Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A&E on a Sunday 17:50 - Dec 8 with 1916 viewsPendejo

Youngest son appears to have broken his foot last night whilst making his way home after a party.

Once upon a time there would have been at least a few guys in football kit, now it seems dominated by folks with Eastern European accents and some fella doing a passable impression of Darth Vader...

After successfully staying away from A&E for many years this is second visit with son in 10 days. Do things still come in threes?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

A&E on a Sunday on 17:53 - Dec 8 with 1875 viewsfooters

"now it seems dominated by folks with Eastern European accents"

aka medical staff.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

A&E on a Sunday on 17:55 - Dec 8 with 1853 viewsPendejo

A&E on a Sunday on 17:53 - Dec 8 by footers

aka medical staff.

Nope not the medical staff, they're mostly African

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

A&E on a Sunday on 17:58 - Dec 8 with 1836 viewshampstead_blue

A&E on a Sunday on 17:53 - Dec 8 by footers

aka medical staff.

Well said Footers. Am next you on this.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

A&E on a Sunday on 22:00 - Dec 8 with 1607 viewsjeera

If they are working here and paying tax, then where else should they go to receive medical treatment?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A&E on a Sunday on 22:06 - Dec 8 with 1586 viewsstrikalite

You posted at 17.50, what's the odds you won't be out of there before 05.50?
A&E on a Sunday on 22:07 - Dec 8 with 1587 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A&E on a Sunday on 22:00 - Dec 8 by jeera

If they are working here and paying tax, then where else should they go to receive medical treatment?

Also, what is it about their working/living conditions that means they are so much more likely to be visiting A&E?

Seemed an odd observation to be posting about.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

A&E on a Sunday on 22:18 - Dec 8 with 1561 viewsjeera

A&E on a Sunday on 22:06 - Dec 8 by strikalite

You posted at 17.50, what's the odds you won't be out of there before 05.50?

I spent another 5 hours there myself a couple of weeks ago [again] have to say the A&E experience can be frustrating.

However. You do see a right mixture of attitudes whilst you're there.

You go through the triage routine of course and are positioned accordingly aren't you.

Some people do moan at the wait. It's embarrassing really.

You get placed according to your needs and say, if a child comes through the door you know that automatically that's going to put you back a while. And you don't mind, because it's a child and it's the right thing to do.

I was sat opposite a couple of prison warders; one of whom was chained to a prisoner and they all sat there together, patiently waiting their turn, chatting, eating, joking with each other. We shared a few anecdotes and the time whiled away slowly.

Still, one or two others moaning away...

The staff are tearing about the whole time trying to please everyone. Hell, that must be hard work, to maintain manners, civility and an excellent standard of care with so many people to see to.

And some people are still complaining the whole time.

You wait your turn, you be patient, and you be grateful that level of care is available.

A&E on a Sunday on 22:38 - Dec 8 with 1514 viewsfactual_blue

A&E on a Sunday on 22:18 - Dec 8 by jeera

I spent another 5 hours there myself a couple of weeks ago [again] have to say the A&E experience can be frustrating.

You go through the triage routine of course and are positioned accordingly aren't you.

You get placed according to your needs and say, if a child comes through the door you know that automatically that's going to put you back a while. And you don't mind, because it's a child and it's the right thing to do.

I was sat opposite a couple of prison warders; one of whom was chained to a prisoner and they all sat there together, patiently waiting their turn, chatting, eating, joking with each other. We shared a few anecdotes and the time whiled away slowly.

The staff are tearing about the whole time trying to please everyone. Hell, that must be hard work, to maintain manners, civility and an excellent standard of care with so many people to see to.

You wait your turn, you be patient, and you be grateful that level of care is available.

A couple of years ago Mrs Factual was rushed to hospital in an ambulance at about 3.00am having (as it turned out) merely fainted.

The care was fantastic throughout, but what intrigued me was the impressive medical fridge by the bed bays in A&E. Mrs Factual was there for about ten hours in total, so I had plenty of time to observe it. It had a temperature display that showed something like every change in temperature of +/- 0.25 degrees.

I thought this was remarkable, and clearly this fridge was a vital piece of medical equipment.

