Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: 07:32 - Aug 2 with 2781 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Someone who’s done nothing to deserve being liked/unliked but have managed to cause those emotions from you anyway is the objective here. A ‘proper reason’ person would be Adam Johnson for obvious reasons so he wouldn’t count for this thread. Likewise Grant Holt for being a Budgie wouldn’t count.

Might make for an interesting thread for a Monday morning.

Like :
- Jamie Vardy. Just seems a bit crackers. His windup of home fans at away games when he scores is amusing too.
- Brooks Koepka. No idea why.
- James Wade. See above.
- Kevin Pieterson. Again see above. No reason whatsoever.

Dislike:
- Lewis Hamilton. Always found him arrogant and just can’t take to him.
- Steve Redgrave. Once heard a story of how he refused to do an interview unless each question was started with ‘Sir Steve..’. Weird.

Go.. *

*This thread is in association with Peace and Love, Peace and Love. Have a good Monday TWTD.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2021 7:39]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 08:11 - Aug 2 with 1801 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Andy Murray

John Terry

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 08:19 - Aug 2 with 1773 viewschrismakin

Like: Jimmy Bullard

Dislike : Andy Murray Mum

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 08:20 - Aug 2 with 1776 viewsStenvict

I've recently discovered that I quite like James Guy. Crying tears of happiness because his mate won a Gold, then winning Gold and Silver himself.

Dislike Rio Ferdinand, arrogant pr1ck.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 08:22 - Aug 2 with 1761 viewsWeirdFishes

Like - Jos Buttler, always been desperate for him to do well in test cricket, couldn’t tell you why.
Dislike - Bradley Wiggins, always found he comes across arrogant.

Just on the Redgrave thing, I did an interview with him a few years ago as a student and he couldn’t have been nicer and I definitely didn’t refer to him as Sir Steve.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 08:30 - Aug 2 with 1729 viewsbluelagos

Michael Vaughan
Jurgen Klopp

Dislike
G.Boycott
Frank Lampard

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 08:33 - Aug 2 with 1717 viewsKeno

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 08:22 - Aug 2 by WeirdFishes

Like - Jos Buttler, always been desperate for him to do well in test cricket, couldn’t tell you why.
Dislike - Bradley Wiggins, always found he comes across arrogant.

Just on the Redgrave thing, I did an interview with him a few years ago as a student and he couldn’t have been nicer and I definitely didn’t refer to him as Sir Steve.

Like Buttler, and see also Moheen Ali. That Italian High Jump from yesterday. Mick Mills. Sally Gunnell and a my good friend Robin Cousins

Dislike Hmailion, Huckerby, Chris Sutton

Further category sportsman I didn't like but now do Shame Warne, Ricky Ponting Brian Habana

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 09:04 - Aug 2 with 1627 viewsN2_Blue

Like:

Gary Neville: Think he's a fantastic pundit, and his views non football related seem to be those of a very grounded individual.

Dislike: Naomi Osaka - don't warm to her one bit, and this was all before the mental health episode-- and that didn't help because I think she went about that in a bad way and also striking that fellow professionals weren't 100% supportive of her actions compared to someone like Simone Biles.
I think Osaka has a bit of the bad loser about her unfortunately and just doesn't like awkward questions if she has played badly.
Always appears bit miserable and moody, even when opening the Olympics

Also don't warm to Novak Djokovic one bit.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 09:10 - Aug 2 with 1604 viewsbluelagos

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 08:33 - Aug 2 by Keno

Like Buttler, and see also Moheen Ali. That Italian High Jump from yesterday. Mick Mills. Sally Gunnell and a my good friend Robin Cousins

Dislike Hmailion, Huckerby, Chris Sutton

Further category sportsman I didn't like but now do Shame Warne, Ricky Ponting Brian Habana

Two budgies on a thread for "someone who’s done nothing to deserve being liked/unliked"

Need to read the thread Keno!

Login to get fewer ads

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 09:13 - Aug 2 with 1591 viewsKeno

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 09:10 - Aug 2 by bluelagos

Two budgies on a thread for "someone who’s done nothing to deserve being liked/unliked"

Need to read the thread Keno!

sorry but I cant do a sports people I dislike without Hickerby and Sutton participating in it

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 09:16 - Aug 2 with 1581 viewsbluelagos

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 09:13 - Aug 2 by Keno

sorry but I cant do a sports people I dislike without Hickerby and Sutton participating in it

Fair point, well made.

