Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I seem to have been told by quite a few... 17:07 - Dec 11 with 4416 viewsOriginalMarkyP

...luminaries on here that Norwood was a waste of space, would never play for the club again and I was mad for repeatedly saying he should play, and is the best striker we have.

Not saying I told you so.

But...

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 19:32 - Dec 11 with 1067 viewsHerbivore

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 18:41 - Dec 11 by chrismakin

I think tbh you're taking it further than it needs to be

He was indeed our 3rd choice striker

Our first choice has been struggling recently
our 2nd choice hasn't taken his opportunties, as brief as they have been

our 3rd choice as must as we may not like the person, has a very good goal to game time ratio, so purely on on pitch relevence, there's no reason why Norwood should be excluded. As I say i don't like the person he appears to be, but im going purely on football matters.

You described Norwood as "the best option upfront on the pitch". That's a ridiculous comment when he's just scored his first league goal of the season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 19:41 - Dec 11 with 1039 viewschrismakin

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 19:32 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

You described Norwood as "the best option upfront on the pitch". That's a ridiculous comment when he's just scored his first league goal of the season.

He offered us more in 20 minutes than the other 2 have in games lately. So yes he is the current best option available. Our other is on loan.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 21:44]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 19:48 - Dec 11 with 1037 viewsTrequartista

Previously I considered 'told you so' posts rather embarrassing, but that was in the days when it was just opinion vs opinion. Unfortunately nowadays it is so often 'my opinion is fact and your opinion is worthy of scorn', so I can understand how being made to feel like that must trigger the desire to post this, so enjoy your day in the sun.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 19:53 - Dec 11 with 1021 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 19:48 - Dec 11 by Trequartista

Previously I considered 'told you so' posts rather embarrassing, but that was in the days when it was just opinion vs opinion. Unfortunately nowadays it is so often 'my opinion is fact and your opinion is worthy of scorn', so I can understand how being made to feel like that must trigger the desire to post this, so enjoy your day in the sun.

To be honest I wouldn't have posted it if some the abuse I got for merely expressing my opinion hadn't gotten so ugly.

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 19:56 - Dec 11 with 1014 viewswkj

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 19:53 - Dec 11 by OriginalMarkyP

To be honest I wouldn't have posted it if some the abuse I got for merely expressing my opinion hadn't gotten so ugly.

(Yeah, you would have ;) )

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 19:58 - Dec 11 with 1010 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 19:56 - Dec 11 by wkj

(Yeah, you would have ;) )

Of course I would ;)

But like was it Cook or Ashton that stopped him playing we'll never know for sure will we?

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 20:01 - Dec 11 with 999 viewswkj

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 19:58 - Dec 11 by OriginalMarkyP

Of course I would ;)

But like was it Cook or Ashton that stopped him playing we'll never know for sure will we?

I'd say it was most likely Norwood himself that stopped himself playing. If he pulled his head out of his arse in the last few months and decided to show up, then fair play to him. However, for most of this season - most were right not to invest much hope in him.

Let's not get too carried away either, as he's not often gone on for many games with us before being on the injury list.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 20:06 - Dec 11 with 987 viewsChurchman

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 20:01 - Dec 11 by wkj

I'd say it was most likely Norwood himself that stopped himself playing. If he pulled his head out of his arse in the last few months and decided to show up, then fair play to him. However, for most of this season - most were right not to invest much hope in him.

Let's not get too carried away either, as he's not often gone on for many games with us before being on the injury list.

Yup, this covers it.
Login to get fewer ads

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 20:28 - Dec 11 with 971 viewsHerbivore

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 19:41 - Dec 11 by chrismakin

He offered us more in 20 minutes than the other 2 have in games lately. So yes he is the current best option available. Our other is on loan.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 21:44]

I've seen leaves that blow in the wind less than you.

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 21:36 - Dec 11 with 918 viewschrismakin

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 20:28 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

I've seen leaves that blow in the wind less than you.

