Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incredible business once more 12:38 - Aug 30 with 5231 viewsKeaneish

Anyone questioning the signing of Celina needs their head read. We now have two quality players In every attacking position competing for a position - this is really healthy and nothing but.

Although I’m in no doubt we’ve now tipped the scales on wages compared to last season if we hadn’t before, the amount of quality we’ve been able to attract because of our management staff on top of heightened salaries is exceptional.

Now, sort the leaky defence out with a commanding keeper like Walton, a fit Edmunson and hopefully a skipper in Morsy to compliment that midfield.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Incredible business once more on 12:39 - Aug 30 with 2604 viewsHerbivore

Definitely can't see any potential issues with having 20+ players all expecting to start regularly. I'm sure it'll all be fine.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Incredible business once more on 12:42 - Aug 30 with 2554 viewschrismakin

Incredible business once more on 12:39 - Aug 30 by Herbivore

Definitely can't see any potential issues with having 20+ players all expecting to start regularly. I'm sure it'll all be fine.

yeah, much better having 40 players who's only concern is will colchester take me.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Incredible business once more on 12:42 - Aug 30 with 2558 viewsWD19

Who is the 1 person competing for the spot Celina might have?
Incredible business once more on 12:43 - Aug 30 with 2548 viewsKeaneish

Competition improves the squad, it doesn’t debilitate it. Pushing players week in week out to be at their optimum is the level we should be at, players should never be guaranteed to start - it breeds complacency.

Incredible business once more on 12:43 - Aug 30 with 2552 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Walton and Celina are incredible signings at this level. The only people knocking them are those who are a little bit against Cook and desperate for another stick to whack him with.

If Cook had done nothing and we'd been needing some flair on a wing or more solidity still from the keeper, they'd be the first complaining.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Incredible business once more on 12:43 - Aug 30 with 2548 viewspointofblue

My only concern with the Celina transfer is his apparent unavailability until Christmas. It strikes me as a “what’s the point?” transfer.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Incredible business once more on 12:45 - Aug 30 with 2510 viewsHerbivore

Incredible business once more on 12:43 - Aug 30 by Keaneish

Competition improves the squad, it doesn’t debilitate it. Pushing players week in week out to be at their optimum is the level we should be at, players should never be guaranteed to start - it breeds complacency.

That's not what Cook was suggesting when he came in and saw us with a similarly bloated squad. There's a lot of rewriting of history going on here to see all these signings as nothing but a good thing.

Incredible business once more on 12:45 - Aug 30 with 2513 viewsIllinoisblue

As if we can keep 20 players fit at the same time

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Incredible business once more on 12:46 - Aug 30 with 2509 viewsWD19

Incredible business once more on 12:43 - Aug 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

Walton and Celina are incredible signings at this level. The only people knocking them are those who are a little bit against Cook and desperate for another stick to whack him with.

If Cook had done nothing and we'd been needing some flair on a wing or more solidity still from the keeper, they'd be the first complaining.

You have just made that up.

Cook was my first choice and I am desperate for him to succeed. The Walton signing is great and a necessity. The Celina one (following the signing of Aluko and Barry) is just weird.
Incredible business once more on 12:48 - Aug 30 with 2460 viewschrismakin

Incredible business once more on 12:45 - Aug 30 by Illinoisblue

As if we can keep 20 players fit at the same time

What makes me laugh about this aswell

What club has a squad of players who aren't fussed if they start or not?

Surely all squads have players who expect to start and push to do so no?

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Incredible business once more on 12:50 - Aug 30 with 2433 viewsSamWhiteUK

Incredible business once more on 12:45 - Aug 30 by Herbivore

That's not what Cook was suggesting when he came in and saw us with a similarly bloated squad. There's a lot of rewriting of history going on here to see all these signings as nothing but a good thing.

We had a squad bloated with sh*te. Remind me who is rewriting history?
Incredible business once more on 12:50 - Aug 30 with 2420 viewsbobbyramsey

Is the squad similarly bloated? Far from it I believe?
Incredible business once more on 12:52 - Aug 30 with 2393 viewsKeaneish

You seem to be determined to pour cold water over everything. We had a bloated squad and we’ve moved 23 on and sent 6 loan players back. New recruits total 18 with far greater potency and quality throughout. I highly suspect some will move on too or be released ie: Kenlock, Jackson

Seems like you’re rewriting the present.

Incredible business once more on 12:52 - Aug 30 with 2390 viewsSitfcB

Incredible business once more on 12:43 - Aug 30 by pointofblue

My only concern with the Celina transfer is his apparent unavailability until Christmas. It strikes me as a “what’s the point?” transfer.

