Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown 20:27 - Apr 21 with 3113 viewsElderGrizzly

Attorney General going to take on States who don’t open up quickly enough, despite all the medical experts saying it is too soon to open. Donny’s puppet at work...

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 20:31 - Apr 21 with 2837 viewsSharkey

In theory, is there a situation where the cops on the street would have to decide whether to enforce Washington's laws or state laws?
Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 20:38 - Apr 21 with 2801 viewsNewcyBlue

They have a god...

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 20:41 - Apr 21 with 2802 viewsSteve_M

Rare honesty here:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 21:51 - Apr 21 with 2683 viewsElderGrizzly

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 20:41 - Apr 21 by Steve_M

Rare honesty here:

This sounds woeful when you see it written like this for NYC

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 22:01 - Apr 21 with 2636 viewsStokieBlue

Nearly 2700 deaths in the US today.

Madness.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 22:04 - Apr 21 with 2626 viewsLord_Lucan

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 22:01 - Apr 21 by StokieBlue

Madness.

SB

What does Trumpy Wumpy say about this?

I've had a no news day -
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 22:13]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 22:20 - Apr 21 with 2578 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 22:04 - Apr 21 by Lord_Lucan

I've had a no news day -

My guess will be along the lines of ...........

"We,re doing a great job, a great job, a really great job", ....rinse and repeat.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Jesus Wept (n/t) on 22:27 - Apr 21 with 2544 viewsunstableblue

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 20:38 - Apr 21 by NewcyBlue

They have a god...

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 22:30 - Apr 21 with 2537 viewsLord_Lucan

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 22:20 - Apr 21 by StochesStotasBlewe

My guess will be along the lines of ...........

"We,re doing a great job, a great job, a really great job", ....rinse and repeat.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

errrrr.... when the cops are faced with this.. on 22:34 - Apr 21 with 2519 viewsunstableblue

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 20:31 - Apr 21 by Sharkey

In theory, is there a situation where the cops on the street would have to decide whether to enforce Washington's laws or state laws?

Perhaps they'll just run away

1million automatic assault rifles in circulation in the public.. 390 million guns in total

And a commander in chief stoking hatred of authority and promoting struggle

errrrr.... when the cops are faced with this.. on 22:43 - Apr 21 with 2485 viewsPinewoodblue

errrrr.... when the cops are faced with this.. on 22:34 - Apr 21 by unstableblue

1million automatic assault rifles in circulation in the public.. 390 million guns in total

No comment to add.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52189349

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 22:51 - Apr 21 with 2456 viewsElderGrizzly

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 22:04 - Apr 21 by Lord_Lucan

I've had a no news day -

He’ll probably lie just like this and make it about him

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 22:54 - Apr 21 with 2445 viewsElderGrizzly

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 20:31 - Apr 21 by Sharkey

It could be a situation where effectively they are forcing people to un-isolate.

If the AG ‘wins’, basically the States will need to change their approach. Put simply, it will be health suicide to do so.

Trump will then blame Governors for the deaths
errrrr.... when the cops are faced with this.. on 23:06 - Apr 21 with 2417 viewsElderGrizzly

errrrr.... when the cops are faced with this.. on 22:34 - Apr 21 by unstableblue

Trump’s magic drug actually killed more people too

[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 23:07]
Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 23:29 - Apr 21 with 2387 viewsbournemouthblue

The States truly are making us look competent and that takes some doing

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

You imagine if you woke up to the headline... on 23:33 - Apr 21 with 2380 viewsunstableblue

errrrr.... when the cops are faced with this.. on 22:43 - Apr 21 by Pinewoodblue

No comment to add.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52189349

..... 3.3 million guns leak into the UK population in 1 month!

I'd feel very unsafe and uncomfortable.

How as a nation have the normalised this?

And of course if your leadership fills you with anger, hate and a suspicion of authority...

Its a disaster waiting to happen

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 23:58 - Apr 21 with 2346 viewsTrequartista

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 22:01 - Apr 21 by StokieBlue

Madness.

