Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... 23:03 - Feb 17 with 3986 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

...care to say whether or not you felt crock, if so for how long and which version did you get.
I would also appreciate a good link explaining the 'new' technology behind the synthetic one please.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 23:06 - Feb 17 with 2286 viewsSpruceMoose

Ms Moose had Moderna. First vaccine nothing but a sore arm the following day. Second vaccine she was a bit achey and tired the next day but back to normal the day after that.

Family in the UK have only had dose one of the Pfizer vaccine I believe (one family member may have had the Oxford one - not 100% sure).No adverse reactions noted.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 13:19]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 23:11 - Feb 17 with 2262 viewsChurchman

My dad had the Pfizer one. Bit of a sore arm that day, fine the following. My sis has hers tomorrow, my buddy Friday ant the misses Saturday. I hope they get 3 different ones so I can conduct a survey 😃
Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 23:11 - Feb 17 with 2260 viewsStokieBlue

Can I ask why you would take a small sample size from a message board on which to form your opinion rather than the larger sample size from studies which cites minor side effects? If you want that information second hand then my parents felt tired that day/evening but were fine by morning (AZ).

None of the vaccines are synthetic. I assume you mean the mRNA vaccines? These work by have a small amount of "code" which is a set of instructions that tells the body how to manufacture the C19 spike protein and nothing else. This then allows the body to learn what it looks like and to develop antibodies against it.

https://www.nature.com/articles/nrd.2017.243
https://www.phgfoundation.org/briefing/rna-vaccines

Hope it helps.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 23:22 - Feb 17 with 2222 viewsYallop

I had Pfizer. Dead arm the next day but no other side effects. Ipswich hospital were exceptional. Very well organised
Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 23:26 - Feb 17 with 2185 viewsjaykay

me and the wife had the Pfizer jab in jan. no effects from the jab what so ever.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 23:44 - Feb 17 with 2137 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 23:11 - Feb 17 by StokieBlue

Can I ask why you would take a small sample size from a message board on which to form your opinion rather than the larger sample size from studies which cites minor side effects? If you want that information second hand then my parents felt tired that day/evening but were fine by morning (AZ).

None of the vaccines are synthetic. I assume you mean the mRNA vaccines? These work by have a small amount of "code" which is a set of instructions that tells the body how to manufacture the C19 spike protein and nothing else. This then allows the body to learn what it looks like and to develop antibodies against it.

Hope it helps.

SB

Purely curious to get actual experiences of people and try to gauge if the side effects of one are any more than the other. Someone at work, a carer, didn't feel well enough to work today after having hers (I don't yet know which she had)....I have been invited for mine in a couple of weeks so decision time. Thanks for the links.

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 23:46 - Feb 17 with 2126 viewsOldsmoker

Astra Zenica - no side effects apart from smug feeling that I was one of the chosen ones.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 23:50 - Feb 17 with 2103 viewsStokieBlue

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 23:44 - Feb 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

Purely curious to get actual experiences of people and try to gauge if the side effects of one are any more than the other. Someone at work, a carer, didn't feel well enough to work today after having hers (I don't yet know which she had)....I have been invited for mine in a couple of weeks so decision time. Thanks for the links.

Fair enough, although I would say from the small sample size on this message board it's impossible to gauge whether the side effects of one are greater than the other.

Enjoy the reading, feel free to ask if you are unsure about any of it and I am sure myself and others will try to help.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 00:02 - Feb 18 with 2080 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 23:11 - Feb 17 by StokieBlue

Hope it helps.

SB

I am finding the second article slightly easier to comprehend than the first. Are you able to explain what this actually means please?
"A major advantage of RNA vaccines is that RNA can be produced in the laboratory from a DNA template using readily available materials, less expensively and faster than conventional vaccine production, which can require the use of chicken eggs or other mammalian cells."
...what is a DNA template and readily available material....do these remain in the body after the immune response has been initiated or would they break down and somehow leave the body? If you don't know then no problem.

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 00:09 - Feb 18 with 2067 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 23:50 - Feb 17 by StokieBlue

Fair enough, although I would say from the small sample size on this message board it's impossible to gauge whether the side effects of one are greater than the other.

Enjoy the reading, feel free to ask if you are unsure about any of it and I am sure myself and others will try to help.

