Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Columbia have I missed something? 04:15 - Jul 2 with 4471 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

James is out isn't he? Scraped by Senegal, suspect at the back. Won't be easy but everyone just awaits disappointment with England. This team is young and dangerous with some players looking decent. We should be too much for them if we play at a good level. Dangerous game but maybe let's be a little positive for a change.
Columbia have I missed something? on 05:13 - Jul 2 with 3923 viewsBlue_Order

You missed the second ‘O’ and replaced it with a ‘U’.
Columbia have I missed something? on 06:36 - Jul 2 with 3829 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Yep, this

They can be a dangerous side but I don’t think there’s anything to be particularly scared of - especially if James is indeed out. I reckon England will win relatively comfortably

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Columbia have I missed something? on 07:12 - Jul 2 with 3757 viewshomer_123

No, he's not been fully ruled out but if playing would not be 100% fit.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Columbia have I missed something? on 07:27 - Jul 2 with 3731 viewsWD19

Columbia have I missed something? on 07:12 - Jul 2 by homer_123

No, he's not been fully ruled out but if playing would not be 100% fit.

When he emerges from the tunnel tomorrow all he will then do is sit down.
Columbia have I missed something? on 07:32 - Jul 2 with 3724 viewsStokieBlue

Given our historic record, the Iceland debacle and the fact loads of big teams are already out I think a healthy wariness is a good attitude.

Respect the opponents and hope the team performs.

SB
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 9:37]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Columbia have I missed something? on 07:38 - Jul 2 with 3695 viewshomer_123

Columbia have I missed something? on 07:27 - Jul 2 by WD19

I suspect that is correct.

Columbia have I missed something? on 07:40 - Jul 2 with 3687 viewshomer_123

Columbia have I missed something? on 07:32 - Jul 2 by StokieBlue

Given our historic record, the Iceland debacle and the fact loads of big teams are already out I think a healthy wariness is a good attitude.

SB

Colombia are more than a decent side.

This is, however, the best chance we will likely ever have to progress to the final.

Columbia have I missed something? on 07:42 - Jul 2 with 3681 viewsTractorWood

SB

100%. Was at that game in Nice and England were powerless against supposed minnows. If tournaments have taught us anything, it's that we are generally don't show up when the chips are down. All the knockout games have been tight so far, I suspect ours will be no different.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Columbia have I missed something? on 08:02 - Jul 2 with 3591 viewsWD19

Columbia have I missed something? on 07:38 - Jul 2 by homer_123

I suspect that is correct.

Tomorrow I hope it is destiny calling and it is not time to come home.

etc.
Columbia have I missed something? on 08:09 - Jul 2 with 3572 viewsIpswichKnight

They are a good side, they have pace and a good set piece, you can get at this England side with pace and balls behind the full backs especially as England tend to leave space when attacking. They also tend to get better as the game goes on.

However Colombia's centre halves are not experienced and they have looked suspect from set pieces, Japan exposed them a bit by running at them early and catching them a bit cold, England as we have seen like to come at teams early and hunt an early goal knowing that brings teams onto them a bit.

Pressure will be on as the draw is opening up for either team, if we play like we did in qualifying and first two games we should win but as we've seen pressure can do things to teams and anything could happen!
Columbia have I missed something? on 08:15 - Jul 2 with 3538 viewsmaccyd9

The issue is that on paper we have very few players that would get in to most of the better sides.

Kane is obviously one but little else. It depends if we can get the best out of our inconsistent players. Sterling & Ali are crucial. You don't know whether they will give a 1 or 9 out of 10 performance.

If they perform and cause problems we have a real chance, if they don't we'll get tucked up imo.
Columbia have I missed something? on 09:23 - Jul 2 with 3383 viewshammo56

Columbia have I missed something? on 07:42 - Jul 2 by TractorWood

100%. Was at that game in Nice and England were powerless against supposed minnows. If tournaments have taught us anything, it's that we are generally don't show up when the chips are down. All the knockout games have been tight so far, I suspect ours will be no different.

Spot on.
Would not be at all surprised to see us go out. As for all this talk about us reaching the final just can’t see us putting in the 3 consistent performances needed to do so.
Would absolutely love to be proved wrong and be in Moscow on the 15th but tbh don’t see it happening.
Columbia have I missed something? on 09:25 - Jul 2 with 3363 viewsSwansea_Blue

Columbia have I missed something? on 05:13 - Jul 2 by Blue_Order

You missed the second ‘O’ and replaced it with a ‘U’.

