Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So my friend is trying to persuade... 16:47 - Jul 1 with 5090 viewsFixed_It

...her daughter not to get jabbed due to 'the vaccine not being tested properly'. Her son is ignoring the advice because he wants to go partying abroad, but the daughter isn't getting jabbed because of the 'risk to fertility'. Clearly, this is twaddle. What are the social and moral arguments in favour of youngsters (early 20s in this case) getting jabbed?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 16:50 - Jul 1 with 2477 viewsGeoffSentence

The 'not tested' argument doesn't hold any water as 32millon people in this country alone have had jabs which have proven safe and effective. Quite a few more people throughut the world have also been jabbed.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 16:51 - Jul 1 with 2468 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

I have been jabbed, as has everyone I know but do we know, 100%, that there is no risk sometime in the future?
So my friend is trying to persuade... on 16:52 - Jul 1 with 2463 viewsJ2BLUE

I can kind of see the logic here. It's a bit of unknown in that area isn't it?

I have no doubts about the vaccine and was grateful to take it asap but this one I can kind of understand unless i've missed some research saying it won't have any impact.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 16:52 - Jul 1 with 2461 viewsGuthrum

Not getting Covid (the young aren't immune). Not giving Covid to loved ones, including more vulnerable elderly relatives. Not playing host to the virus so it can spread to anyone she interacts with, even if asymptomatic herself.

Hastening the end of the pandemic, so life can get more back to normal.

Stuff about having a responsibility to society probably doesn't wash any more. But there are plenty of practical reasons.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 16:52 - Jul 1 with 2451 viewsFixed_It

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 16:50 - Jul 1 by GeoffSentence

The 'not tested' argument doesn't hold any water as 32millon people in this country alone have had jabs which have proven safe and effective. Quite a few more people throughut the world have also been jabbed.

Devil's advocate - but do we know how it will affect fertility or foetuses?

Ready! Steady! Cook!

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 16:53 - Jul 1 with 2451 viewsKieran_Knows

My missus is 28 and pregnant, and she won't be having the vaccine until the babe is born (Xmas time). She has had mixed signals from doctors etc about this, so she's not taking it just to be on the safe side.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 16:54 - Jul 1 with 2416 viewsJ2BLUE

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 16:53 - Jul 1 by Kieran_Knows

My missus is 28 and pregnant, and she won't be having the vaccine until the babe is born (Xmas time). She has had mixed signals from doctors etc about this, so she's not taking it just to be on the safe side.

Congrats

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 16:55 - Jul 1 with 2400 viewsKieran_Knows

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 16:54 - Jul 1 by J2BLUE

Congrats

Cheers J2, although I wasn't intending that as a 'look at me', ha! Just wanted to add to the thread!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 16:56 - Jul 1 with 2387 viewsMeadowlark

There are lots of stupid people out there. They will not listen to sensible points of view and have made their minds up already using the misinformation they choose to believe.
Don't waste your time with them. It'll do your head in.
I speak from experience.
So my friend is trying to persuade... on 16:56 - Jul 1 with 2381 viewsfooters

It's fine. The only side effect I had was a desire to buy the latest Microsoft Office suite. But the effect wore off after a few days.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 16:57 - Jul 1 with 2366 viewsFixed_It

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 16:56 - Jul 1 by Meadowlark

There are lots of stupid people out there. They will not listen to sensible points of view and have made their minds up already using the misinformation they choose to believe.
Don't waste your time with them. It'll do your head in.
I speak from experience.

Without wanting to stereotype - she is a hairdresser!

Ready! Steady! Cook!

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 16:58 - Jul 1 with 2363 viewsjeera

There is no evidence the vaccine affects fertility.

Does she know of any research that exonerates Covid from affecting fertility though?

She could just grow up and not make things up to make a fuss about.

*not edited in any way whatsoever.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 17:05]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 16:59 - Jul 1 with 2344 viewsGuthrum

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 16:51 - Jul 1 by BlueBlueBluex2

I have been jabbed, as has everyone I know but do we know, 100%, that there is no risk sometime in the future?

But, on the other hand, what is there to suggest there may be any risk? The basic mechanics of vaccination have been well understood since the late 18th century. We have been producing synthetic vaccines for decades. This vaccine is directed at one particular virus, not some wider process.

It cannot be declared 100% risk-free (no viaccine is tested over decades before release, anyway). But it is considerably better than having a lethal disease running unchecked through the population - or eternal lockdown to avoid that.

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 17:00 - Jul 1 with 2328 viewsFixed_It

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 16:58 - Jul 1 by jeera

There is no evidence the vaccine affects fertility.