SB

Cheers I think I stated on a previous thread that apart from this year I have had the flu vaccine for many years now so am more familiar with the older technology. If I am honest then if I existed in isolation then I would probably take my chances or go with the Oxford one. This kind of leads on to my main question thinking about it...do we know yet if having the vaccine makes us any less likely to transmit the virus to others as this would definitely swing it for me if it does?

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 00:09 - Feb 18 with 2064 viewsStokieBlue

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 00:02 - Feb 18 by BanksterDebtSlave

I am finding the second article slightly easier to comprehend than the first. Are you able to explain what this actually means please?
"A major advantage of RNA vaccines is that RNA can be produced in the laboratory from a DNA template using readily available materials, less expensively and faster than conventional vaccine production, which can require the use of chicken eggs or other mammalian cells."
...what is a DNA template and readily available material....do these remain in the body after the immune response has been initiated or would they break down and somehow leave the body? If you don't know then no problem.

So (and I can double check this in the morning) I believe it means that for historical vaccines the entire DNA of the virus was required in order to get the body to generate the antibodies. This was often done by cultivating that using cell cultures or eggs. For mRNA vaccines the entire DNA structure of the virus isn't required because the RNA instructions tell the body how to just make the spike protein of the virus and not the rest so you only need that small part of the coding (ie, the entire virus is never injected, in some historical vaccines a watered down version was used).

There is nothing to leave in the body, it's either a set of instructions which the body uses to manufacture the spike protein which the antibodies then detect and eliminate or it's the DNA to do a similar thing.

From a high level, all that is happening is the vaccine is tricking your body into thinking it has C19 and thus the body learns how to fight it.

Do you have a specific concern?

SB

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 00:12 - Feb 18 with 2058 viewsStokieBlue

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 00:09 - Feb 18 by BanksterDebtSlave

Cheers I think I stated on a previous thread that apart from this year I have had the flu vaccine for many years now so am more familiar with the older technology. If I am honest then if I existed in isolation then I would probably take my chances or go with the Oxford one. This kind of leads on to my main question thinking about it...do we know yet if having the vaccine makes us any less likely to transmit the virus to others as this would definitely swing it for me if it does?

I don't think you'll get a choice of vaccines when you have your appointment, you'll get given what they have at that location (at least that is how it's worked with people I've spoken to but perhaps someone else can confirm).

There was a study implying that AZ reduced the transmissibility by about 67% but I am not sure if that is peered reviewed. There are probably similar studies coming out of Israel on the Pfizer vaccine but to be honest I haven't checked.

SB

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 00:20 - Feb 18 with 2054 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 00:09 - Feb 18 by StokieBlue

So (and I can double check this in the morning) I believe it means that for historical vaccines the entire DNA of the virus was required in order to get the body to generate the antibodies. This was often done by cultivating that using cell cultures or eggs. For mRNA vaccines the entire DNA structure of the virus isn't required because the RNA instructions tell the body how to just make the spike protein of the virus and not the rest so you only need that small part of the coding (ie, the entire virus is never injected, in some historical vaccines a watered down version was used).

There is nothing to leave in the body, it's either a set of instructions which the body uses to manufacture the spike protein which the antibodies then detect and eliminate or it's the DNA to do a similar thing.

From a high level, all that is happening is the vaccine is tricking your body into thinking it has C19 and thus the body learns how to fight it.

Do you have a specific concern?

SB

Thanks for using plainer English than some of the articles...my tiny brain is struggling to comprehend being injected 'with a set of instructions.'...but then I am a gardener!
Nope nothing specific other than unknown long term consequences which I guess by definition can not be known and I suppose a concern that something supposedly so benign would cause quite severe headaches etc in some people. People replying, "yeah but death" is about as useful as me replying, "yeah but tens of thousands never knew they had it" in case anyone gets the urge.

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 00:21 - Feb 18 with 2051 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 00:12 - Feb 18 by StokieBlue

I don't think you'll get a choice of vaccines when you have your appointment, you'll get given what they have at that location (at least that is how it's worked with people I've spoken to but perhaps someone else can confirm).

There was a study implying that AZ reduced the transmissibility by about 67% but I am not sure if that is peered reviewed. There are probably similar studies coming out of Israel on the Pfizer vaccine but to be honest I haven't checked.

