Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Hyam 00:04 - Mar 7 with 6256 viewsWarkTheWark

Really poor tonight.. Can’t see him getting a new contract on merit. At least he’s one of our own...
[Post edited 7 Mar 2018 0:04]
Luke Hyam on 05:29 - Mar 7 with 6102 viewssotd78

And yet strangely our record is better when he plays. Odd that don’t you think?

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Luke Hyam on 06:08 - Mar 7 with 6074 viewsSE1blue

It's almost like he's been out for a while and needs people to be patient and let him get back to his full potential...

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Luke Hyam on 06:26 - Mar 7 with 6033 viewsbrogansnose

Luke Hyam on 06:08 - Mar 7 by SE1blue

It's almost like he's been out for a while and needs people to be patient and let him get back to his full potential...

I do feel that the problem for Luke is that he's missed so much development time with his injuries and now there is a crop of younger players who are better than him and that's before you take into consideration the midfielders thet Mick has brought in. Can the club afford to give him a contract and is he worth another one ?

It s a shame because I've got a fond spot for the lad because he was one of the decent players , who actually gave a toss, in the PJ era. I think his future lays elsewhere.
Luke Hyam on 07:18 - Mar 7 with 5932 viewsTractorCam

Or he's just not very good?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Luke Hyam on 07:22 - Mar 7 with 5912 viewsBluefish

Luke Hyam on 06:26 - Mar 7 by brogansnose

I do feel that the problem for Luke is that he's missed so much development time with his injuries and now there is a crop of younger players who are better than him and that's before you take into consideration the midfielders thet Mick has brought in. Can the club afford to give him a contract and is he worth another one ?

It s a shame because I've got a fond spot for the lad because he was one of the decent players , who actually gave a toss, in the PJ era. I think his future lays elsewhere.

He did some really good things thay shocked me last night but then he would get the basics wrong 2 or 3 times straight after. He looked like he needs u23 games

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Luke Hyam on 07:24 - Mar 7 with 5909 viewsHarry_Palmer

The problem is we have seen him fully fit in the past and he was always average at best at this level.

If we really want to progress we need better players than Hyam imho.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2018 8:10]
Luke Hyam on 11:01 - Mar 7 with 5679 viewsWarkTheWark

Luke Hyam on 07:24 - Mar 7 by Harry_Palmer

The problem is we have seen him fully fit in the past and he was always average at best at this level.

Exactly - and personally i think that has been the case for four years. We're gonna have a serious player in Downes next year hopefully & with the potential return of Andre, Huws & Bish (perhaps a stretch) - and Nydam also better - do we need him?

IF we were to secure Connolly even on another season loan, his use has completely evaporated.
Luke Hyam on 11:09 - Mar 7 with 5659 viewsKieran_Knows

Thing is, when he's been fit, he has almost always started under Mick, if not always been in the match day squad. Mick obviously feels he has a decent player in Hyam.

IMHO, I don't think he is good enough at all, especially when you think we will hopefully have Adeyemi, Huws and Dozzell all fit for next season, and Nydam and Downes a year older and more experienced for their troubles this season.

I suspect the club will take up the option in his deal and either a) if Mick is still around next season, he will use him. Or b) if a new manager comes in he might give LH pre-season to see if he can use him next season, but probably be sold/loaned out towards the end of the transfer window.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2018 11:43]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Luke Hyam on 11:27 - Mar 7 with 5622 viewsTractorWood

I don't think people's patience with him is the problem.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Luke Hyam on 11:36 - Mar 7 with 5605 viewsWarkTheWark

Luke Hyam on 11:09 - Mar 7 by Kieran_Knows

Thing is, when he's been fit, he has almost always started under Mick, if not always been in the match day squad. Mick obviously feels he has a decent player in Hyam.

IMHO, I don't think he is good enough at all, especially when you think we will hopefully have Adeyemi, Huws and Dozzell all fit for next season, and Nydam and Downes a year older and more experienced for their troubles this season.

I suspect the club will take up the option in his deal and either a) if Mick is still around next season, he will use him. Or b) if a new manager comes in he might give LH pre-season to see if he can use him next season, but probably be sold/loaned out towards the end of the transfer window.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2018 11:43]

It does have Colchester Utd written all over it
Luke Hyam on 12:01 - Mar 7 with 5551 viewsCurrie10

Prefer your honest opinion to your opinion.
Luke Hyam on 12:43 - Mar 7 with 5474 viewspointofblue

And yet Hyam was one of our best players against Cardiff when we had a more balanced midfield of himself, Skuse and Ward. Indeed, Ward put in one of his best games in that three as well and I wouldn't be adverse to see the three of them play together against Sheffield United either.

