Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) 21:36 - Nov 23 with 10450 viewsElderGrizzly

After the wreath laying ‘accidental’ editing, now this

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 00:10 - Nov 24 with 3874 viewssparks

The BBC largely lean left. And we cant assume intent here.

But it is a difficult piecce of editing to completely cut out laughter and somehow make it sound natural. This needs to be taken further.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 03:11 - Nov 24 with 3811 viewsRyorry

Fwiw, I listened to the BBC World Service prog called 'The World This Week' a couple of hours ago, in which (between 1.12-1.15am) great care was taken to draw listeners' attention in particular to the derisive laughter from the audience at Johnson when asked the question about whether he regarded telling the truth as important; and again when Corbyn was asked about his stance on Brexit.

World Service - a gem that's often sadly undervalued in the UK, but enormously valued elsewhere in the world. A ‘prophet without honour’ etc.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3csyv78 (about 6 mins in I think)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 03:14 - Nov 24 with 3800 viewsjeera

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 03:11 - Nov 24 by Ryorry

Fwiw, I listened to the BBC World Service prog called 'The World This Week' a couple of hours ago, in which (between 1.12-1.15am) great care was taken to draw listeners' attention in particular to the derisive laughter from the audience at Johnson when asked the question about whether he regarded telling the truth as important; and again when Corbyn was asked about his stance on Brexit.

World Service - a gem that's often sadly undervalued in the UK, but enormously valued elsewhere in the world. A ‘prophet without honour’ etc.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3csyv78 (about 6 mins in I think)

For what it's worth?

In this instance, unless the majority of the population listen to it - it isn't worth a thing.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 03:22 - Nov 24 with 3791 viewsRyorry

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 03:14 - Nov 24 by jeera

For what it's worth?

In this instance, unless the majority of the population listen to it - it isn't worth a thing.

Then I hope more people will listen to it now! and disseminate. Promoting info is the main reason I post stuff like that.

It also provides an alternative view to what many perceive as BBC bias (which seems to have been the main reason for the OP).

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 08:10 - Nov 24 with 3676 viewsPlums

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 03:22 - Nov 24 by Ryorry

Then I hope more people will listen to it now! and disseminate. Promoting info is the main reason I post stuff like that.

It also provides an alternative view to what many perceive as BBC bias (which seems to have been the main reason for the OP).

I’m not so sure it’s bias as both the right and left complain so it must be reasonably central. However, it’s being systematically undermined from within to the point where trust in the Beeb is lost by all, It will then be dismantled. The press barons will have won the day.
You only have to look at these odious editing issues, the question time audience selection (same people appearing all over the country) to see what’s happening.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 09:04 - Nov 24 with 3603 viewsHerbivore

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 00:10 - Nov 24 by sparks

But it is a difficult piecce of editing to completely cut out laughter and somehow make it sound natural. This needs to be taken further.

The BBC hasn't leaned left in a long time.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 09:06 - Nov 24 with 3598 viewsDubtractor

It does somewhat beg the question of who is leaning on them doesn't it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 09:15 - Nov 24 with 3578 viewsBrixtonBlue

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 00:10 - Nov 24 by sparks

"The BBC largely lean left."

Evidence?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 09:23 - Nov 24 with 3559 viewsbournemouthblue

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 09:15 - Nov 24 by BrixtonBlue

Evidence?

Again it's a bit of an old fashioned viewpoint

Yes, the creative output from the BBC is generally left leaning but if you look at the people running the News at the BBC, there's a lot of people with right wing backgrounds

It amuses me when people on the right moan about the BBC, they've certainly given Farage a platform to spout his nonsense by trying to offer balance for example
[Post edited 24 Nov 2019 9:24]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 09:25 - Nov 24 with 3539 viewssparks

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 09:15 - Nov 24 by BrixtonBlue

Evidence?

Years of self evident indulgence.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 10:38 - Nov 24 with 3442 viewsRyorry

https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/complaints

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 10:51 - Nov 24 with 3408 viewsWeWereZombies

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 03:14 - Nov 24 by jeera

For what it's worth?

You'd be surprised, I used to listen to World Service as much as any other radio station before I started to get hearing loss (which I do not think was the fault of World Service) and curtailed most of my radio consumption. Another factor was the change from being funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office to being brought in house, a lot of the independence went then and many of the programmes were repeats and stuff shared with Radio Four.

