Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... 12:47 - Nov 1 with 4078 viewsKieran_Knows

... under Lambert?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 12:48 - Nov 1 with 3326 viewswkj

I think Chambers being replaced as captain might be a positive move, especially if he is going to be given more rests going forward. I think that Chambers would still be a great servant for the club and an advocate regardless.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 12:48 - Nov 1 with 3330 viewsReuser_is_God

I think he made a similar quote when Hurst came in.

I can't see a change in captain personally.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 12:49 - Nov 1 with 3310 viewsReuser_is_God

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 12:48 - Nov 1 by wkj

I think Chambers being replaced as captain might be a positive move, especially if he is going to be given more rests going forward. I think that Chambers would still be a great servant for the club and an advocate regardless.

I'm sorry but we're not in a position to rest Chambers.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 12:49 - Nov 1 with 3307 viewsTractorCam

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 12:48 - Nov 1 by Reuser_is_God

I think he made a similar quote when Hurst came in.

I can't see a change in captain personally.

Agree, i widely view Chambers as the best captain in my lifetime and taking that off him would be completely madness.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 12:50 - Nov 1 with 3293 viewsSuperblue95

Unless Lambert has somebody in mind to bring in and serve as captain straight away then I'd be very surprised to see Chambers lose the armband

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 12:51 - Nov 1 with 3260 viewswkj

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 12:49 - Nov 1 by Reuser_is_God

I'm sorry but we're not in a position to rest Chambers.

Hence my going forward statement, perhaps would have been clear if I said long term

Crybaby

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 12:51 - Nov 1 with 3245 viewsPJH

I think that reads like the "if selected" bit that players often put in interviews about upcoming games.

I don't think there are any obvious candidates to replace Chambo anyway.

If he is in the team he is the natural captain I would have thought.
Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 12:52 - Nov 1 with 3236 viewsEireannach_gorm

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 12:48 - Nov 1 by wkj

Who would you have in mind for captain?
Login to get fewer ads

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 12:52 - Nov 1 with 3220 viewsDanTheMan

Sounds like he's been asked if he's still captain and responded diplomatically.

Can't see it changing.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 12:53 - Nov 1 with 3195 viewswkj

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 12:52 - Nov 1 by Eireannach_gorm

Who would you have in mind for captain?

Adeyemi, clearly

Crybaby

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 12:55 - Nov 1 with 3172 viewsJeff_winger

I cant see anyway that Chambers would not be our captain.
He is our best centreback so going to play and one of the best captains weve ever had.

If he has captaincy taken off him it would be a very strange move.
Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 12:55 - Nov 1 with 3154 viewsbritbiker

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 12:50 - Nov 1 by Superblue95

Unless Lambert has somebody in mind to bring in and serve as captain straight away then I'd be very surprised to see Chambers lose the armband

If only we could find another De Vos or Mcauley.
Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 12:56 - Nov 1 with 3140 viewsArnieM

I think we could have an overall Club Captain, and also an on the day Team Captain . It can work , it’s not about “ I’m in charge” it’s about leadership !

Chambo would clearly be the Club Captain and do what he does day in day out. . Lambert needs to find a Team Captain for match days!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 12:58 - Nov 1 with 3113 viewswkj

I agree with Arnie, if not precisely that, at least a strong understudy. If only Waghorn were still here :(

Crybaby

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 13:02 - Nov 1 with 3064 viewsNo9

Listening to PL it is apparent that his intent is to build on youth
Anyone over 30 must be potential for the bench
Although in the shoort term skipper & GK may be excepted
Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 13:04 - Nov 1 with 3036 viewsTractorWood

Think it's just Chambers being professional. He'll be captain on Saturday.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 13:05 - Nov 1 with 3034 viewsSomethingBlue

Nah he's just being modest or whatever. There'll be no change this season. Chambers is one of the best captains in all four divisions and people know it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 13:06 - Nov 1 with 3007 viewsJ2BLUE

Keeping Chambers as captain is an open goal that even Hurst didn't miss.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 13:30 - Nov 1 with 2839 viewsBLUEBEAT

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 12:50 - Nov 1 by Superblue95

Certainly no other leaders in current squad.

If a January signing is given the armband, am sure Chambers will be given the pointless title of ‘Club Captain’.

Poll: W or W

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 13:38 - Nov 1 with 2779 viewsBinner

Chambers will continue as captain because Lambert is not an idiot.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 13:40 - Nov 1 with 2761 viewsSuperfrans

I would be amazed and shocked if Chambers wasn't captain on Saturday. Its exactly the modestly/selflessness which he demonstrates in this kind of quote which makes him a perfect captain too...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 13:49 - Nov 1 with 2710 viewsSitfcB

‘I had a one to one with the new manager’

In that one to one Chambers would’ve been told he was staying on as captain.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 13:56 - Nov 1 with 2639 viewsreusersfreekicks

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 13:40 - Nov 1 by Superfrans

I would be amazed and shocked if Chambers wasn't captain on Saturday. Its exactly the modestly/selflessness which he demonstrates in this kind of quote which makes him a perfect captain too...

I think his off the field influence will have been substantial during the Hurst experiment
Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 14:36 - Nov 1 with 2433 viewsBlueBadger

Congratulations on adding 2 to 2 and getting 78.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 14:39 - Nov 1 with 2418 viewsKieran_Knows

Possibility that Chambers might not remain as captain... on 14:36 - Nov 1 by BlueBadger

Congratulations on adding 2 to 2 and getting 78.

No problem. Now where's my gold star?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024