Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... 11:20 - Dec 4 with 3170 viewsclive_baker

Told myself tomorrow afternoon will be my goodbye for now to a club I've been passionate about since I can remember. I'll watch a final 90 minutes tomorrow for some temporary closure, and of course hope that we're victorious, but win, lose or draw I'll be checking out with the full time whistle.

I'll be completely clear, I'm not checking the club out of my heart, that will always remain and I hope and fully expect to re-engage in the future, I hope that's the case for many of us. The life of a football club is a journey rather than a destination, and I won't allow ME and PL to be the reason. I was here long before either of them thank you, I won't allow them the courtesy of letting them dictate that to me. The club was here well before them and will be here well after they've gone, they're merely custodians for a period. As bad as it feels now, I'm confident that good times can return some day, in some form.

However, I am checking out of my support for the current regime, and won't be contributing a single penny more towards the club until this situation is resolved. I'll be cancelling my DD tomorrow and will follow that up with an explanation to the club as to why. As an Ipswich Town supporter we've become accustomed to disappointment, but I've always expected certain standards to be maintained, and the recent treatment of local press and communications and disregard for supporters is unforgivable for me.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 11:23 - Dec 4 with 3122 viewsMrTown

Such a shame, but understandable, and you won’t be alone.

You are a good poster, very knowledgeable on the game so will be a shame to lose a goodun’.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 11:24 - Dec 4 with 3113 viewsfooters

Sad, isn't it? In recent years when we've been watching games, me and friends have often joked 'what are we doing, why are we even watching?' in that typical Ipswich gallows humour way. But it's true, what is the point? We've given as much as we can and we're getting sod all back for it. Such a shame.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 11:35 - Dec 4 with 3062 viewsSteve_M

I'm not quite at the same stage yet, don't intend cancelling this season ticket but I can see little point in getting one next season. And even that sounds daft, it will be over a year without bring able to watch football normally by then.

However anyone who invested in a season ticket this year did so for the good of the club in a difficult period. The reaction to that from the club has not exactly been one of gratitude. The enforced breaking of the habit of watching matches is bad one for lower division football in general but particularly so for clubs where fans have had little to enjoy over many seasons.

Anyway, all that is to say that I understand your logic and hope it won;t be long until you can come back. It might be though but it's probably the only way to force anything out of Evans.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 12:02 - Dec 4 with 2952 viewsclive_baker

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 11:23 - Dec 4 by MrTown

Such a shame, but understandable, and you won’t be alone.

You are a good poster, very knowledgeable on the game so will be a shame to lose a goodun’.

Cheers, you too.

I'll still be chatting nonsense on here no doubt, but the increasing amount I feel like merely a customer, the increasing degree to which I'll act like one.

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 12:03 - Dec 4 with 2948 viewsClareBlue

Less than a year ago I flew from Ireland with my son, as I have done numerous times before, watched Town win 4-1, stayed in Ipswich and spent money on local businesses, flew the next day to Germany to watch the 5 a side tournament, flew back to Ireland ready for the next game 6 days later.

I have done these sort of trips for 40 years as first a Yorkshire based fan and then an Irish based fan and whilst success is no very rare, we always have fun and meet people and see places we wouldn't have in the usual order of things. (I mean, you wouldn't really be in Rochdale for any other reason, but to delight we found out Gracie Fields is from there when we were visiting last year, which lead to some googling and interesting facts about her life). The History of Fleetwood is pretty interesting and there is only once place to stay in Accrington. All part of the experience.

Last Tuesday I wasn't prepared to pay 12 Euro to support the club after the delusional insulting statements coming from the club and the way they have treated this site, which they do not seem to be able to comprehend is a major player in keeping remote fans connected with the club.

There might be plenty that don't go back after the enforced 9 months away.
I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 12:04 - Dec 4 with 2937 viewsDyland

Totally understandable and reasonable Bakers. And sad innit. I trust you'll continue engaging with TWTD.