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 09:27 - Aug 2 with 1534 viewsLord_Lucan

Steve Ovett
Chris Eubank

Dislike

Seb Coe
Nigel Benn

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 09:29 - Aug 2 with 1526 viewsMerseyBlue

Like: Will Sharman - British hurdler who gave brilliant interviews from the mid 2000s to the early 2010s. He wasn't outstanding as an athlete, but he was the sort of underdog with character that you could get behind.

Dislike: Tim Henman - Blandness personified. I get it was slim pickings before Andy Murray rocked up but I could never get excited about Tiger Tim. I always preferred Rusedski and just didn't have time for Tim. Now they've both gone into commentary and don't really rate either of them. Give me Cash and Becker any day.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 09:30 - Aug 2 with 1518 viewsKeno

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 09:27 - Aug 2 by Lord_Lucan

Steve Ovett
Chris Eubank

Dislike

Seb Coe
Nigel Benn

I meet Steve Ovett a few times as he banked where I worked, and yes nice guy.

Randomly we also had Peter and the Test Tube Babies bank with us.

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 09:30 - Aug 2 with 1518 viewsMerseyBlue

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 09:27 - Aug 2 by Lord_Lucan

Steve Ovett
Chris Eubank

Dislike

Seb Coe
Nigel Benn

Seb Coe is a shout, can't stand the man.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 09:31 - Aug 2 with 1514 viewsN2_Blue

Steve Ovett
Chris Eubank

Dislike

Seb Coe
Nigel Benn

yes to Seb Coe....really don't like him one bit....and i have no idea why

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 09:35 - Aug 2 with 1488 viewsBiGDonnie

So you don't like people you've never met or spoken too?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 09:38 - Aug 2 with 1464 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Like:

Dennis Irwin
Nick Kyrgios
Katarina Johnson-Thompson

Dislike:

Jordan Spieth
Samir Nasri
Faf De Clerk
Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 09:43 - Aug 2 with 1439 viewsPlums

Like:
Stuart Broad
Greg Norman

Dislike:
Nathan Lyon (although the Test documentary changed that and made me realise how pathetic my dislike was)
Mo Farah. I just don’t buy it.
Tennis fans

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 09:55 - Aug 2 with 1392 viewsWarkystache

Like: Geraint Thomas, Mark Cavendish, Adam Peaty, Seb Vettel, Lewis Hamilton, Roger Federer, Ash Barty.

Dislike: Gabby Logan, Bradley Wiggins, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Max Verstappen, Kelly Holmes and Chris Sutton.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 10:13 - Aug 2 with 1336 viewsGeoffSentence

Steve Ovett
Chris Eubank

Dislike

Seb Coe
Nigel Benn

That whole Ovett/Coe rivalry was always a lot of fun. Ovett, a down to earth ordinary fella, against Coe's smarmy toff.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 10:19 - Aug 2 with 1292 viewsnoggin

Like. Eric Cantona, for kicking a racist.
Marcus Rashford, for feeding poor children.
Gary Neville, for calling out Johnson for inciting racism.

Bit of a Man Utd love in going on.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2021 10:21]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 10:19 - Aug 2 with 1289 viewsGeoffSentence

I have a bit of a dislike, one which might be unreasonable - you decide, for any athlete who competes with the advantage of theraputic use exemptions for drugs.

For instance Simone Biles, who can't perform without ADHD meds, or Bradly Wiggins and his asthma treatment.

For me, if you can't compete without the benefit of drugs you should probably just accept that you aren't meant to be a top class athlete.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 10:23 - Aug 2 with 1252 viewsEly_Blue

Like - Lewis Hamilton - model pro sportsman who hasn’t been handed things on a plate,
Mo Farrah - genuine down to earth guy

Dislike - Max verstappen , Sebastian Vettel - both whinge like mad when they have done to them what they do to others, if you can’t take it then don’t dish it out.
Robbie Savage - just a troll
Any ex budgie like Holt, Sutton, Maddison etc

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 10:23 - Aug 2 with 1251 viewsleitrimblue

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 09:35 - Aug 2 by BiGDonnie

So you don't like people you've never met or spoken too?

As a child in the 70,s early 80,s I could not stand Rolf Harris or Jimmy Saville even though I'd never meet them. Hated Jim I'll fix it, couldn't watch Rolfs cartoon club. Clearly as a small child I was a feckin deadly judge of character...
Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 10:27 - Aug 2 with 1210 viewsnoggin

Sportsman (and women) you like and dislike for no proper reason: on 09:43 - Aug 2 by Plums

Like:
Stuart Broad
Greg Norman

Dislike:
Nathan Lyon (although the Test documentary changed that and made me realise how pathetic my dislike was)
Mo Farah. I just don’t buy it.
Tennis fans

Don't buy what?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024