Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement 22:33 - Feb 13 with 2746 viewsSitfcB

Took him a while.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 22:40 - Feb 13 with 2668 viewsDubtractor

They definitely read everything on social media don't they?

"It was actual Paul Lambert's idea to try and play the game on Sunday".

It may well have been his suggestion, but that feels like a deliberate response to the criticism online this afternoon.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 22:47 - Feb 13 with 2624 viewsDublinBlue84

So the club are saying that Lambert wanted the match on but things conspired against him, that is s a little bit confusing as all of the noises that were coming out of Shrewsbury earlier appeared to be that the EFL and Shrewsbury wanted the game on but we didn't.

Unfortunately reading that statement it almost comes across as an attempt to generate positive PR for Lambert.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 22:52]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 22:48 - Feb 13 with 2602 viewsHerbivore

Hmmmm.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 22:50 - Feb 13 with 2590 viewsDublinBlue84

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 22:40 - Feb 13 by Dubtractor

It may well have been his suggestion, but that feels like a deliberate response to the criticism online this afternoon.

It doesn't tally with what else has been said earlier.

There's a lot to be read in between the lines of lines of that statement as well, especially in the bottom few paragraphs.

The paranoia that has been talked about in the last few months inside the club is alive and well.

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 22:51 - Feb 13 with 2573 viewsGarv

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 22:40 - Feb 13 by Dubtractor

The fact that they even need to defend it is a farce.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 22:52 - Feb 13 with 2559 viewsFixed_It

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 22:50 - Feb 13 by DublinBlue84

It doesn't tally with what else has been said earlier.

There's a lot to be read in between the lines of lines of that statement as well, especially in the bottom few paragraphs.

The paranoia that has been talked about in the last few months inside the club is alive and well.

Just read this thread and you see why they might be paranoid!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 22:57 - Feb 13 with 2525 viewsDublinBlue84

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 22:52 - Feb 13 by Fixed_It

Just read this thread and you see why they might be paranoid!

It may very well have been his idea but the trouble with this club right now is nothing would really surprise you at the end of the day.

It probably comes down to this. They hotel they stayed in was of a very high standard and the many open hotels were not of such a high standard, either of food or accommodation so it was decided that rather than take a lower standard, they'd go home.

They haven'trained for a day, it's Valentines Day tomorrow and it's still going to be freezing so it doesn't really make it that appeasing for our lads to stay in a hotel that is beneath them without the kind of meals they are used to and play a game. I can understand why some might feel like that.

Lets not dress it up, if this would have been at a smaller club on a normal day, the match would be on tomorrow.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 22:58]

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 22:59 - Feb 13 with 2510 viewsGarv

Presumably we're meant to criticise this too?

Login to get fewer ads

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 23:01 - Feb 13 with 2479 viewsBlueBadger

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 22:59 - Feb 13 by Garv

Pffft, like you'd ever criticise Lambo anyway.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 23:11 - Feb 13 with 2423 viewsHerbivore

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 22:59 - Feb 13 by Garv

Do what you like, mate.

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 23:20 - Feb 13 with 2386 viewsPhilTWTD

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 22:47 - Feb 13 by DublinBlue84

So the club are saying that Lambert wanted the match on but things conspired against him, that is s a little bit confusing as all of the noises that were coming out of Shrewsbury earlier appeared to be that the EFL and Shrewsbury wanted the game on but we didn't.

Unfortunately reading that statement it almost comes across as an attempt to generate positive PR for Lambert.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 22:52]

I didn't get the impression the Shrews chief exec 'blamed' Town for the game not going ahead tomorrow, he cited hotel issues the same as LON in his chat with the press. Can't see why Town wouldn't have wanted the game played tomorrow given the fixture pile-up.
Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 23:24 - Feb 13 with 2358 viewsGarv

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 23:11 - Feb 13 by Herbivore

Do what you like, mate.

It seems the smart thing to do.

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 23:32 - Feb 13 with 2326 viewsDublinBlue84

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 23:20 - Feb 13 by PhilTWTD

I didn't get the impression the Shrews chief exec 'blamed' Town for the game not going ahead tomorrow, he cited hotel issues the same as LON in his chat with the press. Can't see why Town wouldn't have wanted the game played tomorrow given the fixture pile-up.

Of course, I wasn't implying that anyone had blamed anyone, just that the initial noises seemed to suggest that Shrewsbury and the EFL were keen for the game to go-ahead and we were less so. I

I would imagine if they could have got the same hotel and these were in normal times the game would be going ahead. But as has been said elsewhere, pre-match preparation would be carefully planned with meals, chef, food etc, so it's understandable why they would not want to decamp to another hotel for a night, even if available, as their original hotel could not accommodate them.

