Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish 15:40 - Apr 2 with 1147 viewsGlasgowBlue

He's giving the ball away and watching players go by him.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 15:41 - Apr 2 with 1137 viewschrismakin

Cor. That's a brave one.

I'd put judge back and put dobra on the left.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 15:42]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 15:41 - Apr 2 with 1136 viewsDubtractor

Harrop who has been absolute crap for us every game?

That Harrop?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 15:42 - Apr 2 with 1121 viewsGlasgowBlue

I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 15:41 - Apr 2 by Dubtractor

Harrop who has been absolute crap for us every game?

That Harrop?

What other midfielders do we have on the bench? Andre is having a mare.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 15:44 - Apr 2 with 1073 viewsZXBlue

He really isnt. One mistake. The other was a pass to him with two men tight near him. Stupid ball to give him. Just made an excellent stretching block in the area too.
I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 15:44 - Apr 2 with 1071 viewsDubtractor

I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 15:42 - Apr 2 by GlasgowBlue

He really isn't, and I wouldn't take him off for an attacking midfielder. Our midfield is pretty lightweight as it is, it would be utterly powderpuff with Harrop.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 15:44 - Apr 2 with 1071 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

My main concern is that his socks are falling down again!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 15:45 - Apr 2 with 1065 viewsreusersfreekicks

Rather put Cornell on in midfield yham Harrop
I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 15:46 - Apr 2 with 1048 viewsMullet

Judge did it higher up the pitch and it lead to two or three attacks in a row where they should have equalised. We’ve seen pretty much ever CM and striker waste possession or get caught out with the ball. The fundamentals are still lacking and we are playing a new system.

Could be nervy this

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 15:46 - Apr 2 with 1046 viewsN2_Blue

I've said it repeatedly but he isn't the player many fans think he is.

Sure he bags of ability, i've never doubted that, but having technical skills doesn't necessarily make a pro footballer.

You get those amazing freestyle footballers who can do the most incredible solo tricks and skills with a football...but are they pro footballers no...because you have to have awful lot more to your game. Andre unfortunately lacks many disciplines that are going to hold him back.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 15:49 - Apr 2 with 1015 viewsBelsteadCav

But, But he’s our best midfielder

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 15:49 - Apr 2 with 1012 viewsMullet

I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 15:46 - Apr 2 by Mullet

Judge did it higher up the pitch and it lead to two or three attacks in a row where they should have equalised. We’ve seen pretty much ever CM and striker waste possession or get caught out with the ball. The fundamentals are still lacking and we are playing a new system.

Could be nervy this

Add Ward to the list there!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 15:53 - Apr 2 with 950 viewstractordownsouth

We're badly missing Downes and even Nolan to an extent.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 15:55 - Apr 2 with 933 viewsStokieBlue

I'm not sure that's fair.

Judge and Bishop are both also doing those things but it's noticeable with Dozzell because he's the only one further back actually asking to receive the ball.

The others seem to get a pass because they don't request the ball as much.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 15:57 - Apr 2 with 910 views26_Paz

I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 15:45 - Apr 2 by reusersfreekicks

Rather put Cornell on in midfield yham Harrop

Neither of them could do much worse if I’m honest

The Paz Man

I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 16:05 - Apr 2 with 876 viewsDyland

I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 15:49 - Apr 2 by BelsteadCav

But, But he’s our best midfielder

He comes in for ridiculous criticism. As if people have decided he should be Pirlo or Iniesta and are now arguing with themselves because he isn't.

The problem for Dozzers is he always played deeper as a kid but he'd not developed that in the adult game. He's a lot better (and pretty damn good) higher up. He needs an enforcer beside him or behind him. Downes e.g. Hardly a bog surprise this him being exposed in this midfield. Not sure what other team could be picked though.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 16:19 - Apr 2 with 833 viewsN2_Blue

I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 16:05 - Apr 2 by Dyland

He comes in for ridiculous criticism. As if people have decided he should be Pirlo or Iniesta and are now arguing with themselves because he isn't.

The problem for Dozzers is he always played deeper as a kid but he'd not developed that in the adult game. He's a lot better (and pretty damn good) higher up. He needs an enforcer beside him or behind him. Downes e.g. Hardly a bog surprise this him being exposed in this midfield. Not sure what other team could be picked though.

I wouldn't say ridiculous criticism but fair and very valid criticism.

I've literally not seen one fan comparing him to or expecting him to be Pirlo / Iniesta. Just being able to pass 10 metres to another player in blue would be a good start, and to learn how to sprint and actually turn round and chase a player if they go past him would help the team markedly but it seems beneath him.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 16:32]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 16:25 - Apr 2 with 804 views26_Paz

I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 16:19 - Apr 2 by N2_Blue

I've literally not seen one fan comparing him to or expecting him to be Pirlo / Iniesta. Just being able to pass 10 metres to another player in blue would be a good start, and to learn how to sprint and actually turn round and chase a player if they go past him would help the team markedly but it seems beneath him.

I’ve said it before, what are his key attributes? He can’t tackle or head, doesn’t score many goals, his passing is sloppy and unambitious.

The Paz Man

I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 16:33 - Apr 2 with 779 viewsDyland

I'd put Harrop on for Dozzell pretty sharpish on 16:19 - Apr 2 by N2_Blue

Totally agree about valid criticism. There can be both valid and ridiculous versions. I'm talking about the latter, in relation to Billers and Pazzers atm. E.g. calling him a fraud? Bizarre.

You miss the point about Pirlo and Iniesta... it seems like some fans have decided he SHOULD be much better, based on something or other. And then react overly negatively when he doesn't put a mark on games in 8 or 9 out of 10 performances. The whole point is that NO ONE has said he is the bees knees, the finished article, etc.

He has undoubted talent. We saw it at the beginning of the season, and agai when Gill and Klug pushed him higher.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024