Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? 10:46 - Nov 9 with 2779 viewsdavblue

Norwood, Barry, Wolfenden to leave off the top of my head.

in a new CB, LB? Longshot but maybe a RB.
So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 10:47 - Nov 9 with 2574 viewsFixed_It

Think Woolfie has to stay as a homegrown player - unless Kenlock has a resurrection!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 10:54 - Nov 9 with 2534 viewsSitfcB

Wes Burns for £4million.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 10:59 - Nov 9 with 2503 viewswkj

All eyes on Donacien for me, as I think he only has 6 months left.

I don't want to see him go, though my assumption is that he's on quite a hefty contract as he was signed when we were in the league above.

I wouldn't be shocked if we try to sell him in the winter to at least get some kind of return. (I would prefer a contract extension though)

If we can sell Jackson, he'll be off too. He must also be on a fairly modest contract as he was bought in to be the marquee striker under Hurst. My assumption is that we triggered the option on his contract in order to try and recover some money from him.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 11:03 - Nov 9 with 2488 viewsBluebell

I think a lot will depend on whether Bonne is recalled. If he stays I can see both Norwood and Jackson going.

I assume Celina has no recall and will stay for the whole season.

Can we get Simpson back from Swindon? He has to be better than Barry.

I hope we can keep Woolfie.
So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 11:04 - Nov 9 with 2462 viewsFixed_It

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 11:03 - Nov 9 by Bluebell

I think a lot will depend on whether Bonne is recalled. If he stays I can see both Norwood and Jackson going.

Simpson is NOT better than Barry. Nowhere near.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 11:06 - Nov 9 with 2458 viewswkj

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 11:03 - Nov 9 by Bluebell

I don't want to throw Wolfenden out, but if better can be brought in during the Jan window - a window we're supposedly preparing to be active in, I can't see him featuring too often in the first team beyond this season.

Not a bad player as such, but not a great one either.

Crybaby

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 11:06 - Nov 9 with 2457 viewsJ2BLUE

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 11:04 - Nov 9 by Fixed_It

Simpson is NOT better than Barry. Nowhere near.

Think she meant for us. As in offering us more of what we need rather than Barry whose talent is being wasted because we have better options.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 11:13 - Nov 9 with 2423 viewsFixed_It

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 11:06 - Nov 9 by J2BLUE

Think she meant for us. As in offering us more of what we need rather than Barry whose talent is being wasted because we have better options.

Ppssibly. But from what I have seen and heard Simpson is a very limited player - very raw and technically poor. He has scored goals in the Fourth Division but his overall play leaves a lot to be desired.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2021 11:14]

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Login to get fewer ads

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 11:14 - Nov 9 with 2411 viewsSitfcB

Cole Stockton in.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 12:18 - Nov 9 with 2259 viewshomer_123

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 11:13 - Nov 9 by Fixed_It

Ppssibly. But from what I have seen and heard Simpson is a very limited player - very raw and technically poor. He has scored goals in the Fourth Division but his overall play leaves a lot to be desired.

And we are in the third division....just to clarify.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 12:26 - Nov 9 with 2226 viewsFixed_It

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 12:18 - Nov 9 by homer_123

And we are in the third division....just to clarify.

Thanks. I had noticed.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 12:49 - Nov 9 with 2130 viewsjayessess

Barry I'm sure will be recalled.

I'd be surprised if anyone else we picked up in the Summer is being considered for a move, which leaves:
KVY, Nsiala and Donacien, too regularly involved to move on.
Woolfenden, who counts as our over-21 home grown player.

Then Holy, Kenlock, Nolan, Norwood, Jackson, who've played 42 league minutes between and are almost certainly available for transfer. Whether they'll be any easier to get rid of in January than they were in the Summer, I don't know.

In terms of incoming, seems like we're not quite happy with the centre backs yet, but that'll depend on whether anything better than Burgess is available.

Unless Coulson's injury is bad I can't see that we'll be looking at LBs or RBs.

Backup to Morsy is the obvious one and Fleetwood's Jay Matete the obvious answer.
If we're waving off 2 strikers (3 if you count Barry), then we'll probably need a good 3rd option - but not going to be easy to find someone for that role. Dion Charles? Although you'd want to careful with his attitude, given how he's fallen out with Accrington.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 14:49 - Nov 9 with 1958 viewsIpswichKnight

Barry, Norwood, Jackson, Nolan and Holy will all be available and also if we do move them on clear out a nice bit of wage too.

