Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst side you've seen 16:18 - Dec 26 with 6774 viewsGarv

I hate it when people say "this is the worst Town side in living memory" etc

But this is.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Worst side you've seen on 16:21 - Dec 26 with 5333 viewshomer_123

Hurst decimated it and Evans et al allowed him to do it. MM left a decent core of a squad and now we have such an unbalanced squad, bereft of confidence or identity.

To be fair, Lambert has done well and it's hard to lay any blame at his door, he can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Worst side you've seen on 16:28 - Dec 26 with 5293 viewsGarv

Worst side you've seen on 16:21 - Dec 26 by homer_123

Hurst decimated it and Evans et al allowed him to do it. MM left a decent core of a squad and now we have such an unbalanced squad, bereft of confidence or identity.

To be fair, Lambert has done well and it's hard to lay any blame at his door, he can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Mick set us back years in terms of football philosophy and style of play. Listening to Gerken talk about how Lambert has told them how to pass the ball and how much their learning I thought was incredible and depressing. Mick made a squad only he could get anything out of, and he wasn't getting much out of them towards the end.

Then yes, we had the worst summer we've ever had in terms of recruitment. Hurst's inability to spot a player and Evans' penny pinching again doing the damage.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Worst side you've seen on 16:28 - Dec 26 with 5284 viewsgainsboroughblue

The other thing that we will no longer be able to say after today is that 'We're only less than half way through the season'. Sh*t really gets serious.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Worst side you've seen on 16:36 - Dec 26 with 5221 viewsnoggin

It really is. Poor over the whole pitch.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Worst side you've seen on 16:39 - Dec 26 with 5182 viewsFunge

Yep, we are abject.

Worst ITFC side I've ever seen.
Worst side you've seen on 16:42 - Dec 26 with 5161 viewshomer_123

Worst side you've seen on 16:28 - Dec 26 by Garv

Mick set us back years in terms of football philosophy and style of play. Listening to Gerken talk about how Lambert has told them how to pass the ball and how much their learning I thought was incredible and depressing. Mick made a squad only he could get anything out of, and he wasn't getting much out of them towards the end.

Then yes, we had the worst summer we've ever had in terms of recruitment. Hurst's inability to spot a player and Evans' penny pinching again doing the damage.

Didz, Waghorn, Garner, Skuse, Chambers, Webster, Bart and Gerks....you could argue Sears and Huws as well.

Couple that with Dozzell, Downes, Kenlock and Emmanuelle.

That's more than decent at this level, regardless of philosophy....look what Hurst did and no one stopped him. Criminal of him and the Club.

Worst side you've seen on 16:42 - Dec 26 with 5141 viewsBlueBadger

Ironically enough, it's been Mick's players who've been our better performers this season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Worst side you've seen on 16:43 - Dec 26 with 5128 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Incredible that you’re trying to lay the blame at the previous previous managers door still 😂

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Worst side you've seen on 16:44 - Dec 26 with 5110 viewshomer_123

Worst side you've seen on 16:42 - Dec 26 by BlueBadger

Ironically enough, it's been Mick's players who've been our better performers this season.

What's left of them.

Worst side you've seen on 16:46 - Dec 26 with 5088 viewsjas0999

Agreed. 10 years of Evans ownership has finally come to this.

The problem as everyone knows, is for years we have sold our best players and not adequately replaced. Okay, we have had some good loans throughout the years, but every summer we get back to square one, where we sell another decent player.

Ultimately, we’ve ended up with a squad of players who aren’t good enough and hasn’t seen sufficient investment. Loans also very average this year and has not bailed us out.
Worst side you've seen on 16:47 - Dec 26 with 5074 viewsLeagueOne

and those are the regulars, if you add some of the lads that have been dropped and Graham into the mix we're barely a football league standard team.

I blame Marcus Evans. He should have sold the club a few years back instead of leaving in a state of stagnation, he's just cost himself a ton of money, devalued the club and no one's a winner now.

