Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed 11:43 - Jun 17 with 1945 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57508250

Interetsing that Danny Blind plays on despite having the same - brave or foolish? I just assumed Eriksen's career was over.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 12:33 - Jun 17 with 1834 viewsbluelagos

If it works and enables him to play on (safely) - struggling to see why anyone would think it a bad idea tbh.

It's his life, his choice, his career at the end of the day. Just because some people would themselves decide not to take the risk and would opt not to play on, don't see why anyone would wish to object to him making his own choice.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 12:35 - Jun 17 with 1815 viewsgiant_stow

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 12:33 - Jun 17 by bluelagos

If it works and enables him to play on (safely) - struggling to see why anyone would think it a bad idea tbh.

It's his life, his choice, his career at the end of the day. Just because some people would themselves decide not to take the risk and would opt not to play on, don't see why anyone would wish to object to him making his own choice.

Absolutely fair enough. I'm just surprised he even has a choice.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 12:38 - Jun 17 with 1801 viewsbluelagos

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 12:35 - Jun 17 by giant_stow

Am with you there, 100%

Miracle of science I guess. They are having a good year all things considered :-)

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 12:44 - Jun 17 with 1764 viewschicoazul

A form of cheating..?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 12:49 - Jun 17 with 1750 viewsbluelagos

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 12:44 - Jun 17 by chicoazul

A form of cheating..?

Think it's a back up in case he has problems to prevent him dying. Not enhancing his performance (unless not dying is seen as enhanced performance) as such is it?

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 12:49 - Jun 17 with 1742 viewspointofblue

Sounds like he might suffer from Sudden Adult Dealth Syndrome - if this is case there isn’t anything underlying wrong with the heart otherwise so he’ll be able to continue to play with the device fitted. It’s not like Fabrice Muamba, who had a medical condition linked to his heart which is why he retired.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 12:51 - Jun 17 with 1718 viewsSitfcB

Are they not called pacemakers anymore?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 12:51 - Jun 17 with 1722 viewshype313

If he is allowed to play on like Blind is, then it won't be in Italy as law states anyone with a heart defect cannot play elite sport.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 12:53 - Jun 17 with 1708 viewsN2_Blue

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 12:35 - Jun 17 by giant_stow

Think it depends on a number of things, just having it installed.

Danny Blind has it and plays a very strenuous sport, surprises me but I'm sure he'd stop if doctors were telling him he's likely to put himself in immediate danger.

In comparison James Taylor (England Cricketer) also has similar fitted but was told not to continue his career, in a sport but must put far less stress on the heart than football.

So probably far more to it that just having the device fitted as to whether you can or can't continue being a sportsman.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 12:54 - Jun 17 with 1702 viewsEireannach_gorm

This is the experience of an Irish player.

https://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/share/radio1/21968796
(Apologies for the Ads)

He mentions that his 'heart starter' kicked in at one stage when fitted.

Dark Lord makes a cameo appearance.
Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 12:54 - Jun 17 with 1693 viewsN2_Blue

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 12:51 - Jun 17 by SitfcB

no, completely different thing!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 13:03 - Jun 17 with 1648 viewschicoazul

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 12:51 - Jun 17 by SitfcB

Different thing blud.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 13:58 - Jun 17 with 1568 viewsTampa_Florida_Blue

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 12:49 - Jun 17 by bluelagos

Think it's a back up in case he has problems to prevent him dying. Not enhancing his performance (unless not dying is seen as enhanced performance) as such is it?

Correct, it just restarts your heart (or try to). I had one installed in November 2019. I’m a bit shocked he would put his under the stress and have a chance of dying. It’s a mechanical thing which is man made, not guaranteed to restart your heart. Personally, my defibrillator came with a 10 year warranty, I want to see out those 10 years at least.
Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 14:06 - Jun 17 with 1534 viewsbluelagos

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 13:58 - Jun 17 by Tampa_Florida_Blue

Correct, it just restarts your heart (or try to). I had one installed in November 2019. I’m a bit shocked he would put his under the stress and have a chance of dying. It’s a mechanical thing which is man made, not guaranteed to restart your heart. Personally, my defibrillator came with a 10 year warranty, I want to see out those 10 years at least.

Does it work automatically? If your heart stops it attempts to restart it?

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 14:08 - Jun 17 with 1521 viewsSwansea_Blue

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 13:58 - Jun 17 by Tampa_Florida_Blue

"I'm a bit shocked"

Badum tish

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 15:20 - Jun 17 with 1445 viewsElderGrizzly

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 12:49 - Jun 17 by bluelagos

Maybe that was what some of our players needed last season, with a button given to fans to kick some passion into them
Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 15:33 - Jun 17 with 1398 viewsLord_Lucan

Is it too early to ask if anyone has a battery for an Eriksen?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 16:21 - Jun 17 with 1316 viewsTampa_Florida_Blue

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 14:06 - Jun 17 by bluelagos

Yes it works automatically. It go off every night at 11.30pm just to (make me jump) make sure it ok.
Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 19:11 - Jun 17 with 1194 viewsWicklowBlue

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 14:06 - Jun 17 by bluelagos

Yes, my dad had one fitted after he collapsed and was lucky to survive. Ok at 80 he's no longer playing elite sport, but it's effectively a defibrillator attached to the heart. So if arrhythmia happens it delivers an electric pulse to restore normal pulses.

I was out with my Dad a while back when he was chatting to a mate who had an ICD too. His mate was at a wedding and had an episode and collapsed, the guest went to help and got a shock off him when the ICD kicked in.
Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 19:21 - Jun 17 with 1178 viewsronnyd

Lifetime guarantee with it?
Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 20:09 - Jun 17 with 1118 viewsnoggin

A few years ago we attended a man with a implanted defibrillator. He was at home, felt dizzy and then a powerful 'kick' in his chest. When we got there he felt completely normal again. While my mate got him ready for transport to hospital I rang the cardiac ward to confirm it was a shock that he felt in his chest. Doctor confirmed it and informed us that there was no need for him to attend hospital. The defib had done it's job and he should be fine.
No pun intended but I was shocked that they didn't even need to see him.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Christian Eriksen to have a heart starter installed on 20:31 - Jun 17 with 1083 viewsPippin1970

I got resuscitated at 19, had pacemaker then, duel chamber one put in at 30. Played football etc no probs mainly 5 a side. He will live to ripe old age with it in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024