Rubbish. And I've got a hat to prove it

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Columbia have I missed something? on 09:27 - Jul 2 with 3352 viewsbrazil1982

This match is our biggest block to the final....
Columbia have I missed something? on 12:38 - Jul 2 with 3141 viewsJimmyJazz

Columbia have I missed something? on 08:09 - Jul 2 by IpswichKnight

They are a good side, they have pace and a good set piece, you can get at this England side with pace and balls behind the full backs especially as England tend to leave space when attacking. They also tend to get better as the game goes on.

However Colombia's centre halves are not experienced and they have looked suspect from set pieces, Japan exposed them a bit by running at them early and catching them a bit cold, England as we have seen like to come at teams early and hunt an early goal knowing that brings teams onto them a bit.

Pressure will be on as the draw is opening up for either team, if we play like we did in qualifying and first two games we should win but as we've seen pressure can do things to teams and anything could happen!

Cuadrado being marked by Ashley Young worries me. Senegal stifled him and got success, our 3 at the back may give them too many chances going forward

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Columbia have I missed something? on 13:49 - Jul 2 with 2962 viewsBlue_Order

Columbia have I missed something? on 09:25 - Jul 2 by Swansea_Blue

Rubbish. And I've got a hat to prove it

This is the only Columbia you need in your life.

Columbia have I missed something? on 13:58 - Jul 2 with 2929 viewsRyorry

I never did see coming 2nd in the group as an "advantage", precisely because of this game, which is as much a potential banana skin as many other games were for the supposedly "big" sides. I hope we take our game to them and attack, attack, attack as the best form of defence - and if we do get an early goal, do not "do a Spain"!!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Columbia have I missed something? on 14:01 - Jul 2 with 2912 viewsbracknell_blue

Columbia have I missed something? on 12:38 - Jul 2 by JimmyJazz

Cuadrado being marked by Ashley Young worries me. Senegal stifled him and got success, our 3 at the back may give them too many chances going forward

Young shouldn't get anywhere near a squad for a friendly, let alone be 1st choice in a WC knockout match. Rose is far better both defensively and going forward, and even Delph would be better at LWB.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Columbia have I missed something? on 14:05 - Jul 2 with 2900 viewsLord_Lucan

Columbia have I missed something? on 14:01 - Jul 2 by bracknell_blue

Young shouldn't get anywhere near a squad for a friendly, let alone be 1st choice in a WC knockout match. Rose is far better both defensively and going forward, and even Delph would be better at LWB.

I agree to an extent.

My main problem is that every time I see Young I also see bird sh1t and it put's me off.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Columbia have I missed something? on 14:05 - Jul 2 with 2898 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Columbia have I missed something? on 07:27 - Jul 2 by WD19

... In Sympathy?
Columbia have I missed something? on 14:25 - Jul 2 with 2838 viewsVaughan8

They have kept more clean sheets this world cup than England...…….

This England team hasn't really been tested yet. This is a good test to see how good they are. Colombia without James are going to be weaker but I don't think he's definitely out.
Columbia have I missed something? on 15:11 - Jul 2 with 2775 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

SB

Oh the English are very good at the rear view mirror stuff. Is that the same game when he started JW who hasn't played a game for Arsenal that year? Same tournament when he had no idea of our actual starting team. Two years is a long time for the younger players progress as well and Roy was clueless back then. Lingard hadn't started a game until Oct 2016. A lot of the spurs kids are better players than they were in France, including Kane.
Columbia have I missed something? on 15:13 - Jul 2 with 2771 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Columbia have I missed something? on 14:01 - Jul 2 by bracknell_blue

That's overly critical but I would start Rose.
Columbia have I missed something? on 15:14 - Jul 2 with 2766 viewsAce_High1

Columbia have I missed something? on 15:13 - Jul 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

That's overly critical but I would start Rose.

Rose provides natural balance being left footed and has the pace.

I do not rate Young, but he has been handy on set pieces.
Columbia have I missed something? on 15:15 - Jul 2 with 2761 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Columbia have I missed something? on 08:15 - Jul 2 by maccyd9

The issue is that on paper we have very few players that would get in to most of the better sides.

Kane is obviously one but little else. It depends if we can get the best out of our inconsistent players. Sterling & Ali are crucial. You don't know whether they will give a 1 or 9 out of 10 performance.

If they perform and cause problems we have a real chance, if they don't we'll get tucked up imo.

Are they the sides that are already watching at home?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024