At about 9.30am a nurse said to Mrs Factual 'I expect you're hungry. Would you like a sandwich? Ham or cheese?'

The nurse then went to said highly sophisticated fridge. It was full of sandwiches.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

A&E on a Sunday on 22:46 - Dec 8 with 1483 viewsjeera

A&E on a Sunday on 22:38 - Dec 8 by factual_blue

A couple of years ago Mrs Factual was rushed to hospital in an ambulance at about 3.00am having (as it turned out) merely fainted.

The care was fantastic throughout, but what intrigued me was the impressive medical fridge by the bed bays in A&E. Mrs Factual was there for about ten hours in total, so I had plenty of time to observe it. It had a temperature display that showed something like every change in temperature of +/- 0.25 degrees.

I thought this was remarkable, and clearly this fridge was a vital piece of medical equipment.

At about 9.30am a nurse said to Mrs Factual 'I expect you're hungry. Would you like a sandwich? Ham or cheese?'

The nurse then went to said highly sophisticated fridge. It was full of sandwiches.

Superb story. I know what you mean as it goes.

I'm having these sacral blocks regularly at the moment and am not allowed to eat/drink from midnight for an afternoon appointment.

Once the procedure is over and I'm laid up recovering I am suddenly inundated with sandwiches, tea and fruit and those damn ham and cheese in white bread are suddenly the best things you've ever tasted!

A&E on a Sunday on 00:50 - Dec 9 with 1411 viewsRyorry

If you carry on coming out with xenophobic comments, I'd say your chances of a third visit to A&E are higher than average tbh.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

A&E on a Sunday on 01:21 - Dec 9 with 1402 viewsgainsboroughblue

I remember being on a coach going through Cairo and there was a medical centre with around 60-70 people outside (some with sleeping bags etc) waiting on the off chance they may be seen by a doctor.

Tour guide said that often, people are there for up to a week.

Made me grateful for the NHS that.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 1:23]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

A&E on a Sunday on 06:50 - Dec 9 with 1275 viewsCoastalblue

I remember going to A&E a few years ago, with a broken foot as it happens, and sitting and waiting for hours at Broomfield.

Every time I knew I was close to the front of the line another kid would walk in wearing PE kit holding their arm or wrist or similar.

Like you say, you sigh and accept the system, acknowledging it's right.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

A&E on a Sunday on 07:31 - Dec 9 with 1212 viewsElephantintheRoom

One thing I noticed after queueing outsideAddenbrookes A&E to be assessed just the other side of the twirly door so the ticking clock could begin its iies about waiting time is the number of security personnel patrolling the waiting AND the treatment areas. Staggering that hard pressed health care staff need this level of protection

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

A&E on a Sunday on 20:11 - Dec 9 with 1012 viewsJ2BLUE

A&E on a Sunday on 00:50 - Dec 9 by Ryorry

If you carry on coming out with xenophobic comments, I'd say your chances of a third visit to A&E are higher than average tbh.

I believe he has a Colombian wife so i'd like to think it was a statement of fact which people are reading wrong rather than having a genuine problem with it.

Clarification Pendejo?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A&E on a Sunday on 20:17 - Dec 9 with 994 viewsGlasgowBlue

A&E on a Sunday on 20:11 - Dec 9 by J2BLUE

I believe he has a Colombian wife so i'd like to think it was a statement of fact which people are reading wrong rather than having a genuine problem with it.

Clarification Pendejo?

Yes that's how I read it as well. Pendejo has never said anything on here to suggest he is in any way xenophobic.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

A&E on a Sunday on 20:20 - Dec 9 with 989 viewsDubtractor

A&E on a Sunday on 00:50 - Dec 9 by Ryorry

How is his comment xenophobic?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

A&E on a Sunday on 20:41 - Dec 9 with 954 viewsSwansea_Blue

A&E brings out the character of people. And some don’t want to wait their turn. I was in once with the eldest (who’s legs had stopped working, bizarrely). Enter very vocal and arrogant mum of a private school blazer teenager, who left medical staff and patients in no doubt that her little darling was more important than everyone else. Disgusting woman she was.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024