Losing a discussion so making stuff up. Typical.
No shame in admitting he's a prick off the pitch but good on it.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 21:44 - Dec 11 with 902 viewsitfcsuth

He’s a handful, and a good L1 option. Has to remain fit though.

I’m only interested in what is best for Ipswich Town, if he performs over a period of time like today, then him being involved is certainly what’s best for Town.

Let’s see how it goes.
I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 22:41 - Dec 11 with 872 viewsGarv

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 18:09 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

He takes up about as much space as two regular professional footballers, so in that sense he's a waste of space as you could use the space he occupies to have two actual footballers.

Deary me.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 22:45 - Dec 11 with 872 viewsGarv

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 21:36 - Dec 11 by chrismakin

It's sad that you have to continue offering caveats to the end of your posts (even if they're true).
[Post edited 13 Dec 2021 15:24]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 23:08 - Dec 11 with 856 viewsBLUEGOLD

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 21:36 - Dec 11 by chrismakin

He’s a prick off it and ok on it when he’s fit which is about half the time.

Overall now we have some cash, let’s get rid of the pricks and get better, more consistent players.
I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 23:20 - Dec 11 with 848 viewsCotty

He’s not a waste of space, he’s a c***. I’m genuinely torn.

I would say that one swallow doesn’t make a summer. If he fires us to the premier league I’ll happily be his chauffeur.
I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 23:25 - Dec 11 with 844 viewsMeadowlark

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 17:11 - Dec 11 by J2BLUE

The vast majority of the anti Norwood stuff is because he's considered a bellend off the pitch. I'm with you. He should be starting. Some of this lot want to loan him out and don't care if he goes to another league one club.

"Considered a bellend off the pitch"
His tweets and Instagram posts display a rare intelligence and wit that is probably too difficult for his detractors to appreciate or even understand, so they resort to criticism.
And once one or two say something about him, the numbskulls and prima donnas jump on the bandwagon.
I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 23:34 - Dec 11 with 836 viewsBLUEGOLD

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 23:25 - Dec 11 by Meadowlark

His tweets and Instagram posts display a rare intelligence and wit that is probably too difficult for his detractors to appreciate or even understand, so they resort to criticism.
And once one or two say something about him, the numbskulls and prima donnas jump on the bandwagon.

Ok I’ll bite.

His 2 drink drive convictions suggest what?

He is a cunit and frankly I’m ashamed that he is playing for my team.
I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 23:48 - Dec 11 with 830 viewsChurchman

Norwood - ‘Rare intelligence and wit’.

Wow. Just wow.
I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 23:56 - Dec 11 with 818 viewspositivity

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 23:48 - Dec 11 by Churchman

Norwood - ‘Rare intelligence and wit’.

Wow. Just wow.

very, very rare!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 23:59 - Dec 11 with 814 viewsJDB23

Good goal today Nors, keep it up!
I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 00:10 - Dec 12 with 807 viewsBLUEGOLD

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 23:59 - Dec 11 by JDB23

Good goal today Nors, keep it up!

Words fail me
I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 07:48 - Dec 12 with 727 viewsHerbivore

Don't think you'll catch too many with this very obvious bait. 2/10.

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 08:22 - Dec 12 with 715 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 18:23 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

Pigott got 20 goals at this level last season, Bonne has scored goals at this level and the level above and has as many goals after 20 games for us as Norwood has ever managed for us in a season. That's why Norwood is third choice behind those two, it's based entirely on their on field performances.

LOL, so we can rate players based on their CV but not managers? Pigott's done nothing in a Town shirt.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 08:31 - Dec 12 with 711 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 18:14 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

I find the painting of Norwood as our saviour after one goal somewhat more desperate. For me he's a symbol of our decline and failure as a club in recent years. If he goes on to score a shed load of goals and fires us to the top 6 I'll happily stand corrected.

We improved massively after Norwood came on, it wasn't just about his goal. I bet you didn't even watch the game.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I seem to have been told by quite a few... on 09:16 - Dec 12 with 699 viewsblueislander

Mate. You are becoming a Poundworld Blubfish. Still a way to go before you reach his level of arrogance and lack of self awareness.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024