We do have a lot of options available in midfield but most of them have been out injured this year and we don't know how they're going to return - Huws and Adeyemi especially. We are lacking in terms of right backs, left midfielders and attacking midfielders at the moment... why would we weaken one area where we have sufficient cover by releasing someone who's more than adequate at this level on presumably quite a cheap (relatively speaking) contract.

If he slides back, form wise, then yes questions have to be asked. Maybe a defensive three isn't the best for him but I doubt Skuse and Connolly were at their best yesterday either.

He's not the best midfielder in the league but he's not as bad as many make out either.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Luke Hyam on 13:25 - Mar 7 with 5409 viewsHarry_Palmer

Luke Hyam on 12:01 - Mar 7 by Currie10

Prefer your honest opinion to your opinion.

H = humble, old bean.

Honest goes without saying
Luke Hyam on 13:28 - Mar 7 with 5402 viewsNo9

Is Luke going to become the latest 'marmite'?
Luke Hyam on 13:47 - Mar 7 with 5350 viewsCurrie10

Luke Hyam on 13:25 - Mar 7 by Harry_Palmer

H = humble, old bean.

Honest goes without saying

haha love it!
Luke Hyam on 13:51 - Mar 7 with 5347 viewsitfcjoe

I think the role he played last night where he is expected to push on up the pitch exposes his weaknesses.

Mick is obviously a big fan, and I think he is a good squad option but he can't be in a role where he is expected to use the wall well in the opposition 3rd because it is beyond his capabilities.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Luke Hyam on 14:00 - Mar 7 with 5318 viewsblueislander

Luke Hyam on 12:43 - Mar 7 by pointofblue

And yet Hyam was one of our best players against Cardiff when we had a more balanced midfield of himself, Skuse and Ward. Indeed, Ward put in one of his best games in that three as well and I wouldn't be adverse to see the three of them play together against Sheffield United either.

We do have a lot of options available in midfield but most of them have been out injured this year and we don't know how they're going to return - Huws and Adeyemi especially. We are lacking in terms of right backs, left midfielders and attacking midfielders at the moment... why would we weaken one area where we have sufficient cover by releasing someone who's more than adequate at this level on presumably quite a cheap (relatively speaking) contract.

If he slides back, form wise, then yes questions have to be asked. Maybe a defensive three isn't the best for him but I doubt Skuse and Connolly were at their best yesterday either.

He's not the best midfielder in the league but he's not as bad as many make out either.

"Skuse not at his best" ? Surely he is always 7 out of 10. ? Downes will offer more than Skuse and Hyam added together next year imo.
Luke Hyam on 14:16 - Mar 7 with 5284 viewsPJH

Luke Hyam on 14:00 - Mar 7 by blueislander

"Skuse not at his best" ? Surely he is always 7 out of 10. ? Downes will offer more than Skuse and Hyam added together next year imo.

Actually poster said "I doubt Skuse was at his best" which suggests that the poster was not there.
He was actually his usual 7 out of 10 and provided one of the sparks that belatedly got us going in the first half with a run down our left-most un Skuse like but effective.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2018 14:19]
Luke Hyam on 14:20 - Mar 7 with 5276 viewsunstableblue

Luke Hyam on 13:51 - Mar 7 by itfcjoe

I think the role he played last night where he is expected to push on up the pitch exposes his weaknesses.

Mick is obviously a big fan, and I think he is a good squad option but he can't be in a role where he is expected to use the wall well in the opposition 3rd because it is beyond his capabilities.

Do you remember that Wigan away game some years ago, when Hyam was very good, and he pushed up field really effectively and scored. but was also all over the pitch.

It was a highlight performance for me, not often repeated, but again he has been dogged ny injury

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Luke Hyam on 14:22 - Mar 7 with 5260 viewsReuser_is_God

Luke Hyam on 14:20 - Mar 7 by unstableblue

Do you remember that Wigan away game some years ago, when Hyam was very good, and he pushed up field really effectively and scored. but was also all over the pitch.

It was a highlight performance for me, not often repeated, but again he has been dogged ny injury

Our performance that night is up there with our best under McCarthy.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Luke Hyam on 14:29 - Mar 7 with 5232 viewsOsborneOneNil

100%
Luke Hyam on 14:32 - Mar 7 with 5224 viewsSwansea_Blue

Luke Hyam on 14:22 - Mar 7 by Reuser_is_God

Our performance that night is up there with our best under McCarthy.

Yep, absolutely superb high tempo, high press, quick passing game. What went wrong after that?!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024