Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... 20:02 - Nov 10 with 4674 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....not think they are a bit of a dick?
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/nov/10/apple-watch-series-7-review-b

"Sustainability
The Series 7 includes 100% recycled aluminium, 99% recycled tungsten and rare earth elements, and 100% recycled tin in the solder of its main chips. Apple offers trade-in and free recycling for devices..."

Let me let you into a secret...they are not sustainable!!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 20:09 - Nov 10 with 2565 viewsgiant_stow

I've never understood the point of smart watches, but each to their own.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 20:09 - Nov 10 with 2566 viewsdavblue

i only really like mine for workouts and tracking runs cycling. That's the only reason i have one as a pure watch, it's crap.
Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 20:14 - Nov 10 with 2547 viewsKropotkin123

Good job you're using a carrier pigeon and not an electronic device to convey that, otherwise it might come across as hypocrisy. Although, with that said, are you feeding your carrier pigeon from locally sourced feed?

Lots of products are damaging to the environment. Seems a bit odd to go after smart watch wearers whilst quoting various materials are 100% recycled, they are encouraging trade-ins and offer free recycling...

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 20:23 - Nov 10 with 2518 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 20:14 - Nov 10 by Kropotkin123

Good job you're using a carrier pigeon and not an electronic device to convey that, otherwise it might come across as hypocrisy. Although, with that said, are you feeding your carrier pigeon from locally sourced feed?

Lots of products are damaging to the environment. Seems a bit odd to go after smart watch wearers whilst quoting various materials are 100% recycled, they are encouraging trade-ins and offer free recycling...

Lol....greenwash, stuff and climate change, a heady mix. But at least it helps a few to get obscenely wealthy!

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 20:26 - Nov 10 with 2497 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 20:09 - Nov 10 by davblue

i only really like mine for workouts and tracking runs cycling. That's the only reason i have one as a pure watch, it's crap.

Tbf...what use would working out and cycling be without one. On the plus side you can buy stuff with a quick wave of the wrist as you cycle by.

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 21:05 - Nov 10 with 2379 viewsJ2BLUE

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 20:09 - Nov 10 by giant_stow

Same here. I'm sure they have their uses but i've never seen the point. I had a Fitbit charge 3 or 4 and it was pretty inaccurate. Maybe Apple watches are much more accurate.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 21:11 - Nov 10 with 2366 viewsSwansea_Blue

Depends what you mean by smart. I've a Polar GPS watch that records all sort of stuff that I find useful and/or interesting, and it's definitely smarter than me. I can even tell the time using it.

I don't think I'm only a bit of a dick.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 21:21 - Nov 10 with 2337 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 21:11 - Nov 10 by Swansea_Blue

Depends what you mean by smart. I've a Polar GPS watch that records all sort of stuff that I find useful and/or interesting, and it's definitely smarter than me. I can even tell the time using it.

I don't think I'm only a bit of a dick.

I don't even have one, so what's my excuse!

You just know that up and down the country people are being convinced it's what they really need/want for Christmas cos they have all the other stuff.

Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 21:24 - Nov 10 with 2325 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 20:09 - Nov 10 by davblue

How so?Does it not tell the time ?
[Post edited 10 Nov 2021 21:25]
Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 21:49 - Nov 10 with 2253 viewsSwansea_Blue

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 21:21 - Nov 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

I don't even have one, so what's my excuse!

You just know that up and down the country people are being convinced it's what they really need/want for Christmas cos they have all the other stuff.

Oh yeah. There's no such thing as sustainable growth and all that. Fair point really, we don't need half the crap we buy. I'm not entirely convinced by the argument we need to purchase more Apple watches to support jobs. Maybe if the CEO of Apple wasn't worth $1.4billion, or if Apple hasn't made nearly $100billion in profits this year, or hadn't been given illegal tax breaks of over £11bn just in Ireland alone. Maybe then I'd be more convinced that the money actually went to support jobs and the workers.

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 21:54 - Nov 10 with 2241 viewssolomon

Can’t see the point personally, can’t really beat a good old fashioned automatic watch if you want to tell the time and have longevity, plus if it’s good enough it should last a lifetime.
Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 21:56 - Nov 10 with 2232 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 21:54 - Nov 10 by solomon

Can’t see the point personally, can’t really beat a good old fashioned automatic watch if you want to tell the time and have longevity, plus if it’s good enough it should last a lifetime.

Now that's sustainable!

Although I have one of these on my wrist...
[Post edited 10 Nov 2021 21:58]

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 22:22 - Nov 10 with 2183 viewsIllinoisblue

To be fair, you’ve just come to terms with electricity

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 22:27 - Nov 10 with 2182 viewsStokieBlue

It's one of lifes few pleasures to have a properly automatic or fancy quartz watch. Everyday the pleasures decrease so I'm firmly in the anti-smartwatch camp.

I'll stick with my collection of vintage Seiko's thank you, very sustainable given most were made 40+ years ago.

SB
[Post edited 10 Nov 2021 22:28]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 22:39 - Nov 10 with 2137 viewsLesta_Tractor

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 22:27 - Nov 10 by StokieBlue

It's one of lifes few pleasures to have a properly automatic or fancy quartz watch. Everyday the pleasures decrease so I'm firmly in the anti-smartwatch camp.

I'll stick with my collection of vintage Seiko's thank you, very sustainable given most were made 40+ years ago.

