Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week 19:56 - Sep 20 with 3933 viewskizaitfc

If so any ideas how and when the 1,000 selected will be announced?

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 20:12 - Sep 20 with 3592 viewsIllinoisblue

Imagine if we don’t sell out...

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 20:19 - Sep 20 with 3568 viewsSteve_M

It was never confirmed and, given the likelihood of increased restrictions in much of England, it's highly unlikely to happen soon.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 20:24 - Sep 20 with 3545 viewsEly_Blue

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 20:19 - Sep 20 by Steve_M

It was never confirmed and, given the likelihood of increased restrictions in much of England, it's highly unlikely to happen soon.

I’d say it will happen.

The areas that are being restricted are the “uncontrolled” ones such as household gatherings etc.

If restricted football crowds take place under COVID safe conditions then it is as safe as going out to the shops for the afternoon surely?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 20:31 - Sep 20 with 3529 viewsAce_High1

Why would you want to go? Will be like a friendly atmosphere and then all the hassle with getting in etc, just watch at home.
So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 20:32 - Sep 20 with 3523 viewsFtnfwest

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 20:24 - Sep 20 by Ely_Blue

I’d say it will happen.

The areas that are being restricted are the “uncontrolled” ones such as household gatherings etc.

If restricted football crowds take place under COVID safe conditions then it is as safe as going out to the shops for the afternoon surely?

Depends how things go in the next few days I expect. Last week the whole of eastern England, Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambs, Herts, Beds, Essex with a population of about 5.5m had the same number of cases as Bolton, with a population of 190,000. Plus with 390 secondary schools for starters as opposed to 19, debunks the theory that it’s because of the schools. Unless those in Bolton are 30:times worse at controlling COVID.
So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 20:33 - Sep 20 with 3522 viewsSitfcB

1. Never announced fans can attend.
2. Be surprised if it happens.
3. If it does happen will find out early this week shirley.
4. Some clubs did first come first served, some did a ballot.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 20:33]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 20:35 - Sep 20 with 3502 viewsITFC_Forever

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 20:31 - Sep 20 by Ace_High1

Why would you want to go? Will be like a friendly atmosphere and then all the hassle with getting in etc, just watch at home.

Because we’re Ipswich fans and want to see our team play football.

I can’t wait to go back... but I also understand if the trial / test events need to be halted due to the bigger picture.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 20:37 - Sep 20 with 3481 viewsEly_Blue

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 20:32 - Sep 20 by Ftnfwest

Depends how things go in the next few days I expect. Last week the whole of eastern England, Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambs, Herts, Beds, Essex with a population of about 5.5m had the same number of cases as Bolton, with a population of 190,000. Plus with 390 secondary schools for starters as opposed to 19, debunks the theory that it’s because of the schools. Unless those in Bolton are 30:times worse at controlling COVID.

I would hazard a guess that it could well be down to a few things such as density of population, demographic of population, ethnicity of population (in terms of extended family size units) amongst other things

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Login to get fewer ads

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 20:54 - Sep 20 with 3403 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 20:32 - Sep 20 by Ftnfwest

Or unless there were already more cases in Bolton to start with as I pointed out when you posted the same statistics the other day.

You do not appear to understand how viruses spread.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 20:57 - Sep 20 with 3378 viewsElderGrizzly

More trouble that its worth for the club. Can’t see it happening.

Plus we’ve got Johnson with a ‘big’ announcement on Prime Time TV Tuesday, so that will probably scupper most things for a while
So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 21:01 - Sep 20 with 3379 viewsemmaroyds

My mate told me that Norwich did a lucky dip. They had about a day to register interest then it was all down to a ballot on Thursday.

I have no idea how they distributed the tickets because they didn't get one.
So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 21:22 - Sep 20 with 3299 viewsJ2BLUE

I think you need a signed note from Bluebell confirming you're a real fan.

