Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
218,724 16:17 - Jan 4 with 1816 viewsSitfcB

New UK COVID cases

Blimey.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

218,724 on 16:23 - Jan 4 with 1766 viewschicoazul

TWTD finally getting the case rates they’ve been thirsting for since June.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

218,724 on 16:24 - Jan 4 with 1751 viewsSitfcB

218,724 on 16:23 - Jan 4 by chicoazul

TWTD finally getting the case rates they’ve been thirsting for since June.

I wonder how many in that number are fake positives for people who just want time off work haha.

That is if LFTs are included in these stats? Does anyone ITK know if they are?

COYB

218,724 on 16:28 - Jan 4 with 1734 viewsWD19

The knee jerk reporting of these numbers by the media does my head in.

A couple of days ago, due to a reporting lag, the numbers were down and the Daily Telegraph took the opportunity to run a lead story about how the numbers were x% down and restrictions could no longer be justified. Now, due to a reporting lag, the numbers are artificially inflated and we have the opposite.

The 7 day rolling average is the only number that makes any sense. Even then it will be influenced by things like the return to school industrial testing of all schoolkids and flushing out of asymptomatic cases there.
218,724 on 16:28 - Jan 4 with 1714 viewsPinewoodblue

218,724 on 16:24 - Jan 4 by SitfcB

I wonder how many in that number are fake positives for people who just want time off work haha.

Copied from Gov notes on testing:-

Reported cases are sometimes removed if subsequent tests are negative. This happens when cases identified through a positive rapid lateral flow test are followed by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests within 3 days that are all negative. These cases are removed daily from 21 May 2021. Because of this, the number of newly-reported cases may not be the same as the difference between the total number of reported cases from one day to the next. The number of newly-reported cases in England and the UK is adjusted to take this into account, but the numbers for regions and local authorities are not adjusted. This means that for regions and local authorities, this figure does not show the actual number of new cases reported on that date."

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

218,724 on 16:29 - Jan 4 with 1701 viewsJakeITFC

Unless I'm misreading the data (which I've got from two different places so may be) we've had 13.6m positive tests in the entire time that Covid testing has existed in the UK, with around 1.3m of them occurring in the last 7 days. That seems quite incredible.
218,724 on 16:33 - Jan 4 with 1642 viewsSitfcB

218,724 on 16:28 - Jan 4 by WD19

The knee jerk reporting of these numbers by the media does my head in.

A couple of days ago, due to a reporting lag, the numbers were down and the Daily Telegraph took the opportunity to run a lead story about how the numbers were x% down and restrictions could no longer be justified. Now, due to a reporting lag, the numbers are artificially inflated and we have the opposite.

The 7 day rolling average is the only number that makes any sense. Even then it will be influenced by things like the return to school industrial testing of all schoolkids and flushing out of asymptomatic cases there.

They absolutely love the scaremongering. Must get them some bloody good numbers in clicks.

‘Breaking news’ ‘highest in record’ etc etc

They do it with the press conferences aswell.

‘Breaking news Boris Johnson to hold COVID press conference at 5pm’ - when it’s just a standard update etc but leads to people fearing what he’s going to say/do and people speculating about more restrictions.

COYB

218,724 on 16:33 - Jan 4 with 1637 viewschicoazul

218,724 on 16:29 - Jan 4 by JakeITFC

Unless I'm misreading the data (which I've got from two different places so may be) we've had 13.6m positive tests in the entire time that Covid testing has existed in the UK, with around 1.3m of them occurring in the last 7 days. That seems quite incredible.

Every secondary school is testing their kids this week.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

218,724 on 16:34 - Jan 4 with 1612 viewsWD19

218,724 on 16:33 - Jan 4 by chicoazul

They wont be in the numbers yet.....
Login to get fewer ads

218,724 on 16:36 - Jan 4 with 1582 viewschicoazul

218,724 on 16:34 - Jan 4 by WD19

They wont be in the numbers yet.....

If they’re done in the last seven days I guess they would be..? I confess I don’t know though.

218,724 on 16:40 - Jan 4 with 1535 viewsStokieBlue

218,724 on 16:36 - Jan 4 by chicoazul

If they’re done in the last seven days I guess they would be..? I confess I don’t know though.

School only started today or even tomorrow so they won't be in the numbers.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

218,724 on 16:41 - Jan 4 with 1522 viewsSitfcB

218,724 on 16:40 - Jan 4 by StokieBlue

SB

Would they have had to test over the last few days though prior to returning?

