Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts 15:59 - Jun 3 with 3873 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Before anyone has a pop saying "you don't have to buy it" this is a general observation about the lack of difference and continues my argument that we do not need to keep changing kits every season. We know you can order the same kits from Adidas on back to back seasons because we have had several away kits now that have done two seasons. I have also done some digging and found the club had been ordering old kit styles from Adidas the season after for replacements for youth teams. So in theory if the new owners were minded to, they could switch back to the old system and change every two seasons for home, away and third. They could take leadership on this and force some change in frankly a very wasteful and un-environmental practice.

The new kit -

2019-20 kit -

So the "big" differences between these two kits are that is one has stripes"and the other chevrons with a large white collar aside from that, you are looking at pretty much the same shirt. It's a bit of a rip off for families who's kids will want the latest shirt, especially at the cost given these shirts are these days.

I know my observations aren't always popular but I really do think our new owners should be looking to make some real positive changes off the pitch, we've heard plans for the stadium but I'd love to see family friendly policies such as the shirt changes and even more merchandise in the media area of classic seasons, documentaries on our best teams and players, the quality stuff over clubs seem to make but we never seem to get anything that good. Who wouldn't want a John Wark DVD with highlights interviews, thoughts on leaving when he did, coming back twice and then when he decided to end his career? Stuff like that would sell. We just do not put the love into what we sell.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:05 - Jun 3 with 3178 viewsSteve_M

The kits will end up looking similar if the club insists on changing them each year; there are only so many variations on blue with white that one can come up. I think most fans would agree that it would be better to only change one kit every year for a number of reasons.

There is one big difference between the two kits you've pictured though - one had a decent sponsor and one an embarrassing one.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:06 - Jun 3 with 3171 viewsBlueWorldOrder

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:05 - Jun 3 by Steve_M

The kits will end up looking similar if the club insists on changing them each year; there are only so many variations on blue with white that one can come up. I think most fans would agree that it would be better to only change one kit every year for a number of reasons.

There is one big difference between the two kits you've pictured though - one had a decent sponsor and one an embarrassing one.

I like Ed Sheeran but I do think his logo is a bit naff also, but we have had naff logos on our shirts for 20 years now I think!

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:09 - Jun 3 with 3137 viewsitfcjoe

It would be great to go back to it, I don't know how often teams change shirts in the MLS and USL, but in the NFL it is quite infrequent - my team the Minnesota Vikings have been wearing the same home and away jersey since 2013, and before that they had changed uniform in 2006.

They try and sell one off jerseys each year like 'Colour Rush' specials, or a Throwback one they wear one week - but ultimately its now 8 seasons in the same kits. Not sure if this is common across all US sport.

It does make me laugh we=hen last year Adidas talk about sustainability in the ocean shirts, and this year using 100% recycled polyester as though they are doing their bit for the environment by mass producing shirts every season with a 10 month shelf life!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:11 - Jun 3 with 3115 viewsHARRY10

Why do we need an away strip, or a third strip ?

A second strip, yes - for all the obvious reasons, but the rest are merely money making dodges.

If you accept that position, then you can hardly object to the club making full use of this 'nice little earner'.

Though I do wonder how much is actually earned from 3rd strip sales.
New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:11 - Jun 3 with 3114 viewsEly_Blue

Shock horror news flash *** club that plays in a certain shade of blue releases shirt in their shade of blue***

If they had changed the blue or given us white sleeves or some stupid shadow pattern like some of the Nike monstrous designs I’ve seen that wouldn’t go down well with the majority either.

Stop blabbing, grow up and be a man about it, you ask the club to make a stand, why will or should they when we can only spend a % of our revenue on players? Think about it they have to make money somewhere!

I bet you’d be one who would be complaining when we missed out on a signing because we didn’t have the money but you’re happy for the club to cut off a revenue stream?

Give your head a wobble

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:13 - Jun 3 with 3092 viewsFtnfwest

signed off by lambert months ago don't forget....apart from the maths bit of course
New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:16 - Jun 3 with 3039 viewsjeera

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:11 - Jun 3 by Ely_Blue

Shock horror news flash *** club that plays in a certain shade of blue releases shirt in their shade of blue***

If they had changed the blue or given us white sleeves or some stupid shadow pattern like some of the Nike monstrous designs I’ve seen that wouldn’t go down well with the majority either.

Stop blabbing, grow up and be a man about it, you ask the club to make a stand, why will or should they when we can only spend a % of our revenue on players? Think about it they have to make money somewhere!

I bet you’d be one who would be complaining when we missed out on a signing because we didn’t have the money but you’re happy for the club to cut off a revenue stream?

Give your head a wobble

What kind of response is that?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:24 - Jun 3 with 2929 viewsGavTWTD

The club has to make money to put towards signings. On this occasion I'm likely to buy this one as I play every week and feel positive about the future.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Login to get fewer ads

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:26 - Jun 3 with 2851 viewshype313

I agree, every other year is perfectly fine, especially for the fans.

But, as we all know it's all about the pound note, selling shirts is why Madrid bought Beckham, it's a lucrative market.

I've no doubt having Sheeran sponsor will go a long way to increase the coffers, therefore adding to our finances.

It's a bit of a nasty one, I don't like it, but equally, I want us to have the best, successful squad, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:31 - Jun 3 with 2790 viewsLord_Lucan

1/ I will never understand why people go on about shirts so much, I mean, they’re ultimately for kids aren’t they?

2/ They are completely different - unless of course you want a different colour

3/ anything is ok by me as long as it isn’t the stupid lace up one or the one that was dipped in bleach.

4/ Having said all of that a paisley or polka dot one would be cool.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:41 - Jun 3 with 2679 viewsEly_Blue

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:16 - Jun 3 by jeera

What kind of response is that?

