Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jacobs = cook's choice, celina = ashton's? 09:53 - Jul 26 with 1887 viewsBondiBlue

First example of the player cook wants being overruled by the data dashboard? 29 so no resale value and injured aren't great stats. What are the odds of a disagreement at the top if we still don't have any wingers by aug 7th?

Poll: Which would you accept?

Jacobs = cook's choice, celina = ashton's? on 09:54 - Jul 26 with 1856 viewsSomethingBlue

Nah, just one option of many that we’ll have been sounding out. No soap opera.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Jacobs = cook's choice, celina = ashton's? on 09:55 - Jul 26 with 1807 viewsrayman_10

We need more than one winger. My guess is Celina is first choice for LW and Jacobs is a handy player who can play LW, RW and CAM. In a small squad, versatility maybe vital. I don’t think believe there is any arguments but who knows

COYB

Jacobs = cook's choice, celina = ashton's? on 09:56 - Jul 26 with 1787 viewsKeaneish

No

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Jacobs = cook's choice, celina = ashton's? on 09:57 - Jul 26 with 1779 viewsAsa

I'd imagine it's more the case of Jacobs being a player we'd be happy to sign if we cannot bring in someone even better.

Giving the timing, likely we spoke with him, Celina (or another) came into play and we are hoping we can pull that deal off, if not we will turn to Jacobs.

May have been similar with Crooks and Fraser for the number 10 role, although the difference there is that we could have got both and had options. Given that Dobra could well be the backup to whoever comes in on the left side, I'd imagine we are only after one there, so makes sense to try and secure a good Championship player if we can, before settling for a good League One player if we can't - especially one with a little bit of a question mark of late on the injury side.
[Redacted] on 10:00 - Jul 26 with 1721 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Jacobs = cook's choice, celina = ashton's? on 10:03 - Jul 26 with 1673 viewsChrisd

Or lets make something up based on pure speculation to get a reaction?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Jacobs = cook's choice, celina = ashton's? on 10:09 - Jul 26 with 1597 viewsCheltenham_Blue

No it isn't.

Stop looking for things that aren't there. Ashton has already been very clear about this.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Jacobs = cook's choice, celina = ashton's? on 10:09 - Jul 26 with 1590 viewsBondiBlue

Jacobs = cook's choice, celina = ashton's? on 09:57 - Jul 26 by Asa

I'd imagine it's more the case of Jacobs being a player we'd be happy to sign if we cannot bring in someone even better.

Giving the timing, likely we spoke with him, Celina (or another) came into play and we are hoping we can pull that deal off, if not we will turn to Jacobs.

May have been similar with Crooks and Fraser for the number 10 role, although the difference there is that we could have got both and had options. Given that Dobra could well be the backup to whoever comes in on the left side, I'd imagine we are only after one there, so makes sense to try and secure a good Championship player if we can, before settling for a good League One player if we can't - especially one with a little bit of a question mark of late on the injury side.

The timing's what makes me wonder. Cook obviously went straight for lee evans and sounds like jacobs was the next phone call. He was so adamant that he wanted people he could trust it seems odd that jacobs is available and clearly keen and we're holding back.

Login to get fewer ads

Jacobs = cook's choice, celina = ashton's? on 10:12 - Jul 26 with 1556 viewsElderGrizzly

I'd suggest Celina is a convenient smoke screen for other deals.
Jacobs = cook's choice, celina = ashton's? on 10:12 - Jul 26 with 1559 viewsMediocre_Quick

Jacobs = cook's choice, celina = ashton's? on 10:09 - Jul 26 by BondiBlue

The timing's what makes me wonder. Cook obviously went straight for lee evans and sounds like jacobs was the next phone call. He was so adamant that he wanted people he could trust it seems odd that jacobs is available and clearly keen and we're holding back.

Given Jacobs is also crocked and his injury record would see him fit right in in the Evans era, I think if talks stopped, it's due to that, rather than a disagreement, or wanting people he trusts
Jacobs = cook's choice, celina = ashton's? on 10:17 - Jul 26 with 1491 viewsBondiBlue

Jacobs = cook's choice, celina = ashton's? on 10:12 - Jul 26 by ElderGrizzly

I'd suggest Celina is a convenient smoke screen for other deals.

Bet Ashton's gutted crooks has finally gone somewhere - that was the best smokescreen of the lot!

[Redacted] on 10:20 - Jul 26 with 1449 viewsvictorywilhappen

Jacobs = cook's choice, celina = ashton's? on 10:17 - Jul 26 by BondiBlue

Bet Ashton's gutted crooks has finally gone somewhere - that was the best smokescreen of the lot!

[Redacted]
Jacobs = cook's choice, celina = ashton's? on 10:21 - Jul 26 with 1430 viewsBlueBlood90

Should've waited half an hour. Viva Conor Chaplin!

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Jacobs = cook's choice, celina = ashton's? on 10:22 - Jul 26 with 1409 viewsKropotkin123

Jacobs = cook's choice, celina = ashton's? on 09:55 - Jul 26 by rayman_10

We need more than one winger. My guess is Celina is first choice for LW and Jacobs is a handy player who can play LW, RW and CAM. In a small squad, versatility maybe vital. I don’t think believe there is any arguments but who knows

Conor Chaplin can play across the whole of the front line, so guessing he would be instead of Jacobs and Celina would be in addition.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/256129/Show/Conor-Chaplin

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Jacobs = cook's choice, celina = ashton's? on 10:22 - Jul 26 with 1406 viewsBondiBlue

[Redacted] on 10:20 - Jul 26 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Very perceptive. Yes i am!

The chaplin link is clearly the compromise - someone cook trusts who looks better on the dashboard.

Someone make a netflix series about this.

Jacobs = cook's choice, celina = ashton's? on 10:28 - Jul 26 with 1338 viewsRegencyBlue

That didn’t age well!
[Redacted] on 10:35 - Jul 26 with 1279 viewsvictorywilhappen

Jacobs = cook's choice, celina = ashton's? on 10:22 - Jul 26 by BondiBlue

Very perceptive. Yes i am!

The chaplin link is clearly the compromise - someone cook trusts who looks better on the dashboard.

Someone make a netflix series about this.

[Redacted]
Jacobs = cook's choice, celina = ashton's? on 10:43 - Jul 26 with 1213 viewsBondiBlue

[Redacted] on 10:35 - Jul 26 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Brilliant, isn't it. It's like Bondi at 6am in summer compared to all those other false dawns under evans.

Hearing you guys all get so excited about being back in the stadium after the horrible ifollow experience is a bit gutting though. After 6 years of it i'd just about convinced myself ifollow was half-decent.

Jacobs = cook's choice, celina = ashton's? on 11:59 - Jul 26 with 973 viewsRobbie12345

That's not how the data dashboard works. The data dashboard is used to keep a eye on other clubs' transfer business to make sure we are not over paying on transfer fees and wages.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2021 12:11]

Poll: You can start one vs Birmingham

Jacobs = cook's choice, celina = ashton's? on 12:05 - Jul 26 with 920 viewsTractorCam

Nope.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024