In getting my facts straight on that I checked the Wikipedia page: 'In 2015 World Service reached an average of 210 million people a week (via TV, radio and online)' and 'The BBC World Service is the world's largest international broadcaster,'

A similar set of circumstances could be evidenced by looking at the rising circulation of The Economist, one of the few magazines to be bucking the liability for long established titles to go out of business. Now up to 800,000 per issue it may be only a couple of years before it overtakes The Sun (the 'newspaper' with the highest circulation, 1.3 million), and I would expect The Economist to have a few more secondary readers too....but it does take a couple of months to get through each issue (The Economist that is, although the same could be said of The Sun if you use it as toilet paper and have severe constipation).
[Post edited 24 Nov 2019 10:56]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

"The BBC largely lean left" on 10:52 - Nov 24 with 3411 viewsDyland

LOL

In the last thirty years they've broadly had a fairly liberal agenda, with a small l. Pretty sure the power bods were all New Labour as well. If that's classed as leaning "left" then it really shows how gradually our politics has moved to the "right."

I understand where you are coming from though in the wider sense of this thread.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 10:56 - Nov 24 with 3392 viewsWD19

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 03:22 - Nov 24 by Ryorry

This same programme is a staple of BBC News 24 and was on yesterday. Probably multiple times.
The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 10:57 - Nov 24 with 3382 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 10:38 - Nov 24 by Ryorry

https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/complaints

Thanks for the link....have used it as should all.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 11:12 - Nov 24 with 3335 viewsRyorry

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 10:56 - Nov 24 by WD19

This same programme is a staple of BBC News 24 and was on yesterday. Probably multiple times.

For clarification - do you mean the @BBCWorldService output is often used by @BBCNews? (24-hr rolling news service)?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-radio-and-tv-12759931

"While BBC World Service is publicly funded by the UK government through Parliamentary Grant-in-Aid, it is not subsidised by the Licence Fee. The Parliamentary Grant-in-Aid is administered by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). The FCO is involved in the process of deciding which languages are broadcast, but editorial control of the programmes rests entirely with the BBC.

Like the rest of the BBC, BBC World Service is accountable to the BBC Trust, appointed under the Royal Charter to act as trustees for the public interest and oversee all BBC activities."

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 11:20 - Nov 24 with 3331 viewsSomethingBlue

Perhaps historically true but when you look at the identities of those who run their news/current affairs stuff nowadays it's ... very much the opposite.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 11:36 - Nov 24 with 3302 viewsSwansea_Blue

Blatant. This BBC are lefties stuff overlooks that the BBC isn’t a singular beast with only one character. This example clearly be shows them misrepresenting events to show the Tories in a good light, and it’s not unique.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 12:06 - Nov 24 with 3272 viewsbraveblue

Evidence?

Just look at the audience on Friday night. Standing up and cheering as Cornyn came on. Before he said a word. Ridiculous.
The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 12:32 - Nov 24 with 3237 viewsWeWereZombies

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 12:06 - Nov 24 by braveblue

Just look at the audience on Friday night. Standing up and cheering as Cornyn came on. Before he said a word. Ridiculous.

That's not the BBC, it is people in Sheffield...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 15:10 - Nov 24 with 3147 viewsBrixtonBlue

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 09:25 - Nov 24 by sparks

Years of self evident indulgence.

Would your own criteria for evidence accept that answer?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 15:36 - Nov 24 with 3084 viewsRadlett_blue

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 12:32 - Nov 24 by WeWereZombies

That's not the BBC, it is people in Sheffield...

The consensus is that the audience for last week's Question Time appeared very biased, but that may well have been because the anti-Tory voters were more vocal. The media love bigging up these issues, but the reality is that most of the electorate aren't stupid and will make up their own minds.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 15:47 - Nov 24 with 3058 viewslongtimefan

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 15:36 - Nov 24 by Radlett_blue

The consensus is that the audience for last week's Question Time appeared very biased, but that may well have been because the anti-Tory voters were more vocal. The media love bigging up these issues, but the reality is that most of the electorate aren't stupid and will make up their own minds.

I think the reality it’s more like the majority of voters will be governed by their preconceived ideas and very little that happens during the campaign will make much difference.
The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 15:48 - Nov 24 with 3051 viewsRyorry

'The World This Weekend' (BBCR4 1pm) pointed to and highlighted 3 times the laughs of derision from the audience at Johnson during that debate, the third time when it was discussed amongst a panel consisting of BBC presenter, French journalist (?) and a British political academic (sorry, can't remember their details).

A Swansea said, the BBC isn't a single beast, it has numerous completely different areas, sections & departments, each with its own editors & managers responsible for the interpretation of policy & decisions made re what goes out.

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 16:05 - Nov 24 with 3017 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How long now until your first 'deep state' post now Grizzly...?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024