I doubt we'll see the Championship again unless something radical changes. If we drop and we continue to cut the spending we're in serious trouble.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Worst side you've seen on 16:58 - Dec 26 with 5001 viewsMullet

Except by the logic of people like you Hurst totally eviscerated and thus transformed us (until he wasn't getting results for a while) and so has Lambert. All in a season where NONE of Mick's games count and we are not even close to midtable.

It's a tragic cop out, and pathetic excuse to lay this on Mick. For all his faults, and even odd personal preference, the people calling him a paedo, the people slating him week in week out are going to have grow some balls eventually and admit they were utterly wrong about so many things happening on and off the pitch.

Instead we now see people slowly and surely starting to blame Lambert, to mock his press utterances and insinuate he's sh1t and at fault. Even that when we play badly win a la Wigan it isn't good enough.

We need a window, we need some fight and we need more people actually realising Mick was holding the whole thing together and Lambert is sifting through the rubble. He's not even got half the decent players Mick left here and it shows. Hurst managed to damage and demoralise them as well.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Worst side you've seen on 16:58 - Dec 26 with 4991 viewsblueconscience

Worst side you've seen on 16:36 - Dec 26 by noggin

It really is. Poor over the whole pitch.

You get what you pay for

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Worst side you've seen on 17:54 - Dec 26 with 4829 viewsjeera

Worst side you've seen on 16:58 - Dec 26 by blueconscience

You get what you pay for

Except that isn't true is it.

Some of our finest performers recent years have come in for relative pennies.

Whereas PH spent a few million on substandard players.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Worst side you've seen on 17:56 - Dec 26 with 4813 viewsblueconscience

Worst side you've seen on 17:54 - Dec 26 by jeera

There is the odd gem to be found in the rubbish heap, I will give you that.

The amount he spent i: minimal in today’s market, and Evans made him have to generate that cash to spend.

We need to stop looking through the trash hoping to find a gem and start looking at actual gems.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 17:57]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Worst side you've seen on 17:58 - Dec 26 with 4795 viewsjeera

Worst side you've seen on 17:56 - Dec 26 by blueconscience

There is the odd gem to be found in the rubbish heap, I will give you that.

The amount he spent i: minimal in today’s market, and Evans made him have to generate that cash to spend.

We need to stop looking through the trash hoping to find a gem and start looking at actual gems.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 17:57]

Mings, Waghorn?

Name some that Mick wasted millions on for example.

It isn't [just] about money, it's having the right man and his team to find the right personnel.

Any numpty can waste money.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Worst side you've seen on 18:01 - Dec 26 with 4764 viewsblueconscience

Worst side you've seen on 17:58 - Dec 26 by jeera

Mings, Waghorn?

It isn't [just] about money, it's having the right man and his team to find the right personnel.

I am not talking about where he has spent millions, my point is we go for the cheap hoping they are a gem

And my first sentence covers Mings and Waghorn.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 18:02]

Worst side you've seen on 18:01 - Dec 26 with 4761 viewsNWBlue

Worst side you've seen on 17:58 - Dec 26 by jeera

Mings, Waghorn?

What I don't understand is why the Budgies are 33 points ahead of us when none of their players are good enough to get in our team according to some.
Worst side you've seen on 18:41 - Dec 26 with 4618 viewsRegencyBlue

Worst side you've seen on 16:46 - Dec 26 by jas0999

Agreed. 10 years of Evans ownership has finally come to this.

The problem as everyone knows, is for years we have sold our best players and not adequately replaced. Okay, we have had some good loans throughout the years, but every summer we get back to square one, where we sell another decent player.

Ultimately, we’ve ended up with a squad of players who aren’t good enough and hasn’t seen sufficient investment. Loans also very average this year and has not bailed us out.

This is the problem.

