Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has everyone missed the small print?? 12:01 - Apr 7 with 2676 viewsunstableblue

“ They will be joined by a UK based CEO, an appointment that it is hoped will be made shortly.”

The success of this club going forward is going to rely on three factors and 4 people

- squad investment
- club operations including increased match day revenue and player recruitment
- the effectiveness of first team coaching and the link to academy, to break the cycle of underperformance and playing non expansive that started in micks last season

The critical people are:

Mike O’Leary - chairman and link to investors and fans
CEO - charged with improving the match day experience and executing the player recruitment plan
Paul Cook - to choose the right players and get them playing a system that is entertaining and gets results
Assistant manager - essential to support the manager in getting the best out of the squad, and to critique the playing strategy

I’m excited about this new investment, but as excited about getting a footballing structure at last, rather than a part time chairman.
But until we know who the CEO is and the assistant manager are we only have half the picture!!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:03 - Apr 7 with 2600 viewsJ2BLUE

A chairman AND a CEO.

What a time to be alive.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:11 - Apr 7 with 2455 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:03 - Apr 7 by J2BLUE

A chairman AND a CEO.

What a time to be alive.

Dave Bowman off to Cardiff I'd imagine.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:13 - Apr 7 with 2389 viewstextbackup

My guess is Dyer to be the assistant. Purely a guess tho

CEO, no idea

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:15 - Apr 7 with 2347 viewsTieDyedIn95

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:13 - Apr 7 by textbackup

CEO, no idea

Some mentioned Frank Yallop may come in weeks back.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:17 - Apr 7 with 2297 viewsCheltenham_Blue

CEO, no idea

Dyer as AM would explain why he's spending so much time as part of the Matchday team, or Cook could be doing with Dyer, what he did with Joey Barton and Robson did with Mourinho, acting as a mentor.

I still think Leam Richardson is the preferred appointment. Will be interesting to see who they go for as CEO, someone O'Leary knows well I assume.

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:19 - Apr 7 with 2262 viewswkj

Why concerned - Marcus Evans getting a CEO is something we begged and pleaded for. We're getting what we want (potentially) twice over.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 12:44]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:20 - Apr 7 with 2230 viewsMullet

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:17 - Apr 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

Dyer as AM would explain why he's spending so much time as part of the Matchday team, or Cook could be doing with Dyer, what he did with Joey Barton and Robson did with Mourinho, acting as a mentor.

I still think Leam Richardson is the preferred appointment. Will be interesting to see who they go for as CEO, someone O'Leary knows well I assume.

Dyer is involved with the U23s isn't he? They are looking at having the rest of the matchday squad supplemented by them

I'd suggest Cook will want Richardson as his assistant.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:21 - Apr 7 with 2211 viewsRyorry

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:17 - Apr 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

Would love PC to take on Dyer in that kind of way - basically coaching him to be his replacement at some future point.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:27 - Apr 7 with 2111 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:20 - Apr 7 by Mullet

Dyer is involved with the U23s isn't he? They are looking at having the rest of the matchday squad supplemented by them

I'd suggest Cook will want Richardson as his assistant.

I think Richardson as assistant is what I said wasn't it?
Apologies if not clear.

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:29 - Apr 7 with 2079 viewsMullet

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:27 - Apr 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

I think Richardson as assistant is what I said wasn't it?
Apologies if not clear.

Twas agreement

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:29 - Apr 7 with 2077 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:15 - Apr 7 by TieDyedIn95

Some mentioned Frank Yallop may come in weeks back.

Think thats purely by association with Johnson.
Yallop isn't UK based anyway.

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:31 - Apr 7 with 2038 viewschrismakin

A chairman AND a CEO.

What a time to be alive.

I mean. Is it legal to have such set up within a football club? Lol.

Sht or bust time now. Let's enjoy the ride which ever way it goes now.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:38 - Apr 7 with 1933 viewschicoazul

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:29 - Apr 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

Think thats purely by association with Johnson.
Yallop isn't UK based anyway.

It means the CEO will be Uk based. I think Yallop or de Vos are possibles.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:42 - Apr 7 with 1868 viewsMullet

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:38 - Apr 7 by chicoazul

It means the CEO will be Uk based. I think Yallop or de Vos are possibles.

Can't see JdV given his role in Canadian football and broadcasting, likewise Forrest

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:43 - Apr 7 with 1840 viewschicoazul

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:42 - Apr 7 by Mullet

Can't see JdV given his role in Canadian football and broadcasting, likewise Forrest

Could be a lot of money on the table though. Although I believe he promised his wife they would stay in Canada after he finished playing.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:44 - Apr 7 with 1815 viewsDeano69

The only small print that doesn't appear anywhere is how they are planning to make that return on their investment. This is intended as a profit making exercise not a charitable donation.

And simply getting in to the Premier League doesn't automatically mean a massive payday for anyone, especially if for example (like Leeds) it cost you £60+ million to get there.

A sustained period in the PL might do it, but we are at least 3 seasons away from that.

Just to confirm, I am more than pleased we have 'change', we couldn't possibly continue as we were, but just pointing out my long term concerns,,,

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:46 - Apr 7 with 1771 viewsPinewoodblue

CEO, no idea

Good shout,if only for PR purposes.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:46 - Apr 7 with 1771 viewsunstableblue

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:19 - Apr 7 by wkj

Why concerned - Marcus Evans getting a CEO is something we begged and pleaded for. We're getting what we want (potentially) twice over.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 12:44]

Not sure there was meant to be concern in my post

And I’ve been screaming out for a proper CEO and chairman structure

BUT, the CEO is going to almost as key as Cook, and we just don’t know who that is yet?!?

The Bristol City guy in the frame, was not well liked by their fans!

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:50 - Apr 7 with 1704 viewsunstableblue

Has everyone missed the small print?? on 12:44 - Apr 7 by Deano69

The only small print that doesn't appear anywhere is how they are planning to make that return on their investment. This is intended as a profit making exercise not a charitable donation.

And simply getting in to the Premier League doesn't automatically mean a massive payday for anyone, especially if for example (like Leeds) it cost you £60+ million to get there.

A sustained period in the PL might do it, but we are at least 3 seasons away from that.

Just to confirm, I am more than pleased we have 'change', we couldn't possibly continue as we were, but just pointing out my long term concerns,,,

Also did they watch the Rochdale game!!??

3 seasons is being optimistic!!

But it’s exciting - finally getting a football CEO is something we’ve called for, for a long time

Let’s hope it’s a good appointment

Just imagine it on 13:24 - Apr 7 with 1424 viewsunstableblue

A chairman AND a CEO.

What a time to be alive.

A chairman focused solely on the club and hopefully a CEO who actually understands football as opposed to the hapless Clegg and the inept Milne

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024