Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latest poll 09:42 - May 1 with 4748 viewsHARRY10

Which appears to refute the guff GB was spouting a few days back.

Voters are not interested in Johnsons corruption it was claimed. Elsewhere we were told that it mattered little if Johnson talked of bodies piling up.

Well in this latest poll they clearly do.

The Tories lead has plummeted to just the one percentage point, and Johnson is now seeing voters mistrust of him growing, with 57% against 25% stating that he does not meet the high standards required for public office. The numbers who now believe he behaved improperly over the renovation of the flat now stand at 58% against 26%.

How this plays out in Thursdays election we shall have to wait and see. But one thing is clear, GBs desperate wish that voters would not see this sleaze and corruption for what it is, and recognise who is responsible has rather fallen flat.

Perhaps GB could tell us if voters are ' telling it how it is'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9531149/Daily-Mail-poll-shows-Tory-part
[Post edited 1 May 2021 9:46]
Latest poll on 09:44 - May 1 with 2889 viewsPinewoodblue

You will find out next Friday.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Latest poll on 09:46 - May 1 with 2889 viewsPendejo

It was plain to clear minded individuals that he was not fit for office long before he was elected, wasn't it?

I guess not, every indicator must have been dismissed as fake news.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Latest poll on 09:51 - May 1 with 2862 views26_Paz

Latest poll on 09:44 - May 1 by Pinewoodblue

You will find out next Friday.

Exactly, less than a week to wait and we will know for sure.

The Paz Man

Latest poll on 09:55 - May 1 with 2840 viewsfactual_blue

Latest poll on 09:46 - May 1 by Pendejo

It was plain to clear minded individuals that he was not fit for office long before he was elected, wasn't it?

No more than forty-eight per cent of the electorate is clear-minded.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Latest poll on 09:58 - May 1 with 2830 viewslowhouseblue

"GBs desperate wish that voters would not see this sleaze and corruption for what it is"

it's quite hard to see how you have arrived at this version of what's been posted.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Latest poll on 09:58 - May 1 with 2829 viewsHARRY10

Latest poll on 09:46 - May 1 by Pendejo

You forget all the hard work he has put in...............................to appear as a 'character

The carefully ruffled hair, the tie too long, the shirt pulled out and ability to speak as some 1930's Beano figure - when in public that is.

So who would have thought that man previously sacked for lying and incompetence - who spent his time at the Telegraph filing lies from Brussels, was a costly disaster as London Mayor, a useless constituency MP and almost makes Farage look a man of integrity and truth.......

.......... would then turn out to be a lying incompetent once elected as PM
Latest poll on 10:04 - May 1 with 2794 viewsHARRY10

Latest poll on 09:51 - May 1 by 26_Paz

Exactly, less than a week to wait and we will know for sure.

What will it actually prove ?

Most elections are for councillors, and folk should be voting on that basis - not party allegiance.

I want the councillor representing my interest to be the best of those standing - not the colour of the rosette they sport.
Latest poll on 10:15 - May 1 with 2767 viewsdickie

Latest poll on 10:04 - May 1 by HARRY10

Most elections are for councillors, and folk should be voting on that basis - not party allegiance.

I want the councillor representing my interest to be the best of those standing - not the colour of the rosette they sport.

That is absolutely true in theory but I would categorically never vote for a Tory councillor on principle even if they were my closest friend
Login to get fewer ads

Latest poll on 10:23 - May 1 with 2753 viewsHARRY10

Latest poll on 10:15 - May 1 by dickie

That is absolutely true in theory but I would categorically never vote for a Tory councillor on principle even if they were my closest friend

And I would expect most will vote on partisan lines, or as usual some will use the vote as a way to give some party a kicking.

Which rather highlights the guff about the PR nonsense, as how people vote in local elections is never an overall representation of how they would vote in a GE.

However the poll has certainly blown out of the water the guff that Johnsons corrupt and dishonest behaviour would not affect voters.
Latest poll on 10:29 - May 1 with 2741 viewsBlueBadger

Latest poll on 10:23 - May 1 by HARRY10

And I would expect most will vote on partisan lines, or as usual some will use the vote as a way to give some party a kicking.

Which rather highlights the guff about the PR nonsense, as how people vote in local elections is never an overall representation of how they would vote in a GE.

However the poll has certainly blown out of the water the guff that Johnsons corrupt and dishonest behaviour would not affect voters.

The Euro elections were clear evidence that people wanted to give out a 'low-harm' kicking.

Look at how Nigel Farage's not-at-all-at-let's-fleece-idiots-for-their-cash outfit the Blue Passports and No Foreigners Party did - people knew that they were essentially a free hit so they voted for the racists they truly wanted rather than the racists who had a realistic chance of forming a government.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 10:43]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Latest poll on 10:44 - May 1 with 2707 views26_Paz

Latest poll on 10:04 - May 1 by HARRY10

Correct, it won’t ‘prove’ anything in terms of people’s GE intentions for the reasons you state. It should, however, give some indication as to general feeling for the reason another poster has stated (i.e. people do tend to, rightly or wrongly, vote along partisan lines).