Does she know of any research that exonerates Covid from affecting fertility though?

She could just grow up and not make things up to make a fuss about.

*not edited in any way whatsoever.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 17:05]

Sh1t - she's turned into a bloke! Was that on the list of side-effects?!

Ready! Steady! Cook!

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 17:01 - Jul 1 with 2315 viewsjeera

I can fully understand if someone is already pregnant wanting to hold off.

Completely understand that. That's not the same thing as someone who isn't expecting excusing themselves from having the thing to safeguard themselves and the wider population.

Congratulations to you both.

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 17:01 - Jul 1 with 2316 viewsJammyDodgerrr

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 16:52 - Jul 1 by Fixed_It

She will be getting Pfizer probably, and as that is just the code for Covid, it carries no risk that getting Covid wouldn't.

Over 120,000 pregnant women in America have had the jab with no side effects as well, so it seems to be quite safe for pregnant women too. The fertility stuff is wrongly based off something Bill Gates said ages ago taken out of context.

Fertility Analysis: https://www.rcog.org.uk/en/news/RCOG-and-RCM-respond-to-misinformation-around-Co

CDC V-safe register numbers: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/vsafepregnancyregistry

Bill gates fact-check: https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-gates-vaccine-idUSL1N2MF1L8

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 17:02 - Jul 1 with 2292 viewsGuthrum

Why might it affect fertility?

Do any other vaccines affect fertility? And, if so, why would they not have avoided whatever element causes that when constructing the Covid vaccine? There are vaccines which are given to children (have been for decades), so those must be safe.

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 17:02 - Jul 1 with 2286 viewsFixed_It

Congrats - and that seems eminently sensible.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 17:02 - Jul 1 with 2288 viewsjeera

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 17:00 - Jul 1 by Fixed_It

Sh1t - she's turned into a bloke! Was that on the list of side-effects?!

I thought you said your mate to start with.

Besides I don't know how she identifies.

I am going to edit that now so you will look silly and not me.

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 17:05 - Jul 1 with 2257 viewsFixed_It

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 17:02 - Jul 1 by jeera

I thought you said your mate to start with.

Besides I don't know how she identifies.

I am going to edit that now so you will look silly and not me.

Nah - they'll know it was you being wrong and not me.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 17:06 - Jul 1 with 2246 viewsjeera

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 17:05 - Jul 1 by Fixed_It

Nah - they'll know it was you being wrong and not me.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I've even thought of exonerating myself in my non-edit.

All bases covered.

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 17:07 - Jul 1 with 2235 viewsFixed_It

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 17:01 - Jul 1 by JammyDodgerrr

She will be getting Pfizer probably, and as that is just the code for Covid, it carries no risk that getting Covid wouldn't.

Over 120,000 pregnant women in America have had the jab with no side effects as well, so it seems to be quite safe for pregnant women too. The fertility stuff is wrongly based off something Bill Gates said ages ago taken out of context.

Fertility Analysis: https://www.rcog.org.uk/en/news/RCOG-and-RCM-respond-to-misinformation-around-Co

CDC V-safe register numbers: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/vsafepregnancyregistry

Bill gates fact-check: https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-gates-vaccine-idUSL1N2MF1L8

Thanks for that. It'll fall on deaf ears no doubt but still...

Ready! Steady! Cook!

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 17:09 - Jul 1 with 2228 viewsStokieBlue

There was a study published just the other day that showed there was absolutely no link to fertility issues. The fact that the social media companies have allowed this utter rubbish to be pushed on their platforms has really annoyed me.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/dont-let-misinformation-about-fertility-a

The social and moral argument is that by getting vaccinated you are helping the country to achieve a level of immunity that is required to really put the virus on the backfoot.

However the selfish individual argument would be that it will reduce the changes of getting long covid which can definitely affect the young and it also means you are protected if a Gamma variant evolves that has a much greater effect on younger people.

The main moral of this story is that you shouldn't always listen to your parents.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 17:11 - Jul 1 with 2205 viewsclive_baker

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 16:50 - Jul 1 by GeoffSentence

Not going all tin hat on you here, but nobody has really proven the safety of it beyond about 6 months yet, have we? Don't get me wrong, I'm double jabbed, but surely there's only so much accelerated testing they can do?

Give it a few years we might all be walking around with tiny d1cks or something. Finally I'll feel like I belong.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So my friend is trying to persuade... on 17:11 - Jul 1 with 2203 viewsStokieBlue

As per my previous link it's given to pregnant woman and it's been fine because this nonsense is all based on some rubbish statements made by a doctor with a history of dodgy science.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024