No reason ours shouldn't go ahead really as Ipswich is an area with low cases. For now anyway...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 21:25 - Sep 20 with 3273 views26_Paz

Absolutely should go ahead, need to be getting fans back ASAP

The Paz Man

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 21:34 - Sep 20 with 3255 viewsBloomBlue

It will be the 1000 fans who normally moan the most, well if they can 1000 Town fans who moan.
So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 22:03 - Sep 20 with 3196 viewsBergholt_Blue

I was talking to someone who works at the club and said will be 1,000 fans picked and will be in Coop stand

Poll: Will you be renewing your season ticket

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 22:15 - Sep 20 with 3152 viewsJ2BLUE

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 22:03 - Sep 20 by Bergholt_Blue

I was talking to someone who works at the club and said will be 1,000 fans picked and will be in Coop stand

That makes perfect sense. We must be fairly unique in having a large outdoor area for pop up shops, toilet facilities and distancing within the stadium boundaries.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 22:31 - Sep 20 with 3108 viewsSarge

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 20:24 - Sep 20 by Ely_Blue

I’d say it will happen.

It’s already safer than the shops ffs.

2m apart from other groups of people in the stands, could hold far more than 1000 and I’m sure split over all stands and all turnstiles, could get them safely in and out. Blanket 1000 is ridiculous anyway, that’s 1/30th of Portman Road but 1/8th of Cambridge’s ground.

Football is for the working class, the ones this government despises. After all you can still have more than 6 people go to a grouse shoot.
So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 22:46 - Sep 20 with 3062 viewsjeera

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 22:31 - Sep 20 by Sarge

It’s already safer than the shops ffs.

2m apart from other groups of people in the stands, could hold far more than 1000 and I’m sure split over all stands and all turnstiles, could get them safely in and out. Blanket 1000 is ridiculous anyway, that’s 1/30th of Portman Road but 1/8th of Cambridge’s ground.

Football is for the working class, the ones this government despises. After all you can still have more than 6 people go to a grouse shoot.

I have to say it doesn't make sense to not allow a percentage of each ground's capacity.

Even if it starts at 10% as a trial run to see how things can be managed.

Perhaps though it wouldn't be worthwhile with potential costs involved to open up more stands for such a low intake.

But yes, seating wise it should be possible to space fans 3-4 seats groups apart.

Getting them through the gates might be the biggest problem, but even then I'm sure people would conform to staggered entry times if they thought it would get them to a live game.

Dunno.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 23:23 - Sep 20 with 3004 viewsStenvict

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 20:31 - Sep 20 by Ace_High1

IFollow is sh1t. Watching the games in the stadium is 100x better. Also, it'll be a better atmosphere than my living room.

Poll: What will be announced first?

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 07:37 - Sep 21 with 2819 viewsportmanking

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 21:01 - Sep 20 by emmaroyds

My mate told me that Norwich did a lucky dip. They had about a day to register interest then it was all down to a ballot on Thursday.

You should already know that Norwich did a lucky dip, given that you're a Budgie yourself...
So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 08:58 - Sep 21 with 2706 viewsBluebell

I can’t see it happening but would love to be one of the 1000 if it does.

On that theme, when are the season tickets and refunds being sent out? I want a fixture card!
So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 12:10 - Sep 21 with 2564 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 07:37 - Sep 21 by portmanking

You should already know that Norwich did a lucky dip, given that you're a Budgie yourself...

Norwich 1000!
At one point after a goal the social distancing was forgotten all jumping around in their bubble of 50 fans a lot without masks!
So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 13:12 - Sep 21 with 2499 viewsbackwaywhen

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 21:01 - Sep 20 by emmaroyds

Very strange arrangement at Norwich , looking at tv coverage they where all put into lower part of Jarrold stand in the first say 12 rows and looked really close together ?
So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 14:45 - Sep 21 with 2380 viewsxrayspecs

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 13:12 - Sep 21 by backwaywhen

Very strange arrangement at Norwich , looking at tv coverage they where all put into lower part of Jarrold stand in the first say 12 rows and looked really close together ?

Was just one family
So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 18:53 - Sep 21 with 2272 viewscarlisleaway

So is the 1,000 fans thing on next week on 14:45 - Sep 21 by xrayspecs

Was just one family

Would help if we received our season tickets
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024