Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morsy’s words illustrate …. 19:18 - Sep 3 with 3735 viewsArnieM

Exactly why we have the right manager at this Club

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/sam-morsy-on-itfc-move-and-paul-cook-8

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 22:11 - Sep 3 with 2944 viewschrismakin

Surprising really

We've been told he's a rubbish man manager
Universally not popular with ex players
Throws his weight around

Etc etc

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 22:21 - Sep 3 with 2926 viewsIllinoisblue

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 22:11 - Sep 3 by chrismakin

Surprising really

Throws his weight around

Etc etc

Have you been told that? By whom?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 22:26 - Sep 3 with 2893 viewschrismakin

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 22:21 - Sep 3 by Illinoisblue

From what I've personally been told.. far far from it

From what we lead to believe on here... Well I can't bring up said poster and the others as it upsets people. But perhaps at some point some posters may start looking at the truth rather than made up nonsense.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 22:36]

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 22:34 - Sep 3 with 2869 viewsCoastalblue

Surprising really

Throws his weight around

Etc etc

I would think you'd hear both views about pretty much any manager, depending upon the player and how they fared under them.

Manager likes you and fancies you as a player then the chances are you're going to say nice things further down the line, but a team mate who was booted to the bench regularly might say different.

I like Cook and think and hope he'll do well here, but this sort of stuff is just media fluff isn't it?

Look at the the stuff you can read about RK, from both sides of the argument.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 22:34 - Sep 3 with 2879 viewsitfcjoe

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 22:21 - Sep 3 by Illinoisblue

Let me guess, the board blowhard is spouting off about me again?

I have him on ignore, but can guarantee he has yet again claimed i said he was universally unpopular, when he was explained to by half a dozen posters in the thread that that wasn’t what I said and that ‘not universally popular’ does not mean ‘universally not popular’

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 22:36 - Sep 3 with 2852 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 22:34 - Sep 3 by itfcjoe

I have him on ignore, but can guarantee he has yet again claimed i said he was universally unpopular, when he was explained to by half a dozen posters in the thread that that wasn’t what I said and that ‘not universally popular’ does not mean ‘universally not popular’

Trying to play his slant on things you have said and being put right - not that he will listen.

I wouldn't worry about anything he says, Joe.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 22:39 - Sep 3 with 2831 viewsCoastalblue

Actually he hasn't this time to be fair, he's declined to say it whilst leaving us in no doubt what was intended.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 22:41 - Sep 3 with 2804 viewschrismakin

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 22:36 - Sep 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Trying to play his slant on things you have said and being put right - not that he will listen.

Listen to what, he can spin it anyway he likes it Is the same.
No.different to when he told PC to leave. But he will deny that too. Not forgetting the gym situation which does still really annoy me as was complete fabrication and I feel strongly against the fact he's not apologised for it.

Anyway it's not just Joe it's others anyway being proved wrong. Time and time again but they hide away rather than owning up to it.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 22:52]

Login to get fewer ads

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 22:43 - Sep 3 with 2783 viewschrismakin

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 22:34 - Sep 3 by Coastalblue

I would think you'd hear both views about pretty much any manager, depending upon the player and how they fared under them.

Manager likes you and fancies you as a player then the chances are you're going to say nice things further down the line, but a team mate who was booted to the bench regularly might say different.

I like Cook and think and hope he'll do well here, but this sort of stuff is just media fluff isn't it?

Look at the the stuff you can read about RK, from both sides of the argument.

Not really
We've heard from ex players. Ex coaches. Current coaches. All have said the same about PC as a person and as a manager and his approach.

People always say to me recognise when I'm wrong etc.

But you never see these posters actually admit they were and half the stuff they posted was their own opinion rather than actual information.

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 23:18 - Sep 3 with 2635 views_sanctimoanious_

Not wishing to stoke any fires but not one single manager in the history of the universe in any walk of life is 'universally popular' so not sure what the point being made was? Anything can be spun to support any single persons agenda.

The players even lord Mick bombed from his squads will think he's a bellend whilst those he trusted will think he the king of all men. All managers want to build a brotherhood of warriors they can trust don't they?
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 23:21]
Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 23:29 - Sep 3 with 2573 viewsChurchman

You may well be right and anyone who really follows this club hopes he is. We’ve waited long enough.

Cook clearly attracts loyalty from his players and coaching staff and he has done well elsewhere. That’s all good, but it’s up to him to deliver here now. He has his players so fingers crossed that he can.
Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 23:36 - Sep 3 with 2555 viewspointofblue

We have a manager who, with the support of the chief exec, has put together an excellent squad. We have to see what happens on the pitch before we can be sure he's the right one.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 07:29 - Sep 4 with 2195 viewsitfcjoe

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 23:18 - Sep 3 by _sanctimoanious_

Not wishing to stoke any fires but not one single manager in the history of the universe in any walk of life is 'universally popular' so not sure what the point being made was? Anything can be spun to support any single persons agenda.

