Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This briefing 11:08 - Sep 21 with 7661 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Why is he talking about what would happen if the cases were to double for the next few weeks every day? Telling us on what could perhaps happen maybe. Scaremongering.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Here's the thing Rommers on 11:10 - Sep 21 with 2897 viewsDyland

Without any scaremongering of any kind, cases will soon start to more than double every day ;)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

This briefing on 11:12 - Sep 21 with 2882 viewssurreyblue

Aren't they talking about what would happen if cases doubled every week, not every day? i.e., continuing with the current trend? Don't see how that is scaremongering, particularly with the appropriate caveats they are giving?
This briefing on 11:13 - Sep 21 with 2876 viewsSteve_M

Because if behaviours do not change then that could well happen. We took things far too easily in March and the result was dreadful, rapid increase in cases, hosipitalisiations and deaths.

Hospitalisations are already increasing notably - though still well below those in the Spring - and that increases the likelihood of deaths increasing as they already have in Spain.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

This briefing on 11:13 - Sep 21 with 2860 viewsElderGrizzly

Because cases HAVE been doubling every 7 to 8 days already
This briefing on 11:14 - Sep 21 with 2862 viewsuefacup81

Because people need to know the potential consequences.

Nobody wants a second nationwide lockdown, and the best way to prevent that is to make as many people aware that it is currently a distinct possibility.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

This briefing on 11:14 - Sep 21 with 2857 viewsJakeITFC

The decisions made today influence the infection rates in two weeks time.
This briefing on 11:21 - Sep 21 with 2817 viewsOldsmoker

The conspiracy theory that 5G masts were spreading covid-19 has now been debunked.
However, not wanting to start a new conspiracy theory, but there does seem to be a tentative link to Boris Johnson opening his mouth and speaking.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

This briefing on 11:44 - Sep 21 with 2741 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

This briefing on 11:13 - Sep 21 by ElderGrizzly

Very convenient that today they decided to have the two medical people on the tv telling everyone how bad it could maybe become (up fo 200 a day deaths apparently. Even though over 1000 was frequent in April). And then there will be restrictions announced in the days after this very well timed briefing. Convenient.

You just know this week they’re going to shut the pubs and ban crowds from sport again. Basically everyone must work throughout but any fun will be banned.

Login to get fewer ads

This briefing on 11:47 - Sep 21 with 2711 viewsLankHenners

This briefing on 11:44 - Sep 21 by The_Romford_Blue

Very convenient that today they decided to have the two medical people on the tv telling everyone how bad it could maybe become (up fo 200 a day deaths apparently. Even though over 1000 was frequent in April). And then there will be restrictions announced in the days after this very well timed briefing. Convenient.

You just know this week they’re going to shut the pubs and ban crowds from sport again. Basically everyone must work throughout but any fun will be banned.

Please elaborate on what exactly you think the conspiracy you're alluding to is. The obvious Occam's Razor is that if tighter restrictions are to come in, it makes perfect sense to ground them with scientific knowledge and data delivered by two highly respected professionals.

The glove fits but that 2nd paragraph is a very childish way of looking at things.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

This briefing on 11:49 - Sep 21 with 2704 viewsJ2BLUE

They are saying how bad it could become because we need to hear it. Start rolling a snowball and to begin with it's not very big. Eventually it will be. We are just being told to stop rolling it while we have the chance.

I'm sorry mate but I have to say it. You're coming across like someone who's having a tantrum because it's going to get in the way of your social life. The reasons have been clearly explained.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This briefing on 11:49 - Sep 21 with 2698 viewsDanTheMan

"And then there will be restrictions announced in the days after this very well timed briefing. Convenient."

Some say they are actually linked.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

This briefing on 11:51 - Sep 21 with 2673 viewsBloomBlue

But work is fun isn't it?
This briefing on 11:51 - Sep 21 with 2653 viewsElderGrizzly

This briefing on 11:47 - Sep 21 by LankHenners

Please elaborate on what exactly you think the conspiracy you're alluding to is. The obvious Occam's Razor is that if tighter restrictions are to come in, it makes perfect sense to ground them with scientific knowledge and data delivered by two highly respected professionals.

