Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change 23:01 - May 14 with 2202 viewskizaitfc

This club has been on a fall for years and eventually the blame has to hit the players and not the manager and owner.

Finally reality has hit the players, they have not been taking enough responsibility for whatever reason. Based on the Skuse interview I actually think some held resecentment about Big Mick getting the sack.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 23:06 - May 14 with 2021 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Enough of the flouncing.

I've not seen any sentimental posts today.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 23:07 - May 14 with 2021 viewskizaitfc

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 23:06 - May 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

Enough of the flouncing.

I've not seen any sentimental posts today.

A lot of fans saying Chambers should have been treated better.

He has been treated more than well the last 3 years if you ask me!

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 07:11 - May 15 with 1846 viewsOldboy

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 23:07 - May 14 by kizaitfc

Captain during our worst period in living memory. Really do not understand the out pouring of love for him and Skuse. Glad they and others have gone. Being on the new dawn. Phoenix rising from the flames.
Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 07:32 - May 15 with 1808 viewsNeedhamChris

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 23:07 - May 14 by kizaitfc

If showing a modicum of respect counts as sentiment in your book then that says more about you.

You can undertake wholesale change in a respectful way, not sure why so many seem happy that it’s one or the other

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 08:21 - May 15 with 1716 viewsjayessess

Supporting a football club isn't about sentiment?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 08:52 - May 15 with 1639 viewsEwan_Oozami

Mick wasn't sacked..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 08:54 - May 15 with 1624 viewsDanTheMan

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 07:11 - May 15 by Oldboy

Captain during our worst period in living memory. Really do not understand the out pouring of love for him and Skuse. Glad they and others have gone. Being on the new dawn. Phoenix rising from the flames.

And of course the fact that is was our worst period was of course down to him, not 2 awful managers combined with a lack of funding and infrastructure at the club.

Definitely down to Chambers and Skuse.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 08:56 - May 15 with 1605 viewsElephantintheRoom

Sooner or later the new brooms will realise that Skuse came from Bristol City and will re-employ him

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 08:59 - May 15 with 1586 viewshype313

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 08:54 - May 15 by DanTheMan

And of course the fact that is was our worst period was of course down to him, not 2 awful managers combined with a lack of funding and infrastructure at the club.

The fact is when we had a functioning midfield and potent strikers we had solidity at the back and made the play offs, it's a testiment to Chambers that he was part of that defensive solidity through the underfunded years right up until this season.

Says it all, he's done his bit of the deal, unfortunately he was let down by the abject ownership.

He can walk away with his head held high.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 09:01 - May 15 with 1568 viewsOldboy

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 08:54 - May 15 by DanTheMan

If their influence in the club is to be believed,then yes, some of the blame rests with them. As a Captain you have a big say in what goes on, not just on the pitch. I am not saying that any 1 player is to blame, but neither do I believe that Chambers deserves our undying gratitude.
Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 09:04 - May 15 with 1548 viewsMullet

Perhaps by this logic then, the fans who claim to love our club and got rid of Mick should take responsibility for that resentment too? That is what ruined everything and drove us into this era after all right?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 09:12 - May 15 with 1503 viewsDanTheMan

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 09:01 - May 15 by Oldboy

If their influence in the club is to be believed,then yes, some of the blame rests with them. As a Captain you have a big say in what goes on, not just on the pitch. I am not saying that any 1 player is to blame, but neither do I believe that Chambers deserves our undying gratitude.

What, specifically, was down to Chambers then? What specifically did he have a say in that went wrong?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 09:39 - May 15 with 1448 viewshype313

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 09:01 - May 15 by Oldboy

Imagine the car crash if they hadn't had kept up the standards, cause the standards certainly weren't coming from the ownership.

We should be thankful that they actually gave a sh1t

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 09:53 - May 15 with 1394 viewsSteve_M

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 08:21 - May 15 by jayessess

It seems to be ok if that sentiment is largely anger.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 09:55 - May 15 with 1377 viewsreusersfreekicks

Well you do have the option of keeping quiet rather than spouting pointless graceless bile
Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 10:03 - May 15 with 1358 viewsBseaBlue

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 08:21 - May 15 by jayessess

Bang on! For that reason some of us are willing for change whilst others quite rightly have their concerns around the risks.

In a time that has been dominated by other factors, it is nice to see some proper football debate! The board is busy with speculation and discussion and in my view its a welcome distraction from all the other sh1te that is going on at the moment.
Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 10:10 - May 15 with 1331 viewsChurchman

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 09:39 - May 15 by hype313

Imagine the car crash if they hadn't had kept up the standards, cause the standards certainly weren't coming from the ownership.

We should be thankful that they actually gave a sh1t

I still busy getting my head round the car crash we’ve actually had. I still struggle with the sad truth of it and where we are.

Chambers’ interview hinted at how much the club has been hollowed out and neglected by Evans. He made more than one mention of people having to do multiple jobs, the sadness of Simon Milton’s influence being lost etc.

LC also pointed to promises re players made and not kept when he first came and Christmas of 2014/15 where the opportunity for the Premier League was lost. It wouldn’t have taken a lot to push us on, but Evans basically wasn’t interested. Thank goodness he no longer controls the club.
[Post edited 15 May 2021 10:12]
Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 10:23 - May 15 with 1304 viewsborge

Yes, the football team has to change, but isn't it the 'club' that we support first and foremost? Isn't our support for the club driven by sentiment? Otherwise, wouldn't we just support the 'best' team? Maybe sentiment is only for us legacy fans.....

And, at its most basic level the word 'sentiment' merely means holding or expressing an opinion so maybe you need to stop being sentimental too....
Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 10:30 - May 15 with 1267 viewsSwansea_Blue

Absolutely this. Or do we just forget about belonging to something we’re proud of, forget about SBR, The Beat, the pride of seeing people like Milts and Wark being part of the club after they stopped playing, the joys of fan faves like Treacle and Reuser.

If you can’t enjoy a bit of sentiment as a fan, maybe football isn’t for you.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 10:40 - May 15 with 1232 viewsBiGDonnie

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 08:56 - May 15 by ElephantintheRoom

Sooner or later the new brooms will realise that Skuse came from Bristol City and will re-employ him

I bloody hope not!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 11:20 - May 15 with 1156 viewsborge

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 10:30 - May 15 by Swansea_Blue

Absolutely this. Or do we just forget about belonging to something we’re proud of, forget about SBR, The Beat, the pride of seeing people like Milts and Wark being part of the club after they stopped playing, the joys of fan faves like Treacle and Reuser.

If you can’t enjoy a bit of sentiment as a fan, maybe football isn’t for you.

Totally agree with this. I am at a total loss at to why some people actually 'support' the Town - if it's not based around sentiment what the hell is it based around?
Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 11:49 - May 15 with 1073 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 11:20 - May 15 by borge

Totally agree with this. I am at a total loss at to why some people actually 'support' the Town - if it's not based around sentiment what the hell is it based around?

It can’t be glory hunting!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 11:51 - May 15 with 1062 viewsEwan_Oozami

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 11:49 - May 15 by Swansea_Blue

Just you wait, PR will be full of them waving their prawn sandwiches as we're storming to the L1 title...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 11:55 - May 15 with 1050 viewsborge

Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 11:49 - May 15 by Swansea_Blue

I almost wrote that! In my lifetime it has never been about glory hunting......sadly!
Sentiment has to stop, this is a football team that has to change on 11:56 - May 15 with 1037 viewsgordon

Who exactly do you think resents the Mick sacking based on the Skuse interview?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024