What annoys me the most is you're now going to hear Lambert using the games in hand to defend himself from any criticism (if we win them we will be x points off etc) and also use the fixture pile up as something else to beat back any criticism with which is just going to probably prolong the period before the necessary change is made.

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 23:38 - Feb 13 with 2318 viewsPhilTWTD

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 23:32 - Feb 13 by DublinBlue84

Of course, I wasn't implying that anyone had blamed anyone, just that the initial noises seemed to suggest that Shrewsbury and the EFL were keen for the game to go-ahead and we were less so. I

I would imagine if they could have got the same hotel and these were in normal times the game would be going ahead. But as has been said elsewhere, pre-match preparation would be carefully planned with meals, chef, food etc, so it's understandable why they would not want to decamp to another hotel for a night, even if available, as their original hotel could not accommodate them.

What annoys me the most is you're now going to hear Lambert using the games in hand to defend himself from any criticism (if we win them we will be x points off etc) and also use the fixture pile up as something else to beat back any criticism with which is just going to probably prolong the period before the necessary change is made.

I think the tweet from the Shrews journo inadvertently gave the wrong impression, to be honest. The hotels issue did seem to be the only thing standing in the way of it taking place.
Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 02:01 - Feb 14 with 2142 viewspointofblue

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 23:01 - Feb 13 by BlueBadger

Pffft, like you'd ever criticise Lambo anyway.

There’s enough to criticise Lambert about without creating stuff too.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 09:05 - Feb 14 with 1925 viewsTractorWood

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 22:57 - Feb 13 by DublinBlue84

It may very well have been his idea but the trouble with this club right now is nothing would really surprise you at the end of the day.

It probably comes down to this. They hotel they stayed in was of a very high standard and the many open hotels were not of such a high standard, either of food or accommodation so it was decided that rather than take a lower standard, they'd go home.

They haven'trained for a day, it's Valentines Day tomorrow and it's still going to be freezing so it doesn't really make it that appeasing for our lads to stay in a hotel that is beneath them without the kind of meals they are used to and play a game. I can understand why some might feel like that.

Lets not dress it up, if this would have been at a smaller club on a normal day, the match would be on tomorrow.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 22:58]

No way. We played Tuesday, it feels very remote that we would have been allowed to play Sunday Tuesday. It's just escapism.

I'll say it again. It's ridiculous we insist on playing through British winter. I've always found this stupid. No idea why don't just play the season from March to November, when you know the weather is broadly reasonable.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 09:25 - Feb 14 with 1875 viewsAce_High1

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 09:05 - Feb 14 by TractorWood

No way. We played Tuesday, it feels very remote that we would have been allowed to play Sunday Tuesday. It's just escapism.

I'll say it again. It's ridiculous we insist on playing through British winter. I've always found this stupid. No idea why don't just play the season from March to November, when you know the weather is broadly reasonable.

I have often thought the same. Used to think this when I had a ST sitting in the freezing cold watching games in December and January.

Summer matches are much more enjoyable, having a day out, in the beer garden etc, we should play Mar - Nov.
Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 15:08 - Feb 14 with 1647 viewsGarv

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 09:05 - Feb 14 by TractorWood

Possibility of fans being lost to other sports e.g Cricket, golf?

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 15:10 - Feb 14 with 1645 viewsTractorWood

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 09:25 - Feb 14 by Ace_High1

I have often thought the same. Used to think this when I had a ST sitting in the freezing cold watching games in December and January.

Summer matches are much more enjoyable, having a day out, in the beer garden etc, we should play Mar - Nov.

Someone raised Millwall away from a few years ago in mid August in another thread. Balmy evening. Beers in the city. Awesome day.

I remember Birmingham home a few years (Boxing day maybe) and Middlesbrough when someone broke a rib on the frozen pitch, then postponed. Madness.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 16:52 - Feb 14 with 1535 viewsdeano85

"if we had been in ‘normal’ times, then I think it may have happened... "

Odd, because in normal times, there would be fans... And im guessing they wouldn't have been happy staying over...
Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 17:16 - Feb 14 with 1483 viewsWD19

So last weeks story was that we haven’t got enough games and need to invent friendlies to give everyone a run out.

Postpone one game and now we have got a ‘fixture pile up’.

It’s fking amateur hour. Every hour. Forever.
Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 23:56 - Feb 14 with 1312 viewsGarv

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 09:25 - Feb 14 by Ace_High1

Play off games in the freezing cold? No thanks.

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 07:21 - Feb 15 with 1169 viewsHerbivore

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 23:56 - Feb 14 by Garv

Play offs? Us?

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 07:23 - Feb 15 with 1167 viewstextbackup

Lee O’Neill on Shrewsbury postponement on 23:56 - Feb 14 by Garv

you'll be watching Charlton vs acc Stanley on the tv, so the weather wont matter

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024