Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) 16:01 - Jun 15 with 3197 viewsWeirdFishes

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:12 - Jun 15 with 2347 viewsMrTown

£1m off the back of that season is very good business by us.

Ability certainly, but you need more than just ability, and I haven't seen anything to suggest he has got it. Always reminded me a very tippy tappy academy product who never adjusted to men's football.

I wish him all the luck in the world and hope he goes onto have a very successful career.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 16:13]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:14 - Jun 15 with 2333 viewsitfcjoe

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:12 - Jun 15 by MrTown

£1m off the back of that season is very good business by us.

Ability certainly, but you need more than just ability, and I haven't seen anything to suggest he has got it. Always reminded me a very tippy tappy academy product who never adjusted to men's football.

I wish him all the luck in the world and hope he goes onto have a very successful career.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 16:13]

I don't get the £1m is good business line when he had a release clause that was met - makes you think surely that if it wasn't there we'd have got more?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:18 - Jun 15 with 2268 viewsStokieBlue

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:14 - Jun 15 by itfcjoe

I don't get the £1m is good business line when he had a release clause that was met - makes you think surely that if it wasn't there we'd have got more?

It's as good business as the club could do given the restrictions on the contract that Dozzell was willing to sign.

It's not ideal and I would have preferred he stayed and we saw the best of him but it's better than him leaving on a free, especially if the sell-on is 15%+ (I have no idea how big it is).

He clearly didn't want to be here long term or he wouldn't have put that clause in the contract at such a "low" level.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:19 - Jun 15 with 2265 viewsPhilTWTD

Indeed. Town were over a barrel when it came to him signing his last contract.
Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:20 - Jun 15 with 2244 viewsFixed_It

Not necessarily. His performances last season weren't exactly eye-catching. We may have been able to negotiate for more without the clause - but probably not significantly more as a Third Division club in a buyers market.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:23 - Jun 15 with 2212 viewsITFCBlues

It's good business for a player that's just had an average season in L1.

Potential, maybe, but he's got alot of areas to improve on.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:23 - Jun 15 with 2212 viewsMrTown

You certainly wouldn't have got £1M for him of the back of last years campaign.

He may well go on to have a terrific career, but he isn't worth £1M right now, and hasn't done anything in his career to date to warrant a figure of £1M yet.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 16:25]

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:24 - Jun 15 with 2199 viewsParsley

I don't know, I think of it as the ebay 'buy it now' price. Maybe if there wasn't a release clause the starting bid would have been lower and then it would depend on what other interest there was in terms of how high the bidding would get to. I think you're probably right but ultimately we'll never know.
Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:26 - Jun 15 with 2164 viewsbelgablue

Grateful Dozzell signed the new deal with the release clause - we’d have got a lot lot less had his contract run out this summer. Sounds to me like a decent deal for all concerned and good luck to him in the future.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:28 - Jun 15 with 2113 viewsSteve_M

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:23 - Jun 15 by MrTown

He may well go on to have a terrific career, but he isn't worth £1M right now, and hasn't done anything in his career to date to warrant a figure of £1M yet.

If QPR have paid £1m for him now then that is a minimum figure for what he is worth.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:31 - Jun 15 with 2053 viewsmkbobby

Good business for the club imo as if he goes on to do the things that supporters have expected him to do here but certainly has'nt as of yet and he gets taken by a prem club for £5m thats another potential £1m in the bank on a 20% sell on! its all about looking forward
Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:33 - Jun 15 with 2030 viewsFtnfwest

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:28 - Jun 15 by Steve_M

If QPR have paid £1m for him now then that is a minimum figure for what he is worth.

Or was worth when the condition was put in. Guess only time and add-ons will tell.
Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:33 - Jun 15 with 2022 viewsKieran_Knows

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:28 - Jun 15 by Steve_M

Is it though? It's a clause in his contract which has been activated .... probably with the view that if he does well, they'll make that money back on him and some. If he's not a great success then they'll probably recoup the figure.

