Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it 10:06 - Sep 3 with 4314 viewshomer_123

...well Michael - you had a choice.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49561603

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 10:08 - Sep 3 with 3874 viewsBarneycurley

Yeah what a tool. Keep it to yourself lad. Why did he need to get that revelation of his chest now?

Crazy

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 10:16 - Sep 3 with 3835 viewsDarth_Koont

This video puts Owen in the right perspective. And I agree with the author that this, especially with Neville Southall's comment, is one of the greatest things on the Internet.

https://footballshirtcollective.com/2017/03/07/why-former-liverpool-star-michael

The video is here:

Pronouns: He/Him

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 10:28 - Sep 3 with 3772 viewsBarneycurley

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 10:16 - Sep 3 by Darth_Koont

This video puts Owen in the right perspective. And I agree with the author that this, especially with Neville Southall's comment, is one of the greatest things on the Internet.

https://footballshirtcollective.com/2017/03/07/why-former-liverpool-star-michael

The video is here:

What a wa nk stain he is/was

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 11:02 - Sep 3 with 3671 viewsTractorCam

Tool

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 11:05 - Sep 3 with 3664 viewsartsbossbeard

Shearer and Owen having handbags on twitter now

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 11:08 - Sep 3 with 3647 viewsitfcjoe

And he clearly made the wrong one as he explains?

I don't see the issue with it, we want footballers to be honest in their memoirs, and then jump up and down if they are

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 11:12 - Sep 3 with 3612 viewshomer_123

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 11:08 - Sep 3 by itfcjoe

I don't see the issue with it, we want footballers to be honest in their memoirs, and then jump up and down if they are

I'm not jumping up and down - it's extremely honest - not got an issue with him opening up about it but.....

No good moaning about it now though - he took the money, he made the decision to go there....it was his choice, no one forced him.

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 11:15 - Sep 3 with 3607 viewsitfcjoe

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 11:05 - Sep 3 by artsbossbeard

Shearer and Owen having handbags on twitter now

That's not a good look from either of them - I'm taking an extended break from Twitter and Facebook, they are just not good platforms any more.

Login to get fewer ads

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 11:32 - Sep 3 with 3540 viewshomer_123

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 11:15 - Sep 3 by itfcjoe

That's not a good look from either of them - I'm taking an extended break from Twitter and Facebook, they are just not good platforms any more.

There's nothing wrong with the platforms - more the people who are using them/ how they are being used.

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 11:40 - Sep 3 with 3496 viewsitfcjoe

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 11:32 - Sep 3 by homer_123

There's nothing wrong with the platforms - more the people who are using them/ how they are being used.

I think there are issues with Facebook, but agree with your point re Twitter

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 12:14 - Sep 3 with 3410 viewsHarry_Palmer

He is stirring up controversy to sell his book. Nothing to see here really, just an otherwise dull individual trying to draw attention to himself.
So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 12:26 - Sep 3 with 3355 viewsSwansea_Blue

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 11:15 - Sep 3 by itfcjoe

They're just full of poison. The only thing I consider paying attention to on Twitter is something from a reliable source (apart from nabbing the occasional funny gif of course). Opinions from randoms are just junk (and you never know who's actually camped in a troll farm, there's so much propaganda around). I don't touch FB.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Agree with that on 12:28 - Sep 3 with 3350 viewsDyland

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 11:08 - Sep 3 by itfcjoe

He's very dull but there's nothing controversial here. And his comments about the Newcastle fans singing when he got knocked out gives some context.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 12:37 - Sep 3 with 3296 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 12:45 - Sep 3 with 3244 viewsitfcjoe

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 12:26 - Sep 3 by Swansea_Blue

They're just full of poison. The only thing I consider paying attention to on Twitter is something from a reliable source (apart from nabbing the occasional funny gif of course). Opinions from randoms are just junk (and you never know who's actually camped in a troll farm, there's so much propaganda around). I don't touch FB.

I just use Twitter as a news service now - have notifications turned on from a few places which I look at and directly to the articles linked without looking at the comments etc.

It's just such a habit - everytime I pick my phone up I go to open it still. Had to move the app which is embarrassing to admit!

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 12:59 - Sep 3 with 3194 viewsgiant_stow

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 12:45 - Sep 3 by itfcjoe

I just use Twitter as a news service now - have notifications turned on from a few places which I look at and directly to the articles linked without looking at the comments etc.

It's just such a habit - everytime I pick my phone up I go to open it still. Had to move the app which is embarrassing to admit!

Don't be embarrassed - aren't these things recognised as addictive these days? Sure I read something about how the social media companies go out of their way to make them as much so as possible even.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 13:01 - Sep 3 with 3190 viewsSwansea_Blue

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 12:45 - Sep 3 by itfcjoe

I had to do the same. But then I still look at it on the web browser, so removing the app didn't work too well! Deleted my account though. I'm trying to just use it for football stuff these days, but my discipline slips fairly often.

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 13:06 - Sep 3 with 3167 viewsSwansea_Blue

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 12:59 - Sep 3 by giant_stow

Don't be embarrassed - aren't these things recognised as addictive these days? Sure I read something about how the social media companies go out of their way to make them as much so as possible even.

Very much so. Social media companies deliberately design to encourage compulsive use.

This is a fascinating podcast with a Georgetown researcher on the creep of digital media into our lives and the impact/steps to counter it disrupting us. Bit of a long watch, but there's a pure podcast version on Rich Roll's website. I listened to it in the gym!

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 13:16 - Sep 3 with 3136 viewsBecclesITFC

Was overrated too. Never rated him as much as everybody else. He had pace, as soon as that went he was very average.
So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 13:23 - Sep 3 with 3101 viewsSpruceMoose

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 13:16 - Sep 3 by BecclesITFC

Was overrated too. Never rated him as much as everybody else. He had pace, as soon as that went he was very average.

He's excellent at narrating helicopter trips though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 13:24 - Sep 3 with 3107 viewsPhilTWTD

And in another extract: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/michael-owen-shares-heartwarming-ki
So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 13:31 - Sep 3 with 3063 viewsWD19

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 12:37 - Sep 3 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

John Wark? Jim Magilton?
So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 14:47 - Sep 3 with 2894 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

What a tw@t.

Amazing player on his day, but always injured.
Cr@p pundit, and digging out Shearer on twitter, he isn't fit to lace Shearers boots.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 15:36 - Sep 3 with 2829 viewsTheBoyBlue

Spot on about Newcastle and their delusions of grandeur though...

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 15:42 - Sep 3 with 2824 viewsDarth_Koont

So Michael Owen signed for Newcastle for the money and regrets it on 12:14 - Sep 3 by Harry_Palmer

He is stirring up controversy to sell his book. Nothing to see here really, just an otherwise dull individual trying to draw attention to himself.

The next Premier League fixture is Liverpool vs. Newcastle as well.

Could be a complete coincidence ... but looks like a tap in for a publicist or publisher's marketing department.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024