That’s not that case anymore. It was thought he’d be out for 3 months but was given the all clear to return.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Incredible business once more on 12:53 - Aug 30 with 2373 viewschrismakin

Incredible business once more on 12:52 - Aug 30 by Keaneish

You seem to be determined to pour cold water over everything. We had a bloated squad and we’ve moved 23 on and sent 6 loan players back. New recruits total 18 with far greater potency and quality throughout. I highly suspect some will move on too or be released ie: Kenlock, Jackson

he;s getting nervous that things will go well.

Incredible business once more on 12:55 - Aug 30 with 2339 viewspointofblue

Incredible business once more on 12:52 - Aug 30 by SitfcB

That’s not that case anymore. It was thought he’d be out for 3 months but was given the all clear to return.

Someone said Phil commented he would be out until Christmas this morning though admittedly I haven’t seen him say that myself. If he can play a part then perfectly happy with the signing.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Incredible business once more on 12:56 - Aug 30 with 2337 viewsITFCBlues

Incredible business once more on 12:43 - Aug 30 by pointofblue

Who the hell suggested he's not available until Xmas 😂😂😂

Do people just like to make stuff up?!

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Incredible business once more on 12:57 - Aug 30 with 2319 viewschrismakin

Incredible business once more on 12:56 - Aug 30 by ITFCBlues

Who the hell suggested he's not available until Xmas 😂😂😂

Do people just like to make stuff up?!

He can't play due to his heart problem. He will not be available for a few months.

Is it a proactive 2nd half of the season signing.

Incredible business once more on 12:58 - Aug 30 with 2308 viewsSitfcB

Incredible business once more on 12:55 - Aug 30 by pointofblue

Someone said Phil commented he would be out until Christmas this morning though admittedly I haven’t seen him say that myself. If he can play a part then perfectly happy with the signing.

Just checked Phil’s posts on here and can’t see anything. If he was out to Christmas I doubt we’d be signing him now.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Incredible business once more on 12:58 - Aug 30 with 2301 viewsITFCBlues

Incredible business once more on 12:57 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

He can't play due to his heart problem. He will not be available for a few months.

Is it a proactive 2nd half of the season signing.

He's litreally in the Kosovo squad for their games over the next 2 weeks. He's fit to play.

Incredible business once more on 12:58 - Aug 30 with 2292 viewsJon_456

Incredible business once more on 12:46 - Aug 30 by WD19

You have just made that up.

Cook was my first choice and I am desperate for him to succeed. The Walton signing is great and a necessity. The Celina one (following the signing of Aluko and Barry) is just weird.

I wouldn’t say Celina is the weird signing out of those 3. He’s probably been one of our top targets all summer and when he had those heart issues, we had to look elsewhere which is why we’ve brought the other two in.

You’d be mad to turn down Celina just because you have Aluko.
Incredible business once more on 13:04 - Aug 30 with 2243 viewschrismakin

Incredible business once more on 12:58 - Aug 30 by ITFCBlues

He's litreally in the Kosovo squad for their games over the next 2 weeks. He's fit to play.

how bizarre then, Definately read under the transfer link that his heart problem was keepin him out of action for a few months.......

Found it, part of the EADT piece

On August 2, Kosovan journalist Arlind Sadiku wrote: "Bersant Celina has an infection (pericarditis) and needs to rest for three months. He is receiving treatment at home, and will return to the club in a month.

[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 13:06]

Incredible business once more on 13:04 - Aug 30 with 2239 viewsHerbivore

Incredible business once more on 12:52 - Aug 30 by Keaneish

If you think all is great then good for you. I have some reservations about our approach.

Incredible business once more on 13:08 - Aug 30 with 2189 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Incredible business once more on 13:04 - Aug 30 by Herbivore

If you think all is great then good for you. I have some reservations about our approach.

By god you're negative.

Didn't you email the club to demand Lamberts sacking and refuse to put another penny into the club until he was removed?

Well, you won. Now what? Complain again?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Incredible business once more on 13:09 - Aug 30 with 2176 viewsITFCBlues

Incredible business once more on 13:04 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

how bizarre then, Definately read under the transfer link that his heart problem was keepin him out of action for a few months.......

Found it, part of the EADT piece

On August 2, Kosovan journalist Arlind Sadiku wrote: "Bersant Celina has an infection (pericarditis) and needs to rest for three months. He is receiving treatment at home, and will return to the club in a month.

[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 13:06]

Think couple of weeks back he was passed fit to play.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024