Evans Out.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 12:13 - Dec 4 with 2893 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'll be watching the Swans tomorrow. The rest of the family are Swans fans anyway and I also have a battle to get the Towen stream on instead of them, so I don't see the point of going through that hassle. Not really a protest as such, but based on the last few weeks I doubt I'll miss it (cue a 4-0 away win now!).

Besides, if the fans are the problem maybe it's best if we all stayed away

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 12:52 - Dec 4 with 2769 viewsbrogansnose

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 12:13 - Dec 4 by Swansea_Blue

I'll be watching the Swans tomorrow. The rest of the family are Swans fans anyway and I also have a battle to get the Towen stream on instead of them, so I don't see the point of going through that hassle. Not really a protest as such, but based on the last few weeks I doubt I'll miss it (cue a 4-0 away win now!).

Besides, if the fans are the problem maybe it's best if we all stayed away

Well, Marcus reckons that we're not seeing the full picture anyway so unless you've got a 75 metre screen like he has then its a waste of time.
Login to get fewer ads

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 13:05 - Dec 4 with 2706 viewsSpruceMoose

Good post brother.

I won't be watching tomorrow. For the last four years the 10 o'clock Saturday kickoff has been the one constant link to back home in my life. I've really valued that little window into my old life, the in-game texts with old friends, the memories of the days when I'd have been there in person, memories of my father before he passed. It's a whole life that I've been able to revisit and keep alive once or twice a week. It's really helped me through some homesick times.

But I've realised that it now makes me more sad than it makes me happy. It's become a toxic relationship. All it does is sour my weekend and to be honest my wife deserves better than a pissed off and miserable husband every Saturday lunchtime.

So see you later ITFC. I'll check you out again when/if you get your act together. In the meantime I'll get my taste of home and footballing camaraderie from the community on here.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 13:06 - Dec 4 with 2700 viewsHerbivore

I'm with you. Didn't renew this season due to moving but have been watching most games on iPlayer. I decided a couple of games ago that I was done putting money into a club that doesn't care about its fans and recent events have just compounded that. Unbelievable what is going on at the club right now.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 17:56 - Dec 5 with 2459 viewsYallop

At least you went out on a high
I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 17:58 - Dec 5 with 2442 viewsfooters

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 17:56 - Dec 5 by Yallop

Give it a rest.

We won to a sh1t Plymouth side with ten men in League One. If that papers over the cracks at this club for you, then keep crowing.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 18:24 - Dec 5 with 2365 viewsCoastalblue

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 17:58 - Dec 5 by footers

Give it a rest.

We won to a sh1t Plymouth side with ten men in League One. If that papers over the cracks at this club for you, then keep crowing.

Can't believe Yallop was crowing, or have I missed something?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 18:35 - Dec 5 with 2328 viewsYallop

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 18:24 - Dec 5 by Coastalblue

Can't believe Yallop was crowing, or have I missed something?

Was my first and last! Just a bit irated by the extreme negativity in the craziest year we've ever known.

I'll pipe back down.
I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 18:36 - Dec 5 with 2323 viewsN2_Blue

Totally get where you are coming from CB...and i feel exactly the same. Except i didn't even watch today.

I'm glad we won but i'm not sad i didn't watch the game and i didn't actually really miss it.

I will not commit a single penny to the current regime at ITFC.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 18:38 - Dec 5 with 2302 viewsclive_baker

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 17:56 - Dec 5 by Yallop

Average performance from a depleted team but good result nonetheless.

Cancelling my DD now, will be following from a distance for the rest of this season but no longer funding. Can't agree with how the club has treated the local press or handled the fallout.

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 19:12 - Dec 5 with 2198 viewsYallop

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 18:38 - Dec 5 by clive_baker

Average performance from a depleted team but good result nonetheless.

Cancelling my DD now, will be following from a distance for the rest of this season but no longer funding. Can't agree with how the club has treated the local press or handled the fallout.