The players even lord Mick bombed from his squads will think he's a bellend whilst those he trusted will think he the king of all men. All managers want to build a brotherhood of warriors they can trust don't they?
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 23:21]

I don’t disagree, just before Cook was appointed I was speaking to a friend who had a nephew play under him at Pompey, I was saying how Cook is available and would be a great appointment and she said how he was a nightmare….didn’t speak to players after games and a load including her nephew couldn’t stick him.

And just for balance her nephew played every game, was a star player there and not someone you’d have expected not to get on with him - which had lead me to say he wasn’t universally popular. But that’s a massive way from saying he is universally unpopular

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 07:45 - Sep 4 with 2152 viewsChurchman

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 07:29 - Sep 4 by itfcjoe

I don’t disagree, just before Cook was appointed I was speaking to a friend who had a nephew play under him at Pompey, I was saying how Cook is available and would be a great appointment and she said how he was a nightmare….didn’t speak to players after games and a load including her nephew couldn’t stick him.

And just for balance her nephew played every game, was a star player there and not someone you’d have expected not to get on with him - which had lead me to say he wasn’t universally popular. But that’s a massive way from saying he is universally unpopular

I’ve no idea how it works in football, but for me, in the workplace I always thought that the crucial thing was to be respected. It’s nice if you are liked of course, but personally I never bothered or thought too much about that. Life isn’t a popularity contest. Respect and trust were the key things. Hard won, easily lost.
Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 07:53 - Sep 4 with 2113 viewschrismakin

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 07:29 - Sep 4 by itfcjoe

Point of order here... in my post above I said universally not popular. Not universally unpopular.

Anyways jepfest Today. Enjoy your day all.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2021 7:55]

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 07:56 - Sep 4 with 2102 viewsWD19

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 22:36 - Sep 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

That comment he made about Joe’s personal hygiene though…….seemed a bit unnecessary.
Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 08:02 - Sep 4 with 2070 viewsitfcjoe

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 07:45 - Sep 4 by Churchman

I’ve no idea how it works in football, but for me, in the workplace I always thought that the crucial thing was to be respected. It’s nice if you are liked of course, but personally I never bothered or thought too much about that. Life isn’t a popularity contest. Respect and trust were the key things. Hard won, easily lost.

This was what surprised me re the conversation, that he didn’t seem to and if you’d have looked at how much he had played under him you’d have assumed he was one of his key generals.

I think there is an element of football players where even if they don’t like a manager they sometimes prefer to go with what they know - you see that by players constantly signing for managers like Steve Evans and Graham Westley, and even Roy Keane here. Not that I’m anyway saying that is why those have signed here have done so as sure they have a great respect for Cook to have dropped down

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 08:58 - Sep 4 with 1921 viewsChurchman

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 08:02 - Sep 4 by itfcjoe

This was what surprised me re the conversation, that he didn’t seem to and if you’d have looked at how much he had played under him you’d have assumed he was one of his key generals.

I think there is an element of football players where even if they don’t like a manager they sometimes prefer to go with what they know - you see that by players constantly signing for managers like Steve Evans and Graham Westley, and even Roy Keane here. Not that I’m anyway saying that is why those have signed here have done so as sure they have a great respect for Cook to have dropped down

I’m sure that’s the case. It’s human nature. Everyone is resistant to change, which is one of the reasons why doing something complex like rebuilding a football club is so hard. I can understand why some would gravitate towards ‘the devil you know’ as opposed to the unknown.

I suspect there will be some players that like the bloke, some that don’t, some that respect him others that don’t give a hoot, some will see an opportunity to further their careers in the longer term etc etc. The full mixture.

The trick is moulding them into something better than the sum of the parts. I happen to think Cook has made it harder for himself than he might have but regardless, here’s hoping he gets it right.
Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 09:08 - Sep 4 with 1877 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Surprising really

Throws his weight around

Etc etc

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 09:10 - Sep 4 with 1867 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'm not fussed about positive interviews, we've had plenty of those over the last 20 years.

I want to see results.

Hopefully Morsy and Celina can help us deliver some wins.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 10:16 - Sep 4 with 1696 viewsreusersfreekicks

Yep it was Paul Cooks TWTD minder stirring it again.
So tedious
Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 10:32 - Sep 4 with 1657 viewschrismakin

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 10:16 - Sep 4 by reusersfreekicks

Yep it was Paul Cooks TWTD minder stirring it again.
So tedious

Stirring lol I didn't start the thread:)

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 10:51 - Sep 4 with 1576 viewspointofblue

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 10:32 - Sep 4 by chrismakin

Stirring lol I didn't start the thread:)

But the OP didn’t make a dig another poster.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 13:45 - Sep 4 with 1355 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He needs to win games though.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 14:25 - Sep 4 with 1317 viewssolemio

Morsy’s words illustrate …. on 22:41 - Sep 3 by chrismakin

Listen to what, he can spin it anyway he likes it Is the same.
No.different to when he told PC to leave. But he will deny that too. Not forgetting the gym situation which does still really annoy me as was complete fabrication and I feel strongly against the fact he's not apologised for it.

Anyway it's not just Joe it's others anyway being proved wrong. Time and time again but they hide away rather than owning up to it.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 22:52]

Okay, I admit it. I said that Kevin Beattie would never be strong enough to take over from Derek Jefferson.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024