Evans hasn’t built anything and has ‘asset stripped’ the squad regularly. For all the ‘his money saves us every year’ propaganda the truth is we have been on a downward spiral for years and his flawed methods of operating have finally caught up with us.
Worst side you've seen on 19:00 - Dec 26 with 4501 viewsTractorWood

Worst side you've seen on 17:54 - Dec 26 by jeera

Players up to the championship cost £5/£10m. Hurst spent peanuts in terms of Championship transfer budgets and we still generated what, £5m net transfer gain in the Summer. Hurst accelerated a downward trajectory and exacerbated the failings in Evans' strategy. It's wrong Hurst was allowed free reign to bring in dross but Evans should have a DoF or a CEO who knows the game. There was literally no one at the club to sense check these decisions.

Blame Hurst if you want but to me it's a bit myopic.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Worst side you've seen on 19:12 - Dec 26 with 4444 viewsVaughan8

Can someone who watched/went, was it as bad/worse than the home game v QPR. We were so bad that day I cannot believe it was worse than that?

7 point gap now (8 really with goal difference). Need another win soon.....

I had a bit of hope when it was 4 points. I think we need to be within 2 wins by the new year. 6 points is still a lot to catch up when you have only won 2 games.....
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 19:15]
Worst side you've seen on 20:34 - Dec 26 with 4256 viewstractorboy1978

Worst side you've seen on 19:12 - Dec 26 by Vaughan8

Can someone who watched/went, was it as bad/worse than the home game v QPR. We were so bad that day I cannot believe it was worse than that?

7 point gap now (8 really with goal difference). Need another win soon.....

I had a bit of hope when it was 4 points. I think we need to be within 2 wins by the new year. 6 points is still a lot to catch up when you have only won 2 games.....
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 19:15]

Honestly, I think our standards are now so low so that we don't really know what constitutes "good". Fundamentally we are a poor outfit and we lack the required quality. QPR barely broke sweat and beat us 3-0, it was far from a decent performance from them and yet it wasn't anywhere near the worst performance I've seen from us this season. Throughly depressing.
Worst side you've seen on 20:36 - Dec 26 with 4247 viewstractorboy1978

Worst side you've seen on 16:58 - Dec 26 by Mullet

Except by the logic of people like you Hurst totally eviscerated and thus transformed us (until he wasn't getting results for a while) and so has Lambert. All in a season where NONE of Mick's games count and we are not even close to midtable.

It's a tragic cop out, and pathetic excuse to lay this on Mick. For all his faults, and even odd personal preference, the people calling him a paedo, the people slating him week in week out are going to have grow some balls eventually and admit they were utterly wrong about so many things happening on and off the pitch.

Instead we now see people slowly and surely starting to blame Lambert, to mock his press utterances and insinuate he's sh1t and at fault. Even that when we play badly win a la Wigan it isn't good enough.

We need a window, we need some fight and we need more people actually realising Mick was holding the whole thing together and Lambert is sifting through the rubble. He's not even got half the decent players Mick left here and it shows. Hurst managed to damage and demoralise them as well.

I really do worry we are heading for absolute oblivion if fans get on Lambert's back. We have to all stick together and if we do go down, Lambert is the best man to bring us back.
Worst side you've seen on 20:40 - Dec 26 with 4227 viewsPecker

And that helps how exactly?
Worst side you've seen on 20:40 - Dec 26 with 4224 viewsMullet

Worst side you've seen on 20:36 - Dec 26 by tractorboy1978

I really do worry we are heading for absolute oblivion if fans get on Lambert's back. We have to all stick together and if we do go down, Lambert is the best man to bring us back.

It'll be the usual minority now I'm sure and if the tide looks to turn, the ones just smart enough to have kept quiet out of embarrassment will pile on. Hopefully they'll be limited to here and social media though rather than turning up and laying into him and the players at a critical time.

The fact we'd ever need "bringing back" at all is shameful.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024