Ah well I genuinely hope you are back there soon.

My two penneth for what it's worth on all the issues

1)After no live Town since March there's no way I'll give up my season ticket now.
2) I can't stand Lambert never have done but while he's here and we're around the top 4 we should lay off him. Especially with the current injury situation.
3) Evans clearly regrets giving the jock a 5 year deal. He offered it when we were on a high but by the time Lambert signed we were on a poor run, so I get it'd been difficult to withdraw the offer.
4) Until Evans is turning down offers to sell the club any protests against him are pointless and will just add to the negativity which ultimately when we're in the stadium will be to our detriment result wise. Our young lads will just fold in that atmosphere.
5) It's harsh on Phil and he clearly should be allowed back but defo team news before 2pm on a Saturday irritates the hell out of me and I can see why it would the club so a way to stop it needs to be found.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2020 19:14]
I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 19:19 - Dec 5 with 2154 viewsDanTheMan

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 19:12 - Dec 5 by Yallop

1)After no live Town since March there's no way I'll give up my season ticket now.
2) I can't stand Lambert never have done but while he's here and we're around the top 4 we should lay off him. Especially with the current injury situation.
3) Evans clearly regrets giving the jock a 5 year deal. He offered it when we were on a high but by the time Lambert signed we were on a poor run, so I get it'd been difficult to withdraw the offer.
4) Until Evans is turning down offers to sell the club any protests against him are pointless and will just add to the negativity which ultimately when we're in the stadium will be to our detriment result wise. Our young lads will just fold in that atmosphere.
5) It's harsh on Phil and he clearly should be allowed back but defo team news before 2pm on a Saturday irritates the hell out of me and I can see why it would the club so a way to stop it needs to be found.

" but defo team news before 2pm on a Saturday irritates the hell out of me and I can see why it would the club so a way to stop it needs to be found."

It has fúck all to do with Phil. It's been going on years.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 19:47 - Dec 5 with 2058 viewstractorboy1978

You’ll never stop it leaking. But I suspect people are wise to not posting it on here now.
I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 19:49 - Dec 5 with 2038 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Point 3.

Why would it be difficult to withdraw the offer? The team's form had turned badly and at the very least altering the terms would have been an option. Lambert had sat on it and chosen not to sign it. Was he waiting for a better offer and using it as bargaining power? His team's drop in form would have weakened that position and a reduction in what was on offer would have been perfectly reasonable. Indeed, a wise businessman would have put clauses into the contract that meant staying down would have left parting of the ways as a reasonably cheap option.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 19:57 - Dec 5 with 1961 viewsGavTWTD

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 19:47 - Dec 5 by tractorboy1978

You’ll never stop it leaking. But I suspect people are wise to not posting it on here now.

Why? The problem is in house. Just tell the people leaking it to stop. Really don’t think it’s rocket science. Restrict the number of people that knows. If it still gets out then you know who it is.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 20:01 - Dec 5 with 1917 viewsclive_baker

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 19:57 - Dec 5 by GavTWTD

Why? The problem is in house. Just tell the people leaking it to stop. Really don’t think it’s rocket science. Restrict the number of people that knows. If it still gets out then you know who it is.

100%.

It's the equivalent of blaming a wall for graffiti.

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 20:22 - Dec 5 with 1831 viewstractorboy1978

I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 19:57 - Dec 5 by GavTWTD

I’m not knocking anyone on here. It’s not TWTD responsibility at all!

I just think it’s living in a dream world to think not one single person inside/outside the club that hasn’t been explicitly told the team will find it out. People talk on a training ground - it’s like any office environment. And are parents and relatives of some of the young local lads not gonna be told until 2pm on match day I f they are playing for example?

Leak makes it sound malicious when in reality it probably really isn’t.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2020 20:23]
I'm opting out of ITFC tomorrow night... on 20:57 - Dec 5 with 1697 viewsBiGDonnie

It’s only a game lad!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024