Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm curious, how bad are things within the club 10:10 - Aug 31 with 13822 viewsKeno

or is it 'just pre-season tension'

I read comments about the dressing room being "lost", is that just wishful thinking or are we back to a Wurst Scenario

Its bank holiday, I'm working, I'm bored and could use some cheering up

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 10:16 - Aug 31 with 7828 viewsPJH

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 10:17 - Aug 31 with 7835 viewsChrisd

Others on here know more about it than me and in the main I don’t want to know, but from an outsider it just appears lots of negative stories then creating unrest and anger. Normally, there’s excitement building at this point for the prospect of the start of a new season. It’s all a bit deflating at the moment and underwhelming.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 10:29 - Aug 31 with 7770 viewsMonkeyAlan

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 10:17 - Aug 31 by Chrisd

Others on here know more about it than me and in the main I don’t want to know, but from an outsider it just appears lots of negative stories then creating unrest and anger. Normally, there’s excitement building at this point for the prospect of the start of a new season. It’s all a bit deflating at the moment and underwhelming.

I can't get excited for any season in the third tier of English football It's an utter disgrace where we are and there is only one reason, Marcus the muppet Evans.
I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 10:31 - Aug 31 with 7762 viewspointofblue

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 10:29 - Aug 31 by MonkeyAlan

I can't get excited for any season in the third tier of English football It's an utter disgrace where we are and there is only one reason, Marcus the muppet Evans.

In fairness to Evans, if he had his own way then Mick would still be here. Then again, season ticket sales would probably be lower than now even in a higher division.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 10:37 - Aug 31 with 7729 viewsMonkeyAlan

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 10:31 - Aug 31 by pointofblue

In fairness to Evans, if he had his own way then Mick would still be here. Then again, season ticket sales would probably be lower than now even in a higher division.

In fairness to Marcus l wish Mick was still here. Even if season ticket sales were down. We may at least still be in the championship. I always looked forward to the start of a season. I have no interest since we dropped this low. None of the players inspire you, they are mostly Sunday morning league standard. The manager is clueless and the owner couldn't give a stuff.
I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 11:16 - Aug 31 with 7604 viewsWickets

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 10:37 - Aug 31 by MonkeyAlan

In fairness to Marcus l wish Mick was still here. Even if season ticket sales were down. We may at least still be in the championship. I always looked forward to the start of a season. I have no interest since we dropped this low. None of the players inspire you, they are mostly Sunday morning league standard. The manager is clueless and the owner couldn't give a stuff.

Blimey !!
I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 11:27 - Aug 31 with 7542 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Some seem to be writing a bit of guff that all the players have supposedly thrown their toys out the pram and downed tools.

Waffle springs to mind.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 11:41 - Aug 31 with 7491 viewsclive_baker

Depends what your definition of bad is I guess, but I spent an hour yesterday chatting to someone about it and while there's no punches being thrown on the training ground, the term 'lost the dressing room' sums it up perfectly. Lambert isn't close to the detail, doesn't have much of a relationship to speak of with the players, isn't respected or valued. Proper leadership vacuum. It's not dissimilar to this government, really. Boris Lambert.

I give it a couple of months until he's gone, but hopefully sooner.

And Lambert.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 11:45 - Aug 31 with 7465 viewsKeno

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 11:41 - Aug 31 by clive_baker

Depends what your definition of bad is I guess, but I spent an hour yesterday chatting to someone about it and while there's no punches being thrown on the training ground, the term 'lost the dressing room' sums it up perfectly. Lambert isn't close to the detail, doesn't have much of a relationship to speak of with the players, isn't respected or valued. Proper leadership vacuum. It's not dissimilar to this government, really. Boris Lambert.

And Lambert.

On the eve of a new season that doesn't sound like we are in a good place as a team

like you say hopefully couple of months he's gone, if not sooner.

And Lambert.

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 11:45 - Aug 31 with 7466 viewsclive_baker

Can't agree with that assessment of the players at all. We should be competitive at this level, and although Evans deserves a lot of stick for his contribution in his time here, we've likely got one of the highest wage bills in the division, some of the best facilities, probably one of the best paid managers too and he's rebuffing offers for some of our better players. Of course there's question marks around how / why Lambert was chosen, and certainly why he was given a 5 year contract, which is firmly a decision that falls on Evans, but accountability for our collapse last season has to sit with the manager.

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 11:51 - Aug 31 with 7430 viewsnoggin

Have you tried The Samaritans?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 11:54 - Aug 31 with 7407 viewsBobbychase

Doubt anybody outside the club really knows. I heard people say Mick had lost the dressing room at times but anyone who met or interviewed the players knew that was garbage.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 11:56 - Aug 31 with 7392 viewsnoggin

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 11:54 - Aug 31 by Bobbychase

Doubt anybody outside the club really knows. I heard people say Mick had lost the dressing room at times but anyone who met or interviewed the players knew that was garbage.

