, he seems to attach himself to the club and the job. If that means he considers some fans and their views to be poisonous and anti the club he now represents then so be it.

I'm not massively pro or anti MMc I just want us to win every week as I'm selfish and an Ipswich fan, but I've never got the vibe from his statements that we're a big deal for him and he has any real feeling for the club. Which is a shame.
There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 01:06 - Nov 8 with 7490 viewsDarth_Koont

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 23:40 - Nov 7 by StNeotsBlue

I'm not massively pro or anti MMc I just want us to win every week as I'm selfish and an Ipswich fan, but I've never got the vibe from his statements that we're a big deal for him and he has any real feeling for the club. Which is a shame.

How did he talk differently about Wolves or Sunderland when he was there? I haven't a clue.

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 07:52 - Nov 8 with 7400 viewshowdonblue

WHAT ABOUT LAST SEASON WHEN WE WERE SXXT AS WELL!!!

he should be judged for the whole picture mate
There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 07:59 - Nov 8 with 7395 viewshampstead_blue

I think he can be judged on the poor goals we concede.

The midfield is, on paper, very exciting, but the defence has had many years of coaching.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 08:20 - Nov 8 with 7382 viewsitfcjoe

If we can keep the squad fit throughout the season, there is no reason why we shouldn't stay towards the upper end of the division.

Mick needs to find (Or stumble upon?) a way of playing that fits the squad best though. I think he wants to get Skuse, Huws and Adeyemi in there but not quite sure how that will work. Be a nice problem to have to work out though!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 08:25 - Nov 8 with 7381 viewsKeaneish

He has had 5 years to ge the midfield right but yes, in principle, he does deserve a better appraisal when his signings have had 5 games to gel.

If we play three in the middle, who does everyone think the trio should be? Mine's controversial but then again, everyone knows i'm no fan of Skuse. These three are a bit lightweight at the mo but i'd love to see how they gel together and with one eye on next season: Downes, Bishop and Huws.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 08:29 - Nov 8 with 7373 viewsdickie

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 07:52 - Nov 8 by howdonblue

No need to shout!
There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 08:30 - Nov 8 with 7365 viewsHerbivore

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 08:25 - Nov 8 by Keaneish

He has had 5 years to ge the midfield right but yes, in principle, he does deserve a better appraisal when his signings have had 5 games to gel.

If we play three in the middle, who does everyone think the trio should be? Mine's controversial but then again, everyone knows i'm no fan of Skuse. These three are a bit lightweight at the mo but i'd love to see how they gel together and with one eye on next season: Downes, Bishop and Huws.

Bishop would be nowhere near my starting XI at the moment, he looked pretty terrible in his 15 or so appearances last season and I'd like to see him out on loan to get some football. For me I'd have Skuse, Huws and Adeyemi with plenty of rotating Nydam and Downes into the line up as well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 08:32 - Nov 8 with 7358 viewsHerbivore

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 07:52 - Nov 8 by howdonblue

Cool, so we also go back to him keeping us up in his first season when we were adrift at the bottom and then the finishes in 9th, 6th and 7th. Taking it as a whole then that's three full seasons of overachievement and two part seasons where we've overachieved versus one poor season. Not a bad record that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 08:37 - Nov 8 with 7353 viewsKeaneish

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 08:30 - Nov 8 by Herbivore

Bishop would be nowhere near my starting XI at the moment, he looked pretty terrible in his 15 or so appearances last season and I'd like to see him out on loan to get some football. For me I'd have Skuse, Huws and Adeyemi with plenty of rotating Nydam and Downes into the line up as well.

Yeah, i was thinking of an in form Bishop rather than the current Bishop. I haven't seen anything from Adeyemi yet to say i'm that impressed to warrant a start where as we know what Bishop can/could do. I'm hoping Hyam comes back chomping at the bit and reinvigorated but i can't see this happening.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 08:37 - Nov 8 with 7353 viewsdickie

There is an argument that we should only judge McCarthy on 08:32 - Nov 8 by Herbivore

Cool, so we also go back to him keeping us up in his first season when we were adrift at the bottom and then the finishes in 9th, 6th and 7th. Taking it as a whole then that's three full seasons of overachievement and two part seasons where we've overachieved versus one poor season. Not a bad record that.

Stop talking rational sense you!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024