COYB

218,724 on 16:42 - Jan 4 with 1514 viewskizaitfc

Backlog of Scotland and Wales included in todays figures.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

218,724 on 16:44 - Jan 4 with 1494 viewsChurchman

218,724 on 16:40 - Jan 4 by StokieBlue

SB

But some unreported cases are included. As we have said before, however inaccurate the measurement, as long as it’s consistent over time it will show trends which is informative.
218,724 on 16:47 - Jan 4 with 1462 viewsStokieBlue

218,724 on 16:44 - Jan 4 by Churchman

But some unreported cases are included. As we have said before, however inaccurate the measurement, as long as it’s consistent over time it will show trends which is informative.

That's not what was being discussed.

As you say, a 7 day average is more informative to determine a trend.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

218,724 on 16:59 - Jan 4 with 1379 viewstextbackup

48 deaths.....

still 48 too many, but thats a tiny %

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

218,724 on 17:05 - Jan 4 with 1343 viewsMookamoo

218,724 on 16:59 - Jan 4 by textbackup

48 deaths.....

Its the knock on effect of those numbers though. Mrs Mook has just come back from her first day back at Ipswich. Of the 2 wards she was due to work on, because of Covid contacts one is shut completely and one only has one bay open (ie no new patients allowed for the next 2 weeks)
218,724 on 17:07 - Jan 4 with 1332 viewstextbackup

218,724 on 17:05 - Jan 4 by Mookamoo

Its the knock on effect of those numbers though. Mrs Mook has just come back from her first day back at Ipswich. Of the 2 wards she was due to work on, because of Covid contacts one is shut completely and one only has one bay open (ie no new patients allowed for the next 2 weeks)

yeah i get that, was just commenting on the low death toll compared.

hope she doesnt get run into the ground too hard over next X amount of weeks/months

218,724 on 17:07 - Jan 4 with 1328 viewsDanTheMan

48 deaths.....

I think the biggest issues now are just number of available beds are patients being admitted is going up (even if they aren't serious) and that it's causing a massive amount of NHS staff to go off work.

From the sounds of it though, we're too late to really do anything now so we're just going to ride it out.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 17:07]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

218,724 on 17:11 - Jan 4 with 1298 viewstextbackup

218,724 on 17:07 - Jan 4 by DanTheMan

I think the biggest issues now are just number of available beds are patients being admitted is going up (even if they aren't serious) and that it's causing a massive amount of NHS staff to go off work.

From the sounds of it though, we're too late to really do anything now so we're just going to ride it out.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 17:07]

yeah, sorry, see above reply to mokooomooomokooo

218,724 on 17:54 - Jan 4 with 1167 viewsSonOfSpock

218,724 on 16:33 - Jan 4 by chicoazul

Indeed - my eldest Spocklet is doing an LFT test tomorrow and if negative, he can then go into school the following day for a school-based LFT where he can then continue to lessons or come back home.

Am not saying that theres a duplication of effort or lack of trust going on anywhere...

Either way, definite test spikage this week.
218,724 on 18:09 - Jan 4 with 1092 viewslizzibee

218,724 on 16:24 - Jan 4 by SitfcB

I hope this isn’t a comment about Lincoln players 😹😹 (sorry couldnt resist this)

I don’t think you have to report LFTs. I didn’t report mine as I had a subsequent PcR which was positive so logged that.
218,724 on 18:29 - Jan 4 with 1034 viewsTrequartista

218,724 on 16:42 - Jan 4 by kizaitfc

Backlog of Scotland and Wales included in todays figures.

N Ireland (4 days) and Wales (2 days) i think.

Dividing them evenly and re-allocating them to today's figures makes it about 180k which is still a record.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

218,724 on 18:32 - Jan 4 with 1021 viewsTrequartista

48 deaths.....

daily death figures are completely unreliable because of counting lags, today we have england 25 and northern ireland 15, three days ago it was england 154, nothern ireland 0.

only the weekly figure has any meaning and even that has been skewed by the massive backlog after christmas.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

218,724 on 19:53 - Jan 4 with 874 viewslongtimefan

218,724 on 16:29 - Jan 4 by JakeITFC

That statistic is heavily slanted by the fact that testing hardly existed in the first wave. We were seeing 1000 deaths a day when the “numbers“ testing positive were being reported at around the 4K
218,724 on 20:09 - Jan 4 with 833 viewsMullet

218,724 on 16:36 - Jan 4 by chicoazul

Testing will be done entirely differently depending on school capacity/ responses. Some schools will stagger it by year group over a few days. Likewise parents are starting to withdraw consent and refuse testing to keep their child at school and babysat essentially.

Not sure if this is coordinated via social media etc or just people naturally cottoning on that guidance is not enforceable.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024