Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
kicking off in rural Wiltshire 17:54 - Dec 27 with 6203 viewsgordon

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 18:03 - Dec 27 with 3392 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Bunch of c#nts on horses but always watch out for the terrier men!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 18:20 - Dec 27 with 3320 viewsIllinoisblue

More than one Barbour warrior getting some cheap digs in there.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 18:51 - Dec 27 with 3223 viewsjeera

The only appropriate outcome of these meetings is that some of them get trampled underfoot by their own horses and then set upon by their own dogs.

Awful excuses for humans.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 19:00 - Dec 27 with 3156 viewsgordon

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 18:03 - Dec 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

That's you with the grey beard and the hat at the start isn't it?
kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 19:02 - Dec 27 with 3146 viewsEdwardStone

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 18:03 - Dec 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

I used to work with a terrierman

He was a c* nt
kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 19:11 - Dec 27 with 3103 viewsNthQldITFC

I stood still in the gloom and drizzle last night and watched a beautiful fox walk delicately along the bank near me. It paused when it got my scent then scurried off. A few minutes later I watched a barn owl close up, quartering absolutely silently over a field of stubble.

When I see scum on horseback determined to rip beautiful creatures apart for no other reason than the depraved and filthy perversions of their own cold, sad and miserable minds, I know which species I'd prefer to see 'controlled'.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 19:21 - Dec 27 with 3058 viewsMullet

If they weren't posh types and their hangers ons it'd be much more heavily policed and vilified.

The bit in the Star yesterday essentially allowing some Tally-ho Tory to justify what they do was shameful. Especially as he didn't even have the balls to describe the main part of the day.

If it was done on quad bikes and bullies off leads you can bet there'd be an uproar.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 20:32 - Dec 27 with 2868 viewsWD19

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 19:11 - Dec 27 by NthQldITFC

I stood still in the gloom and drizzle last night and watched a beautiful fox walk delicately along the bank near me. It paused when it got my scent then scurried off. A few minutes later I watched a barn owl close up, quartering absolutely silently over a field of stubble.

When I see scum on horseback determined to rip beautiful creatures apart for no other reason than the depraved and filthy perversions of their own cold, sad and miserable minds, I know which species I'd prefer to see 'controlled'.

When I go for walks after dark I routinely see far more foxes than I do domestic cats. They are everywhere. A family of three spend most nights messing up my garden.
Login to get fewer ads

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 20:35 - Dec 27 with 2860 viewsnodge_blue

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 19:11 - Dec 27 by NthQldITFC

I am being stupid in thinking fox hunting is banned and this can only be a drag hunt?

Is that largely being ignored in reality?

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 20:39 - Dec 27 with 2831 viewsMullet

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 20:35 - Dec 27 by nodge_blue

I am being stupid in thinking fox hunting is banned and this can only be a drag hunt?

Depends who you talk to. There have been foxes killed "accidentally" during drag hunts and documented by various animal rights groups, police chiefs, the RSPCA etc.

It's essentially another example of how class based the CJS is in this country.

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 20:41 - Dec 27 with 2817 viewsgtsb1966

Chris Packham (@ChrisGPackham) Tweeted: Trail hunting is just a trail of lies . . .

Please watch and share this beautifully made film by @Keeptheban_ and sign the petition too . Thank you .

https://t.co/7dA85RcQ1g

#trailoflies https://t.co/1LqHGJGfpT
kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 20:41 - Dec 27 with 2818 viewsLord_Lucan

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 19:21 - Dec 27 by Mullet

If they weren't posh types and their hangers ons it'd be much more heavily policed and vilified.

The bit in the Star yesterday essentially allowing some Tally-ho Tory to justify what they do was shameful. Especially as he didn't even have the balls to describe the main part of the day.

If it was done on quad bikes and bullies off leads you can bet there'd be an uproar.

That's a fair point - although I don't think the farmers would give the quad bikers permission anyway.

Genuine question here - what are your (or other peoples as well for that matter) views on stag hunting?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 20:44 - Dec 27 with 2792 viewsnodge_blue

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 20:39 - Dec 27 by Mullet

Depends who you talk to. There have been foxes killed "accidentally" during drag hunts and documented by various animal rights groups, police chiefs, the RSPCA etc.

