Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state 09:49 - Feb 18 with 2111 viewschrismakin

Sat in his luxury Bermuda home. Trying to figure out how to make money from the upcoming Olympics after losing Millions over the past year.

He has much bigger fish to fry than a tiny football club on his portfolio where he can just keep his annual direct debit going to keep it afloat.

The fact he wasnt even present at the club on tuesday is shocking. The silence from himself since his last statement is another example of how he literally gives no shts about this annoyance to his life.

The rugby loving, Bermuda living tycoon has no interest into the life of ITFC and I think it's a sad fact we are all going to have to get used to that in 5/6years time we are going to be a conference football club.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 9:49]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 09:57 - Feb 18 with 1618 viewsMattinLondon

I’m sure he cares about the tens of millions he has lost and has no hope of clawing back.

He has no idea how to run a football club and is too egotistical and stubborn to employ people who do (and will probably want to pay peanuts as well).
I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 09:59 - Feb 18 with 1595 viewschrismakin

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 09:57 - Feb 18 by MattinLondon

I’m sure he cares about the tens of millions he has lost and has no hope of clawing back.

He has no idea how to run a football club and is too egotistical and stubborn to employ people who do (and will probably want to pay peanuts as well).

Doubt it he wont be sat looking at his statement he will just have his accountant ticking things.

The money he puts into town is small change in comparison to other owners

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:00 - Feb 18 with 1580 viewsjeera

You come out with some funny things.

Battered, fish to fry eh? Say that's deliberate.

There's no argument that he's not a dreadful owner but to suggest anyone is happy to lose money the way he has/does is daft.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:00 - Feb 18 with 1586 viewstextbackup

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 09:57 - Feb 18 by MattinLondon

this is the thing, it really is as simple as scouting out a real footballing CEO, getting him/her in, and watching how things start to improve. if he wanted to he could fix this whole mess with 1/2 key appointments.

so why isn't he doing this

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:01 - Feb 18 with 1576 viewsTIB

Bergkamp and Larsson seen on a jet heading for Bermuda. Def info.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:01 - Feb 18 with 1571 viewsBent_double

I'd go as far as to say that he's absolutely loving all the media attention that he and the club are getting. No such thing as bad publicity, eh?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:16 - Feb 18 with 1490 viewschrismakin

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:00 - Feb 18 by jeera

There's no argument that he's not a dreadful owner but to suggest anyone is happy to lose money the way he has/does is daft.

You're right it's strange that someone would be happy to be lose money. But hes not acting like a man who is worried about it

Hes continued to support Lambert despite what everyone sees. The facts are there for him to see yet he continues to ignore it.

Without any changes he will continue to lose money.. so yes it's fair to say he doesnt care as it means so little to him. We are a great piece of PR for his group as they say even bad PR is good PR.

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:19 - Feb 18 with 1466 viewstractorboy1978

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:00 - Feb 18 by textbackup

this is the thing, it really is as simple as scouting out a real footballing CEO, getting him/her in, and watching how things start to improve. if he wanted to he could fix this whole mess with 1/2 key appointments.

I am absolutely convinced it's ended up costing him more to run the club poorly 'on the cheap' than it would if he'd invested properly in the right people/infrastructure at the start.
Login to get fewer ads

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:20 - Feb 18 with 1452 viewsMookamoo

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:16 - Feb 18 by chrismakin

You're right it's strange that someone would be happy to be lose money. But hes not acting like a man who is worried about it

Hes continued to support Lambert despite what everyone sees. The facts are there for him to see yet he continues to ignore it.

Without any changes he will continue to lose money.. so yes it's fair to say he doesnt care as it means so little to him. We are a great piece of PR for his group as they say even bad PR is good PR.

People like Evans never lose money, they just move the debt about.
I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:21 - Feb 18 with 1445 viewsSwansea_Blue

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:19 - Feb 18 by tractorboy1978

I am absolutely convinced it's ended up costing him more to run the club poorly 'on the cheap' than it would if he'd invested properly in the right people/infrastructure at the start.

Absolutely. All that wasted money in failed signings, pay offs (we seemed to have loads of those when Jewell was here especially). Wasting war chests on managers who turn out to be rubbish. Lost revenue from relegation. Etc., etc.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:21 - Feb 18 with 1445 viewschrismakin

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:20 - Feb 18 by Mookamoo

People like Evans never lose money, they just move the debt about.

