Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I seem to have been told by quite a few... 17:07 - Dec 11 with 4388 viewsOriginalMarkyP

...luminaries on here that Norwood was a waste of space, would never play for the club again and I was mad for repeatedly saying he should play, and is the best striker we have.

Not saying I told you so.

But...

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:11 - Dec 11 with 2100 viewsTractorFrog

I think, despite his current struggles, Bonne is still our best striker. But I would like to see Norwood start alongside Bonne for a run of games.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:11 - Dec 11 with 2101 viewsJ2BLUE

The vast majority of the anti Norwood stuff is because he's considered a bellend off the pitch. I'm with you. He should be starting. Some of this lot want to loan him out and don't care if he goes to another league one club.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:11 - Dec 11 with 2091 viewsjeera

You were an only child weren't you.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:13 - Dec 11 with 2066 viewsjayessess

If he scores another 10 then we can talk.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:13 - Dec 11 with 2053 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:11 - Dec 11 by jeera

Nope. But this has amused me.

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:14 - Dec 11 with 2020 viewsjeera

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:13 - Dec 11 by OriginalMarkyP

Nope. But this has amused me.

You were the youngest then!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:15 - Dec 11 with 1991 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:14 - Dec 11 by jeera

You were the youngest then!

I was. Youngest and the best.

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:16 - Dec 11 with 1961 viewschrismakin

Got to recall Simpson, imagine Simpson and Norwood together......

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:18 - Dec 11 with 1942 viewsJ2BLUE

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:16 - Dec 11 by chrismakin

Bonne has been brilliant for most of the season and Pigott was one of the best strikers in the league last season.

No reason to recall Simpson. He could have a big future and needs to be left where he is.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:19 - Dec 11 with 1920 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:16 - Dec 11 by chrismakin

No we don't. Leave him where he is, he's doing well and getting regular games.

Leave him there for the season, maybe even send him back again next season he'll come back a far better player.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:21 - Dec 11 with 1878 viewschrismakin

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:19 - Dec 11 by Cheltenham_Blue

No we don't. Leave him where he is, he's doing well and getting regular games.

Leave him there for the season, maybe even send him back again next season he'll come back a far better player.

I get nervous about players being out on loan, almost like they get forgotten, have we ever had a player go out on loan and become something at town? I think Lankester and Drinan did, but well theyve gone..

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:22 - Dec 11 with 1872 viewsjayessess

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:21 - Dec 11 by chrismakin

I get nervous about players being out on loan, almost like they get forgotten, have we ever had a player go out on loan and become something at town? I think Lankester and Drinan did, but well theyve gone..

Woolfenden, Downes, El Mizouni...

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:24 - Dec 11 with 1836 viewsJDB23

Woolfenden done well as Swindon then had a good season with us.

Ashton has identified the loan market is something we have not utilised very well for our youth players, don’t think it would be a good look for us to start recalling players when we have plenty of first teamers available.
I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:28 - Dec 11 with 1800 viewsCrock

Simon Milton

Poll: Favourite number?

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:32 - Dec 11 with 1759 viewsEireannach_gorm

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:13 - Dec 11 by jayessess

He has to be on the pitch to do that.
I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:39 - Dec 11 with 1691 viewsArnieM

I want Norwood in the side, and was convinced his time was done with here…it certainly isn’t clear why or who put him with U23’s.

His abilities as a footballer have never been in doubt . In League One he’s exactly what we need in the team right now. But if you ask me what I think about James Norwood the man, the person in daily life , well I’m not convinced he is a shining example to youngsters. But maybe that’s just me….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:39 - Dec 11 with 1690 viewsKeaneish

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:13 - Dec 11 by jayessess

He will do if he gets starts and stays injury free, that’s always been the case. Night and day from the type of player Pigott is. Norwood makes things happen, that’s always been the case.

In his first 5-minutes off the bench he did more feeding off the same service than Pigott. Norwood gives our attack more focus, more structure and a lot more physicality which this league demands.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:43 - Dec 11 with 1652 viewsjayessess

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:39 - Dec 11 by Keaneish

He will do if he gets starts and stays injury free, that’s always been the case. Night and day from the type of player Pigott is. Norwood makes things happen, that’s always been the case.

In his first 5-minutes off the bench he did more feeding off the same service than Pigott. Norwood gives our attack more focus, more structure and a lot more physicality which this league demands.

Pigott just can't get going at all, sadly. Bonne's been in a funk lately, but he's already matched James Norwood's best ever season for us, so more than a little precipitous to be declaring Nors "the best striker at the club".
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 17:46]

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:51 - Dec 11 with 1588 viewsLankHenners

Annoying berk droning on about the same thing every day in being told to shut up shocker.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:53 - Dec 11 with 1566 viewsMetal_Hacker

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:11 - Dec 11 by jeera

And still a child ffs

Poll: If it were one or the other

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:57 - Dec 11 with 1539 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:22 - Dec 11 by jayessess

Woolfenden, Downes, El Mizouni...

Tommy Smith

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:57 - Dec 11 with 1531 viewschrismakin

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:51 - Dec 11 by LankHenners

Annoying berk droning on about the same thing every day in being told to shut up shocker.

fair play to Marky for sticking to his beliefs.

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:57 - Dec 11 with 1539 viewspositivity

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:43 - Dec 11 by jayessess

Pigott just can't get going at all, sadly. Bonne's been in a funk lately, but he's already matched James Norwood's best ever season for us, so more than a little precipitous to be declaring Nors "the best striker at the club".
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 17:46]

i'd say he's gone up to 4th best with today's goal

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 18:05 - Dec 11 with 1504 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:53 - Dec 11 by Metal_Hacker

And still a child ffs

You'd be less sad and angry if you could be in touch with you inner child.

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 18:06 - Dec 11 with 1501 viewsbilllm

Not by me,he actually took it really well, he will be buzzing after that, poor old Sunderland,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024