SB
[Post edited 10 Nov 2021 22:28]

I'm very happy with my Orient automatic, will upgrade to a really fancy one at some point.

Do also have an old Garmin running watch that gets used 3 or 4 times a week.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2021 22:50]

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 22:56 - Nov 10 with 2082 viewsStokieBlue

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 22:39 - Nov 10 by Lesta_Tractor

I'm very happy with my Orient automatic, will upgrade to a really fancy one at some point.

Do also have an old Garmin running watch that gets used 3 or 4 times a week.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2021 22:50]

I'm lucky that I can buy a few watches here and there but I'm very focused, only vintage Seikos or modern homage watches.

For context, one of the original NASA lunar astronaut's wore a Seiko automatic watch into space because he didn't like the NASA issued Omega Speedtimer.

SB

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 22:59 - Nov 10 with 2073 viewsSwansea_Blue

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 22:56 - Nov 10 by StokieBlue

I'm lucky that I can buy a few watches here and there but I'm very focused, only vintage Seikos or modern homage watches.

For context, one of the original NASA lunar astronaut's wore a Seiko automatic watch into space because he didn't like the NASA issued Omega Speedtimer.

SB

A few? How many arms have you got?

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 23:01 - Nov 10 with 2066 viewsStokieBlue

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 22:59 - Nov 10 by Swansea_Blue

A few? How many arms have you got?

Hmm.

Just the two but one can rotate. Perhaps I should wear a couple at a time!

SB
[Post edited 11 Nov 2021 7:30]

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 23:01 - Nov 10 with 2064 viewsLesta_Tractor

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 22:56 - Nov 10 by StokieBlue

SB

Spotted a Seiko I like but am also tempted by a Tissot Gent automatic. Tough choices!

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 07:28 - Nov 11 with 1856 viewsGlasgowBlue

I have an Apple Watch and I get a lot out if it. I don’t have the series 7. I keep an Apple Watch for three years then upgrade and pass my older model to my son. I’m currently on series5 so will upgrade to the 8 next year. Every year Apple add a lot I’d new features, better battery life etc. It’s constantly improving.

I run a lot so it’s a no brainer. The Apple fitness app will track my run and give all the stats I need. With the cellular model I don’t need to take my phone on a workout and I can stream Apple Music straight to my AirPods. I can also take calls when I’m out running.

I also use Apple fitness + on the treadmill, so again, I can control workouts very easily without having to pick up my phone. One click and I can connect to the TV screen.

I can use it to pay for stuff by double clicking the crown, which means I don’t have to get my phone in supermarkets or shops.

If I’m out fir a walk I can also use maps.

If I can’t find my phone or keys then I can locate them using an ap on the watch which will make the phone of keys beep.

I can turn my heating up or down with my watch.

Another handy feature is I can use it as a remote control to take selfies with the wife. So if we are out in the country I can put my phone on a wall, line up the shot and one click of the crown gives me a three second camera timer.

Reminder alarms are also handy if you don’t have your phone nearby.

I can also take an ECG. Not that I’ve ever felt the need to do so.

So I’m pretty happy with it.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 07:39 - Nov 11 with 1812 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 07:28 - Nov 11 by GlasgowBlue

I have an Apple Watch and I get a lot out if it. I don’t have the series 7. I keep an Apple Watch for three years then upgrade and pass my older model to my son. I’m currently on series5 so will upgrade to the 8 next year. Every year Apple add a lot I’d new features, better battery life etc. It’s constantly improving.

I run a lot so it’s a no brainer. The Apple fitness app will track my run and give all the stats I need. With the cellular model I don’t need to take my phone on a workout and I can stream Apple Music straight to my AirPods. I can also take calls when I’m out running.

I also use Apple fitness + on the treadmill, so again, I can control workouts very easily without having to pick up my phone. One click and I can connect to the TV screen.

I can use it to pay for stuff by double clicking the crown, which means I don’t have to get my phone in supermarkets or shops.

If I can’t find my phone or keys then I can locate them using an ap on the watch which will make the phone of keys beep.

Another handy feature is I can use it as a remote control to take selfies with the wife. So if we are out in the country I can put my phone on a wall, line up the shot and one click of the crown gives me a three second camera timer.

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 08:02 - Nov 11 with 1763 viewsgiant_stow

Are you on commission?!

That's quite a list, in fairness. I'll stick with the mobile, but then I'm a lazy basted who hates going for a run.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 08:50 - Nov 11 with 1694 viewsOldboy

I also have one. Don't see the problem. Bet there are plenty on here who spend money on worse. This idea that if you have/do something then you must be this/that.
Strange behaviour.
I have a smart watch and I love it.
Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 09:13 - Nov 11 with 1662 viewsNthQldITFC

I haven't warn a watch of any kind for decades - I don't find them either physically or psychologically comfortable, or practically necessary. I do think that I am a bit of a dick notwithstanding.

Vanity gadgets are rarely sustainable, but vanity gadget manufacturers are very good at sustaining the bullshyte that manipulates our egos into seeing their crap as 'must have', irrespective of the geocide of which we are culpable.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 09:20 - Nov 11 with 1647 viewsGuthrum

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 23:01 - Nov 10 by StokieBlue

Hmm.

Just the two but one can rotate. Perhaps I should wear a couple at a time!

SB
[Post edited 11 Nov 2021 7:30]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024