That's the thing. He ain't losing money really.

Just keep adding to the debt. Enjoy the PR that comes with owning the club. Use it to sell tickets in sport etc etc

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:21 - Feb 18 with 1440 viewstextbackup

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:19 - Feb 18 by tractorboy1978

yep, everything this club does is so short sighted.

and when certain bits gets pointed out they are met with "there are bigger things to worry about"

im a big believe that all pieces of the puzzle matter, and if you fail in the small bits the bigger pieces fail too

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:23 - Feb 18 with 1429 viewsTJS

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:00 - Feb 18 by textbackup

No idea.
You would think with our budget and the current climate you could find a CEO/DOF at another club who knows the lower leagues inside out, double their salary and get them on board.
I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:27 - Feb 18 with 1393 viewsWeWereZombies

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:00 - Feb 18 by jeera

Deep pockets, all that bread. Crumbs...

But wouldn't he be steaming about Lambert saying he is not going to protect him like he did Lerner. Is some other club about to poach Lambert?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:31 - Feb 18 with 1347 viewsMrTown

I don't think anyone is delighted with losing money - but he certainly gives off the perception that he isn't too bothered.

The problem with him is, he is incompetent to run a football club himself, but isn't willing to delegate enough power for someone more qualified and capable to run it for him.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 10:32]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:40 - Feb 18 with 1320 viewsjeera

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:27 - Feb 18 by WeWereZombies

Deep pockets, all that bread. Crumbs...

But wouldn't he be steaming about Lambert saying he is not going to protect him like he did Lerner. Is some other club about to poach Lambert?

They must be queueing up.

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:57 - Feb 18 with 1269 viewsjeera

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:21 - Feb 18 by chrismakin

That's the thing. He ain't losing money really.

Just keep adding to the debt. Enjoy the PR that comes with owning the club. Use it to sell tickets in sport etc etc

Feel free to explain exactly how it all works in detail.

This has been covered many times, occasionally by accountants too.

They will agree that X amount of losses can be countered here and there, of course, but the view you're offering up is rather simplistic don't you think?

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 11:06 - Feb 18 with 1250 viewsJimmy86

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:31 - Feb 18 by MrTown

I don't think anyone is delighted with losing money - but he certainly gives off the perception that he isn't too bothered.

The problem with him is, he is incompetent to run a football club himself, but isn't willing to delegate enough power for someone more qualified and capable to run it for him.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 10:32]

The only people he has ever appointed to do the day to day running of the club have effectively been a mouth piece for Evans himself. Again, they have not been football men, Clegg, the 2 MD's and even now you could say Lee O'Neil is not really a football man, apart from his work in the academy. Maybe this is what Lambert means about the structure of the club being wrong
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 13:07]
I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 11:25 - Feb 18 with 1199 viewsblueislander

You do know that he doesn’t live in Bermuda don’t you?
I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 11:31 - Feb 18 with 1190 viewsMattinLondon

Ego? Arrogance?
I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 11:45 - Feb 18 with 1147 viewssolemio

If he had been able to bat even an eyelid he would already be on his way to India for the next Test.
I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 11:49 - Feb 18 with 1126 viewschrismakin

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 10:57 - Feb 18 by jeera

Feel free to explain exactly how it all works in detail.

This has been covered many times, occasionally by accountants too.

They will agree that X amount of losses can be countered here and there, of course, but the view you're offering up is rather simplistic don't you think?

Might be simplistic. But see is this way

If you're a doctor and theirs blood going going everywhere. You get involved immediately to stop the blood loss from getting worse

Evans is the doctor.. but instead of doing anything about it. Hes just sitting there watching you bleed out despite k owning exactly what to do to solved the problem.

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 11:52 - Feb 18 with 1118 viewschrismakin

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 11:25 - Feb 18 by blueislander

You do know that he doesn’t live in Bermuda don’t you?

Depends what time of year it is yeah

I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 12:20 - Feb 18 with 1070 viewsSeablu

Are battered eyelids a delicacy in Bermuda?
I bet Evans hasnt even battered an eyelid at our current state on 12:22 - Feb 18 with 1063 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024