It's essentially another example of how class based the CJS is in this country.

I see. I guess there’s a huge amount goes on when people think they can get away with it.

I have no problems with drag hunts if that’s what they truely are. But not if they are actually hunting foxes.

That and badger baiting, which is even worse in my opinion. Can’t see how anyone can take pleasure in it.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 20:47 - Dec 27 with 2762 viewsjeera

"The RSPCA, League Against Cruel Sports, CPS and police have successfully prosecuted 344 people for offences under the Hunting Act since it came into force".*

If that's just the number that have been successfully prosecuted then you'd assume there's been a number of unsuccessful attempts.

Then the many who simply get away with it altogether.

* https://www.rspca.org.uk/getinvolved/campaign/hunting/facts

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 20:48 - Dec 27 with 2754 viewsMullet

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 20:41 - Dec 27 by Lord_Lucan

That's a fair point - although I don't think the farmers would give the quad bikers permission anyway.

Genuine question here - what are your (or other peoples as well for that matter) views on stag hunting?

The only hunting I "like" is for food, with a gun and even then I'm not a big cheerleader for it. However, I do enjoy game and will get it from my butcher who has it killed this way because it's the most ethical source I can find and the best meat.

I know you've tried to defend hunting on here over the years in various ways, but you'll never convince me that anything which involves dogs etc in this manner is anything but barbaric.

Also, as you should recall last time we did this, I've been present when huntsmen have crashed through my granddad's fields without permission, trashing crops and being arrogant bellends in the process. The idea of permission is a slippery one when it comes to these scumbags.

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 21:00 - Dec 27 with 2696 viewsLord_Lucan

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 20:48 - Dec 27 by Mullet

The only hunting I "like" is for food, with a gun and even then I'm not a big cheerleader for it. However, I do enjoy game and will get it from my butcher who has it killed this way because it's the most ethical source I can find and the best meat.

I know you've tried to defend hunting on here over the years in various ways, but you'll never convince me that anything which involves dogs etc in this manner is anything but barbaric.

Also, as you should recall last time we did this, I've been present when huntsmen have crashed through my granddad's fields without permission, trashing crops and being arrogant bellends in the process. The idea of permission is a slippery one when it comes to these scumbags.

Actually...... I have never really been pro or anti fox hunting, it really isn't something that i would want to watch or participate in - especially as I hate the countryside. I may have defended their right in the past as I know a couple of huntsman and they used to take it all very seriously. I remember your story about your grandads fields. I spoke to a few people about this at the time and none of them accepted it could be true - unless they all hated your grandad.

I think fox hunting would be more acceptable if they actually managed to get a few foxes as from what I have been told they often blank. If the purpose is to rid foxes to prevent them scavenging and destroying farmers livelihoods then I see little point if they often fail. For that reason, on balance I am against it.

Anyway, I mentioned stag hunting because I think this is essential in order to cull the old and deformed and I just wondered what your thoughts were on that.

For what it's worth I am very much an animal man and get very upset about animal cruelty.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2021 21:07]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 21:06 - Dec 27 with 2637 viewsZXBlue

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 21:00 - Dec 27 by Lord_Lucan

Actually...... I have never really been pro or anti fox hunting, it really isn't something that i would want to watch or participate in - especially as I hate the countryside. I may have defended their right in the past as I know a couple of huntsman and they used to take it all very seriously. I remember your story about your grandads fields. I spoke to a few people about this at the time and none of them accepted it could be true - unless they all hated your grandad.

I think fox hunting would be more acceptable if they actually managed to get a few foxes as from what I have been told they often blank. If the purpose is to rid foxes to prevent them scavenging and destroying farmers livelihoods then I see little point if they often fail. For that reason, on balance I am against it.

Anyway, I mentioned stag hunting because I think this is essential in order to cull the old and deformed and I just wondered what your thoughts were on that.

For what it's worth I am very much an animal man and get very upset about animal cruelty.

