Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garner vs Moore 10:39 - Jan 1 with 9571 viewsCurrie10

Do any of you feel Moore could push Garner, or potentially even take his spot in the coming months or should Garner be safe in his role?
Garner vs Moore on 10:40 - Jan 1 with 7916 viewsIpswichKnight

No, Moore will be sold in January.
Garner vs Moore on 10:40 - Jan 1 with 7916 viewsTractorCam

Of course not, Garner is one of the most important players in the team.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 10:41]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Garner vs Moore on 10:52 - Jan 1 with 7888 viewsCurrie10

Garner vs Moore on 10:40 - Jan 1 by TractorCam

Of course not, Garner is one of the most important players in the team.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 10:41]

Well given the role Garner has to do / amount of running etc / challenges perhaps Moore will be used as an option to replace him final 10-25 minutes then if impresses he could get a go himself if Garner had an off day?

I don't see Moore being sold until he's had some form of opportunity here and think he'll play minutes at Fulham.....
Garner vs Moore on 11:25 - Jan 1 with 7841 viewsRadlett_blue

Garner vs Moore on 10:52 - Jan 1 by Currie10

Well given the role Garner has to do / amount of running etc / challenges perhaps Moore will be used as an option to replace him final 10-25 minutes then if impresses he could get a go himself if Garner had an off day?

I don't see Moore being sold until he's had some form of opportunity here and think he'll play minutes at Fulham.....

If we are to see what Moore can do here, he needs to start a few games. Unfortunately, he can't play in the FA Cup for Town. Rotherham will be paying peanuts in wages so recalling him makes 100% sense, but will he get game time here, given that striker is about the only position in which we're more than adequately covered. Coming on as an "impact sub" for 20 minutes won't really show what he might do.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Garner vs Moore on 11:33 - Jan 1 with 7825 viewsGuthrum

I don't think he'll supplant Garner, but he may provide an alternative for a change of tactics and/or coming off the bench.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Garner vs Moore on 11:56 - Jan 1 with 7784 viewsBluebell

Of course he can push Garner, he's a lot bigger and heavier.
Garner vs Moore on 11:57 - Jan 1 with 7780 viewsmonty_radio

I don't see how we can know. Doubters re Moore are clearly influenced by the player we saw off the bench last year; others point to how any L1 top-scorer would possibly be on our radar, except for the likely expense. Garner is as limited as his history would suggest, his physicality without poise raising as many questions as it answers. Moore certainly looked worse than Garner back then, but what does he look like now?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Garner vs Moore on 12:40 - Jan 1 with 7726 viewsWD19

Garner vs Moore on 11:56 - Jan 1 by Bluebell

Of course he can push Garner, he's a lot bigger and heavier.

Yeah, but he would only do it once. If he pushed Garner then he would be on the wrong end of a leg breaker within 20 seconds.....even if they were wearing the same kit.
Login to get fewer ads

Garner vs Moore on 13:44 - Jan 1 with 7660 viewshoppy

Garner vs Moore on 10:40 - Jan 1 by IpswichKnight

If he wasn't our player, and we were being linked with a move for one of the top scorers in League One, we would be praising Mick for 'going for it' and bringing in a player with potential to boost our attempt to close in on the top 6... something we failed to do in 2014/15 at this stage of the season...

As we've got him, why bring him back and just sell him. He's obviously improved since we saw a bit of him last season. Let's see what he can do before offloading him.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Garner vs Moore on 13:44 - Jan 1 with 7653 viewschristiand

No. Garner loves a physical battle and puts his body on the line, Moore just isn't like that. He might be 6'5'' but his game is not about being a physical battering ram, he prefers the ball to feet. If Moore does play it will just encourage more hoof ball than we already have!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Garner vs Moore on 13:48 - Jan 1 with 7639 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Garner vs Moore on 13:44 - Jan 1 by christiand

No. Garner loves a physical battle and puts his body on the line, Moore just isn't like that. He might be 6'5'' but his game is not about being a physical battering ram, he prefers the ball to feet. If Moore does play it will just encourage more hoof ball than we already have!

That is the worry and what the Rotherham fans I know have said - he is skilful and not just a big target man.