SB

Thanks.

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 00:23 - Feb 18 with 2047 viewsgroovyASH

Just a bit of a sore arm around the injection site for 48 hours, typical really.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 00:41 - Feb 18 with 2022 viewsJ2BLUE

My mum had Pfizer first dose and had a sore arm for 2-3 days. Nothing else.

Search ZOE covid on Youtube and you'll see they have plenty of stuff on the vaccines reported by real people. All the data looks good.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 06:33 - Feb 18 with 1904 viewsnoggin

I've had both Pfizer doses now. First one, nothing. Second, intense headache next day, although that might not have been the vaccine of course.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 07:14 - Feb 18 with 1814 views26_Paz

Mrs Paz had Oxford (she’s a carer) felt fine initially, sore arm and a bit groggy the next day but nothing much really.
My Dad had Pfizer and nothing ... although he’s a man of a certain age so even if he’s arm fell off he would likely describe himself as ‘fine’

The Paz Man

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 07:21 - Feb 18 with 1795 viewsWarkystache

Got mine next Thursday in Clacton. Why it was Clacton, gawd alone knows. It'd have been better in Ipswich.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 07:28 - Feb 18 with 1775 viewsKieran_Knows

My old dear had her first dose Monday (I must admit I didn’t ask which one she had), and she said she had a pretty bad headache on Tuesday, but other than that all okay.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 08:03 - Feb 18 with 1703 viewsChurchman

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 00:20 - Feb 18 by BanksterDebtSlave

Thanks for using plainer English than some of the articles...my tiny brain is struggling to comprehend being injected 'with a set of instructions.'...but then I am a gardener!
Nope nothing specific other than unknown long term consequences which I guess by definition can not be known and I suppose a concern that something supposedly so benign would cause quite severe headaches etc in some people. People replying, "yeah but death" is about as useful as me replying, "yeah but tens of thousands never knew they had it" in case anyone gets the urge.

I look at it this way. The risk of getting ill, getting ill with long term effects or worse with C-19 is far greater than any risk posed by a vaccine. It’s as simple as that.

What’s is not simple is understanding how they work, so thank SB for a good explanation.

As for vaccine I know of nobody that’s been given a choice. And to be honest I wouldn’t know enough to make an informed choice anyway.

I have to say, I think the name Sputnik is great. I would choose that for the name alone if it wasn’t Russian. Imagine if AZ had called theirs Spitfire vaccine. It would have encouraged take up and hacked off the Germans all in one go!
Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 08:07 - Feb 18 with 1681 viewsnoggin

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 08:03 - Feb 18 by Churchman

I look at it this way. The risk of getting ill, getting ill with long term effects or worse with C-19 is far greater than any risk posed by a vaccine. It’s as simple as that.

What’s is not simple is understanding how they work, so thank SB for a good explanation.

As for vaccine I know of nobody that’s been given a choice. And to be honest I wouldn’t know enough to make an informed choice anyway.

I have to say, I think the name Sputnik is great. I would choose that for the name alone if it wasn’t Russian. Imagine if AZ had called theirs Spitfire vaccine. It would have encouraged take up and hacked off the Germans all in one go!

Why would it hack off the Germans? I'm sure the name would sexually excite the little Englanders but I doubt German people would give a toss.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 08:13 - Feb 18 with 1659 viewsChurchman

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 08:07 - Feb 18 by noggin

Why would it hack off the Germans? I'm sure the name would sexually excite the little Englanders but I doubt German people would give a toss.

It was just a joke. I was just thinking of names for vaccines. The Germans could call their Pfizer Tiger Tank, the Americans Hellcat. That sort of thing.
Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 08:19 - Feb 18 with 1643 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 08:13 - Feb 18 by Churchman

It was just a joke. I was just thinking of names for vaccines. The Germans could call their Pfizer Tiger Tank, the Americans Hellcat. That sort of thing.

Fokker Off Covid.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 08:48 - Feb 18 with 1602 viewsGuthrum

Had the Pfizer jab yesterday morning.

Mild sensation in the arm (not actually sore). Felt rather tired in the evening, tho that may have been down to a shoulder injury, which has made sleeping difficult for several days. Woke up at one point with the shivers, then a bit later boiling hot. But am fine this morning.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024