Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? 18:55 - Apr 22 with 5473 viewsfergalsharkey

Was it Evan's first day or Sheepshanks last?
It's a bloody conundrum.conundrum.

Poll: Cook out?

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:00 - Apr 22 with 3871 viewsBlueBadger

Employong Keane, giving him lots of money and then not sacking him at around the same point in the season we sacked Hurst.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:01 - Apr 22 with 3859 viewsTractorWood

Giving bad managers too much time and money. Giving good managers no money.

Not having a proper CEO or chief scout to add rigour to the managers.

Not reinvesting transfer dealings. Cresswell, Murphy, Mings, Waghorn, Webster.

Not looking beyond the UK or Ireland for decent talent.

Taking 20 years to sort pricing out.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2019 19:06]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:07 - Apr 22 with 3824 viewsBLUEBEAT

Appointing Keane.

So not Ipswich.

Downhill ever since, on the pitch and off it.

Lambert wants to bring back pride and excitement and we’re mostly on board with that but there will inevitably be one big stumbling block, Marcus Evans.

Poll: W or W

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:12 - Apr 22 with 3806 viewsbrogansnose

Failing to beat West Ham in that playoff game.
Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:13 - Apr 22 with 3793 viewsParisBlue

Bolton 1-4

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:14 - Apr 22 with 3783 viewsjas0999

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:01 - Apr 22 by TractorWood

Giving bad managers too much time and money. Giving good managers no money.

Not having a proper CEO or chief scout to add rigour to the managers.

Not reinvesting transfer dealings. Cresswell, Murphy, Mings, Waghorn, Webster.

Not looking beyond the UK or Ireland for decent talent.

Taking 20 years to sort pricing out.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2019 19:06]

This.

Jim was actually doing okay, but also spent a fair amount of money.
Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:15 - Apr 22 with 3776 viewsTractorWood

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:14 - Apr 22 by jas0999

This.

Jim was actually doing okay, but also spent a fair amount of money.

I think that's fair.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:17 - Apr 22 with 3763 viewsJETPower

Was it Evan's first day or Sheepshanks last?
It's a bloody conundrum.conundrum.

I try hard not to be one of them, but I'm pretty sure it went wrong about Year 7.
Login to get fewer ads

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:19 - Apr 22 with 3747 viewsfactual_blue

It was when Sir Bobby left.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:24 - Apr 22 with 3720 viewsjontysnut

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:19 - Apr 22 by factual_blue

It was when Sir Bobby left.

The Pioneer
Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:25 - Apr 22 with 3720 viewsMach_foreignBlue

It's so easy. It's years of that charlatan who owns the club. He's fully responsible for the disaster.

1. Not having football people in the board
2. Allowing Magilton to waste loads of money and appointing Keane and Jewell. The latter in particular ruined us enormously and accelerated our decline
3. Underinvestment which followed those above
4. selling Murphy and replacing him with Best which was followed by spending 10k on Kieffer Moore a few months later
5. Not re-investing money from the players' sales.
6. Replacing departing players mostly with freebies, loanees and cheap sicknotes
7. Trying to muddle ON THE CHEAP in the last few years
8. Not trying to keep our best players last summer and Hurst was a final nail in the coffin
[Post edited 22 Apr 2019 19:30]
Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:29 - Apr 22 with 3698 viewsBenters2

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:25 - Apr 22 by Mach_foreignBlue

It's so easy. It's years of that charlatan who owns the club. He's fully responsible for the disaster.

1. Not having football people in the board
2. Allowing Magilton to waste loads of money and appointing Keane and Jewell. The latter in particular ruined us enormously and accelerated our decline
3. Underinvestment which followed those above
4. selling Murphy and replacing him with Best which was followed by spending 10k on Kieffer Moore a few months later
5. Not re-investing money from the players' sales.
6. Replacing departing players mostly with freebies, loanees and cheap sicknotes
7. Trying to muddle ON THE CHEAP in the last few years
8. Not trying to keep our best players last summer and Hurst was a final nail in the coffin
[Post edited 22 Apr 2019 19:30]

I see old sick note Didzy was banging them in for fun again today!
Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:30 - Apr 22 with 3692 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:29 - Apr 22 by Benters2

I see old sick note Didzy was banging them in for fun again today!

Sicknote......

Somehow a picture of good health ever since he's left us.
Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:30 - Apr 22 with 3681 viewsBenters2

Evans.

End of.

Still don’t worry bout a thing ..
Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:34 - Apr 22 with 3680 viewsGirthyguy

We haven't had a good side since that side that narrowly missed out on automatic promotion with Joe Royle. Had we gone up and that team not been ripped apart I do believe we would not be in the sh1thole position we're in now.
Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:36 - Apr 22 with 3662 viewsBenters2

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:30 - Apr 22 by Mach_foreignBlue

Sicknote......

Somehow a picture of good health ever since he's left us.

Yeah but he didn’t like travelling or something..
Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:37 - Apr 22 with 3653 viewsSpruceMoose

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:36 - Apr 22 by Benters2

Yeah but he didn’t like travelling or something..

Seems to be that we as a club failed him, and failed to get the best out of him. Nobody to blame but ourselves. You need to create the conditions for your players to flourish.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:43 - Apr 22 with 3621 viewsDarth_Koont

Whenever it was that we started taking midtable in the Championship for granted.

Pronouns: He/Him

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:49 - Apr 22 with 3596 viewsFtnfwest

Administration and poor recruitment at the top, and I don’t just mean managers.
Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:51 - Apr 22 with 3589 viewsIllinoisblue

As soon as Evans took over.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:52 - Apr 22 with 3579 viewspennblue

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:51 - Apr 22 by Illinoisblue

As soon as Evans took over.

As soon as Evans stopped investing enough to making us competitive. If the owner can't be arsed why should anyone else be.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:57 - Apr 22 with 3571 viewsIllinoisblue

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:52 - Apr 22 by pennblue

As soon as Evans stopped investing enough to making us competitive. If the owner can't be arsed why should anyone else be.

indeed, the rot starts from the top down. I'm intrigued by the appointment of Lee O'Neill and what, if any, difference that will make.

62 - 78 - 81

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 20:04 - Apr 22 with 3541 viewsDubtractor

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 19:57 - Apr 22 by Illinoisblue

indeed, the rot starts from the top down. I'm intrigued by the appointment of Lee O'Neill and what, if any, difference that will make.

I'm intrigued by what experience/skills O'Neill has to fulfil that role.

Not looking to be negative for negative's sake, but I thought he was just an ex player doing jobs in the background at the club, and now he seems to be something resembling our director of football?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 20:07 - Apr 22 with 3524 viewsMullet

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 20:04 - Apr 22 by Dubtractor

Not looking to be negative for negative's sake, but I thought he was just an ex player doing jobs in the background at the club, and now he seems to be something resembling our director of football?

Basically we've let Milne go out to pasture and the downsizing of the club means anyone who wants promotion has essentially just been given other people's work for a fraction of the wage. He's like a boy scout on bob-a-job week.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 20:18 - Apr 22 with 3491 viewsIllinoisblue

Can anyone pinpoint where it all went wrong? on 20:04 - Apr 22 by Dubtractor

I have the same concerns. His LinkedIn page says he's head of Sports Science. So he was that, a former youth player, and now - with no experience at all - is head of football operations. It's quite a leap, isn't it?

62 - 78 - 81

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024