The op seems to ignore the likelihood that there will be times when Garner will be unavailable for whatever reason. Moore will either be sold or get some opportunity. The question will be whether that opportunity is enough for us to really see whether he has potential at this level this season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Garner vs Moore on 13:58 - Jan 1 with 7613 viewsjas0999

No. Evans will cash in on Moore
Garner vs Moore on 14:05 - Jan 1 with 7601 viewsNazemariner

He must of improved somewhat to have scored his goals this season, but based on what we saw of him in a town short he’s not fit lace Garners boots, let alone nick his place in the team.
Garner vs Moore on 15:26 - Jan 1 with 7527 viewsmonty_radio

I don't follow that. How would playing a player who prefers the ball to feet encourage more hoofing?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Garner vs Moore on 15:27 - Jan 1 with 7524 viewsbournemouthblue

Do they have to compete

If anything he could help take the strain off Garner?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Garner vs Moore on 16:19 - Jan 1 with 7475 viewschristiand

Garner vs Moore on 15:26 - Jan 1 by monty_radio

I don't follow that. How would playing a player who prefers the ball to feet encourage more hoofing?

Moore’s size. The fact Moore is so tall it will just be natural for us to instinctively launch it forwards. The fact we do it already far too much with Garner who is 5’10’’ is dreadful.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Garner vs Moore on 16:30 - Jan 1 with 7459 viewsElderGrizzly

Garner vs Moore on 13:44 - Jan 1 by hoppy

If he wasn't our player, and we were being linked with a move for one of the top scorers in League One, we would be praising Mick for 'going for it' and bringing in a player with potential to boost our attempt to close in on the top 6... something we failed to do in 2014/15 at this stage of the season...

As we've got him, why bring him back and just sell him. He's obviously improved since we saw a bit of him last season. Let's see what he can do before offloading him.

You and your common sense....🙄
Garner vs Moore on 16:32 - Jan 1 with 7459 viewsBrixtonBlue

Garner vs Moore on 10:40 - Jan 1 by IpswichKnight

I don't think so. Moore is a massive lump who has scored shed-loads of goals. He's pretty much Mick's ideal player!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Garner vs Moore on 17:07 - Jan 1 with 7403 viewshoppy

Garner vs Moore on 16:30 - Jan 1 by ElderGrizzly

You and your common sense....🙄

I’ve always been a great believer in “if you’ve got nothing sensible to say, say nothing”...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Garner vs Moore on 17:17 - Jan 1 with 7381 viewsITFC_Forever

Garner vs Moore on 13:44 - Jan 1 by hoppy

I can see the logic, but the trouble is, for once it’s not up front where we have the problem... we have more strikers than Mick knows what to do with, so he just bungs then all on the pitch with no thought or structure as to how to get them playing as a cohesive unit.

The problem is defence (not enough CBs or quality) and midfield (three CMs out for the season, and another three where we have no idea when they will be back, which leaves a player who couldn’t get a shirt number Eric game time over a promising youngster who has done well out on loan this season).

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Garner vs Moore on 15:00 - Jan 2 with 7170 viewsconnorscontract

Garner vs Moore on 17:07 - Jan 1 by hoppy

I’ve always been a great believer in “if you’ve got nothing sensible to say, say nothing”...

I think you've just spelled "If you've got nothing sensible to say, make a pun" wrong.
Garner vs Moore on 16:04 - Jan 2 with 7128 viewsmadmouse1959

............why did McCarthy recruit him in the first place if he has no intention of playing him. ?
It is strange how Rotherham got the best out of him and played to his strengths.
If he is not the striker McCarthy thought he was then stick him in as a centre half.....we won,t be leaking the silly goals from corners and free kicks then !!!!

shampoo dave

Garner vs Moore on 16:05 - Jan 2 with 7127 viewsbenno1uk

Garner is half the size of Moore but still better in the air.
Garner vs Moore on 16:38 - Jan 2 with 7076 viewsbraveblue

No. He is not very good. Had a purple patch. Sell him now.
Garner vs Moore on 16:41 - Jan 2 with 7064 viewsSomethingBlue

I don't, but nor do I really think Garner is the player we need in that role. Somebody able to provide some goal threat would be a start.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024