Footage good enough for prosections with a bit of luck.
kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 21:06 - Dec 27 with 2633 viewsjeera

Fox hunting does nothing to control numbers.

It is a game for toffs, nothing more or less and totally unnecessary and weird and cowardly in my view. Yes, animal cruelty for the sake of animal cruelty.

Like throwing the odd infant to a pack for them to excite them.

As for the people you asked, you would only have to consider their views on the activity to find your answer. Plenty of people on private land have testified over the years to hunts invading their boundaries. No fox is going to understand the land borders any more than the crazed pack of dogs chasing them. And no amount of screaming at them to come back is going to work.

Where the fox goes so do the dogs, where the dogs go, so do the weird freaks in fancy dress behind them.

I hate them. And I've known several farmers who hate them too.

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 21:09 - Dec 27 with 2611 viewsMullet

Weirdly you were very keen to tell me how wrong I was a few years back and how great your hunting mates were etc.

I'm sure they were right what with not being there and I was. It's a weird childhood memory to make up isn't it? The only thing they hated was being told to leave, because that's the type of people they are especially with blood in their nose.

As for population control, it's the same as the badgers debate. If it's a legitimate effort and scientifically studied etc. I have no issue with that, but when it's on the same plane as baiting and coursing then I see no reason for it at all.

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 21:18 - Dec 27 with 2573 viewsLord_Lucan

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 21:06 - Dec 27 by jeera

Fox hunting does nothing to control numbers.

It is a game for toffs, nothing more or less and totally unnecessary and weird and cowardly in my view. Yes, animal cruelty for the sake of animal cruelty.

Like throwing the odd infant to a pack for them to excite them.

As for the people you asked, you would only have to consider their views on the activity to find your answer. Plenty of people on private land have testified over the years to hunts invading their boundaries. No fox is going to understand the land borders any more than the crazed pack of dogs chasing them. And no amount of screaming at them to come back is going to work.

Where the fox goes so do the dogs, where the dogs go, so do the weird freaks in fancy dress behind them.

I hate them. And I've known several farmers who hate them too.

Your first sentence is what I was saying - if they were more successful and actually dispatched a few more then it would make more sense.

I don't understand the "Toff" angle though, the hunting people I knew were a mixture from builders to land owners and everything in between. It's a bit like assuming all poachers are P*****s.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2021 10:42]

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 21:19 - Dec 27 with 2564 viewsSwansea_Blue

The purpose is entertainment as far as I can make out. I’d have thought they’d go out and shoot them at night in their pickups with big spotlights if it was just about culling. You don’t need all the pomp and ceremony for a cull. It’s just a ritual.

Mind you, I suppose it’s good from the horsemanship side. There must be fewer and fewer opportunities to ride cross country as time goes by.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 21:26 - Dec 27 with 2521 viewsGeoffSentence

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 19:21 - Dec 27 by Mullet

The only reason it still exists, unlike say dog fighting, cock fighting and badger baiting, is because it is something enjoyed by posh types.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 21:32 - Dec 27 with 2486 viewsLord_Lucan

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 21:26 - Dec 27 by GeoffSentence

The only reason it still exists, unlike say dog fighting, cock fighting and badger baiting, is because it is something enjoyed by posh types.

Dog fighting and badger baiting do very much still exist though - it's just that the organisers and audience don't wear "Posh" attire

I'm also struggling to accept dog fighting is on the same level.

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 21:41 - Dec 27 with 2390 viewsGeoffSentence

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 21:32 - Dec 27 by Lord_Lucan

Dog fighting and badger baiting do very much still exist though - it's just that the organisers and audience don't wear "Posh" attire

I'm also struggling to accept dog fighting is on the same level.

Not legally. Nor is there provision in law to allow dog fighting or badger baiting to happen accidentally.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

kicking off in rural Wiltshire (n/t) on 21:58 - Dec 27 with 2319 viewsLord_Lucan

kicking off in rural Wiltshire on 21:41 - Dec 27 by GeoffSentence

Not legally. Nor is there provision in law to allow dog fighting or badger baiting to happen accidentally.

[Post edited 27 Dec 2021 21:58]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024