Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emyr Huws 19:14 - Jan 25 with 4557 viewsChurchman75

Flynn Downes is spot on when he called him a beast last week, absolutely outstanding today and bossed the game. Like a new £3million quid signing. Fingers crossed he can keep fit as he will just get better and better. Big, strong and a fantastic football brain.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2020 19:15]

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

Emyr Huws on 19:14 - Jan 25 with 4540 viewsITFC_Forever

Absolutely oozes class.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Emyr Huws on 19:46 - Jan 25 with 4398 viewsEly_Blue

Emyr Huws on 19:14 - Jan 25 by ITFC_Forever

Absolutely oozes class.

Both he and Keane are far too good for League 1

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Emyr Huws on 19:51 - Jan 25 with 4361 viewsrfretwell

Emyr Huws on 19:46 - Jan 25 by Ely_Blue

Yes if only he Adeyemi and Bish could have played alot more matches in the last 3 seasons we may still be in the Championship. Their loss handicapped MM big-time.
Emyr Huws on 19:54 - Jan 25 with 4343 viewsSwansea_Blue

He’s got a cracking pedigree and big things we’re expected of him when he was younger. That didn’t work out, but if he can keep fit he’s a player who would could grow with us all the way into the PL (if by any fluke we could get there).

Great for Flynn too, to have someone like that to learn from.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Emyr Huws on 19:56 - Jan 25 with 4318 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Thought he played a few loose passes today... was more impressed in his last home game.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Emyr Huws on 20:17 - Jan 25 with 4224 viewsKeaneish

Emyr Huws on 19:56 - Jan 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

Thought he played a few loose passes today... was more impressed in his last home game.

Yeah agree with that. I think Huws tends to start games a little slowly at times too but that’s my only criticism. He’s a great asset and it’s good to finally get to see him play.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Emyr Huws on 20:57 - Jan 25 with 4042 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Emyr Huws on 19:51 - Jan 25 by rfretwell

Yes if only he Adeyemi and Bish could have played alot more matches in the last 3 seasons we may still be in the Championship. Their loss handicapped MM big-time.

How would losing midfielders handicap MM's style of play...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Emyr Huws on 21:29 - Jan 25 with 3938 viewsSchancheITFC

I was watching what he does most of the game, fantastic footballer that rarely gives it away.
Login to get fewer ads

Emyr Huws on 21:30 - Jan 25 with 3932 viewsbilllm

Emyr Huws on 19:14 - Jan 25 by ITFC_Forever

Absolutely oozes class.

Sorry, up arrow
Emyr Huws on 21:38 - Jan 25 with 3880 viewsflimflam

First 10 minutes he was poor but rest of games very good.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Emyr Huws on 09:41 - Jan 26 with 3407 viewsRomeo4

Huws has made a massive difference to the way we play. He dictates the play in the same sort of way Skuse has done for us but Huws does it from a more advanced position so he automatically gets us into areas of the pitch which will potentially hurt the opposition.

On the ball he mixes it up perfectly. Playing the simple or backwards ball when required but generally his first instinct is taking us forward.

He also carries a goal threat. Not come to anything yet but that potential inevitably creates space for others.

Also if you watch him closely, when he’s not allowed to get on the ball so much (2nd half yesterday when Lincoln clearly put the squeeze on him) he is constantly instructing others and directs the play.

He looks fit and really keen to make up for lost time. As much as I like Skuse and would also like to see Dozzell develop his potential, I really do hope PL sticks with Downes and Huws as much as possible for the rest of the season.
Emyr Huws on 09:57 - Jan 26 with 3372 viewsHerbivore

If Huws maintains his fitness over a long stretch then he's a top 6 Championship player at a minimum for me. He has such quality on the ball and his size means he can totally dominate a midfield. He can be a goal threat as well and I think we'd start seeing that a bit more if Bishop comes in for Judge as he has to sit a bit more when Judge plays whereas Bishop is more box to box and can put a tackle in so would free Huws up to get in the box more regularly. A midfield three of Huws, Downes and Bishop has me sailing at half mast. That trio should be good enough for the Championship easily.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Emyr Huws on 10:30 - Jan 26 with 3318 viewsWickets

I think our midfield has been just fine last few games no need to mess around with it !
Emyr Huws on 12:42 - Jan 28 with 2954 viewsflimflam

Emyr Huws on 21:38 - Jan 25 by flimflam

First 10 minutes he was poor but rest of games very good.

Why the down vote?

First 10 he gave the ball away a couple of times, his first touch let him down a few times also so had to pass backwards when a decent touch would have meant playing on the front foot.

He started the game slowly but after that was immense.

Weirdo.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Emyr Huws on 13:09 - Jan 28 with 2870 viewsitfcjoe

He's different class - reads the game well and just covers when anyone goes up field - as well as being big and strong and winning his battles and good on the ball.

Such a shame the last 2 years have been decimated by injury, keeping him fit and playing alongside Downes will see us get promoted

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Emyr Huws on 13:17 - Jan 28 with 2837 viewsyorkshire

How long is leftnon his contact ? Can imagine he is one of the highest paid at the club so can’t see them wanting to do anything while we are a L1 club
Emyr Huws on 13:22 - Jan 28 with 2804 viewsKieran_Knows

Emyr Huws on 19:46 - Jan 25 by Ely_Blue

Best 2 players in the division by a long shot.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Emyr Huws on 13:25 - Jan 28 with 2793 viewsitfcjoe

Emyr Huws on 13:17 - Jan 28 by yorkshire

How long is leftnon his contact ? Can imagine he is one of the highest paid at the club so can’t see them wanting to do anything while we are a L1 club

End of next season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Emyr Huws on 13:26 - Jan 28 with 2778 viewsRobTheMonk

Emyr Huws on 13:22 - Jan 28 by Kieran_Knows

Best 2 players in the division by a long shot.

When I saw him at Oxford, I was suprised at how big and strong he looks.

Keane's touch at times is Berbatov'esque.
Emyr Huws on 13:46 - Jan 28 with 2734 viewsDarth_Koont

Emyr Huws on 13:09 - Jan 28 by itfcjoe

He's different class - reads the game well and just covers when anyone goes up field - as well as being big and strong and winning his battles and good on the ball.

Such a shame the last 2 years have been decimated by injury, keeping him fit and playing alongside Downes will see us get promoted

Agreed.

I'd probably have to go back to Magilton and Holland to remember the last time I enjoyed watching our centre midfield so much. Admittedly, Huws and Downes are both far too good for this division, especially together but I believe they'll still look very good in the Championship if we go up.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024