The Paz Man

Latest poll on 10:46 - May 1 with 2695 viewsBlueBadger

Worthh pointing out that the Mail sometimes like to roll out an outlier like this to motivate their readership to vote 'correctly'. They're probably running an article about how Keir Starmer once bought a nice car, too.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Latest poll on 10:49 - May 1 with 2682 views26_Paz

Latest poll on 10:46 - May 1 by BlueBadger

Worthh pointing out that the Mail sometimes like to roll out an outlier like this to motivate their readership to vote 'correctly'. They're probably running an article about how Keir Starmer once bought a nice car, too.

It does appear to be a bit of an outlier.
http://www.electionpolling.co.uk/polls/general-election

The Paz Man

Latest poll on 10:57 - May 1 with 2643 viewsPendejo

Latest poll on 09:55 - May 1 by factual_blue

No more than forty-eight per cent of the electorate is clear-minded.

Not enough though was it.... And probably spread over a number of parties...
[Post edited 1 May 2021 11:02]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Latest poll on 10:59 - May 1 with 2637 viewsHARRY10

Latest poll on 10:46 - May 1 by BlueBadger

What, they have somehow convinced one of the most accurate of pollsters to risk their integrity in order to influence council election voting.

And if it ever leaked out that either the Mail had requested it, or that Survation had agreed

They would both be dead in the water ..................... for what gain ?
Latest poll on 11:03 - May 1 with 2622 viewsBlueBadger

Latest poll on 10:59 - May 1 by HARRY10

What, they have somehow convinced one of the most accurate of pollsters to risk their integrity in order to influence council election voting.

And if it ever leaked out that either the Mail had requested it, or that Survation had agreed

They would both be dead in the water ..................... for what gain ?

Outlier, depressingly enough. This is why margin of error is so important in this, like any other data gathering exercise.
And also why, when you gather data, cherry picking is A Bad Thing.

http://www.electionpolling.co.uk/polls/general-election

Latest poll on 11:04 - May 1 with 2620 viewsGlasgowBlue

Three mentions in one post Harry. Absolutely rent free mate.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Latest poll on 11:08 - May 1 with 2607 viewsBlueBadger

Latest poll on 11:04 - May 1 by GlasgowBlue

Three mentions in one post Harry. Absolutely rent free mate.

FACE facts, you'll never be BAND from Harry's BOX or on his ZED list, Glassers. I bet that ROGERS your morning.

Latest poll on 11:09 - May 1 with 2603 viewsfactual_blue

Latest poll on 10:57 - May 1 by Pendejo

Not enough though was it.... And probably spread over a number of parties...
[Post edited 1 May 2021 11:02]

With virtually none of them being tories. After all, the tory party has been known as the stupid party for over 150 years.

And it, and it's membership past and present, thoroughly deserve that description.

Latest poll on 11:10 - May 1 with 2599 viewsGlasgowBlue

Latest poll on 11:08 - May 1 by BlueBadger

FACE facts, you'll never be BAND from Harry's BOX or on his ZED list, Glassers. I bet that ROGERS your morning.

He is a SPECIAL ONE that’s for sure.

Iron Lion Zion

Latest poll on 11:14 - May 1 with 2588 viewsWD19

I’m not sure you are in a position to complain about other posters spouting “guff”.
Latest poll on 11:15 - May 1 with 2586 viewsDarth_Koont

Latest poll on 11:08 - May 1 by BlueBadger

Eh?

You’re more like Harry than Zed is/was.

Pronouns: He/Him

Latest poll on 11:17 - May 1 with 2572 viewsPinewoodblue

What is missing from the original post is the answer to the question “Which party leader would make the best prime minister” 41% for Johnson & 33% for Starmer.

Voting intentions were 39% Tory, 38% Labour. Hard to believe that there are those who wouldn’t vote Tory who think Johnson would be a better PM than Starmer. Hard also to believe that more 10% of those who would vote Labour don’t believe Starmer would make a better PM than Johnson.

Can anyone offer an explanation for this?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Latest poll on 11:23 - May 1 with 2545 viewsfactual_blue

I'd recommend the 'ignore' button.

Latest poll on 11:25 - May 1 with 2534 viewsGlasgowBlue

Latest poll on 11:17 - May 1 by Pinewoodblue

What is missing from the original post is the answer to the question “Which party leader would make the best prime minister” 41% for Johnson & 33% for Starmer.

Voting intentions were 39% Tory, 38% Labour. Hard to believe that there are those who wouldn’t vote Tory who think Johnson would be a better PM than Starmer. Hard also to believe that more 10% of those who would vote Labour don’t believe Starmer would make a better PM than Johnson.

Can anyone offer an explanation for this?

Harry seems to be getting rather excited by one poll, whilst ignoring this one that shows an 11 point Tory lead.

Both were carried out in the wake of the “bodies” and “wallpaper” leaks. A true reading of the polls is probably somewhere in between. A five point lead to the Tories. Not that it matters at this stage of the cycle as we are three years from the next election.

It won’t be the voters who remove Johnson. It will be his own MPs. The polls will be the ammunition they need to give the charlatan the boot.

If the sleaze allegations are cutting through then that is certainly to be welcomed as it will speed up his demise.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024