Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How to become a top two side then? 19:41 - Nov 13 with 2591 viewspennblue

I think we are now a top six side

What’s needed?

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

How to become a top two side then? on 19:57 - Nov 13 with 1936 viewssnotbucket

We've got the players... it's down to the coaching and improving understanding between players in my opinion.
How to become a top two side then? on 19:59 - Nov 13 with 1922 viewsElderGrizzly

Right now, about 12/13 pts.
How to become a top two side then? on 20:00 - Nov 13 with 1921 viewsMullet

How to become a top two side then? on 19:59 - Nov 13 by ElderGrizzly

Right now, about 12/13 pts.

Think we'll need more than that this season.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

How to become a top two side then? on 20:00 - Nov 13 with 1919 viewsJDB23

Not sure top 2 is achievable tbh. We need to have incredible form from now until the end of the season to make it and we’ve yet to show that consistent level. Think we’ll probably finish 5th/6th.
How to become a top two side then? on 20:04 - Nov 13 with 1889 viewsElderGrizzly

How to become a top two side then? on 20:00 - Nov 13 by Mullet

Think we'll need more than that this season.

No-one likes a smart arse. :)
How to become a top two side then? on 20:05 - Nov 13 with 1886 viewsLeoMuff

A slight defensive improvement and cutting out the goals conceded at key points, going fowards up till now no problem.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

How to become a top two side then? on 20:07 - Nov 13 with 1879 viewsOldboy

Think we will need to tie Walton and Bonne deals up and add another forward to the squad. We will also need to have a quality cover for Morsy. Think this squad isn't a long way off.
How to become a top two side then? on 20:12 - Nov 13 with 1847 viewswkj

I still don't quite feel good about the back line. Burgess is a very weak link, but Wolfenden and Toto both are good footballers, but both make costly mistakes. (Toto played really well today)

Something I would say is still wrong is the left wing, we have the players - but we need to form relationships. Burns and Donacien are a great team on the right, but we don't have that synergy on the left.

Ultimately, it is probably coaching and tactics that will sway it for us - we need to figure out how to beat teams who put men behind the ball. None of use like hoofball, but there are some teams you just have to play direct against. Playing out from the back against a team that want to defend is misserable.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

How to become a top two side then? on 21:01 - Nov 13 with 1744 viewsblueboyd

last time I looked at the table we are not a top six side. watching the game today, we are not a top six side. - stop fooling yourself.
How to become a top two side then? on 21:04 - Nov 13 with 1722 viewschrismakin

Goalscoring left sided inside forward and Bonne to be swapped with Piggot to keep attack fresh

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

How to become a top two side then? on 21:06 - Nov 13 with 1709 viewswkj

How to become a top two side then? on 21:04 - Nov 13 by chrismakin

Goalscoring left sided inside forward and Bonne to be swapped with Piggot to keep attack fresh

This is a lambingo move imho. Bonne hasn't done enough to be dropped, Pigott hasn't done enough to leapfrog him.

Clearly, we need Norwood.

Crybaby

How to become a top two side then? on 21:08 - Nov 13 with 1693 viewsHerbivore

How to become a top two side then? on 21:06 - Nov 13 by wkj

This is a lambingo move imho. Bonne hasn't done enough to be dropped, Pigott hasn't done enough to leapfrog him.

Clearly, we need Norwood.

Our best run of League 1 form was back at the start of 2019/20 with Norwood and Jackson partnered up in a front two. Both still at the club, just saying.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

How to become a top two side then? on 21:10 - Nov 13 with 1673 viewswkj

How to become a top two side then? on 21:08 - Nov 13 by Herbivore

Our best run of League 1 form was back at the start of 2019/20 with Norwood and Jackson partnered up in a front two. Both still at the club, just saying.

I think that sums things up really. If we had a 2 up top system, we'd have players who could do well - for whatever reason, we just wont see that any more.