Incomings we probably want a 3rd choice striker, another CB and a reserve for Morsey for when he picks up the obvious 5th yellow card and probably a red as well!
So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 15:21 - Nov 9 with 1897 viewsfranz_tyson

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 12:49 - Nov 9 by jayessess

I'd be surprised if anyone else we picked up in the Summer is being considered for a move, which leaves:

Then Holy, Kenlock, Nolan, Norwood, Jackson, who've played 42 league minutes between and are almost certainly available for transfer. Whether they'll be any easier to get rid of in January than they were in the Summer, I don't know.

In terms of incoming, seems like we're not quite happy with the centre backs yet, but that'll depend on whether anything better than Burgess is available.

Backup to Morsy is the obvious one and Fleetwood's Jay Matete the obvious answer.
If we're waving off 2 strikers (3 if you count Barry), then we'll probably need a good 3rd option - but not going to be easy to find someone for that role. Dion Charles? Although you'd want to careful with his attitude, given how he's fallen out with Accrington.

Good shout for Matete.
We need a back up to Morsy and as he’s a young lad maybe can handle being a back up or having to fight with Evans for a place.

Experienced CB with maybe Woolf out on loan.
So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 15:43 - Nov 9 with 1818 viewstractordownsouth

If Coulson continues to have injury problems, I think a new LB is the main priority. He may even be recalled regardless because he's a good fit for a Chris Wilder system.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 15:44 - Nov 9 with 1811 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Barry I think will go back.

Norwood, Jackson to go even if on loan to EOC. Thags creates 2 more slots for players.

Kenlock maybe but I don't think he's taking up a squad space so don't think that has an impact.

Woolfie to stay.

If Bonne goes back that changes things but I'd still expect JN and KJ to go with someone else coming in on loan.

I certainly think defensive reinforcements are where we need to be looking

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 16:31 - Nov 9 with 1682 viewsOldboy

Norwood defo yes, if anyone is stupid enough to take him.
Barry defo yes. Waste of time and money getting him in.
Woolfy defo no. Done enough for now.
So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 16:59 - Nov 9 with 1597 viewsmonty_radio

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 11:13 - Nov 9 by Fixed_It

Give him a break! - the lad is 19 and on-loan precisely to foster his development. and, from the Quest weekly highlights, seemingly holding his own at hardened L2 level while scoring regularly. He's a physical handful now, and, if the rawness is smoothed, only likely to become more potent.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 17:00 - Nov 9 with 1585 viewsmonty_radio

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 15:21 - Nov 9 by franz_tyson

Good shout for Matete.
We need a back up to Morsy and as he’s a young lad maybe can handle being a back up or having to fight with Evans for a place.

I think Woolfie's done with the loan bit. It's either here or off for good.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2021 17:01]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 17:11 - Nov 9 with 1535 viewsbilllm

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 11:06 - Nov 9 by wkj

I don't want to throw Wolfenden out, but if better can be brought in during the Jan window - a window we're supposedly preparing to be active in, I can't see him featuring too often in the first team beyond this season.

Not a bad player as such, but not a great one either.

Agree could have been a really good player, something went wrong somewhere let his career slip, maybe a move will get him back on track,
So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 17:15 - Nov 9 with 1518 viewsjayessess

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 15:21 - Nov 9 by franz_tyson

Good shout for Matete.

Contract up in the Summer, so presumably Fleetwood would take some cash now rather than lose him for nothing in the Summer.

Don't think we'll send Woolfie out on loan again and shouldn't really. At this point, either we think he ultimately has what it takes to play at this level (and the level above) or we don't.

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 17:20 - Nov 9 with 1499 views_sanctimoanious_

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 11:14 - Nov 9 by SitfcB

Cole Stockton in.

He’s been good for all of about 8 games. Not for me.
So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 17:21 - Nov 9 with 1494 viewschrismakin

Norwood
Nolan
Kenlock
Holy
Barry
Jackson

Out imo

We will see another CB in I think and maybe even another LB with coulson going back. No point having a loan if he's missing most games.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 17:23 - Nov 9 with 1483 viewsjayessess

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 17:21 - Nov 9 by chrismakin

Norwood
Nolan
Kenlock
Holy
Barry
Jackson

Out imo

We will see another CB in I think and maybe even another LB with coulson going back. No point having a loan if he's missing most games.

Guess it depends what the medical department are saying? If last Tuesday was just a contact injury and all he's got is a bruise and a dead leg, then no need to send him back on ability

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 17:33 - Nov 9 with 1433 viewswkj

So who will be leaving/coming in Jan then? on 12:49 - Nov 9 by jayessess

Matete would be a great capture for me.

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024