You will have to elaborate more as I would like to reply to your reply with the same thing

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:45 - Jun 3 with 2617 viewspointofblue

I think my original post was removed because of the one I was quoting but I agree - changing all the shirts year in, year out is ridiculous. When I started following they switched the home kit one year and away kit the next. There’s no reason they couldn’t keep to that.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:45 - Jun 3 with 2617 viewsBluearmy71

I feel Ed's logo should be bolder and why we reverted back to that bloody red badge I'll never know.........well I do know I just prefer the yellow one, I know I'm not alone with that train of thought....HINT HINT REALLY REALLY BIG HINT for next and future years to our new owners yano if you just so happen to be reading this!! :D
New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:47 - Jun 3 with 2599 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I agree with you and sure the majority will too - every other season is fine. But they must make a serious amount of money changing it every year, even if the templates are similar, it's hard to see them switching back.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:48 - Jun 3 with 2583 viewsSpruceMoose

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:24 - Jun 3 by GavTWTD

The club has to make money to put towards signings. On this occasion I'm likely to buy this one as I play every week and feel positive about the future.

I like it. I'll definitely buy this shirt*

*Next year when it's on sale for a fiver.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:50 - Jun 3 with 2537 viewsEly_Blue

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:47 - Jun 3 by JammyDodgerrr

I agree with you and sure the majority will too - every other season is fine. But they must make a serious amount of money changing it every year, even if the templates are similar, it's hard to see them switching back.

Especially when we are limited to a % of turnover to spend on player budget each year, that was my point.

Nobody forces people to buy merchandise or shirts but it’s a serious cash cow for the club, imagine just how many shirts are going to get shifted this season if the queue to get onto the site today is anything to go by, therefore justifying the whole reason for changing every season

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:56 - Jun 3 with 2482 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 17:00 - Jun 3 with 2414 viewsArnieM

ALL football shirts are a rip off. ALL clubs shamelessly rip off their fan base every season with this money spinner. A £10 polyester shirt sold for upwards of £60-70 at many clubs. And as for changing the shirt every season, with many of the top 5 big clubs having two or three shirts in any one season, every season. It’s shameless profiteering really isn’t it. Gone are the days of the old silk scarf tied to yer wrists to demonstrate your allegiance.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 17:08 - Jun 3 with 2342 viewsstonojnr

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:45 - Jun 3 by Bluearmy71

I feel Ed's logo should be bolder and why we reverted back to that bloody red badge I'll never know.........well I do know I just prefer the yellow one, I know I'm not alone with that train of thought....HINT HINT REALLY REALLY BIG HINT for next and future years to our new owners yano if you just so happen to be reading this!! :D

Because, and we explain this everytime someone brings it up, the club have a registered trademark on the red badge not the yellow one. It means we can attempt to tackle counterfeit merchandise and make sure it's the club earning the money not some Del Boy market trader with a cheap printer.

Something that might seem a non problem for a club like Ipswich normally, but weve just stuck a guy who has sold 150million records tour logo on the shirt,I'm sure he is quite familiar with this kind of problem impacting on merchandise sales
New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 17:17 - Jun 3 with 2270 viewsjeera

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:41 - Jun 3 by Ely_Blue

You will have to elaborate more as I would like to reply to your reply with the same thing

I've replied to you on the other thread.

Fancy bullying autistic people.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 17:21 - Jun 3 with 2249 viewsBluearmy71

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 17:08 - Jun 3 by stonojnr

Because, and we explain this everytime someone brings it up, the club have a registered trademark on the red badge not the yellow one. It means we can attempt to tackle counterfeit merchandise and make sure it's the club earning the money not some Del Boy market trader with a cheap printer.

Something that might seem a non problem for a club like Ipswich normally, but weve just stuck a guy who has sold 150million records tour logo on the shirt,I'm sure he is quite familiar with this kind of problem impacting on merchandise sales

Try putting a price on exactly what the the yellow badge means and stands for!! I know that's an ideal world notion

Thank you for explaining the point for others, I was aware but that doesn't mean I have to like it lol
New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 17:28 - Jun 3 with 2206 viewsLord_Lucan

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 17:08 - Jun 3 by stonojnr

Not disputing this but it seems a bit odd, they would surely have trademarked the design of the Suffolk Punch which would then be covered in all logos in all sport aspects.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 17:37 - Jun 3 with 2145 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:13 - Jun 3 by Ftnfwest

signed off by lambert months ago don't forget....apart from the maths bit of course

So he liked MM choice.
New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 17:50 - Jun 3 with 2106 viewspointofblue

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 16:50 - Jun 3 by Ely_Blue

Especially when we are limited to a % of turnover to spend on player budget each year, that was my point.

Nobody forces people to buy merchandise or shirts but it’s a serious cash cow for the club, imagine just how many shirts are going to get shifted this season if the queue to get onto the site today is anything to go by, therefore justifying the whole reason for changing every season

The queue on the site is probably down to the shirt being marked with Ed Sheeran’s albums more than anything. The money would have rolled in whether they had changed the basic design or not.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

New Home Shirt Rip-Off - My thoughts on 17:51 - Jun 3 with 2100 viewsBlueandTruesince82

You cant deny the "you don't have to buy it" argument though because that's the whole point.

You have personal choice not to, the club isn't forcing you so dont buy it and don't worry. I've only ever owned 1 town shirt my whole life and I still have it, the release of a new shirt literally has no impact on my life, there are bigger issues in the world and I think this is one that you just have to let go.

It's a fundamental part of the club's busisness and the club does need every penny.

As for family friendly policies that free season ticket for any under 19 holders seems like a really good start from owners who have only been here 5 mins.

I'm not having a pop but I don't think you're being v fair or at all mindful of the commercial implications.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024