Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) 17:18 - Feb 19 with 3131 viewshype313

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 17:19 - Feb 19 with 2642 viewsBlueBadger

Mate, we've been at that point for nearly a year now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 17:21 - Feb 19 with 2626 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Love or hate Keane he never tried to get sacked, tried to push the standard and even got us into our last cup semi-final. He actually gave a number of youngsters a real chance in O'Connor, Eastham, Hyam and signed some good players in Edwards and Murphy. I can't say anything good about Lamberts time here. Keane's sides even played better football....

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 17:23 - Feb 19 with 2610 viewsTractorCam

I thought we had all long decided Lambert was waving the flag as worst manager by now? I can understand some comparing Hurst but he's lightyears worse than Keane and Jewell.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 17:25 - Feb 19 with 2591 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 17:26 - Feb 19 with 2583 viewsDanTheMan

Not even a contest.

Imagine at Villa what is must have been like with both of them.

*shudders*

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 17:27 - Feb 19 with 2563 viewsCoco

Lambert has made me find peace with Keane.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 17:28 - Feb 19 with 2559 viewshype313

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 17:26 - Feb 19 by DanTheMan

Not even a contest.

Imagine at Villa what is must have been like with both of them.

*shudders*

Wow, never thought of that!

Unimaginable

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 17:29 - Feb 19 with 2550 viewsDubtractor

Lambert

Hurst
Keane/Jewell

Others that don't deserve comparison with those 4.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 17:34 - Feb 19 with 2512 viewsSteve_M

Hard to see otherwise, although Hurst and Keane did more lasting damage I think.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 17:39 - Feb 19 with 2468 viewsJ2BLUE

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 17:29 - Feb 19 by Dubtractor

Lambert

Hurst
Keane/Jewell

Others that don't deserve comparison with those 4.

Jewell redeemed himself by quitting and then recommending Mick McCarthy. I'd happily shake his hand if I saw him.

Keane...meh.

Hurst and Lambert should be held in contempt.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 17:41 - Feb 19 with 2455 viewsHarry_Palmer

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 17:21 - Feb 19 by BlueWorldOrder

Love or hate Keane he never tried to get sacked, tried to push the standard and even got us into our last cup semi-final. He actually gave a number of youngsters a real chance in O'Connor, Eastham, Hyam and signed some good players in Edwards and Murphy. I can't say anything good about Lamberts time here. Keane's sides even played better football....

Yes, I mean the football wasn't great under Keane but we did at least get into the opposition box every now and then.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 17:42]
Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 17:44 - Feb 19 with 2439 viewsBlueBoots

We went over a year without back-to-back defeats under Keane in the Championship; couldn't see that happening under Lambert even in League One...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 17:50 - Feb 19 with 2407 viewsSwansea_Blue

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 17:41 - Feb 19 by Harry_Palmer

Yes, I mean the football wasn't great under Keane but we did at least get into the opposition box every now and then.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 17:42]

And we saw some mightily impressive forearms.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 18:30 - Feb 19 with 2334 viewsTractorFrog

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 17:39 - Feb 19 by J2BLUE

Jewell redeemed himself by quitting and then recommending Mick McCarthy. I'd happily shake his hand if I saw him.

Keane...meh.

Of the last five managers we've had, Mick McCarthy is by far the best. Paul Jewell would definitely be second, then Lambert and Keane at a similar level and Paul Hurst definitely the worst:

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 18:31 - Feb 19 with 2317 viewsHerbivore

Yeah, for me that's been clear for some time. The only manager there's any debate at all about whether they are worse than Lambert is Hurst, imo.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 18:31 - Feb 19 with 2322 viewsRadlett_blue

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 17:39 - Feb 19 by J2BLUE

Keane...meh.

I think Jewell was past his sell by date, but he had the decency to realise it & resign. He seemed a likeably guy who did actually turn the club around for a few months.
Lambert was initially welcomed by the fans (and presumably some of the players who had helped drive out the hapless Hurst) but in terms of results relative to resources, he's far & away Town's worst manager in the time I've been a supporter (I'm too young for Jackie Milburn).

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 18:45 - Feb 19 with 2278 viewsPJH

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 18:31 - Feb 19 by Radlett_blue

I think Jewell was past his sell by date, but he had the decency to realise it & resign. He seemed a likeably guy who did actually turn the club around for a few months.
Lambert was initially welcomed by the fans (and presumably some of the players who had helped drive out the hapless Hurst) but in terms of results relative to resources, he's far & away Town's worst manager in the time I've been a supporter (I'm too young for Jackie Milburn).

Jackie Milburn had a lot of minuses because some of his signings were very poor and he seemingly had no idea about how to run a football team in the top division but he had some pluses too. He made four or five good signings some of whom got us back into the top division under Bill McGarry and he also started the youth team.

Lambert and Hurst have no pluses, only lots of minuses.
Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 18:47 - Feb 19 with 2271 viewsjas0999

Keane miles better. Lambert arguably one of the worst managers in our history.
Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 18:48 - Feb 19 with 2263 viewsPJH

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 18:47 - Feb 19 by jas0999

Keane miles better. Lambert arguably one of the worst managers in our history.

I don't think there can be any argument that Lambert is one of the worst, the only challenger for the WOAT for me is Hurst.
Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 18:53 - Feb 19 with 2245 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 18:30 - Feb 19 by TractorFrog

Of the last five managers we've had, Mick McCarthy is by far the best. Paul Jewell would definitely be second, then Lambert and Keane at a similar level and Paul Hurst definitely the worst:

Of the last five managers we’ve had, Paul Jewell is the second best. Just let that sink in for a minute...............
Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 18:58 - Feb 19 with 2220 viewshave_a_word_with_him

Seriously? Yes Lambert is worse than Keane. Is worse than Jewell. Is worse than Hurst. Is worse than everyone. We are in League 1 for goodness sake and making it look hard!! FFS
Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 19:12 - Feb 19 with 2173 viewspointofblue

Definitely. If the choice was between sack Lambert for Keane or keep hold of Lambert I’d welcome Keane back with open arms.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 19:18 - Feb 19 with 2152 viewsazuremerlangus

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 17:19 - Feb 19 by BlueBadger

Mate, we've been at that point for nearly a year now.

Yes - the man (and I use that term loosely) is rapidly turning into an untrustworthy weasel. He is more slippery than warm snake oil.

The rest, now matter what you think of them as football managers were genuine and honest individuals.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 19:51]

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 19:19 - Feb 19 with 2148 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I was thinking about how we would best rank our managers from best to worst. One factor could be league position when they arrived compared to when they left. Win percentage is skewed by which division a manager is managing in - it is ought to be higher with a squad fighting for promotion in one league than one fighting against relegation in a higher league.

Of course, the other factor is honours won, promotions achieved, play-offs, finals, semi-finals reached and relegations achieved.

I can't think there is a manager in ITFC history that touches Lambert on most of those statistics. Even his win percentage at his level must be lower than most of our managers at the top level.

Keane was a disaster but it takes someone truly awful to have taken the club backwards from where it was when Lambert arrived. Evans seems set to make sure every one of Lambert's statistics is worst of an ITFC manager by far.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Are we officially in the Lambert is worse than Keane camp yet? (n/t) on 19:30 - Feb 19 with 2094 viewsdominiciawful

Lambert is our worst-ever manager.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024