Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The first day back run 11:49 - Jun 28 with 2884 viewsb1079blue

Under Burely I am sure the payers used to run form the ground to playford road on the first day back. Do i recall correctly and was this a tradition before and after Burely?
The first day back run on 11:51 - Jun 28 with 2454 viewshype313

The pre season run is probably past it's sell by date these days, players have to keep to a strict schedule over the summer to make sure they are fit and firing, the days of Alan Brazil bowling up 3 stone overweight with a half eaten kebab down his top and cirrhosis of the liver are long gone.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The first day back run on 11:53 - Jun 28 with 2416 viewsfooters

The first day back run on 11:51 - Jun 28 by hype313

The pre season run is probably past it's sell by date these days, players have to keep to a strict schedule over the summer to make sure they are fit and firing, the days of Alan Brazil bowling up 3 stone overweight with a half eaten kebab down his top and cirrhosis of the liver are long gone.

That and think of the insurance if they got clipped by a passing motor!

Norwood late for training, possibly.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The first day back run on 11:53 - Jun 28 with 2427 viewsclive_baker

Rings a bell. I think it was quite a thing for numerous clubs to have a run around town or on the beach. Saw all the Col U squad running around the barracks once when I was driving past.

Old school.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The first day back run on 11:54 - Jun 28 with 2417 viewsb1079blue

I thought it was or should have been more of a PR stunt than having much fitness value
The first day back run on 11:56 - Jun 28 with 2394 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Those days need to be over. We have a whole squad of whom nobody knows the way to the training ground. They'd set off on Monday morning and never be seen again.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

The first day back run on 11:56 - Jun 28 with 2381 viewsfooters

The first day back run on 11:53 - Jun 28 by clive_baker

Rings a bell. I think it was quite a thing for numerous clubs to have a run around town or on the beach. Saw all the Col U squad running around the barracks once when I was driving past.

Old school.

Keane did similar with a military-style bootcamp, didn't he? Bet that was a barrel of laughs for the lads.

The first day back run on 11:57 - Jun 28 with 2370 viewsKeno

this just shows Voicey was right all along and Burley ruined this club

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The first day back run on 11:58 - Jun 28 with 2356 viewschicoazul

The first day back run on 11:56 - Jun 28 by footers

Keane did similar with a military-style bootcamp, didn't he? Bet that was a barrel of laughs for the lads.

Was that when Tom Eastman or someone went missing presumed dead?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

The first day back run on 11:58 - Jun 28 with 2358 viewsitfcjoe

I think they used to run from the ground down to somewhere like the Royal Hospital School or Orwell Park

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The first day back run on 12:00 - Jun 28 with 2337 viewshype313

The first day back run on 11:58 - Jun 28 by itfcjoe

I think they used to run from the ground down to somewhere like the Royal Hospital School or Orwell Park

If I was made to do that, I'd be demanding the Royal Hospital School still has all the medical devices needed!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The first day back run on 12:02 - Jun 28 with 2281 viewsfooters

The first day back run on 11:58 - Jun 28 by chicoazul

Was that when Tom Eastman or someone went missing presumed dead?

Is that right? Can't seem to remember that one but wouldn't surprise me!

The first day back run on 12:02 - Jun 28 with 2289 viewsIllinoisblue

How many miles is that?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The first day back run on 12:05 - Jun 28 with 2261 viewsclive_baker

Yeah, that worked well!

I'm all for it personally, it keeps things a bit fresh. Not a bad way to integrate new players or existing players and create a connection to the to town they're representing. I would have them doing laps of Christchurch Park or head tennis on Felixstowe beach, followed by a swim.

Not something I've ever done at a football club, although I have vivid memories of University football training, being taken on hilly road runs around Durham in Baltic conditions.

TWTD.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The first day back run on 12:18 - Jun 28 with 2156 viewsDyland

The first day back run on 12:05 - Jun 28 by clive_baker

Yeah, that worked well!

I'm all for it personally, it keeps things a bit fresh. Not a bad way to integrate new players or existing players and create a connection to the to town they're representing. I would have them doing laps of Christchurch Park or head tennis on Felixstowe beach, followed by a swim.

Not something I've ever done at a football club, although I have vivid memories of University football training, being taken on hilly road runs around Durham in Baltic conditions.

TWTD.

Should do it again for sure. A run around town. Give locals a chance to cheer or pillory, delete as appropriate. Proper connection between clubs and towns innit.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The first day back run on 12:21 - Jun 28 with 2124 viewswkj

The first day back run on 11:56 - Jun 28 by Tangledupin_Blue

Those days need to be over. We have a whole squad of whom nobody knows the way to the training ground. They'd set off on Monday morning and never be seen again.

So pretty much like the Duke of Edinborough awards then

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The first day back run on 12:47 - Jun 28 with 2027 viewsBlueBadger

Didn't it cause a rash of injuries and serve as the first straw on the camel's back for a lot of the players regarding how they responded to Famous Roy?
[Post edited 28 Jun 2021 15:04]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The first day back run on 13:17 - Jun 28 with 1912 viewsstonojnr

certainly a regular thing under Burley, I think it might have been a thing under Robson too though I dont know if that was more just a thing the senior pros did to begin with some of the coaches, than a this is something you must do as I think it became with Burley.
The first day back run on 13:30 - Jun 28 with 1839 viewsPhilTWTD

The first day back run on 12:47 - Jun 28 by BlueBadger

Didn't it cause a rash of injuries and serve as the first straw on the camel's back for a lot of the players regarding how they responded to Famous Roy?
[Post edited 28 Jun 2021 15:04]

Blisters were a big issue, I seem to remember.
The first day back run on 13:31 - Jun 28 with 1836 viewsPhilTWTD

They used to spend a week training at one or the other as a change of scene but I don't think they ran there.
The first day back run on 13:45 - Jun 28 with 1737 viewsPositivelyPortman

If I remember correctly didn’t Jon Walters beat Keane at every thing the Marines had laid on, and said if he ever quit football, he could join them.
That, I reckon was where the Keane/Walters feud started. 🙌

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

The first day back run on 13:47 - Jun 28 with 1717 viewsfooters

The first day back run on 13:45 - Jun 28 by PositivelyPortman

If I remember correctly didn’t Jon Walters beat Keane at every thing the Marines had laid on, and said if he ever quit football, he could join them.
That, I reckon was where the Keane/Walters feud started. 🙌

That's hilarious if true. Also entirely predictable from Keane.

The first day back run on 11:08 - Jul 1 with 1402 viewsyesjohn99

They used to run up London Road hill (or crane hill pending your age) from the ground and do a lap of chantry park.

Definitely done that more than once under Burley.
The first day back run on 11:11 - Jul 1 with 1392 viewsgainsboroughblue

Used to be the picture on the back page of the Star every pre-season.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

The first day back run on 11:24 - Jul 1 with 1359 viewsjaykay

since the princess st./ civic drive roundabout went to traffic lights , it messed them up

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

The first day back run on 11:52 - Jul 1 with 1309 viewsiamipswich

The first day back run on 13:31 - Jun 28 by PhilTWTD

They used to spend a week training at one or the other as a change of scene but I don't think they ran there.

I was at Orwell Park for a few years and don't remember any of them training there so probably RHS. Was in the same year as Fabian Wilnis' daughter funnily enough.

Poll: Who will return first?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024