SB

Over 800 in the uk, but they have 5 times as many people as us.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

You imagine if you woke up to the headline... on 01:25 - Apr 22 with 2296 viewsmonytowbray

You imagine if you woke up to the headline... on 23:33 - Apr 21 by unstableblue

..... 3.3 million guns leak into the UK population in 1 month!

I'd feel very unsafe and uncomfortable.

How as a nation have the normalised this?

And of course if your leadership fills you with anger, hate and a suspicion of authority...

Its a disaster waiting to happen

They’re about to go full fascist dictatorship or have a civil war which could see a full fascist dicatorship.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 02:17 - Apr 22 with 2292 viewsIllinoisblue

Things are going to get very ugly. The rabble rousers on the right are framing this as freedom issue. Playing to their mouth-breathing lard-for-brains base.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 05:59 - Apr 22 with 2202 viewsChurchman

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 02:17 - Apr 22 by Illinoisblue

Things are going to get very ugly. The rabble rousers on the right are framing this as freedom issue. Playing to their mouth-breathing lard-for-brains base.

It has to be remembered that most people in America don’t give a hoot about politics, Trump or anything outside of where they live. A relatively few people travel and its really countries within countries. I wouldn’t be surprised if half the people think Coronavirus is a character in a film. They’ll be fine.

It is noticeable that the epicentre is still basically New York and New Jersey with 24k deaths to date from a population of about 17 million, the poorest areas being worst affected. The rest of the country relatively free of it. In terms of deaths per million, the UK is nearly twice as bad. You look at testing, they’re at over 4m against a paltry 500k from a worse starting position. Whilst what is coming out of the US looks odd, especially their preoccupation with guns they can’t use, I would suggest that thanks to the mishandling of it, the situation here, in relative terms, is far worse despite Trump’s nonsense.
Jesus Wept (n/t) on 06:56 - Apr 22 with 2160 viewsElderGrizzly

Jesus Wept (n/t) on 22:27 - Apr 21 by unstableblue

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 07:08 - Apr 22 with 2149 viewsGuthrum

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 05:59 - Apr 22 by Churchman

It has to be remembered that most people in America don’t give a hoot about politics, Trump or anything outside of where they live. A relatively few people travel and its really countries within countries. I wouldn’t be surprised if half the people think Coronavirus is a character in a film. They’ll be fine.

It is noticeable that the epicentre is still basically New York and New Jersey with 24k deaths to date from a population of about 17 million, the poorest areas being worst affected. The rest of the country relatively free of it. In terms of deaths per million, the UK is nearly twice as bad. You look at testing, they’re at over 4m against a paltry 500k from a worse starting position. Whilst what is coming out of the US looks odd, especially their preoccupation with guns they can’t use, I would suggest that thanks to the mishandling of it, the situation here, in relative terms, is far worse despite Trump’s nonsense.

Part of that is because most of the rest of the country are behind New York in the progress of the disease. Also, due to the sparse and dispersed population in parts of the US, there will be quite large areas relatively unaffected.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 07:19 - Apr 22 with 2137 viewsGuthrum

Things taking a dangerous turn in America with the lockdown on 23:58 - Apr 21 by Trequartista

Over 800 in the uk, but they have 5 times as many people as us.

That's a single day high and probably a quirk of reporting. In the preceding 24 hours the figure was 449 and 596 the one before. Prior to that it was in the 800s for three days.

If you take a rolling average, our figures are showing signs of stability, if not a slight decline. US figures are still climbing, albeit the rate of increase is (thankfully) slowing.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Jesus Wept (n/t) on 08:16 - Apr 22 with 2036 viewsPlums

Jesus Wept (n/t) on 06:56 - Apr 22 by ElderGrizzly

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Jesus Wept (n/t) on 08:25 - Apr 22 with 2025 viewsLord_Lucan

Jesus Wept (n/t) on 08:16 - Apr 22 by Plums

That is one of my favourite images and one that I send to any Americans I know.

Unfortunately is is obviously a photoshop and underlines the reporting and twitter problems we have discussed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024