The glove fits but that 2nd paragraph is a very childish way of looking at things.

We’ve asked them to follow the science. They do, then a certain cross-section decide it was the wrong science as it doesn’t suit their lifestyle
This briefing on 11:55 - Sep 21 with 2636 viewshomer_123

This briefing on 11:13 - Sep 21 by Steve_M

Because if behaviours do not change then that could well happen. We took things far too easily in March and the result was dreadful, rapid increase in cases, hosipitalisiations and deaths.

Hospitalisations are already increasing notably - though still well below those in the Spring - and that increases the likelihood of deaths increasing as they already have in Spain.

and we well know that many people simply now ignore the current restrictions.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I expect that a..... on 11:55 - Sep 21 with 2634 viewsBloots

....."very badly timed briefing" would have been fairly pointless.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

This briefing on 11:57 - Sep 21 with 2610 viewshomer_123

Crikeys Rommy - what's got into you?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

This briefing on 12:02 - Sep 21 with 2591 viewsEly_Blue

This briefing on 11:13 - Sep 21 by ElderGrizzly

Only in certain parts of the country.

There are large parts of the east and south/south west where the numbers are actually falling week on week

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

This briefing on 12:07 - Sep 21 with 2553 viewsJ2BLUE

This briefing on 12:02 - Sep 21 by Ely_Blue

There are large parts of the east and south/south west where the numbers are actually falling week on week

For how long though? We waited for the virus to get here as we watched it ravage Italy. I doubt it's going to stop at the Anglian border.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This briefing on 12:10 - Sep 21 with 2520 viewsElderGrizzly

This briefing on 12:02 - Sep 21 by Ely_Blue

True, but we can only get so local in restrictions.

For example in Ely where we both are, we are seeing cases declining. More than outweighed by other parts of the country

[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 12:11]
This briefing on 12:11 - Sep 21 with 2516 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

This briefing on 11:49 - Sep 21 by J2BLUE

They are saying how bad it could become because we need to hear it. Start rolling a snowball and to begin with it's not very big. Eventually it will be. We are just being told to stop rolling it while we have the chance.

I'm sorry mate but I have to say it. You're coming across like someone who's having a tantrum because it's going to get in the way of your social life. The reasons have been clearly explained.

You’re correct.

I don’t think the mental health of the nation is being considered in any way whatsoever by the government.

This briefing on 12:11 - Sep 21 with 2511 viewsEly_Blue

Have you listened to yourself lately?

You’re sounding like a bit of a self centred idiot.

If people were following the guidelines in the first place then much of what is being discussed now wouldn’t be necessary but when people hold large multi household gatherings with no social distancing at all, combined with people either not isolating when sick or quarantining when they returned from hotspots such as Spain what did you expect?

I suspect that the “uncontrolled” events such as mixing households will be banned, we can control supermarkets, public transport and even sporting events through them being in COVID safe/controlled environments, the same can be said of schools and work place environments.

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

This briefing on 12:11 - Sep 21 with 2505 viewsBrixtonBlue

This briefing on 11:57 - Sep 21 by homer_123

Crikeys Rommy - what's got into you?

Youth.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

This briefing on 12:12 - Sep 21 with 2492 viewsElderGrizzly

This briefing on 12:11 - Sep 21 by The_Romford_Blue

You’re correct.

I don’t think the mental health of the nation is being considered in any way whatsoever by the government.

Apart from he mentioned it in the briefing
This briefing on 12:13 - Sep 21 with 2493 viewsBrixtonBlue

This briefing on 11:49 - Sep 21 by J2BLUE

Indeed. It's this sort of attitude that's got us into this problem.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

This briefing on 12:13 - Sep 21 with 2483 viewsAce_High1

This briefing on 12:11 - Sep 21 by The_Romford_Blue

You’re correct.

Needs must mate, we can survive without going to the pub or the football, we cannot survive if we get the virus and it spreads at an alarming rate, killing the vulnerable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024