I would imagine the dressing room is in the same place it's always been. Sounds like these highly paid managers are just drunk.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2020 11:57]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 11:56 - Aug 31 with 7387 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

No one really knows, lots of speculation flying about.

Lots of people claiming to have people in the know.

We just need the season to start.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 11:58 - Aug 31 with 7373 viewsgordon

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 11:54 - Aug 31 by Bobbychase

Can't really remember anyone saying that about Mick, I thought the dressing room was pretty much the one thing he never lost, because he pretty much always stood by the players no matter what?
I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 11:58 - Aug 31 with 7373 viewsGarv

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 10:31 - Aug 31 by pointofblue

If he was a forward thinking and proactive owner Mick would have gone a year earlier before the real malaise set in.

In the end he made the change because he was effectively forced to. That says a lot about his ambition and general ownership I think.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 11:59 - Aug 31 with 7357 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

I do not know anybody personally at the club, but the sounds coming out ain't good going into what should be a promotion winning season. More than happy to be proved wrong, delighted in fact, but unfortunately I only see another season of upset. Sorry to spoil your day, hope your working day goes quickly.
I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 12:01 - Aug 31 with 7343 viewsclive_baker

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 11:56 - Aug 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

No one really knows, lots of speculation flying about.

Lots of people claiming to have people in the know.

We just need the season to start.

I wish that was the case, but it really is very sh1t among the players.

Hopefully we can get a fast start to the season and things improve. Not holding out too much hope though.

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 12:20 - Aug 31 with 7230 viewsHerbivore

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 11:58 - Aug 31 by Garv

If he was a forward thinking and proactive owner Mick would have gone a year earlier before the real malaise set in.

In the end he made the change because he was effectively forced to. That says a lot about his ambition and general ownership I think.

Although a new manager coming in at that stage wouldn't have inherited as good a squad as Mick left us with a year later with the additions of the likes of Waghorn, Garner and Huws (his injury problems notwithstanding). Whether a new manager could have brought in similar quality on our budget is open to question.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 12:31 - Aug 31 with 7173 viewsDurovigutum

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 11:58 - Aug 31 by Garv

A year earlier he could have given MM some money to buy better players so the football quality could improve, rather than Mick having to wring the best he could out of a collection of other people's cast offs or canny attempts at bargains (which, of course, didn't all turn out to be bargains).
I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 12:42 - Aug 31 with 7115 viewsthatdamgood89

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 11:41 - Aug 31 by clive_baker

And Lambert.

I've seen lots of unsubstantiated claims over the last 48 hours...thankfully we will know soon enough.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 12:43 - Aug 31 with 7101 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 12:01 - Aug 31 by clive_baker

I wish that was the case, but it really is very sh1t among the players.

Hopefully we can get a fast start to the season and things improve. Not holding out too much hope though.

Do u have a 'source' within the club?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 12:51 - Aug 31 with 7069 viewsclive_baker

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 12:43 - Aug 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

Do u have a 'source' within the club?

Multiple. None of which I'll divulge for obvious reasons, and as cliche as it sounds, Lambert has firmly 'lost the dressing room'. It's a complete mess. Hopefully when the season starts the players are professional enough to give it a good go, but let's wait and see. I still really believe we have demonstrable quality in this squad, relative to our peers at this level and should be competitive despite Lambert, not because of him. That wasn't the case in the Championship post Mick.

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 12:54 - Aug 31 with 7038 viewsartsbossbeard

Heard loads from a good source or two when Hurts (SIC) was in situ and upsetting everyone he dealt with but nothing to date on Lambert.

I would caveat that to say that if Joe has some good info, then treat it as def info.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 12:54 - Aug 31 with 7026 viewsHerbivore

I'm curious, how bad are things within the club on 12:42 - Aug 31 by thatdamgood89

I've seen lots of unsubstantiated claims over the last 48 hours...thankfully we will know soon enough.

It's important to analyse your sources and to, wherever possible, check them against what you can see with your own eyes. On that basis I think the use of "unsubstantiated" is a bit off. Firstly, the posters who have been discussing morale in the camp are known to be reliable and not "def info" day trippers. They know people close enough to the situation for their views to be credible.

Secondly, there are enough little snippets in how things are being conducted at the club to suggest it is not a harmonious place. Taylor went full Hurst on Saturday and I'd question why we got the monkey and not the organ grinder. There have been a few odd barbed comments about some of the youngsters, some of whom have then been snubbed. It's not what you'd expect from a happy and functioning dressing room. Rewind to January and you have the owner and senior pros having to tell Lambert how to do his job and to stop pissing about with rotation. You then have some very prickly news conferences from Lambert during which he happily throws some of his players under the bus. Again, not the kind of things one might expect when everything is fine at the club.

Taking all that together I don't think you can just brush off the idea that things aren't right behind the scenes and it dismiss it as all being "unsubstantiated claims". I think anyone that really wants to look can see we're a bit of a mess right now.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2020 12:57]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024