Crybaby

How to become a top two side then? on 21:10 - Nov 13 with 1676 viewsNthsuffolkblue

According to the form table, we are currently a top six side. It is only because we spent so long being a bottom 6 side that we have so much ground to catch up. If we can continue to be at least a top six side (maybe top 3 or 4 for spells), for the rest of the season we will finish in the top six. The bigger issue is getting promoted which requires us winning the play-offs or making it to the top two in time for May.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

How to become a top two side then? on 21:31 - Nov 13 with 1600 viewsblueboyd

How to become a top two side then? on 21:10 - Nov 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

According to the form table, we are currently a top six side. It is only because we spent so long being a bottom 6 side that we have so much ground to catch up. If we can continue to be at least a top six side (maybe top 3 or 4 for spells), for the rest of the season we will finish in the top six. The bigger issue is getting promoted which requires us winning the play-offs or making it to the top two in time for May.

we are not a top six side.... we are 9th....... stop kidding yourself.

League table is what decides things, not form table....

We ArE nOt ToP sIx
How to become a top two side then? on 23:14 - Nov 13 with 1401 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How to become a top two side then? on 21:31 - Nov 13 by blueboyd

we are not a top six side.... we are 9th....... stop kidding yourself.

League table is what decides things, not form table....

We ArE nOt ToP sIx

Re-read what I put - Doh!

In the form table.

What makes us not currently a top 6 side ...

Doh!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

How to become a top two side then? on 01:02 - Nov 14 with 1313 viewsOsborneOneNil

How to become a top two side then? on 21:08 - Nov 13 by Herbivore

Not heard about Norwood and the fact he has zero chance of playing again for Town?

Thought not.
How to become a top two side then? on 06:33 - Nov 14 with 1206 viewsDavoIPB

How to become a top two side then? on 21:01 - Nov 13 by blueboyd

last time I looked at the table we are not a top six side. watching the game today, we are not a top six side. - stop fooling yourself.

This league we are a top six side. From what I've seen only Plymouth and Oxford are better than us at present. We matched Plymouth as well and were unlucky not to draw against them.
How to become a top two side then? on 07:15 - Nov 14 with 1163 viewssolomon

Belief and support. That’s it.
How to become a top two side then? on 08:02 - Nov 14 with 1109 viewsHerbivore

How to become a top two side then? on 01:02 - Nov 14 by OsborneOneNil

Not heard about Norwood and the fact he has zero chance of playing again for Town?

Thought not.

Whoosh! Too easy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

How to become a top two side then? on 08:21 - Nov 14 with 1067 viewsblueboyd

How to become a top two side then? on 06:33 - Nov 14 by DavoIPB

This league we are a top six side. From what I've seen only Plymouth and Oxford are better than us at present. We matched Plymouth as well and were unlucky not to draw against them.

you make zero sense, are you one of these people who drives a corsa but has convinced yourself it is a ferrari?

it is like calling myself someone in the peak of physical condition because I have convinced myself the 6 big macs I eat a day and the 15 hours I spend sitting on my backside do not happen..

if we are a top six side, what position do we currently sit and how many times have we been in the top six this season?

Please stop dreaming....
How to become a top two side then? on 08:37 - Nov 14 with 1023 viewsChateauWines

I understand exactly what original post meant.
I agree we are a top six side in how we are at moment and will finish the season in at least a play off position. To become a top two side I think we need a bit more time, the players to gel even more and for us to make Portman Road even lo

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

How to become a top two side then? on 09:11 - Nov 14 with 975 viewskizaitfc

I think we are a top two side, just a top two side that gave the rest of the teams a 10 game head start.

Therefore we will be fighting for playoffs this season and may need a little luck to go up.

If we don't go up I would fully expect us to be top 2 next season

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

How to become a top two side then? on 09:16 - Nov 14 with 955 viewsblueboyd

How to become a top two side then? on 09:11 - Nov 14 by kizaitfc

I think we are a top two side, just a top two side that gave the rest of the teams a 10 game head start.

Therefore we will be fighting for playoffs this season and may need a little luck to go up.

If we don't go up I would fully expect us to be top 2 next season

dear god.....
How to become a top two side then? on 09:29 - Nov 14 with 913 viewschicoazul

Sadly top two may be a bridge too far now but we can *play* like a top two team by taking some more of our chances. I also think we need Aluko and Chaplin in the team. Other than that we look very sorted indeed.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024