I have to say, I am surprised we've got that figure, especially off the back of a couple of 'okay-ish' seasons.

As I've said though, a real shame to leave and hopefully he kicks on from here and makes us even more ££ with the sell on.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:41 - Jun 15 with 1947 viewsitfcjoe

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:23 - Jun 15 by MrTown

Well we just have, so how does that work?

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:45 - Jun 15 with 1903 viewsRadioOrwell

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:41 - Jun 15 by itfcjoe

It means they have paid too much.

Anyway - more importantly can we assume it will ALL be spent on players / a player ?
That's what's interesting.
Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:48 - Jun 15 with 1873 viewsgroovyASH

Or, not insert the clause, have him not agree to sign without it, and losing him to a tribunal fee.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:50 - Jun 15 with 1859 viewsMrTown

Wouldn't have got £1m without that minimum trigger fee.

They have over paid, hence we have done good business.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 16:52]

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:52 - Jun 15 with 1836 viewsjudespiveyg

Dozzell will be better with better players around him, I've always said. The type of player he is, making difficult, instinctive passes requires teammates to be on the same wavelength and know which runs to make. Ultimately not many League One footballers are going to be capable of that.

I'm sure the 'tOo LiGhTwEiGhT' brigade never rated David Silva, Xavi or Pirlo as much as they did Scott Brown or Lee Cattermole. Brain>Brawn is more valuable on a football pitch 100% of the time.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:54 - Jun 15 with 1823 viewsJDB23

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:45 - Jun 15 by RadioOrwell

Anyway - more importantly can we assume it will ALL be spent on players / a player ?

It gives us roughly £12k a week towards what we can spend in wages under the league 1 rules which is the significant thing here. That’s 2-3 players. (This may be dodgy workings out)
Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:55 - Jun 15 with 1806 viewsMrTown

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:52 - Jun 15 by judespiveyg

Dozzell will be better with better players around him, I've always said. The type of player he is, making difficult, instinctive passes requires teammates to be on the same wavelength and know which runs to make. Ultimately not many League One footballers are going to be capable of that.

I'm sure the 'tOo LiGhTwEiGhT' brigade never rated David Silva, Xavi or Pirlo as much as they did Scott Brown or Lee Cattermole. Brain>Brawn is more valuable on a football pitch 100% of the time.

I can't believe you've tried to make any comparison from Andre Dozzell to David Silva, Xavi and Pirlo.

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:57 - Jun 15 with 1775 viewsMrTown

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:45 - Jun 15 by RadioOrwell

The second part of your sentence is very important moving forward.

We are now looking to reinvest in the side, no more taking fees for Daryl Murphy and replacing with free transfer Leon Best.

We take Lee Evans (free) and Wes Burns low six figures, and bring in £1m for Dozzell, I think that is very good business, and hopefully a sign that will continue to be savvy in the transfer market.

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:58 - Jun 15 with 1758 viewsjudespiveyg

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:55 - Jun 15 by MrTown

I can't believe you've tried to make any comparison from Andre Dozzell to David Silva, Xavi and Pirlo.

Don't be obtuse lol. You obviously know the point I was trying to make. That some people think Andre Dozzell isn't good because he isn't hard. So I gave examples of slight, smaller midfielders who are world class.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 17:01 - Jun 15 with 1723 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:50 - Jun 15 by MrTown

That doesn’t make sense. A minimum release doesn’t mean a player can’t go for less, it just means that we couldn’t refuse it a club offers that - and QPR wouldn’t have triggered it if they didn’t think he was worth it

So clearly yes, we could have got £1m for him off the back of last years campaign, as we have

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 17:01 - Jun 15 with 1722 viewsSwansea_Blue

Maybe we'll invest it wisely and use it to kick on, like we did with the Waghorn fee

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 17:04 - Jun 15 with 1691 viewsitfcjoe

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 16:50 - Jun 15 by MrTown

What on Earth are you on about? Do you understand how business works?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024